GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: I think you hit upon the very reason the parents did not want to show their faces. IMO they knew that people would be examining their expressions, their eyes and all body language for signs of lying. JMO.

I can't remember ever seeing an interview with the bereaved parent(s) backs to the camera?

I don't think there is much true mystery in Lonna's ride home. It seems likely that Lonna was expecting WRE to pick her up, but perhaps he is unreliable and when he didn't show and the bar closed, she caught a ride home. It isn't far. He may not have called her at work because she may not even have a cell phone.

I can tell you that once the police arrived at the scene first priority would be to locate the parents. Deputies were sent to Chris Barton's house in Baker immediately. Deputies were probably sent to Wackos also, but she had already left. The timeline was close. LE would NOT ask someone to drive her home, they would send an officer to pick her up.
yes, yes, yes!

This is a Thursday night and she left Wacko's so quickly after closing?
Wacko's hours of operation to the public are: Monday – Sunday 11:00am to 2:00am
http://wackosjacksonville.com/club-info/

Coincidentally, 23-JULY is Chris' birthday.

add:
A manager at Wacko's confirmed Lauramore was working Thursday night and her shift ended at 2:30 a.m. The manager said Lauramore is from Macclenny and has been a dancer at the club for about three months.

The manager said the club has not been contacted by police yet.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/police-child-taken-during-car-theft/34330746

I would think the no contact order would be on the docket and there isn't one listed on it. The arrest report of course wouldn't list it.
I'm not sure which document you are referring to, but the "Arrest and Booking Report" is commonly referred to as the "arrest docket" (I think that is the old name for the form before computer days). That report is provided to the judge who sets the bond. "docket" is also a term used to describe a document prepared by the clerk which is a list of all cases before the judge in a given day. The no-contact order would not be part of either of these "dockets". The no-contact order would be part of a judge's order filed by the judge AFTER the bond hearing, it may be called "Conditions of Bond" or "Conditions of Release" or something similar (not sure what it is called these days). It would probably not be a separate document, more likely just a checkbox or statement that is one of many conditions.

I think we'll know soon just how the ride home was arranged. The longer this rocks on the more likely that people are going to start talking openly. It's just human nature. I know JSO has told some to not talk to media or to not reveal certain things but people who know anything about what has occurred (not saying that anyone knows exactly what happened to Lonzie, other than Ebron) as far as who was where when, the ride home, who saw Lonzie last, etc. are going to start talking. Emotions will continue to rise. Maybe not be the general public, but anyone who thinks they know something. Emotions will continue to rise and people are going to start thinking with their emotions instead of their heads. I think we will at least eventually hear from the person who drove Lonna home that night

Since it's standard practice, would it be accurate to say that in this case the no contact order wasn't enforced by LE as long as the codefendants weren't caught up in another arrest afterward? Which WRE was, and now can be used to keep him in jail?
Yes, nobody would be routinely following up on a no-contact order.

yes, yes, yes!

This is a Thursday night and she left Wacko's so quickly after closing?
Wacko's hours of operation to the public are: Monday – Sunday 11:00am to 2:00am
http://wackosjacksonville.com/club-info/

[/url]
After a long night at work, bar employees usually get out the door as fast as they can. No point hanging around after the customers are gone and there is no more money to be made. By 2:30 the managers were probably locking up the place.

Yes, nobody would be routinely following up on a no-contact order.

That's what I thought. Thank you for explaining how the no contact order works and I really appreciate you answering my question.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/police-child-taken-during-car-theft/34330746

"According to a new police report, Ebron's ex-girlfriend says she'd gone over to Ebron's home after work and that he raped her. She said she yelled and cried, but he told her to stop. She also said Lonzie, his sister and her three children were home at the time of the alleged rape.

The ex-girlfriend said in the police report that Ebron had also sexually battered her last November."

Nice!

Docket as a noun

(law) a. an official summary of the proceedings in a court of justice
b. a register containing such a summary

On LB's court case under "docket info", (their term) from Baker Co., it does not list any order from the judge for no contact as of yet. fyi

the end oy vey

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/docket

https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/cc...xOL7vzX4g&q2=dd7cfb4b765e9d72028cfff7f4bfd707

Ahh, you are right on...that is still ANOTHER kind of docket. As you said, a docket is a summary of court proceedings. A docket can be assembled based on many parameters. It can be a summary of all cases in a certain courtroom on a certain day, over a month heard by a certain judge, or any other chosen parameters. In the example you refer to, it is a list of all the proceedings related to a certain CASE. The "docket" summarizing Lonna Barton's case does not include a non-contact order....this is for two reasons, 1st of all, a non-contact order isn't usually a separate document or order. It is generally just PART of conditions of release on bond. Secondly, since Lonna was not arrested, she was not released, and therefore there are no conditions of release and therefore no non-contact order *should* apply to her. She has not been to court or in front of a judge at all as far as I can tell, therefore no orders, no conditions could have been placed upon her.

As for WRE, I couldn't find his case at all in a search of Baker County Court records, can you point me to that?

I think regardless of all that, she knew she was not supposed to be with him, and must of known he was not a good guy from previous problems with his ex., drugs & violence.
LL is not some naive child, she is an adult and i believe she knows the score.

Oh, I know she's far from naive.

I asked Kiera that question for a very specific reasons. To confirm that:
A) It's a routine requirement, not a specific requirement unique to his arrest and bonding out.
B) His agreement to this particular bond requirement on paper meant he agreed that he wouldn't associate with LB until the case was closed, but he probably knew it would not be something the court would follow up on.
C) It wouldn't be something LE would investigate or actively look to catch him doing, but if he were say, pulled over for speeding and LB was in the car with him, he could be arrested for it.
D) It's an offense that would help keep him behind bars while LE continues to investigate.

Criminals don't drop their associates just because the court tells them to have no contact, and they aren't particularly concerned about getting caught breaking their conditions of bond. As I believe is the case with WRE and LB.

Ahh, you are right on...that is still ANOTHER kind of docket. As you said, a docket is a summary of court proceedings. A docket can be assembled based on many parameters. It can be a summary of all cases in a certain courtroom on a certain day, over a month heard by a certain judge, or any other chosen parameters. In the example you refer to, it is a list of all the proceedings related to a certain CASE. The "docket" summarizing Lonna Barton's case does not include a non-contact order....this is for two reasons, 1st of all, a non-contact order isn't usually a separate document or order. It is generally just PART of conditions of release on bond. Secondly, since Lonna was not arrested, she was not released, and therefore there are no conditions of release and therefore no non-contact order *should* apply to her. She has not been to court or in front of a judge at all as far as I can tell, therefore no orders, no conditions could have been placed upon her.

As for WRE, I couldn't find his case at all in a search of Baker County Court records, can you point me to that?

Okay...

There doesn't seem to be a case for Ebron in Baker Co. It's probably been pulled. The case isn't listed anywhere else that I can find.

Okay...

There doesn't seem to be a case for Ebron in Baker Co. It's probably been pulled. The case isn't listed anywhere else that I can find.

The arresting officer's report had been posted online but it isn't any longer. It was linked here, too. I don't know about court records though.

Oh, I know she's far from naive.

I asked Kiera that question for a very specific reasons. To confirm that:
A) It's a routine requirement, not a specific requirement unique to his arrest and bonding out.
B) His agreement to this particular bond requirement on paper meant he agreed that he wouldn't associate with LB until the case was closed, but he probably knew it would not be something the court would follow up on.
C) It wouldn't be something LE would investigate or actively look to catch him doing, but if he were say, pulled over for speeding and LB was in the car with him, he could be arrested for it.
D) It's an offense that would help keep him behind bars while LE continues to investigate.

Criminals don't drop their associates just because the court tells them to have no contact, and they aren't particularly concerned about getting caught breaking their conditions of bond. As I believe is the case with WRE and LB.

You are spot on except C) if he were pulled over it is unlikely that the officer would know about the non-contact order, it wouldn't pop up in the computer like a warrant would for example.

Admin Note

No more warnings on Facebook rumors. Do Not bring it here.

Continuing to do so will result in the loss of posting privileges.

Wow! This is a very busy case here on WS. I haven't been able to follow along too closely over the last while, but so glad to read everyone is working hard trying to sort this case out and bring justice for little Lonzie. What's this, day 25 of this precious child missing now? :(

I just watched the video interview of Lonna and found it very odd that she would not want her face shown. I have never seen a parent make such a strange request. Nor do I recall a mother not wanting to do an interview very soon after her child goes missing. Most parents of missing children want their faces to be seen in order to show the public how much the are grieving over the loss of their child and to keep their case in the forefront. And the fact that she has a FB page (anyone could look her up to ID her) and just updated her profile photo of herself, six hours ago is also odd. Where's a photo of Lonzie? That would be the photo I would be posting as my profile photo if I had a missing child. IMO she hasn't done an interview up until recently because she if afraid of saying something for which she might implicate herself. Listen closely to the interview she did do and there is absolutely nothing revealed or helpful other then when she claims to have last seen Lonzie and her belief Ebron is being honest with her and she doesn't know what to think at this time.

Sadly I think there is a lot more bizarre circumstances to this story which will eventually come to light, and my gut tells this precious little boy has met his final fate and will likely never be found. I hate to be so pessimistic but given what we know about Ebron, it's not looking positive for Lonzie.
All MOO.

Case 16-2015-CF-006602-AXXX-MA
WILLIAM RUBEN EBRON
Count 1 CHILD NEGLECT
Count 2 CHILD NEGLECT
Count 3
GIVING FALSE INFORMATION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT DURING INVESTIGATION
8/17/2015 - 9:00 AM - 4th Floor - 408
https://core.duvalclerk.com/CoreCms.aspx

These three counts are problematic together. The child neglect charges were based on WRE's statements, that he left the children alone in the car while he went inside his apartment to do cocaine, resulting in the "abduction". Since LE has concluded that this story is a lie, they cannot in good faith use it to support neglect charges. They will have to drop those charges, OR come forth with a new evidence supporting a vey different narrative of neglect.

I haven't found the arrest report for the false information charges, but that is generally a misdemeanor and would not result in a high bond. They can't charge it as a felony without presenting evidence that the false information relates to a capital offense (I.e. Murder)

So I would anticipate big news coming out this week as LE starts to roll out their case against him, at least enough to keep his bond high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa