Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what it sounded like to me. But it sounds to me like a parrot.

My own theory is that when the pet feeder drops the food, the parrot says "Koda, come get your food" imitating what it's heard the humans say.
I have one of those automatic pet feeders and the sound playback is not super high quality. I can definitely see how it would sound like a parrot, especially if the recording was made by a little girl with a high-pitched voice.
But who knows? They are animal lovers so perhaps they did have a bird.

Sort of. Perhaps when JS first called she was told no one was available at that time. Someone would call her as soon as they could. In the meantime, JS was told by LE what steps to take: figure out who saw her last and what she was wearing, check with all Maddy's friends and their parents; double check with all Maddy's teachers in case she had been in school for a subject or two; drive any routes she might have walked to a relative's house, friend's house, comic book store, where ever she might have walked to; look for cameras and see if video might be available. LE prob outlined different things JS was too upset to think of doing.
Well I certainly hope that's not the case. How small of a police force is in this town?

If she went into the school, that’s news to me. That was one of the aspects of her account that has always bothered me. She talked about driving around looking for Madeline, and when she returned to the school it was closed.

ETA: Transcript provided by @Allabouttrial

MUM - Yes. I went to pick her up after school and she wasn't there, so I started driving around, maybe thinking she took a walk; maybe she decided to walk to my mum's office which is pretty close to the school as well, drove around and I didn't see anything. I drove back to the school, the school was closed. I emailed one of her teachers, they confirmed that she was absent all day. At that point is when I called 911 because I realised something was truly wrong.
I've been going back, looking for what I think I heard somewhere. There are a few interviews. This one is closest to the one I was remembering. Unfortunately, my brain pulled together info from more than one interview. BTW, in one interview (sorta think it was the Fox 35 when JS was wearing a black blouse, but naturally now I'm afraid to rely on my memory) she said she went at 4 o'clock. To me, it appears fairly obvious that she's really saying normally I'm the one who drops her off in the morning and I normally pick her up at 4 o'clock.

Which leads me to wonder why Maddy was supposedly dropped off too early and picked up too late -- and if it had ever happened before.

If she went into the school, that’s news to me. That was one of the aspects of her account that has always bothered me. She talked about driving around looking for Madeline, and when she returned to the school it was closed.

ETA: Transcript provided by @Allabouttrial

MUM - Yes. I went to pick her up after school and she wasn't there, so I started driving around, maybe thinking she took a walk; maybe she decided to walk to my mum's office which is pretty close to the school as well, drove around and I didn't see anything. I drove back to the school, the school was closed. I emailed one of her teachers, they confirmed that she was absent all day. At that point is when I called 911 because I realised something was truly wrong.
This feels unusual to me, as a parent.

Your child is missing, you have looked for her in places which seem likely, such as the grandparents local office, and you send an e-mail?

I'm not victim blaming, rather trying to understand why at this point you have not already called 911 or similar. This is a barely 13 year-old we're talking about. It doesn't seem there were any previous discussions of "Hey mom, might walk home or might meet up with ___ for a bit after school."

It doesn't seem to fit in with what I have understood otherwise to be the norm from following this thread. So I naturally wonder what was happening that you would wait for an e-mail from the teacher?

I didn't see the slideshow from Maddie's funeral before it was taken down, but some of y'all did, and posted how much she seemed to be loved.

Did she tell any of those people who loved her what SS was doing to her? IF not, so why not?

If so, why didn't they do anything to protect her?

I just can't reconcile the apparent paradox of her being so loved by so many, yet insofar as we know, she didn't trust any of them enough to reveal to them what she was enduring at SS hands.
you don't tell because
A) frightened, both of what's happening and what could happen if you tell
B) don't want anyone to be disappointed/ashamed/disgusted with you
C) they love you, don't they? This must be normal, right? they tell you they love you even when their hands are snaking up you and their breath is in your face, but then they tell you no one will believe you. They treat you more favourably to keep you quiet. You know its not normal deep down because nothing normal makes you feel so dirty inside and out
D) When you shy away from them in a family room, you're the one being told that's not nice - all they want is a hug, be a good girl and hug them - so you do. But they don't want to hug you really - they want to control you, remind you that they are there, watching - always. So don't tell.
E) Mam knows, so it's OK, right?

It's a mixture of a lot of things.

ime and moo

A marriage License application filed by JS in 2015. Not SS. Then a Family Law record from 2017 involving her and the same person. Just enter her name in the link and scroll. I don’t want to post screenshots because the name of the other (uninvolved in MS case) party is obviously on them.

I wonder if she may have confided in a peer(s). If she did, I hope they have been able to share with someone they trust and have support. Kids going through stuff often have at least one friend they trust and will confide in, maybe even a peer online? And who knows if she ever had friends over, etc. SS is a total nightmare, IMO. It is clear to me other adults enabled his behavior by supporting him and providing him easy access to children knowing of his previous disgusting habits/desires, and just in general. I hope LE is looking into any young people who were in/around those households. :(

It was definitely stated that JS went into the school when she first arrived there. I can't recall where it was stated though. IMO.
Im only relying on what she actually said herself to the media. sometimes the media recaps with incorrect information, reporting with zero quotes which muddles what was actually said, or they misinterpret and report what they recall....its not always accurate. :) drives me crezzzy when I hear simple things reported that are an opinion or interpretation but if one is just tuning in or glossing over an article, its missed that its not factual. :)

Im only relying on what she actually said herself to the media. sometimes the media recaps with incorrect information, reporting with zero quotes which muddles what was actually said, or they misinterpret and report what they recall....its not always accurate. :) drives me crezzzy when I hear simple things reported that are an opinion or interpretation but if one is just tuning in or glossing over an article, its missed that its not factual. :)
Yes, she never said herself that she went into the school. Not in either interview, anyway.

Bolded for focus.

And yet. The only thing mom revealed about Maddie in her interviews was that she had ADHD, so she was very forgetful.
Regarding Maddie's talents, it doesn't sound like she was as forgetful as mom made her out to be. On the contrary, it's Mom who seems to have trouble remembering stuff, in particular getting her facts straight.
MOO

I too thought she went back to the school and it was closed so she emailed a teacher. I can see the school office being closed but would all teacher's have left . I would have thought there would be children doing after school activities and teachers working in their classrooms . I was a primary school teacher in the U.K and it would have been very rare for most staff not to still be in school half an hour after the children left.
My thoughts too. I used to work for a school corp and our teachers had it in their contracts they had to work x number of hrs which made room for kids coming in after class, parent meetings etc. not hours after school but they didn’t walk out with the kids!

My thoughts too. I used to work for a school corp and our teachers had it in their contracts they had to work x number of hrs which made room for kids coming in after class, parent meetings etc. not hours after school but they didn’t walk out with the kids!

I'm in the UK and my kids school finishes at 3.15, you can usually get hold of his teacher until at least 4.

Mom lies to law enforcement about when she last saw her daughter, which is of course a crime. With just that information, one could still make the argument that she was just trying to protect her boyfriend.

Her behavior during this school pickup scenario however, puts her criminal involvement on a whole other level. This is an obvious delay tactic employed by someone who already knew a crime had taken place. I get the feeling there will be more solid evidence of this however.

Last edited:
From what I have read, no she would not have access to anything like that, not in a medical field or pharmaceuticals etc. More like an admin type job.
Ah. Maybe a job with odd hours because it sounds like she wasn't a
This feels unusual to me, as a parent.

Your child is missing, you have looked for her in places which seem likely, such as the grandparents local office, and you send an e-mail?

I'm not victim blaming, rather trying to understand why at this point you have not already called 911 or similar. This is a barely 13 year-old we're talking about. It doesn't seem there were any previous discussions of "Hey mom, might walk home or might meet up with ___ for a bit after school."

It doesn't seem to fit in with what I have understood otherwise to be the norm from following this thread. So I naturally wonder what was happening that you would wait for an e-mail from the teacher?
Agree with this. Also, they live in a relatively busy metropolis of Florida. It would be more cause for alarm than if it were a small rural town with only a few places she could be and not full of busy roads. Don't elementary schools and middle schools usually have set drop-off protocols they follow to manage traffic? I know the ones in our area do - most have drive through situations manned by student patrols and pretty clear drop off time windows. It would be odd in our area to drop off a kid (especially one who looks young - it's not like Maddy was super mature looking for her age, being only 5 feet tall) blocks away.

Last edited:
Mom lies to law enforcement about when she last saw her daughter, which is of course a crime. With just that information, one could still make the argument that she was just trying to protect her boyfriend. Her behavior during this school pickup scenario however, puts her criminal involvement on a whole other level. This is an obvious delay tactic employed by someone who already knew a crime had taken place. I get the feeling there will be more solid evidence of this however.
True… every time I start to think maybe she wasn’t involved I remember she lied about seeing Maddie that morning and get worked up all over again.

Touching on a few things here-

Security at the complex:

It is a gated community, with a guard station and gate and apparently LOTS of cameras throughout the complex.
Mixed reviews about their "security" can be read on Google-

Venetian Bay VillagesCondominiums Association
(407) 343-4933

Venetian Bay VillagesCondominiums Association - Google Search

Was the guard station manned that morning as SS exited & reentered the premises? If so, I wonder what they may have seen, aside from what CCTV captured.

Secondly, someone upthread previously said they couldn't find either JS or SS on public data sources tied to this address.

Apparently unless you are an OWNER, you cannot receive mail from the USPS there.

One of the reviews stated:
No, renters are not entitled to receive USPS mail.

Just more food for thought.
Those condos don't look that big...does anyone know how many rooms Maddy's house would have had? Wondering if it would be difficult to hide whatever happened that night/morning from other parties in the house at the time.

The early video where the mother is being interviewed while SS stands, paces, then sits right behind her makes my skin crawl. You always see predators in cages, they are even spookier in their natural environment. You said it - total nightmare.

It may be her medications, or a nervous tick of some sort, but the mother's leg shaking made me feel uneasy as well. I know everyone handles stress and grief differently, so I am not attacking just making the observation. I noticed she only shook when interviewed alone. When she was with SS, she seemed very focused on physically comforting him. (Gag, right?)

Again an observation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member