Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interview with the female interviewer, she says “I went to pick her up, I drove around, I looked everywhere”. In the other interview, she says “we” in place of I

i agree, I don’t know if I could allow myself to believe that. I also noticed that in the interview with the woman, she said “I went to pick her up”, “I drove around”, “I looked everywhere”. The other interview she replaced all the “I”s with “we”..
I simply cannot process this.

If my child is missing, unless you have a frog in your pocket there is no “we” anymore, bucko. I ain’t making excuses for anyone and everyone is sus. Every single person - especially the last person who saw her - would need to speak up, stand on business, and account for every dang nanosecond of their time with her.

<modsnip - quoted post/response removed>

Also—Does anyone know if the vehicle Stephan was driving belonged to Jenn or his parents or something? His public defender application he states that he doesn’t have a vehicle..
The vehicle is said by a friend ,Frank, to belong to Stephen's father.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also...on a side note...i fully understand that dark circles can be hereditary BUT...did anyone else notice that on the bday photo, this poor child looks as if she had not slept in days!!! Maybe it's the camera angle, shadows or something. It just doesn't look right. I've never seen a 13 year old with horrible circles like that unless they are extremely ill...
I would not read too much into this.
Basically people either have them constantly since a young age (the degree varies, though), only rarely get them after an especially rough period (respiratory illness, lack of sleep, drugs), or some people pretty much just don't get them at all.

I have seen kids who had more pronounced dark circles than Madeline at an even younger age. Having breathing-related problems in the childhood (adenoids, asthma, allergies, sinus infections) and just having a pale and thin skin seem to have notably more to do with it than sleep length, actually. Also anemia and even dehydration. More details here.

I somehow do not believe crushes were a free discussion topic in this home.
Oh boy, I sure do hope that, if Maddy really did have a crush on a classmate or a "little sweetie" (as my grandma would say) that her mom knew about, that she wasn't trying to go deflect potential blame on some innocent 12 year old boy. MOO.
The video of JS comforting SS makes me feel physically sick. Your flesh and blood is missing, possibly "taken", and you are worrying about comforting a guy who you have only known a couple years. Who cares if he is upset, your child is out there somewhere, he isn't important in these moments. I say all this as an incredibly biased individual who had both parents put their new partners before me and my siblings.
In a normal, loving relationship between two *innocent* people, I would expect to see them comforting each other all the time in a situation like this. If they had other children I would expect to them both comforting the kids.

Morning to those on the other side of the pond. Any updates in the local news channels?
My theory now based on the known timeline

1. If police saw a video of Maddie deceased earlier than 8.19 I believe they would have mentioned it in that same presser. No reason not to , multiple sightings of MS n SS that morning are better than one.
2. 7.30 first sighting of SS throwing away Maddie's backpack. So Maddie likely deceased at that point or already about to be unalived right after .
3. Too risky to carry a body out in daylight , too risky to come back home with her after that again at 8.19 . So I believe she was alive when she left that morning dressed in jeans n shirt not night clothes.
4. I believe the mother would be arrested if cops had established that seeing her alive that morning was a lie. Albeit they might understand how she got the time wrong in confusion if she was just waking up and someone said to her it's 8 am I'm about to take Maddie to school a little early.

My theory only moo: SS had another special milestone prepared for this birthday just like he did on the 11th one. Initially got her to agree based on promising something she was really wanting to get for birthday and he had been anticipating for long. No clue what sick milestone that might be what did the narc
leave undone at that point. He gets her to leave at 7 instead of 8 so they have some time before school drop. Mom still asleep. They drive heading to woods. She tells him it's over she's not a child anymore to not know that this is SA , she was below the age of consent regardless of whether he got her to agree with presents and threats and she wanted to see him fry painfully. This took him completely by shock. Remember how shocked Jaycees kidnappers were initially that she wasnt supporting them anymore. She had his kids and stayed with him from age 11 to 29 ..then one day the police asked her her name and she gave the real one and that was it. It just needs that one moment for a child SA victim to realise this was all bs and you are a pig. To someone they may have said I love you too till then even ( not saying she did , just saying it would explain the criminal's shock ) . He strangles her it's over in a minute he has nothing to lose. I think based on his tears and high falutin talks on Reddit surmising on life and death ,that this was more about if I can't have u then no one else will ,you're mine etc than I think I'm going to get away with the SA by silencing you. It was jealously possessiveness etc moo and what he called obsessive love in his tunnel mind. He puts her in back seat as if asleep, goes back to get tools to bury her in woods, maybe GPS so he knows exactly where he's put her for later visits to see her. Thinks on his feet while he circles around , dumps her stuff there presuming the laptop would ping location, n dumpster would be emptied. Pokes his head in door tells mom they are just leaving now at 8 to school maybe. Leaves with her in car circles around realises there's less traffic after school rush. Goes home . Leaves again after mum has left to st cloud. Too lazy to bury her and leaves her at ground level
No still doesn't add up .....

I am kind of obsessing over watching the 2 interviews JS gave and comparing. The 1st she talks about the supposed surveillance video from the church as if it is definitely Maddie and says she “hangs out for a few minutes before getting up and walking towards the school at about 9:00”. The 2nd interview she says “she went missing between 8:45 and 9:00”.
Also, it makes me very uncomfortable that in both interviews she blames ADHD for Maddie “forgetting her phone” that day. It feels like she knows that it’s strange so she’s trying to give an excuse for why she didn’t have that phone.

Watch it here:
Murder of Madeline Soto: Three Big Things Happening In the Case

I was trying to connect any odd feeling that there might've been conflict, and what you just described, @MassGuy, was what came to my mind. It sounded so final. I don't know what to make of it though.
Similar words were uttered by convicted adopter Trezell West, at that outside interview, in that tragic Orson and Orrin West case in California City, CA when asked what time they noticed the two boys missing. …It was about 430-5ish… that’s about it…that’s when everything played out. Just sayin…Jmo

Oh boy, I sure do hope that, if Maddy really did have a crush on a classmate or a "little sweetie" (as my grandma would say) that her mom knew about, that she wasn't trying to go deflect potential blame on some innocent 12 year old boy. MOO.
To put it frankly, I don’t see this poor baby angel being eager to discuss her romantic interests with her monster rapist <modsnip - namecalling, and target was NOT a POI>

While she may have had a crush on a little guy or gal (and I honestly hope she did so that she was able to experience some pure affection and normalcy in her short little life), I don’t see her trusting two people - people she knew could not be trusted - with the deepest inner-workings of her heart.

Aside from trusting people who hurt her and let her get hurt, I know too well that when you are a child who is being abused, you lay low and “gray rock” to make sure nothing you say or do draws attention to yourself because you never really understand what triggers it. Self blame and doubt are constant, nasty side-effects of abuse and you learn early to make sure nothing that you are doing can be seen as being open to or inviting attention.

I think they absolutely were making it seem like she may have been fast and willing to wander off in the woods with a love interest to deflect from their own swiss cheese timeline and story.

Separately, I noticed that the arrest warrant contains a signed affidavit from Detective Brian Moore who would have had to carefully review the evidence to attest to it. Detective Moore, you probably will never see this random message board post, but I wanted to say that I am both so sorry you had to see those atrocities - and so grateful you did - so you can help make sure that this monster gets a lightning ride in ol’ sparky. I cannot imagine the pain seeing that causes but I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not read too much into this.
Basically people either have them constantly since a young age (the degree varies, though), only rarely get them after an especially rough period (respiratory illness, lack of sleep, drugs), or some people pretty much just don't get them at all.

I have seen kids who had more pronounced dark circles than Madeline at an even younger age. Having breathing-related problems in the childhood (adenoids, asthma, allergies, sinus infections) and just having a pale and thin skin seem to have notably more to do with it than sleep length, actually. Also anemia and even dehydration. More details here.

Morning to those on the other side of the pond. Any updates in the local news channels?
My theory now based on the known timeline

1. If police saw a video of Maddie deceased earlier than 8.19 I believe they would have mentioned it in that same presser. No reason not to , multiple sightings of MS n SS that morning are better than one.
2. 7.30 first sighting of SS throwing away Maddie's backpack. So Maddie likely deceased at that point or already about to be unalived right after .
3. Too risky to carry a body out in daylight , too risky to come back home with her after that again at 8.19 . So I believe she was alive when she left that morning dressed in jeans n shirt not night clothes.
4. I believe the mother would be arrested if cops had established that seeing her alive that morning was a lie. Albeit they might understand how she got the time wrong in confusion if she was just waking up and someone said to her it's 8 am I'm about to take Maddie to school a little early.

My theory only moo: SS had another special milestone prepared for this birthday just like he did on the 11th one. Initially got her to agree based on promising something she was really wanting to get for birthday and he had been anticipating for long. No clue what sick milestone that might be what did the narc
leave undone at that point. He gets her to leave at 7 instead of 8 so they have some time before school drop. Mom still asleep. They drive heading to woods. She tells him it's over she's not a child anymore to not know that this is SA , she was below the age of consent regardless of whether he got her to agree with presents and threats and she wanted to see him fry painfully. This took him completely by shock. Remember how shocked Jaycees kidnappers were initially that she wasnt supporting them anymore. She had his kids and stayed with him from age 11 to 29 ..then one day the police asked her her name and she gave the real one and that was it. It just needs that one moment for a child SA victim to realise this was all bs and you are a pig. To someone they may have said I love you too till then even ( not saying she did , just saying it would explain the criminal's shock ) . He strangles her it's over in a minute he has nothing to lose. I think based on his tears and high falutin talks on Reddit surmising on life and death ,that this was more about if I can't have u then no one else will ,you're mine etc than I think I'm going to get away with the SA by silencing you. It was jealously possessiveness etc moo and what he called obsessive love in his tunnel mind. He puts her in back seat as if asleep, goes back to get tools to bury her in woods, maybe GPS so he knows exactly where he's put her for later visits to see her. Thinks on his feet while he circles around , dumps her stuff there presuming the laptop would ping location, n dumpster would be emptied. Pokes his head in door tells mom they are just leaving now at 8 to school maybe. Leaves with her in car circles around realises there's less traffic after school rush. Goes home . Leaves again after mum has left to st cloud. Too lazy to bury her and leaves her at ground level
No still doesn't add up .....
I want to point out that this morning I realized that they NEVER mention him being in a car or exiting in a car or driving a car at 7:35am, they only stated he was viewed disposing of her items in a their very own close proximity dumpster in their apartment complex. My takeaway from the lack of mention of vehicle in that moment and the close proximity of the dumpster, is that he very well could’ve been seen doing that on foot. If they have his return on camera at 8:19, they definitely have an exit in the vehicle sometime before that on camera as well, they may be omitting that on purpose as it would be their biggest piece of evidence— if let’s say they have video of how the body got from home to vehicle, and him exiting the complex in the vehicle with the body. Omitting some facts (sometimes the most solid evidence) is very important as it deters the defendent/defense from getting a head start on building their story around what is missing. You want them to think a lot more is missing than what really is, in the early stages.

This was my mistake: actually he said that

But yes, this implies that he probably usually goes to sleep sometime between 4 AM and 12.00 at midday (5 to 12 hours of sleep, less or more seems relatively unlikely on a regular basis). So he is up long into the night and possibly into the morning.
Doing what. We have a good idea don't we.

Like many others have said it bugs the crap out of me that she stayed at home “in case she comes home” while others were out searching and even here saying her sister was at the location talking to LE. If I was a mom, and my daughter was missing, I would most definitely not be sitting at home waiting. I would be door to door, driving around, tearing apart the city, bugging the crap out of LE… etc. I know many other mothers would be the same way. I just don’t get it. But yeah I guess we really won’t get it ‘til more info is released.
She went even further, stating that she was staying home, close to the phone! I doubt she has a landline in her home.

I'm going to guess SS's work history is spotty and whatever he was doing last week he had a loosey goosey schedule.
Agreed, and it sounds from his friend that he had money for electronics but wasn't seen to be working very much ?

Latest police press release states they are working hard "to uncover the truth". Interesting choice of words. Ugh.
Evidently they're not satisfied with what evidence they have; as in -- there are still questions ?
Omo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members