Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing it was turned over after he tried to wipe it with a factory reset and law enforcement STILL gained all the evidence of CSA done by him, I'd gander to say there is a lot more that will come to light by way of his electronics. JMO
I had thought a factory reset deletes all files from phones and wipes them clean. SS must have thought this also, even though his friend said he knew a lot about technology. Can anyone explain how a factory reset actually works?

Last edited:
Case: 2024 CF 000643
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

SEXUAL BATTERY VICTIM UNDER 12 YEAR (FAMILIAL)

This is the warrant that sets the time frame of under age 12 and falls under the new law for the death penalty. I suspect this case is where the forthcoming murder charge will land. JMO

A snip from "CRIMINAL CASE OPENED - ARREST WARRANT FILEDMEMORANDUM FILEDAFFIDAVIT OF ARREST WARRANT"
1709655198813.png

1709654940294.png

1709654966695.png

He applied for indigent status and was appointed a public defender, but these are capital charges. Not sure if the public defender is a placeholder until he can shop for the best attorney (is that even permissible?) or if he has just given up and knows the best lawyer in the universe can't get him out of any of those charges.

Case: 2024 CF 000632
SEXUAL BATTERY (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY)
POSSESSION OF MATERIALS SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY CHILD
POSSESSION OF MATERIALS SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY CHILD

Stephan Michael Sterns

View attachment 488119

View attachment 488118

They put his date of arrest at 3/4/2024 (yesterday)? How does that work, since to our knowledge he was arrested on Wednesday for those same charges?

If she slept at home that night, I don't know how or why he'd leave with her in the morning and return, to dump her items.

Is it possible he created a chain of deception?

For example, she does to talk to her mom, by phone/face on her way home from her party but never makes it inside. SS tells Mom she was so, so tired she went straight to bed, and Mom has no reason to question/test it. Believed MS was asleep in her room all night.

The next morning, he had to get her backpack -- was Mom home? at work? Asleep? Awake? Did he say he was grabbing her backpack and she was already in the car? Things that would seem believable -- so having her in the car was a necessary 'proof of life' prop in order to give himself the day for concealment, he just needed to manipulate Mom into thinking he'd brought MS home from the party, picked her up and there she is, already waiting in the car....

Accomplished gaslighter. Fool tried to gaslight the media too. Taking the blame for the lesser sin -- as if something bad happened to MS after he dropped her off, short of school (as if he had). Smokescreen for what he did before the imaginary drop off. Made a grotesque play for sympathy.

Breaks my heart to think of all the mind bending he's been doing.

Nothing short of evil.

Jmo
RBBMFF
This is along the lines of what I have been thinking. I think Mum spoke to Maddie before she went to bed and maybe saw her ready for bed in her bedroom, but Mum was still at work. Maybe SS was to stay at home until Mum got home.
So he could have killed MS after the video call, left her to look sleeping in bed, encouraged Mum to get rest and sleep, waited for her to fall asleep, then started his disposal; maybe he even told Mum he was going back to his home, to offer then the explanation of picking MS up from her home. This would make sense of Mum's version of events.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to not an approved source>
[…] it’s worth pointing out that Maddie was originally reported to have been “last seen wearing a green jacket, black shorts, and white Crocs” and LE also said that there was surveillance footage at the church where SS claimed to have dropped Maddie off that featured a person who could have been Maddie hanging around and then walking in the direction of the school. I took this to mean they saw someone matching her description, but they weren’t sure it was her. […]
I’ve just found it surprising that
  • The photo seems likely to be her and to roughly fit a description the public on what she had been wearing
  • From the very start, we were told she was last seen, presumably by SS, with that description
  • LE said they saw surveillance footage that they thought could have been her (alive) at the place SS said he dropped her off and at a time they say she was not alive
I’d really like to hear again about that supposed church footage. If it existed and LE really thought it could be her, it would make sense that it either matched her description or they update the description.
Though I imagine it won’t be discussed by LE again since if it exists it wasn’t Maddie. Maybe if SS puts up a defense at a trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
They put his date of arrest at 3/4/2024 (yesterday)? How does that work, since to our knowledge he was arrested on Wednesday for those same charges?
Case ending in 632 was the first case. Case ending in 643 was the second case. I suspect they're updating as they confirm information and get it officially added. It always takes a few days and the initial dates are not always 100% accurate. They can hold them without charges for a bit, but once it's official, that's probably the date they chose.

Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

Another snip from "CRIMINAL CASE OPENED - ARREST WARRANT FILEDMEMORANDUM FILEDAFFIDAVIT OF ARREST WARRANT"

This snip confirms they all lived together and provides the actual address.

1709656880141.png

Yup, many of us have the same questions. As for the church sighting, there was grainy surveillance footage that law enforcement thought could have potentially been her. Madeline’s mom said that she had heard about it from her sister, although her sister hadn’t even seen this video (it was apparently described to her).

In her interviews, mom treated this video as if it was definitely Madeline, which is a bit curious.
RBBM
It think that was a case of wishful thinking, she likely believed the situation happened like SS had told her and so in her mind at that time, Maddie was missing, not dead.
He says that MS mother had been stronger than him, that is probably because HE knew she was dead, where as Maddie's Mum was likely not even going to that kind of thinking yet, or not wanting to get to that thinking.

RBBM
It think that was a case of wishful thinking, she likely believed the situation happened like SS had told her and so in her mind at that time, Maddie was missing, not dead.
He says that MS mother had been stronger than him, that is probably because HE knew she was dead, where as Maddie's Mum was likely not even going to that kind of thinking yet, or not wanting to get to that thinking.
Her Mom claimed that her and boyfriend dropped off MS at school/near school!? Has this been discussed here yet?

Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

Another snip from "CRIMINAL CASE OPENED - ARREST WARRANT FILEDMEMORANDUM FILEDAFFIDAVIT OF ARREST WARRANT"

This snip confirms they all lived together and provides the actual address.

View attachment 488124
what confuses me is that in the affidavit it states that Jennifer told LE that Stephan (who she refers to as Madeline's step-father even tho technically he is not) picked up Madeline from home to drop her off at school. That implies Stephan wasn't in the home but came from elsewhere and may not have been residing there on the morning in question. Otherwise I would think she would have stated that Stephan got up to take Madeline to school so she could stay in bed?

Unless maybe Stephan's friend Frank is correct in that Stephan was residing between Jennifer's house AND his parents home. I am sure the living situation will be further clarified as we move toward prosecution and trial. I find these inconsistencies curious in the mean time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01