Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other victims? Most likely. If not in-person, almost certainly CSAM he downloaded or sites he visited that contain it.

I suspect the biggest reason men like this don't get the hard side-eye from their partners is because most women aren't into true crime the way we are here on this forum.

While we see red flags, others see cute, fun, kid-friendly, family-friendly, entertaining hobbies.

jmo
You could be right. I know a single woman my age (62) that told me she met the most wonderful man and she went on and on. I asked about marital status and she said "Oh, he's been widowed twice...both due to car accidents." Now, that is entirely possible, but red flags were going off like crazy for me.

MOD NOTE - Reminder that Madeline's mother is a victim. You may evaluate her statements insofar as they relate to the timeline, but coyly indicating you find her suspicious because she doesn't respond the way you THINK that you would is a TOS violation, and a pretty big one, at that.

I really want to say "Yeah, I'm talking to YOU!" and point my finger at the screen, but there are an awful lot of you that are doing just fine, so I'm not going to do that.
;)

You could be right. I know a single woman my age (62) that told me she met the most wonderful man and she went on and on. I asked about marital status and she said "Oh, he's been widowed twice...both due to car accidents." Now, that is entirely possible, but red flags were going off like crazy for me.
Better safe than sorry I always say. Do a little digging on your friends behalf :)

Madeline probably had PTSD from the YEARS of abuse at the hands of this monster. The secrets, the fear, the physical pain. Was this going on when Mom was at work? sleeping? Madeline's childhood was taken from her. Emotionally I would think she would have been withdrawn, school marks slipping etc. How was she doing in school? Did she play any sports or belong to any other groups like band or dance? What do her friends have to say? Why didn't she tell her mother or did she. What did SS to exert his control over Madeline? How much access to Maddie did SS have? Was he the 'helpful' 'life partner' <barf> that would look after her when Mom worked.
We'll never know the answers to all of our questions. The answers we'll get in the court documents will be heartbreaking.

Sheriff Mina stated in the first video presser, and IMO one of the more curious parts was the 'living in the woods' message he said Madeline posted either on text msgs OR social media messages. Im curious as to when the msg(s) were posted or if text, who was it sent to because:

SMina states in the followup presser (before she was found), SS was on video at 7:35am tossing her belongings in the trash bin in her apt complex...but then SMina states they have evidence SS returned to the complex at 8:19am and Madeline was visible in the vehicle and they believed she was already dead at that time.

a media person asked during that presser, did she leave the house on her own, asked in an effort to confirm when she last seen alive, but SMina repeated we believe he moved her body in the early morning hours and its all still under investigation.

so, as of that LE press reporting, there was a gap. it was only revealed he 'returned' and she was in the vehicle. if he left with her, why did he come back?

he has not been charged with her death...yet. Im thinking an autopsy will reveal more and hopefully more info as to Madeline's last hours alive.

I just c
Do you think we will eventually learn there are other victims? Hard to believe at 37 there won't be, but I guess that could be the case and this was his first real opportunity.

His obsession with all the weird toy stuff is so odd to me, very juvenile. I don't understand why he didn't get a hard side eye from his partner?
Coty Taylor was 30 when killed Faye Swetlik.

According to Sgt. Evan Antley with the CayceDepartment of Public Safety said “He has no criminal history and he was not known to law enforcement,”

I remember being shocked about this.

There is good story at this link under Top Stories. Maddie's body was found after LE received a tip.

Edited: also the video under "Latest Videos" titled "Memorial set up around area where Madeline Soto was found" has some good info.

Last edited:
There is good story at this link under Top Stories. Maddie's body was found after LE received a tip.

Edited: also the video under "Latest Videos" titled "Memorial set up around area where Madeline Soto was found" has some good info.
Yeah, the timing coincided with the press conference, so I imagine someone called in and said they saw his vehicle at that location, perhaps while he was changing the tire.

<modsnip - for copyright>

The Osceola County Sheriff's Office said a tip led law enforcement to her body near Hickory Tree Road in St. Cloud Friday afternoon. Jason Garcia used to ride past near where her body was found on the way to school.
<modsnip - for copyright>

"Nobody should be killed and thrown in the middle of nowhere," said Concepcio
Community rattled after body of Madeline Soto found :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics