FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to follow this, but I'm having a lot of interruptions :gaah: Couple things I heard: they learned a lot from the perp about how he did this, but not "why". He didn't say.

No doubt they have the right person. They have a lot of evidence and it all points to him.

He admitted it was his gun but did not confess to the murders. The gun was purchased a few days before the first murder. This information came from the press conference that just ended.

I don't get it.....at a loss.

He had a resume according to that linked in profile.

And now he was working at McDonalds? What happened?

no criminal record, and he suddenly becomes a serial killer...his victims strangers to him?

Agree about the work situation. I have read though that sociopaths often fail to live up to their full potential, in academics and in the workforce. jmo

I'm looking for rotten tomatoes to throw at the local station that interrupted the press conference multiple times with commercials. Really bad planning...

Trying to follow this, but I'm having a lot of interruptions :gaah: Couple things I heard: they learned a lot from the perp about how he did this, but not "why". He didn't say.

No doubt they have the right person. They have a lot of evidence and it all points to him.

If the shooter is a psychopath there's no good reason why. He might have done it for a quick, cheap thrill. Shooting makes people feel powerful even just for a moment.

I'm looking for rotten tomatoes to throw at the local station that interrupted the press conference multiple times with commercials. Really bad planning...

I was amazed -- CNN gave the presser a LOT of air time usually the butt in!

Strange stuff IMO -- why give permission to search?

Why hand a bag with a gun in it when you have a car?

There is something discombobulated about the last 24 hours?

Confused at this point -- do we know actually where he lived?

His LinkedIn shows such a good background, career-wise.

One video of his arrest showed a limp, which was commented on by many from the surveillance videos. I wonder if basketball was his life and an injury took him away from it. I'm also curious the NY arrest details. What could cause him to lose his medical job in May and work at McDonald's now?

I echo the thoughts you all share above -- his poor family. I wonder if they had any clue.

Reading about the victim's families arriving at the scene, being interviewed in their son's room, driving down from SC, and having to have buried a husband are completely heartbreaking. I'm so glad the killer has been caught.

Right now my sympathies are with the families of the victim, not the perp. At this point, we really don't know that his family wasn't suspicious, had clues or were in long term denial about problems their son/brother had. Just because a family is prosperous with loving family photos doesn't mean they're good, responsible people. It just means they have money and nice homes, clothes, etc.

Not to be pedantic, but Americans have increasingly become susceptible to equating material wealth with.good character and success and vice versa. It's a disturbing trend, IMO.

Why would he leave his bag with the person. That is the question.

This perp likes to take risks. He likes being so sneaky that he can commit crimes and not get caught. I think he gave the bag to the co-worker because he enjoyed the risk of it.

I'm sure there are other similar stunts and crimes he pulled. jmo

jmopinion

I think I am beginning to understand why people may not call LE right away about someone who is close to them even if they look like a murder suspect they see in the news.

I think what happens is it is just so unbelievable that a person they would know personally could really be a murderer that they talk themselves out of it. It is just so hard to fathom and comprehend and the odds are just so incredible that they begin to think it cannot really be the person they know.

Especially if there is nothing that proof positive shows to them that the person really is the right person.

It took him handing them a gun before they really believed what they suspected in their minds previously. I am glad they acted when they finally got convinced after they got the bag from him.

If the shooter is a psychopath there's no good reason why. He might have done it for a quick, cheap thrill. Shooting makes people feel powerful even just for a moment.

Just a guess, but that's very likely. We had talked about this before he was arrested - that it's simply exerting power over others, getting revenge for some perceived grievance, doing it for the thrill. An entitled narcissistic, sociopathic killer with no boundaries, no conscience, no guilt.

Agree about the work situation. I have read though that sociopaths often fail to live up to their full potential, in academics and in the workforce. jmo

Bingo. This is exactly what I think happened in this perp's life.

jmopinion

I'm curious about where he lived also? Did he live with his parents?

100% sure, Police Chief

IMO there has to be some big thing that has not released yet, cause IMO the way it is now there does not seem like enough to go for four counts of murder?

Maybe they are not doing the ballistics stuff
full force??

The gun in a bag is just bizarre. Illogical thinking at some point.

His face looks heavier than I imagined

I still think we may be doing some gay angle

I realize that killers can look completely normal and be full of charisma. However, the last two mass shooters had an unsettling look to me. They were people I might avoid getting near had I come across them. This guy likely would not have raised any alarm bells with me. I guess that's part of how he got this far.

And looking at pictures of him with his mom, I just feel for her. She had a beautiful, successful family that she was clearly proud of. I just don't get it, what could have caused him to do this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just now seeing more video of him -- he looks dazed - just not totally present which is helpful (just now ) in terms of some of the "off" choices he made

IMO there has to be some big thing that has not released yet, cause IMO the way it is now there does not seem like enough to go for four counts of murder?

Maybe they are not doing the ballistics stuff
full force??

The gun in a bag is just bizarre. Illogical thinking at some point.

His face looks heavier than I imagined

I still think we may be doing some gay angle

If you read back through the thread you will see they did already match the casings found at the murder scenes to the same gun he handed over to McD employees. They obviously already test fired the gun at the police station and compared the casings markings as the gun ejects the casings.

They also have his cell phone which records prove he was in area of the killings on day and times of the killings.

They may also have a blood stain on some clothes found in the car that could match one of the victims.

They have the right guy. IMO of course.

Just a guess, but that's very likely. We had talked about this before he was arrested - that it's simply exerting power over others, getting revenge for some perceived grievance, doing it for the thrill. An entitled narcissistic, sociopathic killer with no boundaries, no conscience, no guilt.

yes, exactly.
It's hard for us non-psychopaths to understand.
They lack common sense/rational and empathy. Nothing stops them. They get bored easily seek out new thrills.

I am surprised he wasn't on the police's radar considering he bought the specific type of weapon 2 days prior to the first killing locally. Wouldn't police interview gun shops? I think the perp was sloppy. He may have trusted his coworker more than we imagine. He may have felt uncomfortable about leaving the weapon in the car because guns are commonly stolen from vehicles. There were 5 bullets in the chamber....maybe he was planning another killing.

I'm curious about where he lived also? Did he live with his parents?

I predicted that if the shooter had a family he wouldn't be able to sneak out on Thanksgiving w/o them noticing.
I guessed he lived with an elderly grandparent. Looks like he lives with his parents.
If he struck on Thanksgiving my profile is that he had no one in his life. It was quiet last week.

Random speculation.
Interesting to see that the feminine characteristics many of us perceived in the cctv videos, do not seem to carry through when the perp is seen
" in person. "

Wondering what it was like for him with a family in the beauty business, where talk at the family dinner table was presumably often about wigs, nails, hairstyles, makeup ect.
As a kid, did all the customers make a big fuss over him, did sports give him a release from all that, or was there extra pressure for him to engage in " masculine " activities?
Did he have something to prove?

Not sure there's a registry that cops can search unfortunately. It would have come in handy though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood