Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were thinking the same thoughts and posting at the same time! LOL.
I also agree with you about the snippets of truth when SS lies. Especially since he does appear to be drugged, and if he is being partially truthful, that would be easier to remember, right?

How sick too if he was actually talking to MS while this went down..."You sure you don't want McDonald's? There is a car there. We're going back to McDonald's...have some time to kill."

He is sick enough, I could see this. :(

Maybe to try and fit the placement or disposal of those items along the timeline of something happening to MS on the way to school?

And then sadly, there was still the matter of MS. MOO
I think I misunderstood the original post, thinking they were saying Maddie was still alive while driving around and I couldn't figure out why he'd dispose of her things if she was still alive. I re-read it again. I guess they're saying she might not have been dead while driving around even though SS thought she was?

Yes, I agree it would be easy to recognize. I was curious about how she demonstrated her upset. Did she cry. Did she shake uncontrollably. Or hug herself, rock back and forth, scream, hyperventilate, throw up, or so on. To see a photo of her daughter being put in that position, to deny it and say she didn't recognize anything in the pic, and then to become visibly upset... I'd love to know what being upset for her looked like. Other than the shaking of her leg in the interview, there was nothing to indicate that she was "upset". MOO.
I bet, she is and was always a real drama queen, child and lover always at her service and for her comfort. When I read, that he even knew about her menstrual moods (and her daughters moods) - then I know it all, it seems. So, no sleight of hand to be upset, if necessary. MOO

I am wondering if he left her in the storage unit for a few hours and she died there and they are unsure how long? Because the time of death was a range between Sunday night and Tuesday. Or maybe she was unconscious but not dead when she was dumped? This is is all crazy.

I am wondering if he left her in the storage unit for a few hours and she died there and they are unsure how long? Because the time of death was a range between Sunday night and Tuesday. Or maybe she was unconscious but not dead when she was dumped? This is is all crazy.
when SS claims to have turned around and returned to the house to get the gate clicker, was that after attempting to drop maddie off at school? just using your theory here, he could have actually come back home to get the keys to the storage locker.

not to mention - it would be incredibly risky to leave a deceased body in your car for hours, parked outside your house, so your theory of using the storage locker does make sense.

Your little girl, your daughter, your child, how is it possible this mother is innocent ? After putting her to bed with him, a fully grown man, to snuggle, honestly the mother herself should be charged with child rape.
Yes totally agree. I have daughters and if I was to suggest to a man I was dating, to sleep in the same bed and "snuggle" with my daughter I'd know the response would be rightly absolute horror and outrage. This is not normal in any respect . In fact yd be insane not to think any man that wants to sleep in the same bed as a child especially unrelated wasn't a paedophile imo

I don't think JS had any reason to believe SS did not take MS to her school that morning and when she did not appear in the pick up location, she thought MS walked to her mother's office which is near the school, and went first to check if she was with grandma. Also, MS didn't have her phone that day.

I don't think this so strange given security at most schools where not even a parent can just walk inside the school.

When she learned MS was absent from school that day, grandma called 911.

It took three 911 calls before police sent someone to take the report of the missing child. MOO
She lied about seeing her getting dressed that morning. Also she could go to the office,and check in there to inquire about why her daughter was not there. Showed her gifts,then went straight to sleep without getting on her laptop. Which was dumped in the trash. Left her phone. Yeah it would be impossible for an unalived kid to do either. MOO

I agree it's very possible he planned to dump her behind the church in the wooded area. His story was centred around the church, and even in his audio interview, he talks about doing a U-turn -- not once, but twice -- around the church. I wonder if he went there the first time, saw someone in the parking lot, so he did a U-turn to go to "McDonalds", came back and drove by again to see if it was clear, saw someone there in the parking lot again, did another U-turn to "try to get Maddie to go to McDonalds again and she was having none of it" as per his interview.

Eventually he would have to give up his original plan to dispose of her there, but in his story to LE, he stuck with the idea of dropping her off near the church on the curb. This leads me to believe she only died around 5 or 6 a.m. (likely when he tried to rape her again before school) before he had to come up with his plan to get rid of her belongings (dumped at 7:30) and her body quickly that morning. So "they left early for McDonalds". His car was then seen around 8:10 a.m. driving away from the school and arriving back at her complex some time shortly after that with her still in the car.

I think his story has parts of the truth in it because he wouldn't have the capacity to come up with anything new to explain why he was around the school/church area and I could see him doing those U-turns to see if the coast was clear. Another thought: he mentioned a couple times he's not a morning person, so therefore, he wouldn't realize there's a whole subculture of people who are out and about and very active at 5:00 and 6:00 and 7:00 o'clock going to and from work and home, opening up facilities, maintaining grounds, going for runs and walks, going for breakfast, and so on.

MOO.
This actually makes a lot of sense to me - if he had planned on dumping her in that wooded area and kept doing u-turns because there were people, he would have to rethink his plan which could explain coming back to the complex and then dumping her later.

If his plan all along was for her to be “abducted” near the school, that makes even more sense. Which is why he “dropped her off early,” and stuck with the story of him leaving her at the church.

Maybe he fed her tranquilizers in that raspberry cheese danish, then killed her on the side of the road somewhere or in the storage unit, couldn’t dump her body because too many witnesses, came back to the complex to regroup, moved her body to the trunk (per video of her moving her body from one part of the vehicle to another), and then waited to dump her later in the day when he figured out another place to do it.

Would also line up with the “wanting to go live in the woods,” that he either sent from her phone, or took advantage of her saying and tried to use it as a cover.

when SS claims to have turned around and returned to the house to get the gate clicker, was that after attempting to drop maddie off at school? just using your theory here, he could have actually come back home to get the keys to the storage locker.

not to mention - it would be incredibly risky to leave a deceased body in your car for hours, parked outside your house, so your theory of using the storage locker does make sense.
Could have also used the storage unit to kill her without witnesses.

I don't think JS had any reason to believe SS did not take MS to her school that morning and when she did not appear in the pick up location, she thought MS walked to her mother's office which is near the school, and went first to check if she was with grandma. Also, MS didn't have her phone that day.

I don't think this so strange given security at most schools where not even a parent can just walk inside the school.

When she learned MS was absent from school that day, grandma called 911.

It took three 911 calls before police sent someone to take the report of the missing child. MOO
school was letting out when she went to pick her up. she did not attempt to go into the school and inquire when Madeline was not there waiting as was the norm. the 'norm' was not to go walk to grandma's. JS left the premises and 'drove around' first. then claims she went back to the school and it was 'closed'.

why would she leave without checking while the school was still open?

IIRC, it wasnt her grandmother that called first. it was her sister while at grandma's place of business.

I agree it's very possible he planned to dump her behind the church in the wooded area. His story was centred around the church, and even in his audio interview, he talks about doing a U-turn -- not once, but twice -- around the church. I wonder if he went there the first time, saw someone in the parking lot, so he did a U-turn to go to "McDonalds", came back and drove by again to see if it was clear, saw someone there in the parking lot again, did another U-turn to "try to get Maddie to go to McDonalds again and she was having none of it" as per his interview.

Eventually he would have to give up his original plan to dispose of her there, but in his story to LE, he stuck with the idea of dropping her off near the church on the curb. This leads me to believe she only died around 5 or 6 a.m. (likely when he tried to rape her again before school) before he had to come up with his plan to get rid of her belongings (dumped at 7:30) and her body quickly that morning. So "they left early for McDonalds". His car was then seen around 8:10 a.m. driving away from the school and arriving back at her complex some time shortly after that with her still in the car.

I think his story has parts of the truth in it because he wouldn't have the capacity to come up with anything new to explain why he was around the school/church area and I could see him doing those U-turns to see if the coast was clear. Another thought: he mentioned a couple times he's not a morning person, so therefore, he wouldn't realize there's a whole subculture of people who are out and about and very active at 5:00 and 6:00 and 7:00 o'clock going to and from work and home, opening up facilities, maintaining grounds, going for runs and walks, going for breakfast, and so on.

MOO.

This makes an enormous amount of sense. Thanks for putting so much thought into it. Figuring out the timeline has seemed impossible for me.

I'm going go guess that SS's brain never fired on more than one cylinder. So trying to guess his logic is only going frustrate.

In catching up this morning, I'm seeing some promising attempts and it occurs to me that SS himself did not have a plan. And what he did have wasn't just ill conceived and poorly executed it was altogether haphazard.

Only two reasons I can think of why he pitched her backpack and laptop at 7:30 am -- she was either dead ... or going to be.

LE saw her at least once but I think twice, one more visible than the other, of which they determined she was dead. So she was either truly dead or halfway there. :(

McDonald's makes no sense. You don't have to leave two hours early for a run through a drive-thru. Story fails the credibility test.

I agree with many posters this morning -- he did in fact want to drop Maddie off near school. Dead. And his car was a concern. (Is this why he has his father's vehicle? Just how much advance notice did he have of Maddie's death/pending (premeditated) death?) He must have realized that wasn't going to work. Too many people.

He returned to Kissimmee. When LE asked if they'd find video to corroborate his return, he said they would. Did they? Did he actually return to the house? If so, why? To get his phone? To talk to JS since he didn't have his phone/ couldn't call her? To get the key for the storage locker? Or did he maybe not go back to the house at all at that point? Perhaps he went straight to the storage locker? "Moved Maddie at some point" into the storage locker? Then tried the smoke shop but it was closed? Returned to the house, left a second time to go to the smoke shop? This time they were open? Went from there to the storage locker and from there to where he got his flat tire?

Where was he planning to go at that point?

If BFT was involved, could LE determine the implement? Something from the house? (Lamp, vase, statue?) Something from the storage locker? Something from the car? (Tire iron?) Something from the wooded area? (Rock, log?)

Sad as this tragedy is, the good news is that he's a moron. The complex has cameras, the school has cameras, cities and businesses have cameras, storage facilities have cameras. He'll get to see scenes of his life pass before his eyes.

I wish the justice system could surgically remove 1700 videos and images from his mind and replace them with the reel of idiocy, his moron path that morning. He can think on THAT for the rest of his stupid life. THAT and nothing else.

JMO

Yes totally agree. I have daughters and if I was to suggest to a man I was dating, to sleep in the same bed and "snuggle" with my daughter I'd know the response would be rightly absolute horror and outrage. This is not normal in any respect . In fact yd be insane not to think any man that wants to sleep in the same bed as a child especially unrelated wasn't a paedophile imo
While we're all very aware of why this particular man chose to sleep in the same bed as this poor girl all the way up until 12 years old, generalizing about "any man", unrelated to a child (which would include all step fathers) that sleeps in the same bed as being a pedophile, is utterly unfair. Plenty of decent step-dads have cuddled or snuggled their step kids to sleep without ever victimizing them the way SS did.

jmo

I'm going go guess that SS's brain never fired on more than one cylinder. So trying to guess his logic is only going frustrate.

In catching up this morning, I'm seeing some promising attempts and it occurs to me that SS himself did not have a plan. And what he did have wasn't just ill conceived and poorly executed it was altogether haphazard.
I think he didn't have a plan because he hadn't planned to kill Maddie in the first place. MOO
Only two reasons I can think of why he pitched her backpack and laptop at 7:30 am -- she was either dead ... or going to be.

LE saw her at least once but I think twice, one more visible than the other, of which they determined she was dead. So she was either truly dead or halfway there. :(

McDonald's makes no sense. You don't have to leave two hours early for a run through a drive-thru. Story fails the credibility test.
Yeah, I think McDonald's was an excuse to LE for why he was doing U-ie's and driving up and down the street.
I wish the justice system could surgically remove 1700 videos and images from his mind and replace them with the reel of idiocy, his moron path that morning. He can think on THAT for the rest of his stupid life. THAT and nothing else.

JMO
I'm hoping his life is short. He's a waste of food, air, water, and space.

I bet, she is and was always a real drama queen, child and lover always at her service and for her comfort. When I read, that he even knew about her menstrual moods (and her daughters moods) - then I know it all, it seems. So, no sleight of hand to be upset, if necessary. MOO
Men like SS tend to blame every bit of non-Stepford-Wife-esque emotion a woman has on "PMS", no matter how appropriate her emotions are for the situation. It could be annoyance that he didn't take out the trash when asked, or crying after being pulled from a horrific car accident, or anything in-between. All of it gets chalked up to being "crazy because she's on her period".

I wouldn't read too much into him claiming to "know" about either of their cycles. It's way more likely that a guy like him would claim JS and/or MS are experiencing PMS every day, regardless of whether or not he knows when their next menstrual cycle is. It's just a way of dismissing their emotions. I'm not sure what his comments on that have to do with how JS reacted to the evidence of him being abusive, though. As far as I know those were two separate events, one SS being interviewed and the other JS being shown said evidence.

Could have also used the storage unit to kill her without witnesses.
If he did they prob have a lot of evidence as often those have cams outside for security. Be awfully odd if he’s on cam going in with her and coming out without her / getting her later. I can believe this is what happened though. I’d like to know what’s in the storage unit? Furniture? Eg: bed / couch? Maybe some cam gear?

If there were copious amounts of blood perhaps JS stayed behind to clean up the mess and SS went to discard her body. I always felt like that's why he left with her in the first place, but why he returned is a mystery that I can't make sense of. There are DEFINITELY parts of the puzzle missing.
and could be why they needed a whole school day before they claimed she was missing.

While we're all very aware of why this particular man chose to sleep in the same bed as this poor girl all the way up until 12 years old, generalizing about "any man", unrelated to a child (which would include all step fathers) that sleeps in the same bed as being a pedophile, is utterly unfair. Plenty of decent step-dads have cuddled or snuggled their step kids to sleep without ever victimizing them the way SS did.

jmo
I view it like this: I wouldn’t let a sports coach or a teacher share my child’s bed ever (regardless of male or female) so why would I allow a step parent? Moreover, why would anyone encourage this? What was going on in this kid’s life that she was unable to sleep on her own?

When we are told that MS couldn’t sleep without someone there with her, did it have to be cuddling? Why couldn’t someone sit in a chair, door open and read a book??

What would happen if someone didn’t share MS bed? When was the last time JS tried to send her to bed alone and exactly what happened? How consistently did JS try to break this habit if at all? What steps had she taken to address this?

What does one see in a grown a$$ man that even wants to / agrees to share a bed with his step daughter? At what point does this idea become concerning and outright creepy if not by age 12????

Where was the storage locker? I haven't heard anything about a storage locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11