GUILTY FL - Lisa Story, 32, & Robin Cornell, 11, slain, Cape Coral, 10 May 1990 *Arrest in 2016*

Many, Many thanks to WS Admin for featuring this case-it is solvable. Very solvable and FDLE is pulling out all of the stops for the last few months.

I think one interpretation might be that the killer is still involved in this case somehow. Inquires about it, stirs people up about it, sees the principals regularly.

If that's true, it is really scary. Maybe that explains why Jan doesn't give out her married name.

Or could it be someone who knows Jan and is involved through her?

The sexaul assault is disturbing, to say the least. In my 47 yrs, I've come across 2 people that I know of, who have done this. Years ago, I worked with a lady who told me that her son had been fired from a funeral home because he got caught molesting a deceased lady. The other time, a friend told me that an acquaintance had been fired from a different funeral home for the same reason. So, it seems that people who do this, often get jobs working around dead bodies. It's hard to imagine that this was an isolated sexual experience, and IMO, he's probably still doing it...just maybe not the killing. It's not just that he DID do it, but also that he COULD do it. This is a very sick individual. Also, I wonder about the military. Some real dangerous people manage to slip through the military cracks. I think the idea of moving from place to place appeals to them? But with all this said, it sounds like it could be a very angry bf or ex bf. The engraved watch being stolen is interesting. maybe someone who was mad that there was a Randy? But would a person in that frame of mind assault a little girl? Was she the intended target? was someone stalking her? so many questions.

Another possibility is the killer was actually targeting the older sister Jeni. With Lisa Story being new to the house, he may have thought Lisa was Jeni. I wonder if Lisa's room had at one time been the older sister's room?

Pictures of both Robin and Jeni were left arranged on the ironing board, and Robin was posed. She could have been a closer substitute for Jeni, and hence the higher level of violence and posing. The article doesn't mention if Lisa's body was also posed. He may have taken Lisa's things because it might be hard for him to remember someone that he didn't know, while Robin was familiar enough to him that he already had something to remember her by.

It's interesting that he took the time to get out the photos and lay them out on the ironing board. Anyhow, the older sister is just another angle to consider.

The sexaul assault is disturbing, to say the least. In my 47 yrs, I've come across 2 people that I know of, who have done this. Years ago, I worked with a lady who told me that her son had been fired from a funeral home because he got caught molesting a deceased lady. The other time, a friend told me that an acquaintance had been fired from a different funeral home for the same reason. So, it seems that people who do this, often get jobs working around dead bodies. It's hard to imagine that this was an isolated sexual experience, and IMO, he's probably still doing it...just maybe not the killing. It's not just that he DID do it, but also that he COULD do it. This is a very sick individual. Also, I wonder about the military. Some real dangerous people manage to slip through the military cracks. I think the idea of moving from place to place appeals to them? But with all this said, it sounds like it could be a very angry bf or ex bf. The engraved watch being stolen is interesting. maybe someone who was mad that there was a Randy? But would a person in that frame of mind assault a little girl? Was she the intended target? was someone stalking her? so many questions.

It is a real disturbed person that can do a thing like that. That's why I want to be cremated.

It is hard to imagine someone doing a thing like this. I wonder the same thing....who was the intended victim and why?

Another possibility is the killer was actually targeting the older sister Jeni. With Lisa Story being new to the house, he may have thought Lisa was Jeni. I wonder if Lisa's room had at one time been the older sister's room?

Pictures of both Robin and Jeni were left arranged on the ironing board, and Robin was posed. She could have been a closer substitute for Jeni, and hence the higher level of violence and posing. The article doesn't mention if Lisa's body was also posed. He may have taken Lisa's things because it might be hard for him to remember someone that he didn't know, while Robin was familiar enough to him that he already had something to remember her by.

It's interesting that he took the time to get out the photos and lay them out on the ironing board. Anyhow, the older sister is just another angle to consider.

Good catch. You might be right! I believe Robyn was the only one posed.

I might be totally off base but I believe it was two people not one. I believe the pictures of Robyn and Jeni were arranged as a reminder to Jan that she had two daughters. Robyn was posed as a way of demeaning her. Showing Jan that Robyn wasn't perfect either (in the mind of the killer). imo

I think Robyn was the intended target and Lisa was just a victim. She got in the way. The items were taken to make it look like a robbery. JMO

I believe it was a man and woman who did this. JMO

I might be totally off base but I believe it was two people not one. I believe the pictures of Robyn and Jeni were arranged as a reminder to Jan that she had two daughters. Robyn was posed as a way of demeaning her. Showing Jan that Robyn wasn't perfect either (in the mind of the killer). imo

I think Robyn was the intended target and Lisa was just a victim. She got in the way. The items were taken to make it look like a robbery. JMO

I believe it was a man and woman who did this. JMO
I thought of something like this. It would help if we knew more about the sister...like her age at the time, why she wasn't living there, who her friends were. But the mother may be keeping a lot of these details from the public for safety reasons... because the picture arrangement might have been a warning that the sister 'was next'. This sounds like it could have been a mistaken identity. Lisa had just moved in. Who knew this? Was she mistaken for the mother? I guess the mother's bf was completely ruled out with the DNA testing. The mother not using her married name is interesting. It makes me think she has the idea that the killer might come for her too. So does she have an idea who it might be? IDK why, but this sounds like a stalker situation, who knew this family, and was very, very angry.

It's almost freaky that this was the featured case today. I am currently reading a book called 'Ghost' by Glen Puit, which is about John Addis who is a former Alaska Trooper and Crime Scene Investigator who basically went nuts and wound up kidnapping his four kids and then later murdered a couple of his girlfriends. He also basically survived by working as a Fitness Instructor and hitting on the women at the health clubs where he worked. He would then move in with them and live off them before finally taking off and stealing all their money. This case was mentioned in the book and I just read that part last night. I guess John Addis had a connection to one of the women (I can't recall at the moment if it was Jan Cornell or Lisa Story) but he was working at the Gym where one of them worked out. Addis was proposed as a suspect in this case and some cops strongly believe he did it. Just thought I would throw that out since I just read it last night (the book is very recent and came out in 2011).

Wow! What a story and I wonder if he is involved in these murders. What timing for you!

I'll have to get the book. Sounds interesting. In the meantime, can you read that part again and give us some more details?

Thanks so much!

I thought of something like this. It would help if we knew more about the sister...like her age at the time, why she wasn't living there, who her friends were. But the mother may be keeping a lot of these details from the public for safety reasons... because the picture arrangement might have been a warning that the sister 'was next'. This sounds like it could have been a mistaken identity. Lisa had just moved in. Who knew this? Was she mistaken for the mother? I guess the mother's bf was completely ruled out with the DNA testing. The mother not using her married name is interesting. It makes me think she has the idea that the killer might come for her too. So does she have an idea who it might be? IDK why, but this sounds like a stalker situation, who knew this family, and was very, very angry.

Jan married her boyfriend so I'm sure he was ruled out and she was with him the night Robyn and Lisa were murdered. I believe the person or person(s) knew them too. This seems personal to me. jmo

Wow! What a story and I wonder if he is involved in these murders. What timing for you!

I'll have to get the book. Sounds interesting. In the meantime, can you read that part again and give us some more details?

Thanks so much!
I will try to remember to look tonight and post a summary of what the book says about Addis's possible involvement in this crime.

I agree, very sick individual. I have heard of others who do this, Bundy and Green River Gary Ridgeway are the first that come to mind. Just too disgusting to think about

I remember Addis, and I didnt realize the connection here. I think then I would believe that Lisa Story was what brought him into the house, and Robyn was collateral. OMG, it makes so much sense now-what if Lisa rejected him? The suffocation, the beating, the *advertiser censored*, the sex toy, stealing her boyfriend's gift?

Okay, I looked back at my book and it said that Jan Cornell and possibly Lisa Story also worked out at the Gym where Addis worked as a Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer at that time. The detective in charge of the case, Charlie Garrett, had called the Alaska State Troopers (where Addis used to work) and informed them that Addis was a suspect in the Story/Cornell double murder. And yes, Addis did not handle rejection well and was later linked to four other murders (at least two I know are former girlfriends of his). It's also possible that he went there for Jan Cornell, not realizing that she wasn't home that night.

OK, here is a link to an excerpt I found on Google:

http://books.google.com/books?id=7K...m=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

1.) A full DNA profile was found from the killer's bodily fluids.
2.) Both females were assaulted after death.
3.) The Toyota Keys fit the following:
78-88 Toyota Corolla
70-89 Celica
81-90 Landcruiser
85-90 MR2
84-89 Supra
80-90 Tercel
71-88 Pickup Truck.

4.) Police are definitely looking at John Addis, AKA John L. Edwards for the crimes.

The AMW profile indicated that the killer was unknown, physically strong, sexually inadequate. (Hmmmm...I dont know about the unknown part.) There is clearly a reason LE believes, per the book, that he was planning on spending more time in the home, but Jan surprised him.

Jan is the connection to Addis-they both went to the same gym....the gym where "John Edwards" was employed. (Really it was John Addis.)

Jan married her boyfriend so I'm sure he was ruled out and she was with him the night Robyn and Lisa were murdered. I believe the person or person(s) knew them too. This seems personal to me. jmo
The only reasons I mentioned the bf was because Jan seemed surprised that she overslept, and sometimes kids don't live with a parent because of a bf/gf, & when he went to bed, he didn't wake Jan or set an alarm. But I'm sure LE checked all of these things, since he was obviously cleared. If this ex cop was involved, wouldn't his DNA be on file? But it does seem too coincidental that their paths just happened to cross. I looked up some information, and he seems to fit the profile. Also and IMO, Lisa just moving in is also too coincidental. I was wondering if her moving into this house infuriated someone...maybe an ex bf? Afterall, the things stolen belonged to her. Also, this could be the act of a depraved serial killer who kept those things for trophys.

OK, here is a link to an excerpt I found on Google:

http://books.google.com/books?id=7K...m=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

1.) A full DNA profile was found from the killer's bodily fluids.
2.) Both females were assaulted after death.
3.) The Toyota Keys fit the following:
78-88 Toyota Corolla
70-89 Celica
81-90 Landcruiser
85-90 MR2
84-89 Supra
80-90 Tercel
71-88 Pickup Truck.

4.) Police are definitely looking at John Addis, AKA John L. Edwards for the crimes.

The AMW profile indicated that the killer was unknown, physically strong, sexually inadequate. (Hmmmm...I dont know about the unknown part.) There is clearly a reason LE believes, per the book, that he was planning on spending more time in the home, but Jan surprised him.

Jan is the connection to Addis-they both went to the same gym....the gym where "John Edwards" was employed. (Really it was John Addis.)
Thanks. Do you think, with John Addis being a former crime scene expert, he would have accidentally left his keys? maybe planted a random set? was surprised while he was still there and had no choice but to leave them? IDK, but this guy seemed too smart to have even laid his set down. Whoever it was, didn't seem too worried about someone barging in on him. That kind of makes me think, he thought Lisa was the mother? but IDK. Or maybe Lisa knew him, he was welcomed, he laid his keys down while they visited, but then things turned bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back