Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't live there, but he maintained a bedroom there. Oooookay. Did grandma never visit them at their condo? MoO

Going by his reddit account (username "Sustinet"), the room where he photographed his new Tamagotchi purchases is quite spartan. It's decorated in gray and white and there are storage tubs and a giant pack of paper towels visible in some of the photos. There's nothing that would suggest to an outside observer that it's anything but a storage room and occasional guest room. Nothing that suggests a guy sleeps there, let alone someone into nerd culture.

In contrast, IIRC SS's friend Frank said in his interview that SS's bedroom at his folks' house was chock-full of nerd stuff. Most nerds I know, myself included, proudly display our memorabilia because it's part of who we are. I think to avoid conflict with JS's family, he kept any signs of his living at her house hidden away, maybe in the storage tubs. I'd bet there weren't any men's toiletries in open sight in the bathroom, either. That way, if family dropped by on short or no notice, they couldn't tell he was living there.

As for why they might try to hide the living situation from her family, it was previously mentioned the house is in JS's dad's name, but it could also come down to family values and living together before marriage might have been sharply looked down on, even for a thirty-something couple. It's a more innocuous example, but years ago an early-twenty-something coworker told us she'd returned home for the holidays to find her childhood bedroom completely unchanged, and then realized her mom wasn't ready to tell her visiting grandmother that she'd moved out with her boyfriend, so she was maintaining the bedroom as if she still lived there.

I haven't scrolled through enough of SS's reddit account; for someone who has, are there any photos taken in what might be his "maximalist" bedroom Frank referred to?

Another thing I noticed from the reddit photos is that SS took most of his photos with few to no recognizable items in the background. This might have just been an aesthetic choice, but if he recorded CSAM in this room that he intended to share later, he might have been trying to avoid capturing anything in the photo that would be recognizable to anyone as his residence. (There are threads on WS for ECAP and Europol's "Trace an Object" efforts to identify the backgrounds of CSAM images to determine where, when and by whom they were filmed.)

in the arrest warrant, last paragraph, as the detective looked at the phone pics, he viewed the 'missing juvenile' (and specific body parts) and clothing, etc. at that same time, detectives who were executing the search warrant at the residence were contacted. detectives searching the residence confirmed they found the same distinctive clothing in SS's room and the victim's room.

thank you for the links. yes, the arrest warrant indicated he consented to give up his phone during the interview. its unknown how long the interview was with SS, was it brief, the same 'story', then give up his phone and leave while they checked it? am I missing something, where was he when he was arrested on the 28th?
I wonder if they just scooped his tail up at the house when they were searching. The sheriff’s demeanor during that press conference is very telling to go back and watch knowing what we know now. Highly recommend rewatching and I wonder if they had him then. If they didn’t and he’d seen the press conference, I think he’d have known they were onto him.

There’s a few different things he says that I processed differently knowing what we know now. I don’t have the timestamp but towards the end when the reporters are asking questions about SS and the morning and the sheriff says something along the lines of “yeah, the fact the kid was dropped off early far from school and then to hear she left her phone, so yeah, that’s always sus..”

Thanks for posting that, I don't remember there being an interview with Jenn where she says anything about coming home around 8 am? anyone else know? starts around 28:29 if I didnt clip it to the proper time.
I'd prefer that whoever that woman is in the video you posted followed the same TOS that we do here at WS. And that is.... what is her SOURCE for saying that "mom made a reference in one of them (the interviews) to coming home around 8am. Or a little after 8". Sure, she said "interviews with mom" but which one and we need the timestamp! LOL

Since no source for us to go back to see what the exact quote of JS was... we can't easily figure out if whoever the blonde lady got her facts mixed up, and/or remembers incorrectly.

That being said... IF that lady has her facts straight... what she doesn't say is WHO she was talking about. Again, her (snipped for focus) quote was "mom made a reference to coming home around 8am.". So! Was it mom coming home around 8am... or was it Maddie? I'm sure most everyone would assume it's Maddie (if that quote of hers is even correct) but I don't like to assume, and to me, you can fit JS's name in that quote, or Maddie's.

Does anyone recall hearing this coming home around 8am tidbit in one of the vids? I do not, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'd prefer that whoever that woman is in the video you posted followed the same TOS that we do here at WS. And that is.... what is her SOURCE for saying that "mom made a reference in one of them (the interviews) to coming home around 8am. Or a little after 8". Sure, she said "interviews with mom" but which one and we need the timestamp! LOL

Since no source for us to go back to see what the exact quote of JS was... we can't easily figure out if whoever the blonde lady got her facts mixed up, and/or remembers incorrectly.

That being said... IF that lady has her facts straight... what she doesn't say is WHO she was talking about. Again, her (snipped for focus) quote was "mom made a reference to coming home around 8am.". So! Was it mom coming home around 8am... or was it Maddie? I'm sure most everyone would assume it's Maddie (if that quote of hers is even correct) but I don't like to assume, and to me, you can fit JS's name in that quote, or Maddie's.

Does anyone recall hearing this coming home around 8am tidbit in one of the vids? I do not, unfortunately.
IA and I caught that. Idk that that is accurate. As far as we know we don’t have any info on when JS came home from work.

I’m struggling to understand why JS would “call” SS to pick up MS and take her to school if he wasn’t at the party? If he was supposed to be staying in North Port, that’s ridiculous.

If he stayed at the condo that night, as I said a little while ago, the only thing that makes sense is that JS called him from her room.

The fact that this case doesn’t appear to be very cut and dry, that the police are tight lipped and still working on timeline details (they called the case “complex”) is telling, IMO.

There’s no way SS didn’t stay the night, bc he was already disposing of MS’s items after 7:00 AM. To get to the condo to pick up MS for school, he’d have to have been on the road around 5…so that would have left very little time to kill MS and then start the coverup.

I suppose if JS worked late into the night, she could have called him in the very early hours of the morning…esp if she knew he’d be up. But it just doesn’t make any dang sense. If she had called him in the evening or early that morning, I suppose he could have let himself in…killed MS while JS was asleep, and then started the coverup?

I did not. there were only two interviews filmed. right? one 8am reference is in the arrest affidavit stating she saw Madeline getting ready for school. another reference in the documents released, the official missing report was taken at 8PM another reference to the time of 8, is 8:10AM when SS's license plate is captured near the school. yet another 8 reference, is 8:19AM SS returning to the complex.

lots of 8's, unless it was an unreleased part of both of their interviews, I didnt hear JS say she, SS or MS came home at around 8AM. but we do know of 3 instances where 8ish AM is referenced.

She's likely referencing this line from court documents obtained by WFTV Channel 9, but got it jumbled up: "On February 26, [2024], at approximately 0800 hours Jennifer observed (missing) Madeline Soto getting dress for school..."
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.44.28 AM.png

She's likely referencing this line from court documents obtained by WFTV Channel 9, but got it jumbled up: "On February 26, [2024], at approximately 0800 hours Jennifer observed (missing) Madeline Soto getting dress for school..."
Thats the only thing it can be, just a mix up. The difference between waking up and seeing your kid at 8 am as opposed to not getting home till 8 am could start a very large social media frenzy. Even tho neither are true allegedly. That would change everything we've talked about for a month.

Last edited:
View attachment 493578
Love it! I am 110% with you! I had a feeling she misspoke when I said "we can't easily figure out if the blonde lady got her facts mixed up, and/or remembers incorrectly.". Which is why I wish she had shown us proof of where she got her "facts" from which is what I love about WS. We provide proof. :)

IA and I caught that. Idk that that is accurate. As far as we know we don’t have any info on when JS came home from work.

I’m struggling to understand why JS would “call” SS to pick up MS and take her to school if he wasn’t at the party? If he was supposed to be staying in North Port, that’s ridiculous.

If he stayed at the condo that night, as I said a little while ago, the only thing that makes sense is that JS called him from her room.

The fact that this case doesn’t appear to be very cut and dry, that the police are tight lipped and still working on timeline details (they called the case “complex”) is telling, IMO.

There’s no way SS didn’t stay the night, bc he was already disposing of MS’s items after 7:00 AM. To get to the condo to pick up MS for school, he’d have to have been on the road around 5…so that would have left very little time to kill MS and then start the coverup.

I suppose if JS worked late into the night, she could have called him in the very early hours of the morning…esp if she knew he’d be up. But it just doesn’t make any dang sense. If she had called him in the evening or early that morning, I suppose he could have let himself in…killed MS while JS was asleep, and then started the coverup?
IF JS called SS to pick up Maddie to get her to school (which I don't believe she did), then why did she call *him* instead of literally anyone else (eg: her mother or her sister?). Why drag SS in from wherever he may have been at all? Unless she just was manipulative and wanted him to prove that he'd drop everything and run to her beck and call, this makes no sense.

Is is my contention that SS was living with JS (or staying very frequently so as to have his own room there) and that she did not call him at all to pick her up. If they had a call that morning, it was to discuss whatever had become of Maddie and how to hide the evidence and the body.

IF JS called SS to pick up Maddie to get her to school (which I don't believe she did), then why did she call *him* instead of literally anyone else (eg: her mother or her sister?). Why drag SS in from wherever he may have been at all? Unless she just was manipulative and wanted him to prove that he'd drop everything and run to her beck and call, this makes no sense.

Is is my contention that SS was living with JS (or staying very frequently so as to have his own room there) and that she did not call him at all to pick her up. If they had a call that morning, it was to discuss whatever had become of Maddie and how to hide the evidence and the body.
I dont believe it either, Interesting tho, G-ma is who said it, cause jenn must have told her that, how else?. Jenn didnt even address that to the public did she? it was straight to "WE". I know we've talked it to death, all the versions of why the "we" but I don't necessarily believe she did it to cover him,"IF" she believed he did something terrible, but there is something there... guilt? blame? IDK. she didnt get up?. or slept in accidentally? mother child bond usually surpasses everything, Ive seen a lot crazy situations with kids and families, I cant say Ive seen a mother still cover for a Boyfriend if she believed he killed her kid , cover for other stuff sure but not that. . Jenn doesnt fit that look for me somehow. You'd see it other places. and I dont, sure she missed one party? yeah its odd but we dont know why? Work may have been the excuse she gave or it may have nothing do with Maddi, maybe she was avoiding family?? we dont know.
She not only doesnt say publicly I told my boyfriend to take her, or I saw her getting dressed, she says " last seen wearing'" last seen wearing by who? just a weird response, like shes half lying but doesnt want to? or knows its not true? , shes cautious,
Im starting to think she slept through it all. The "we" is weird and so is the "last seen wearing". If anything maybe she thought she just ran away? 2nd day not finding her, starting to get more nervous??

As well, when the sheriff discussed " tell someone" that was pretty specific. they could have addressed other things, i.e. what to do when someone tells you... but " tell someone" ?
The whole point is what is there for evidence that anyone can say she knew or she had to know or how could she not know. She may have, but I'm not convinced yet.

Last edited:
mother child bond usually surpasses everything, Ive seen a lot crazy situations with kids and families, I cant say Ive seen a mother still cover for a Boyfriend if she believed he killed her kid , cover for other stuff sure but not that.
SBMFF

It happens. This exact thing is going on right now in the Elijah Vue thread IMO. That's just one example off the top of my head. All MOO!

SBMFF

It happens. This exact thing is going on right now in the Elijah Vue thread IMO. That's just one example off the top of my head. All MOO!
and Im sure it does happen, look at Susan smith, or many others who've hurt their own children but its more rare. Maybe it's just me and I cannot even imagine it. I cant believe shed choose a guy with whom she has a tumultuous relationship over her own kid. I dont believe it as much as some people do believe it. She could have asked dad to take her then. ( I know, not if she was using the daughter as a lure) but I think you'd see other signs of neglect and maddi was involved in many activities, she didnt seem neglected to me. if its true, its just not obvious to me, not with the limited info that we do have. We havent even heard from old friends who have come out to speak on either end, good parent/not good parent. usually this is exactly when you'd start to see long lost acquaintances who all have the inside scoop. ( like they did for Stephan) and so far... radio silence.

Last edited:
I dont believe it either, Interesting tho, G-ma is who said it, cause jenn must have told her that, how else?. Jenn didnt even address that to the public did she? it was straight to "WE". I know we've talked it to death, all the versions of why the "we" but I don't necessarily believe she did it to cover him,"IF" she believed he did something terrible, but there is something there... guilt? blame? IDK. she didnt get up?. or slept in accidentally? mother child bond usually surpasses everything, Ive seen a lot crazy situations with kids and families, I cant say Ive seen a mother still cover for a Boyfriend if she believed he killed her kid , cover for other stuff sure but not that. . Jenn doesnt fit that look for me somehow. You'd see it other places. and I dont, sure she missed one party? yeah its odd but we dont know why? Work may have been the excuse she gave or it may have nothing do with Maddi, maybe she was avoiding family?? we dont know.
She not only doesnt say publicly I told my boyfriend to take her, or I saw her getting dressed, she says " last seen wearing'" last seen wearing by who? just a weird response, like shes half lying but doesnt want to? or knows its not true? , shes cautious,
Im starting to think she slept through it all. The "we" is weird and so is the "last seen wearing". If anything maybe she thought she just ran away? 2nd day not finding her, starting to get more nervous??

As well, when the sheriff discussed " tell someone" that was pretty specific. they could have addressed other things, i.e. what to do when someone tells you... but " tell someone" ?
The whole point is what is there for evidence that anyone can say she knew or she had to know or how could she not know. She may have, but I'm not convinced yet.
The “tell someone” - I wondered if that may have been directed at other friends or family who knew SS. Perhaps they believe SS may have other other victims? Maybe it’s a hope that people with suspicion about him with Ms or anyone else might come forward so they can investigate?

The “tell someone” - I wondered if that may have been directed at other friends or family who knew SS. Perhaps they believe SS may have other other victims? Maybe it’s a hope that people with suspicion about him with Ms or anyone else might come forward so they can investigate?
I wonder if LEO interviewed/questioned several different friends and family members (and may have gotten messages from ones further out) where many of them said they had suspicions about SS but didn't voice anything because they were afraid to rock the boat (so to speak). Maybe if they heard that like 10 times it would be a big reason for them to feel the need to say that at a presser. **not victim blaming or saying its their fault**

Or maybe they just did so because they jumped at the chance to spread that message.

it
I wonder if LEO interviewed/questioned several different friends and family members

Or maybe they just did so because they jumped at the chance to spread that message.
Could be? or just other kids who may have had contact with SS. hopefully this isnt TMI but: We had a situation here, where a dad kept encouraging sleepovers with his 10 year old daughter's friends. One time one of the friends didnt drink the hot chocolate he laced, not long after the house is raided, all kinds of video uncovered ( not just of the sleepovers, which were mostly filming body parts) Usually it's the friends that go and tell their parents ( as was in this case) when their life isnt perceived as being threatened . In this case the daughter was apprehended , dad was jailed. Mom claimed she knew nothing, the fact that she didnt know anything was a problem. There was a lot of evidence indicating many occurrences of SA. In that case, to not know ( allegedly) . or fail to properly supervise a child was considered a form of abuse . The mom was never charged but never got her child back. Sadly that isnt even an option in this case.

Last edited:
DBM ( too long of a read about vicarious liability)

Last edited:

Reading this just now, caused me to wonder the following:

What if she had ‘called’ SS to ‘retrieve’ MS since she (JS) already knew that MS was with him?

And IIRC it is still not entirely clear where MS and where SS had spent the evening after the birthday party? And where each was prior to needing to ready for school on the next morning? MOO

Reading this just now, caused me to wonder the following:

What if she had ‘called’ SS to ‘retrieve’ MS since she (JS) already knew that MS was with him?

And IIRC it is still not entirely clear where MS and where SS had spent the evening after the birthday party? And where each was prior to needing to ready for school on the next morning? MOO
I agree. So far we have 3 statements that I know about from JS:
  1. The police report referenced in the news articles about JS lying
  2. The Channel 9 interview; and
  3. The Channel 35 interview
In the Channel 35 video at 5:50, Jenn seems to suggest she saw her after the party but at this juncture her repeated, inconsistent use of the royal “we” makes it difficult to know exactly who saw her.

I agree. So far we have 3 statements that I know about from JS:
  1. The police report referenced in the news articles about JS lying
  2. The Channel 9 interview; and
  3. The Channel 35 interview
In the Channel 35 video at 5:50, Jenn seems to suggest she saw her after the party but at this juncture her repeated, inconsistent use of the royal “we” makes it difficult to know exactly who saw her.
There's a 4th that I'm aware of. JS giving one to Telemundo.

Interview in Spanish here: Continúa la búsqueda de Madeline Soto de 13 años de edad, desaparecida en el Condado Orange

My post doing the translation here: Found Deceased - FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500