Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
He reset it at home. He was telling LE he reset the phone the day before, which was at home.

SS – Uh… No. It’s-it’s a new phone I erm stupid, I went to do an update yesterday morning, uhm, and I don’t know what the F (spelled out), pardon me, uhm, I don’t know what the heck I did but somehow during the massive OS update I managed to factory reset my phone and lose all of my contacts, all my information.

LE – Mm hm. What time was that? Do you remember?

SS – Oh, sometime (short pause) while I was hanging out I looked at her and said what did I just do?
So no exact time not even a guess.

I would have to listen to the interview again, but it sounds like he did it in the morning, when she said " your phone has no history before this time) I'll listen again
LE –OK. And then I also noticed… I was checking your call history. I noticed that you don’t have anything before this morning. Is that usual on your phone?

SS – Uh… No. It’s-it’s a new phone I erm stupid, I went to do an update yesterday morning, uhm, and I don’t know what the F (spelled out), pardon me, uhm, I don’t know what the heck I did but somehow during the massive OS update I managed to factory reset my phone and lose all of my contacts, all my information.

SS – Oh, sometime (short pause) while I was hanging out I looked at her and said what did I just do?

So I am not an iOS updater (I avoid all updates unless I’m forced by an app etc) so I don’t know the general consensus on this but I would also like the know..

would the average person manually begin an iOS update in the middle of the day or does the average person generally select to have it automatically do it in the middle of the night (I beleive you can set it to do at 4am, you just have to have the phone plugged in).
I update whenever I don’t need / want to use the device for a long while. For me it’s random. That could be 9am or it could be 3am…

The list of places he claimed to visit during that morning is a mile long. Different comic book stores, the vape shop. I thought I’d check before trying my hand at transcribing - has anyone done a list of the locations ?
13:46 in the MB Inc audio:

Stores he mentioned, he was looking for a new release of some card game (unnamed).. I don't think he went to any of these btw.... he's simply blabbing along.....

- Coliseum of Comics
- House Rules Gaming (but he "didn't make it that far", got a flat tire on the way)
- A few Targets

He said he uses his phone to write reviews, but I haven't come up with anything under "Sustinet".

LE –OK. And then I also noticed… I was checking your call history. I noticed that you don’t have anything before this morning. Is that usual on your phone?

well we can narrow it down . he looked at someone asked what did I do? wasnt maddi
he couldnt remember if jenn was home during his claimed return home time of 10 am, left again after an hour later and never saw jenn again till after school. ( remember he profusely apologized lol)
I mean its BS. but he forgets the details, he opens his mouth and sticks his foot right in it.

well we can narrow it down . he looked at someone asked what did I do? wasnt maddi
he couldnt remember if jenn was home during his claimed return home time of 10 am, left again after an hour later and never saw jenn again till after school. ( remember he profusely apologized lol)
I mean its BS. but he forgets the details, he opens his mouth and sticks his foot right in it.
I'm putting all my money on it being sometime after Maddie was dead, and either late morning (since I believe he was talking to JS when he said "while I was hanging out I looked at her and said what did I just do?"). So, what did I just do means to me that he had just done the *crooks my fingers* "accidental" reset. It likely would have been after he finished discarding her body to make sure everything was erased before he returned home that last time. Except is isn't. lol smh

And he's sure a dumb bunny (my apologies to actual bunnies) for being a techie nerd, and into technology, for him to NOT KNOW there are cameras EVERYWHERE these days. Heck, even *I* know that and I still have my landline (no cell), (some) VHS tapes and my 45 collection! LOL I don't think I could get from here to the corner without being seen on someone's camera. And driving downtown, and past schools? I'm likely on video dozens of times. How could he NOT know that???

Quick thought on WHY SS may have come back to the home after leaving with MS('s body). I think he was not completely sure on what to do, but he had to get her out of there. He dumped her stuff in the dumpster and took off, trying to decide what to do. Maybe he wanted to stash her near the school, or maybe he just drove near it to be seen in the area as if he truly did drop her off. Maybe he then realizes that if she was supposedly abducted near the school, her stuff wouldn't be in their own dumpster. So, he goes back to try and retrieve her items, only now there is more light and maybe more people coming and going and he realizes it won't be simple to grab it back out of a (possibly not very full) deep dumpster without drawing more attention to himself. Maybe he noticed the camera, even. So, he changes his mind again and gets outta there to drive around some more to think about what his next step is.

That's the only thing that really makes sense in my head. He kept panicking and changing plans, which is great for the investigation (hopefully!).

And he's sure a dumb bunny (my apologies to actual bunnies) for being a techie nerd, and into technology, for him to NOT KNOW there are cameras EVERYWHERE these days. Heck, even *I* know that and I still have my landline (no cell), (some) VHS tapes and my 45 collection! LOL I don't think I could get from here to the corner without being seen on someone's camera. And driving downtown, and past schools? I'm likely on video dozens of times. How could he NOT know that???
An hour later and I'm still laughing at your apology to actual bunnies. :D

Quick thought on WHY SS may have come back to the home after leaving with MS('s body). I think he was not completely sure on what to do, but he had to get her out of there. He dumped her stuff in the dumpster and took off, trying to decide what to do. Maybe he wanted to stash her near the school, or maybe he just drove near it to be seen in the area as if he truly did drop her off. Maybe he then realizes that if she was supposedly abducted near the school, her stuff wouldn't be in their own dumpster. So, he goes back to try and retrieve her items, only now there is more light and maybe more people coming and going and he realizes it won't be simple to grab it back out of a (possibly not very full) deep dumpster without drawing more attention to himself. Maybe he noticed the camera, even. So, he changes his mind again and gets outta there to drive around some more to think about what his next step is.

That's the only thing that really makes sense in my head. He kept panicking and changing plans, which is great for the investigation (hopefully!).

Your theory about his going back to move the stuff OUT of the dumpster is a really good and plausible one that I hadn't considered.

So curious to know where JS was on Sunday and all day on Monday. What was she doing? Sleeping her day away? Doesn't sound like they made it to the Sams Club or whatever shopping they planned on.....

So curious to know where JS was on Sunday and all day on Monday. What was she doing? Sleeping her day away? Doesn't sound like they made it to the Sams Club or whatever shopping they planned on.....
Seriously! What a busy bunch of people!

He would have hit Comic Book stores, Targets, she to BJs warehouse.... All before 4pm. Squeeze in a lunch somewhere perhaps? Oh and his flat tire!

JS' alibi/location on Monday has been fuzzy at best. Sunday "At work" is what Jenn said, Grandma said she came home Sunday "very tired".... that's all. What time? Did she even see Maddie before she fell asleep? We don't know. She and SS were on Ativan on the night of her disappearance??? We did see JS on camera in the evening of 26th, on Spanish TV.

I believe almost nothing about what SS has said.

He reset it at home. He was telling LE he reset the phone the day before, which was at home.

If this interview was Feb 27, then he is referring to “yesterday morning” February 26th. So he was hanging out with JS February 26th morning ? She wasn’t sleeping in?

If this interview was Feb 27, then he is referring to “yesterday morning” February 26th. So he was hanging out with JS February 26th morning ? She wasn’t sleeping in?
Honestly? Person like SS, morning means 1am, 3am, 5am! He strikes me as the kind of man-child aged 40 with no job who plays video games until the wee hours of the morning. So who knows? Maybe he did the reset at any of those hours. So I don't put any credence to 'morning' in the normal human being sense of the word.

The fact that he's looped in Jenn being aware of this reset is what bothers me most! He says it on record so Jenn would have had to collaborate this to officers.

Did she say

A) What? Huh? Factory reset? I don't understand, no. He didn't mention that to me.

OR
B) Oh yeah, he did say something about messing up and doing that!

And notice he was about to lie that it was a new phone, but knew they would be able to verify that, so he backed out of that lie.

Yes, it was the 2/27 interview, so he was referring to the day of the crime (unless the crime happened the evening after the party). I don't know if it was morning or after he returned from his most important errand in the afternoon. No, not the vape shop, nor trading cards, but getting rid of Maddie's body.

Just a guess on my part but if he was smart (I know... 'Nyuk, nyuk' at the thought of him being smart) he'd have *crooks my fingers* "accidentally reset" his phone AFTER it was all said and done. Not before getting rid of her body. Not sure if Google can map you if you aren't (his words) "mapsing it". It's safer to leave the phone at home, or "accidentally reset" it once you return from that ever important errand (and then cross your fingers the reset got rid of everything. Surprise! It didn't!).

Last edited:
And notice he was about to lie that it was a new phone, but knew they would be able to verify that, so he backed out of that lie.
Maybe... I buy used stuff all the time and I call it new, as in new to me so not very familiar with whatever it is yet. So it could have been new to him, but not brand new out of the box.

Yes, it was the 2/27 interview, so he was referring to the day of the crime (unless the crime happened the evening after the party). I don't know if it was morning or after he returned from his most important errand in the afternoon. No, not the vape shop, nor trading cards, but getting rid of Maddie's body.

Just a guess on my part but if he was smart (I know.. 'Nyuk, nyuk' at the thought of him being smart) he'd have *crooks my fingers* "accidentally reset" his phone AFTER it was all said and done. Not before getting rid of her body. Not sure if Google can map you if you aren't (his words) "mapsing it". It's safer to leave the phone at home, or "accidentally reset" it once you return from that ever important errand (and then cross your fingers the reset got rid of everything. Surprise! It didn't!).
Wow I hadn’t thought of that. Makes sense that you’d reset the phone at the end of your crime.

He said that he called JS when he got his “flat tire” to tell her he couldn’t come with her to do school pick up. You’d think that would be early afternoon ish (maybe 3 something?)if pick up was 4pm. We don’t know if that call is true though so doesn’t really inform us whether he left his phone at home. Or turned it off..

Wow I hadn’t thought of that. Makes sense that you’d reset the phone at the end of your crime.

He said that he called JS when he got his “flat tire” to tell her he couldn’t come with her to do school pick up. You’d think that would be early afternoon ish (maybe 3 something?)if pick up was 4pm. We don’t know if that call is true though so doesn’t really inform us whether he left his phone at home. Or turned it off..
Some time info given to LE starting with the X.
1716773738426.png

SS taken from this video:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members