Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

That was my thinking. I think it would do well to realize that all of these docs and such are standard practice and do not reference any details about this particular case except where specifically noted. I wouldn’t read too much into them, other than the notice of discovery that actually outlined elements specific to this case.
Yes! Better yet, glean on to exactly what the State Prosecutor produced or did not produce in response to the defendant's Discovery Notice.

Also, I think they have a few more days to produce evidence pursuant to the 15 days allowed.

I've not had an opportunity here but I also like studying the witness list early and see if I recognize any names. The witness list can sometimes hint at the toxicology results -- things not typically revealed until the evidence suppression hearings. MOO

I have to remind myself this is Florida-- subject to more public disclosure than other states. :)

Yes! Better yet, glean on to exactly what the State Prosecutor produced or did not produce in response to the defendant's Discovery Notice.

Also, I think they have a few more days to produce evidence pursuant to the 15 days allowed.

I've not had an opportunity here but I also like studying the witness list early and see if I recognize any names. The witness list can sometimes hint at the toxicology results -- things not typically revealed until the evidence suppression hearings. MOO

I have to remind myself this is Florida-- subject to more public disclosure than other states. :)
Good thinking! The thing that has my attention the most at this point is the firearms trace - if he used a gun to kill her thats a much messier and louder crime scene… much more violent too. I realize that doesn’t mean he did kill her that way, but it’s definitely something that stuck out to me.

Good thinking! The thing that has my attention the most at this point is the firearms trace - if he used a gun to kill her thats a much messier and louder crime scene… much more violent too. I realize that doesn’t mean he did kill her that way, but it’s definitely something that stuck out to me.
I just checked the public court site and the only record made public on the docket was the cover sheet or page one of the witness list which does not identify any witnesses so there goes the idea of an early peek.

Somebody charged in connection to the same crime. To my knowledge, there have been no additional arrests at this time but it doesn't mean the investigation isn't ongoing. JMO
To our knowledge, there are no other arrests and yes, they've stated it's an active investigation still. Would they list this just in case there's another defendant down the line? Seems odd to have it listed here unless they know there will other charges. MOO.

To our knowledge, there are no other arrests and yes, they've stated it's an active investigation still. Would they list this just in case there's another defendant down the line? Seems odd to have it listed here unless they know there will other charges. MOO.
It’s an umbrella document that includes all factors under the discovery law. It’s most likely the same for every case.

He does, though. The world reading, in headlines, the details of what he allegedly did. JMO.
Except, he's already lost everything as a direct result of his own actions.
So, there's that.

He has no defense whatsoever. He took sickening pictures of his own depravity and guilt. He's provided all the evidence needed to keep him locked in a cage where violent predators belong.

Except, he's already lost everything as a direct result of his own actions.
So, there's that.

He has no defense whatsoever. He took sickening pictures of his own depravity and guilt. He's provided all the evidence needed to keep him locked in a cage where violent predators belong.
Thank you, that was my point. He knows he’s going down for this, so he’ll plead not guilty for the mere chance that law enforcement makes a mistake, or some other type of legal loop hole where he gets set free.
It’s happened before.

Hes waiting for a plea deal. I bet in his little pea brain, he thinks if he pleads not guilty the DA and ADA will give him a plea deal with lesser charges so they dont have to take it to trial. Manslaughter one for example. He and/or his attorney believe the DA doesnt have enough hard evidence to get him for Cap one, and the death sentence in Fl jmo.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I don't doubt certain medical groups have their own policies in place which may be more restrictive than the laws of Florida. To my knowledge, the only restriction on PA's (treating adults) per Florida Statutes is based on the formulary where certain scheduled or controlled drugs may be limited to 7 day supply. If you receive more than 7 day supply of Ambien, that might explain the need for doctors approval.

Relative to treating patients under the age of 18, I believe Florida has prescribing restrictions for both pediatricians and PAs defined in the formulary. I don't remember if I qualified my initial post as specific to treating adults. Thanks, @PayrollNerd for making the distinction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't doubt certain medical groups have their own policies in place which may be more restrictive than the laws of Florida. To my knowledge, the only restriction on PA's (treating adults) per Florida Statutes is based on the formulary where certain scheduled or controlled drugs may be limited to 7 day supply. If you receive more than 7 day supply of Ambien, that might explain the need for doctors approval.

Relative to treating patients under the age of 18, I believe Florida has prescribing restrictions for both pediatricians and PAs defined in the formulary. I don't remember if I qualified my initial post as specific to treating adults. Thanks, @PayrollNerd for making the distinction.
Ok, so this is clearer to me now. MS was diagnosed in FL, treated under a PA, who also may be a doctor in the eyes of FL.
<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:

1715769367888.png

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - Thirteen-year-old Madeline Soto has been memorialized in her middle school yearbook.

Orange County Public Schools confirmed that a page of the Hunter's Creek Middle School yearbook has been dedicated to the teenager whose body was found in Osceola County on March 1. Her mother's boyfriend Stephan Sterns was officially charged for her murder in late April.

The yearbook page includes a photo of Soto with the words "rest in peace" and a poem written by a 7th grader Ireland Shaw:

You were pretty you were kind,

You were everything I liked,

I couldn't be sad around you even if I tried,

You were the sun, society is the moon,

If you told us, we all would've believed you,

I miss you,

I miss you so much,

But I feel okay knowing your [sic] doing fine up above,

I'll try not to cry,

I'll try not to shed,

But I'll always be lucky you were my friend.

View attachment 503671

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - Thirteen-year-old Madeline Soto has been memorialized in her middle school yearbook.

Orange County Public Schools confirmed that a page of the Hunter's Creek Middle School yearbook has been dedicated to the teenager whose body was found in Osceola County on March 1. Her mother's boyfriend Stephan Sterns was officially charged for her murder in late April.

The yearbook page includes a photo of Soto with the words "rest in peace" and a poem written by a 7th grader Ireland Shaw:

You were pretty you were kind,

You were everything I liked,

I couldn't be sad around you even if I tried,

You were the sun, society is the moon,

If you told us, we all would've believed you,

I miss you,

I miss you so much,

But I feel okay knowing your [sic] doing fine up above,

I'll try not to cry,

I'll try not to shed,

But I'll always be lucky you were my friend.
Torn between loving this beautiful tribute to Madeline and the anger that I feel that she was so violated and victimized for long by this monster who had unlimited access to her. She shouldn't be gone when she had a whole lifetime ahead of her. :mad:

Fly high Maddy, your worldly pain and torment is gone now. We just need to get earthly Justice for you so that you may finally RIP.

JMO

Torn between loving this beautiful tribute to Madeline and the anger that I feel that she was so violated and victimized for long by this monster who had unlimited access to her. She shouldn't be gone when she had a whole lifetime ahead of her. :mad:

Fly high Maddy, your worldly pain and torment is gone now. We just need to get earthly Justice for you so that you may finally RIP.

JMO
Yes, all of this. I’m also so glad she had friends who loved her so much and I hope she knew she was loved while she was alive.

At the same time, my heart breaks for all these kids. Loss really hits differently when you’re young and you never really get over it. We lost classmates to car accidents and things but never anything this horrific, which has to compound the grief. I hope all of her little friends are getting support from professionals who can help them process this unspeakable sadness.

Madeline's provider is a PMH-NP (psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner).
From Florida law, APRNs can : (a) Prescribe, dispense, administer, or order any drug; however, an advanced practice registered nurse may prescribe or dispense a controlled substance as defined in s. 893.03 only if the advanced practice registered nurse has graduated from a program leading to a master’s or doctoral degree in a clinical nursing specialty area with training in specialized practitioner skills.
The provider seems to meet these criteria.
In my state, MD, DOs, APRNs mostly prescribe and LCSWs or similar provide therapy.

JMO
Let's hope that reincarnation is true and Madeline comes back at some point with all the love, care, opportunities and protection she needs to prosper and thrive. RIP Madeline

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back