FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why on another bio for him it said computer science major with a minor in something athletic (can’t remember, might have been sports management?) I can’t find the link anymore.

It could be that whatever source you saw got their information from his Facebook profile. He put in his profile that he studied computer science at St John's.

Yes, good luck about the LEO being right there. It's entirely possible that if the officer wasn't there, the McD's employees wouldn't have called 911. You never know.

Luck is good to have on your side!

jmo

Could the cop have spooked him?
(I need to familiarize myself with the timeline to see if this is even possibly applicable.)

I think he planned on taking the plane. He went to get the loan. He would not do that if he thought he was goong to get caught.

Giving them the back pack? I think he planned on shooting them

(The thought of this guy on a plane just made me shudder...)

(Eta, there was another post upstream which gave me the same physical reaction, it was one by MzOpiniated I think, will have to go back.)

Yea I have also wondered too if maybe when he was going to take back his gun that maybe he planned on open firing on everyone. That is a horrible possibility.

Those employees did the right thing and so glad they did. They may have saved their own lives or other lives.

"On Tuesday, police said he asked a coworker to hold onto his Glock while he went to cash a check. The coworker got police involved and it’s that gun, among other evidence, police say ties the 24-year-old to all four killings. He also told that coworker he planned to leave the state."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...-about-Howell-Emanuel-Donaldson-III_163107154

(Ditto, just thought the same thing and shuddered)

Back in the day iirc Glock 40s were standard police issue for some police depts, I had a Glock 9 way back in the day...When heavy.com first reported that the lady said that the gun was a 9, that was my first thought, was I wonder if it was a Glock 9mm (for various reasons), then later reports said it was a .40... (that's why I remembered that detail, ray_of_hope, and noticed the discrepancy...) Anyway, I was surprised all that came out publicly so quickly, the gun and ammo details (I'm so used to that always being close to the vest!), but I guess they don't need to keep the ballistics info in this case private anymore...if anything, they want everyone to feel secure and know that they got the right guy, and like they said, can finally sleep at night. Poor folks, they've been through the ringer.

Too bad we didn’t see him **walk** into the police car during the arrest videos because we have studied that gait. It would be reassuring for many of us that they have their man (or....shudder...they don’t)!

Also, if the case goes as exspected, who will collect the large reward at McDonalds? Co-worker GR, the Manager, who?

I believe that Trai purchased the gun in October and don't know if he went to NY recently, so I'm not sure why NY wants ballistic tests. But I suppose they're being careful and don't believe it's his first rodeo.

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Tampa-police-chief-says-same-gun-used-in-4-slayings-460788553.html

Sorry OT. Hi margarita25, I don't think you ever sleep ;)

Hi back atcha! :)

NY wants ballistics?! (Standard procedure of course, but what if...)
Aaargh I got to catch up!

:scared:

Lifelong friends say he is the best guy ever. New coworkers say he is not friendly and does not fit in.

Wondering what he was like in college in New York

I saw that also. Was it something he'd written, maybe??

You’re right it could be!! Or maybe it was his major and he ended up switching? Weird how he went from sports management to semi-unrelated jobs. I know it’s so incredibly difficult for us to get jobs after college but most people I know try to get one in their field to climb the ladder. (Ex: I was animal science and started off cleaning stalls at the large animal hospital. Then I ended up a veterinary technician at the same place, now I’m in vet school). Idk. I wish we knew more. But I understand why we don’t.

I also thought sports management would be an easy placement to a job after college? Am I wrong?

It could be that whatever source you saw got their information from his Facebook profile. He put in his profile that he studied computer science at St John's.

Yes! That was it. So either he did and changed his major or he felt he needed to make himself look smarter/more successful online and lied? Maybe I am reading too much into this. I’m loopy from not sleeping.

Too bad we didn’t see him **walk** into the police car during the arrest videos because we have studied that gait. It would be reassuring for many of us that they have their man (or....shudder...they don’t)!

Also, if the case goes as exspected, who will collect the large reward at McDonalds? Co-worker GR, the Manager, who?

This video has a short clip of him walking with police to the jail. It's brief.

https://youtu.be/G7yDnSUlSRU?t=57

Yes! That was it. So either he did and changed his major or he felt he needed to make himself look smarter/more successful online and lied? Maybe I am reading too much into this. I’m loopy from not sleeping.

I feel like he probably made it up. His whole facebook was weird.

Lifelong friends say he is the best guy ever. New coworkers say he is not friendly and does not fit in.

Wondering what he was like in college in New York

Something changed this year for him to switch personalities like that. I really want to know what. He did all this because he feels inadequate in his life? Unimportant ? A failure? And being sensationalized by the reporters and taking people’s lives helped him feel powerful again? It’s such a big leap.

I didn't see his linked in before it poofed, but I don't think he was any sort of rising young professional...

rsbm

Lol...I have been trying to find the right words since last night to say exactly what you just said.

BBM

The house on Wood St. is the boarded up one (per photo on Hillsborogh County Property Appraiser).

1704 E WOOD ST

It is located in the Sulphur Springs area.

(Marking for reference, thanks)

Based on the location of the family home. If the killer didn't drive, he would take route 34 east on Hillsborough. That being the case, the timing of the 4th murder is very interesting. According to the bus schedules, route 34 ends service at 1am. However, it resumes service westbound from the Netp@rk Transfer Hub at 4:30am. The approximate time to reach stops between 15th st and Nebraska Ave would be ~4:46am. The killer could have gotten off at either of the two stops available and slipped into Seminole Heights unnoticed right before the final killing at 4:50am.

attachment.php

attachment.php

(This is fantastic, these images...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads