FL FL - Lynn, Wht Fem 30-50 UP6066 murdered and buried, killer commited suicide Jun 90

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberMA-291-90/ME-703-90
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years)30-50
Estimated Year of Death1990
Estimated PMIWeeks
Height5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight84 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundJune 9, 1990
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 19, 2009
ME/C QA ReviewedDecember 28, 2011
Location Found Map
Street AddressSouth of FR 579D & west of FR 579Lynn, Florida 34488
CountyMarion County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryOn June 09, 1990 at 0808 a 911 call was received by an individual who reported that he had killed his paramour a few weeks earlier and buried her at the Half Moon Lake Campground. The individual gave his location but prior to the arrival of law enforcement he committed suicide. The individual was identified as Patrick Allen Hoppe. An officer with the Division of Forestry was provided with the above information and located the victim's grave.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair ColorUnknown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown
Right Eye ColorUnknown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Deformity
Scoliosis. 9th thoracic vertebra was a left unilateral hemivertebra. Lateral wedging on the left side of T-6 & T-7 and on the right side of T-10 &T-11. The inferior surface of the body of T-8 was somewhat wedged on both sides.

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
long sleeved sweater, gray slacks and underwear that fit hips up to size 40.
On the Body

Footwear
one leather shoe
On the Body

Jewelry
Stretchy, dark, cloth bracelet on the right wrist.
On the Body

and that detailed medical information turned up no one?

Or was that information not released?

And, no one knows who Patrick Allen Hoppe was dating?

Clothing description: if the decedent truly weighed 85 pounds, and the underwear as described would fit 40" hips, something doesn't make sense. Possibly a weight of 185 pounds?

Per Find-AGrave, Patrick A. Hoppe was born 4 January 1955, has no marker, is interred in Ocala, Marion County, Florida.

Per FamilySearch, Patrick was married in Florida in 1984, divorced in Florida in 1986. Not sleuthing victims, just searching for information. Hope LE spoke with the former spouse!

Hhhmmmm....

If this is the same man, he was arrested in 1986 for shooting a motorcyclist in the chest in a road-rage incident. If it is him, there should be additional legal records links (including the court case) which might help provide info on the victim. He was arrested in 1986 out of Pasco County, her body was recovered in Marion County, approx 100 miles away.

Attachments

• FL  - Patrick Allen Hoppe, 1986 Arrest.PNG
    FL - Patrick Allen Hoppe, 1986 Arrest.PNG
    195.9 KB · Views: 19
If this is the same man, he was arrested in 1986 for shooting a motorcyclist in the chest in a road-rage incident. If it is him, there should be additional legal records links (including the court case) which might help provide info on the victim. He was arrested in 1986 out of Pasco County, her body was recovered in Marion County, approx 100 miles away.
I wonder why he was not incarcerated in 1990. It sure sounds like him.

He apparently skipped bond in the 1986 case https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/PublicAccess/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=8321817

I KNEW someone would find something - great job Sleuthster! I wonder if there is anything, anywhere that would identify who posted bond $ that might lead back to some paper trail on him and possible link to her? I don't know how to find that kind of info. Someone had to come up with some cash, 5K or so I think.

Actually now that I look at that link, I can't find where he skipped bond. It looks to me like he appeared and after multiple changes of attorneys, a competency hearing, etc he was sentenced to 3 years with some kind of credit for time served. He has a few entries in that db for traffic violations and recorded as a no-show. I don't know how to read all of this, but that's what it appears to me.

Last edited:
I KNEW someone would find something - great job Sleuthster! I wonder if there is anything, anywhere that would identify who posted bond $ that might lead back to some paper trail on him and possible link to her? I don't know how to find that kind of info. Someone had to come up with some cash, 5K or so I think.

Actually now that I look at that link, I can't find where he skipped bond. It looks to me like he appeared and after multiple changes of attorneys, a competency hearing, etc he was sentenced to 3 years with some kind of credit for time served. He has a few entries in that db for traffic violations and recorded as a no-show. I don't know how to read all of this, but that's what it appears to me.
I saw this and assumed it was because he failed to appear but apparently it was original pick up order
PUBLIC DEFENDER APPOINTED (INSOLVENCY); DEFT: A; VER: F
04/21/1986 BENCH WARRANT COMPLAINT & AFFIDAVIT
BENCH WARRANT: COMPLAINT & WARRANT SIGNED BY JUDGE C HARLAN; DEFT: A; VER: F
04/21/1986 CAPIAS ISSUED
WARRANT ISSUED FOR:HOPPE,PATRICK ALLEN; DEFT: A; VER: F

Tampa Tribune, June 11, 1990; page 13 + not so good photo in 1986 paper (as he's been arrested, and provided the location of this lady's body, I really hope agencies will consider using a mugshot or something in Her public case file info)
upload_2022-1-24_7-57-38.png

Attachments

• FL - Patrick Allen Hoppe, 1986 article photo.PNG
    FL - Patrick Allen Hoppe, 1986 article photo.PNG
    57.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Another thing I want to point out is the use of the word paramour

BBM
On June 09, 1990 at 0808 a 911 call was received by an individual who reported that he had killed his paramour a few weeks earlier and buried her at the Half Moon Lake Campground
The definition of paramour is: a lover, especially the illicit partner of a married person.

This relationship may have been going on in secret, which may have meant that very few people knew about it, which may explain why she's still unidentified

Another thing I want to point out is the use of the word paramour

BBM

The definition of paramour is: a lover, especially the illicit partner of a married person.

This relationship may have been going on in secret, which may have meant that very few people knew about it, which may explain why she's still unidentified

except we don't know if that was Namus' wording or his
I doubt it's a quote from the suspect on the Namus page

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993