FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not victim blaming - a drug problem doesn’t automatically indicate bad parenting. I’m just very pleased that Kamdyn was found safely as we all know too well, this could have had an even sadder ending.

The more I read, the more I believe the outcome of this just has to involve drugs. IMO/JMO.

“A family member filed a report with the office claiming that Cavett had been using crack cocaine in a residential home, and had “thrown a can of soda at her and yelled at her,” the report said.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article244554197.html

I need to catch up! I haven't seen presser where mom's last sighting was Hollywood.

Is there a LE link to such or presser?

Oh, just noted this is the Nancy Grace link... who often MOO ...pfffft... well, let's just say, Nancy Grace... is there a MAINSTREAM site vs. this one. The body of the article doesn't say anything to support the click click click header?

...........typical

Does anyone here have a link, or is this just a sensational Nancy headline as we are used to?

The article is by @leighEg who's a member here and usually reliable.

CBS Miami has the same info: Police: Missing Mom, Leila Cavett, Last Seen In Hollywood Before Her Toddler Found Wandering In Miramar

<modsnip>
But now that the police say they have a video of her and believe her to be in danger, I’m thinking someone has her and she saw an opportunity to drop her son and insure his safety? And maybe that’s why he had two toys in his hands? Idk.

What I also find interesting is that when I look at google maps there’s a gas station right by the apartment complex where Kam was found. <modsnip> I think someone on here said there was a Walmart within the vicinity of this complex.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Something compelled her to take her young son and drive to FL - what was it? If we figure that out- we may know what happened.

My guess ? she was meeting someone and that person was not a good person - I'm glad for the video but sometimes we may just not want to see - I still remember Carly Brucias' kidnapping on video - and it was 16 years ago.
https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article144214914.html

JMO

Something compelled her to take her young son and drive to FL - what was it? If we figure that out- we may know what happened.

My guess ? she was meeting someone and that person was not a good person - I'm glad for the video but sometimes we may just not want to see - I still remember Carly Brucias' kidnapping on video - and it was 16 years ago.

JMO
She mentioned starting a job on one of her sales posts. But no one has vetted that out.

JMO
I agree! I think she headed down there to meet someone, either romantically or for a dodgy business/drug deal and that person turned out to be shady. I’ve never bought drugs but IMO, 10 hours is a long way to travel buy them. This leads me back to a romantic connection or a “business deal“ financially worthy of a 20 hr round trip. Or maybe, she was forced to go?

Something keeps crossing my mind and I don’t know why. Was she sent to FL by an “acquaintance” in GA? Maybe she owed someone a favour and travelled to FL on an errand of sorts? But those on the receiving end of the errand were unsavoury types. This person or people aren’t in the business of harming children, so they saw that Kamdyn was out of the way before they acted.

JMO.

IF Leila was seen at the Walmart in the company of a man, (and little Kam), I wonder if anything was purchased, by the man specifically ...cc or cash, hopefully the first, and IF the video is clear enough....they may have determined his identity, hopefully?

Also, IF the truck was located....any forensic evidence? fingerprints, DNA? if so hopefully traceable?

She was from Walton County, AL. Jasper, Walton County AL. She was currently staying in and around the North GA area. Which means she got to FL from GA, not AL. She probably listed her current location as Atlanta because people are more familiar with Atlanta than Dawsonville or Cartersville, etc. Most people who live in the Metropolitan area of Atlanta just tell people they are from Atlanta, even if their town is actually called something else. Not uncommon at all.

IF Leila was seen at the Walmart in the company of a man, (and little Kam), I wonder if anything was purchased, by the man specifically ...cc or cash, hopefully the first, and IF the video is clear enough....they may have determined his identity, hopefully?

Also, IF the truck was located....any forensic evidence? fingerprints, DNA? if so hopefully traceable?

To add...

IF there is video surveillance of Kamdyn where he ended up, in which direction did he come from? Was he dropped off and if so, by what vehicle? Or did he leave a building? If so, who occupied that building?

IF they have her on surveillance in Hollywood, was she alone and if not, who was she with? Was he/she known to local LE? In which direction was she headed?

What’s on her SM accounts and in her phone records suggesting that she would be making a trip to FL? And who was she in contact with to arrange that?

I think LE have a lot of info now based on today’s updates, and we’ll have answers this time tomorrow if not sooner. JMO.

Just for double clarification, where was she currently living? The article said “is from Dawsonville #Georgia”, but is that for certain where she was last known to currently reside, or was that info pulled from, say a DL, for example? (Going back to check FB)

Source:

—-

Eta: Her Facebook says “Current City: Atlanta, Ga.”

Going back to catch up, but wanted to make a quick note so as not to forget to clarify if she was currently living in Dawsonville or Atlanta, if we know where and when she was last seen, last known address, because the earlier mapping directions I posted were specifically from Dawsonville, and I wanted to make sure that was correct, and if not correct it.

—-

Okay, so Walker County has jurisdiction. So, this where she lives then and went missing from? Dawsonville is Dawson County, and is 59 miles from Atlanta. I’m not seeing Atlanta as part of Walker County.

eta:
Ok, so it’s Walker County, Alabama, not Georgia, the above article is wrong, which is what the poster was trying to explain earlier.

—-
So, this means then that I need to add alternate directions from Walker County, Alabama to Miramar, Florida.

This is all confusing.

—-

Per google, distance from Walker County, Alabama to Miramar, Fl:

12 h 7 min(840.5 mi)
via I-75 S and Florida's Turnpike

—-

Where exactly in Walker County, Alabama? Jasper? Is n’t this where her sister is coming in from?
Insert source

Where in/around Atlanta Ga did Leila and her son live? Is the Corolla still listed for sale or is it parked at her residence?
Did Leila have a permanent residence?
Was she living with someone?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot on SM being posted by relatives that we cannot link here with reference to the truck. HOWEVER, I’m SO grateful that WS operates this way. Social media is a breeding ground of far too many rumours which turn out to be false. I made the mistake of believing what appeared to be concrete info from “reputable” sources via social media in the Suzanne Morphew case and I won’t be making the same mistake again. Thank you WS for keeping us in check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member