Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If JS was also physically present when the abuse took place, which it seems from the "arrangements" she very well may have been then there is a pretty strong chance IMO JS also abused MS.

So, MS would potentially not only being telling about SS....but about her own mother.

I know this is many levels beyond disgusting, but so is what we clearly DO know about this case.

"Anxious" mothers do not send their young daughters to sleep in bed with men. If it was even POSSIBLE for it to make any less sense than it already does, you have a MOTHER who suffers from ANXIETY doing this? REALLY?

Anyone else here a mom who has any personal experience with anxiety? Worrying about your children, sometimes "too much" is right up there on the things you deal with. Anyone hurting your kids, behaving inappropriately with them, etc. If anything, anxiety would possibly be protective AGAINST some unspeakably stupid decision like "Yeah, go snuggle with my boyfriend." (Again, I do NOT think this is about "stupidity" any more than it is about sleep. Both SS & JS are sickos, IMO)

What was JS doing during that period I wonder? MOO
Probably sleeping? Sleeping and watching MS getting dressed. And when I say 'sleeping and watching MS getting dressed', I mean neither.

We don't know the details yet.

There may have been a great deal of cleaning up to do. Did anyone sleep that night?

JMO

This is what I can't get over. After being arrested for all the garbage that was on his phone, ( it's not a secret anymore) he had the nerve to complain about how he slept, and how he had to use toilet paper for a pillow. That shocks me, that he had the nerve to act like a sissy after it's been discovered what a monster he could be. He needed a lozenge and a blankie cause he was cold.
and prior to that, his LE interview: all the complaints about what HE has to endure....annoying aging parents and their dogs, hurt his thumb changing his tire, he hasnt eaten in a day, Madeline: there is so much love in the house, she's hardly ever told "NO" which according to him is a 'double edged sword'...he has so much anxiety because of this situation, has to be overly medicated to cope....needs to 'pop down real quick'<--head down in the interview????? goes on he is not a morning person explaining why he is giving his 'best guesses'...and on and on....

Don't know but possibly in the car, in the garage, if there is one. Or perhaps parked out of any camera sightline.
there was that court TV episode around March 18 where Shannon Butler reported that LE said at
7:35 am When he dumped her backpack and computer in the dumpster, Maddi was partially visible in the front seat of that vehicle. but could not say definitively that she was deceased b/c of partial visibility
8:10 caught on. a plate reader driving away from the school. ( just meant in the opposite direction, don't know how close to the school he was)
8:19 re-entering the complex Maddi was visible again
Probably sleeping? Sleeping and watching MS getting dressed. And when I say 'sleeping and watching MS getting dressed', I mean neither.

There may have been a great deal of cleaning up to do. Did anyone sleep that night?

JMO

SS told LE he didn't get home until 10 am and LE asked him if Jenn was home when he got back and he said he thought so, but she may have been at her blood appt.
he couldn't remember a day earlier if she was home when he got back. or the time exactly, he wanted to call her to ask her what time he got back :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, that is pretty suspicious. It’s hard to believe that she never confided to a friend, a parent, anyone?
I don’t believe they don’t see the signs. Instead, I believe they are willlfully blind to them.
But. If a parent wants to claim they had no idea, well, I’m afraid I can’t accept that.
I'd like to think you are saying these things due to this specific case, but it's harmful misinformation and others may believe this is true and apply it to all of us and our families. These beliefs contribute to the reason we don't even disclose well into adulthood. I would never have subjected my mother to the humiliation and judgment that disclosure would bring to both of us. We don't know what happened in this case, it's an extremely complex situation.

I'd like to think you are saying these things due to this specific case, but it's harmful misinformation and others may believe this is true and apply it to all of us and our families. These beliefs contribute to the reason we don't even disclose well into adulthood. I would never have subjected my mother to the humiliation and judgment that disclosure would bring to both of us. We don't know what happened in this case, it's an extremely complex situation.
Interesting comment! A complex situation..don’t know your history but respect your comment.

I got a lot of flak in the beginning of this case because I was absolutely repulsed by the image of JS comforting SS. It was not normal, no matter how many people tried to tell me they would comfort their significant other the same way. It was JS missing her biological child, she grew that girl in her body for 9 months, has been her mother from day one. No way was it normal for some loser bf, who came into this little girls life at a later point in time, to be so distraught that the biological mother had to comfort him. There is no excuse, or reason, that will ever convince me that what we saw was a normal or appropriate reaction to MS being missing. It was a red flag that things were very off in that household.

Do you really think a woman capable of holding down a job, etc could be THAT stupid she would think it was normal/acceptable to send her daughter to sleep with her boyfriend--especially in another room all night long? (I'm not asking with any tone, genuinely curious!)

I could see someone being naive enough maybe to hand over the pick up and drop off or "baby sitting" for an irregular work shift without doing much checking--I think those things probably happen fairly often, and sickos prey on those situations.

Maybe JS IS this abnormal in terms of intellect and social functioning she somehow thought that was all snuggly and nice, but that is incredibly difficult to process. It seems far more likely to me JS is also a deviant.

Do you really think a woman capable of holding down a job, etc could be THAT stupid she would think it was normal/acceptable to send her daughter to sleep with her boyfriend--especially in another room all night long? (I'm not asking with any tone, genuinely curious!)

I could see someone being naive enough maybe to hand over the pick up and drop off or "baby sitting" for an irregular work shift without doing much checking--I think those things probably happen fairly often, and sickos prey on those situations.

Maybe JS IS this abnormal in terms of intellect and social functioning she somehow thought that was all snuggly and nice, but that is incredibly difficult to process. It seems far more likely to me JS is also a deviant.
Learned helplessness?
She had a boyfriend who was a know-it-all all. That probably didn't help, bet she was the one treated like a child, and him the authority on everything. (thinking of his reddit posts) and his tone when he said " Maddie never hears no" he's critical. probably treats everyone like they're stupid. (IMO of course)

Last edited:
Right?! In what world have you lived as a woman, you’ve grown up seeing what men are capable of, and you still feed your daughter to a wolf? And not even one disguised as a sheep. MOO but SS is a LOSER. Always has been in my estimation. How a grown woman was attracted to him as any sort of live in bf is asinine to me
Exactly . He's self pitying, whining, charmless and dimwitted and those are his best traits. Hideous barbaric perverted creature

Absolutely. Common sense is never as common as we'd all like to believe. Personally I believe JS saw the signs and chose to ignore them, but I can think of a few explanations for why she or any other mother in her situation might overlook the sleeping arrangement issue. First, she could have got caught up in the idea that she would instinctively know if SS or anyone else were abusing her daughter and/or that MS would have told her. In this very thread we have people insisting that it's impossible to not see the signs or for a child to keep quiet about their abuse, despite survivors saying how wrong and damaging that mindset is.

Or she may have experienced similar suspicious sleeping arrangements as a child herself and not been a victim of assault. It's easy for people to think, "Well, I did XYZ at that age and nothing bad happened to me," not realizing that they were just very lucky. It could also be that she's just honestly naïve about the dangers of the world and how awful people can be. Plenty of otherwise functional, smart adults are too trusting of others. Again, IMO JS did know this was inappropriate, but there are a lot of reasons why a person might not see it that way.

No matter how glaringly obvious something is, someone, somewhere, will be scratching their head over it. When I have a hard time wrapping my head around how dumb people can be, I think of my cousin. She's in real estate, owns several rental properties, and is great with finances. In those areas, she's very intelligent. She was also genuinely surprised to hear that potato chips are made with potatoes.

There are also women with low capacity for empathy, other, who are so consumed with self and getting their own needs met, that nurturing and protecting their offspring doesn't enter the scope. Maddie may have tried to tell and, like too many children, was shushed. Be good, be polite, he would never, he'd safe, he's our lifeline, I need him, don't cause trouble, don't mess this up for us... so many horrible children get silenced and learn to stay silent.

JS may be broken in a thousand ways herself, broken long before SS came on the scene, it's how cycles of abuse happen...

Trying hard to keep an open mind until we know more.

But it's really hard to.

JMO

Learned helplessness?
She had a boyfriend who was a know-it-all all. That probably didn't help, bet she was the one treated like a child, and him the authority on everything. (thinking of his reddit posts) and his tone when he said "Maddie never hears no" he's critical. probably treats everyone like they're stupid. (IMO of course)

Bbm

More likely Maddie was never allowed to say no.

How, how, how can we protect future Maddies from predators like SS?

I weep for her.

I wonder if SS was drugging JS and that was what was causing her anxiety to worsen? Some people have different reactions to medication that may calm one person but cause anxiety in another… I don’t know what to believe in regards to JS, still on the fence about my thoughts on her.
he is evil and vile, and so many other words which cannot be typed here, but it doesnt mean HE had to drug her so she would be unaware. fact: hearing now of bed sharing of her daughter ALONE on occasion with SS leads me to believe Madeline was alone with him ALOT, not just at bedtime when JS wanted to sleep uninterrupted.

the SA was not a one time thing....it was several years of horror for Madeline. SS had complete access to Madeline because JS allowed him to have complete access....Im still trying to navigate in my mind how a mother would allow their daughter, no matter what age, to sleep in the same bed with her AND her BF or if married, a stepfather, OR ever ever ALONE, in this case, with the BF.

was it ALWAYS the sleeping arrangement, before SS of course, for Madeline to sleep with JS? if that was the case, if she was unable to transition Madeline to sleep by herself in her own room, common sense... tell the BF what the sleeping arrangements are and he's not included. unfortunately, she didnt take control of her household, her life with her daughter.

So how did he enter the gate or the home when JS was not there that night? He have his own keys? Did MS let him in? Did he lie to Ms to get her to open the door for him??
from his interview, he claims he had a 'parking pass' which could be scanned if you didnt have the automatic clicker fob...there were two gates...one solely IIRC for the clicker. why the eff would it matter which gate he came in....well it mattered to him...for a reason....automatic click vs interacting with gate security person...

So where was she when he was dumping the backpack?

This timeline is maddening.
thats the big question. echoes back to the presser: moved her body in the early morning hours....but from where to where? did he go and retrieve her when he was caught on CCTV returning with her, supposedly for the clicker? does this relate to the investigators question in the audio released about whether THEY went out last night to search, did you drive last nite, and he says he cant remember, so heavily medicated, ask 'her' (JS)......

JMO
Well, JS sure did not look exhausted in the interview she gave to the media via webcam while Madeline was missing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01