FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the case of a man who murdered his wife, but tried to throw investigators off by shooting 3 more people? He also left bizarre notes at each scene to make it look like a serial killer. A man survived the shooting and was able to give a description of the perp. The wife worked in a parole office and I think the other victims might have worked as parole officers too. I cannot remember in which state this took place. LE was pretty sure he lived in the neighborhood because he was able to just disappear after each shooting. He killed his wife because she was planning on leaving him and getting a divorce.

Anyway, in that case LE used similar investigative measures as in the Tampa shooter case. They too looked at recently paroled people in the area. The seemingly randomness of the victims in Tampa made me think of the above case. This really looks and feels like a thrill killer similar to Son of Sam, although Burkowitz certainly had a certain victim type that he sought out. I'm even afraid he will kill 2 people if he gets the chance. I hope LE is able to catch him before he can shoot anyone else. My stomach knots up when I think about the people who live in Tampa. I cannot imagine the fear they must be experiencing.

many of the homes in SH and along the reported escape routes have tiny sheds in the backyards. it's reported that LE has looked in these but I wonder if perp could be hiding in them intermintently and leaving no traces of his presence.

Yes, a great point. Residents should be on the lookout for any changes/signs of occupancy in their sheds. If you regularly keep the doors closed or store things in a certain manner, don't just assume the wind opened it or knocked something over, etc. Note anything suspicious.

I get the feeling he's been using a "network," if you will, of abandoned homes, sheds, empty commercial buildings, etc., to carry this out.

...I'm even afraid he will kill 2 people if he gets the chance...
Yeah, I could see that. Frankly, he may not have much choice if he wants to continue with the same M.O. The police are stopping to question and actively discouraging anyone out walking the streets alone.

Does anyone remember the case of a man who murdered his wife, but tried to throw investigators off by shooting 3 more people? He also left bizarre notes at each scene to make it look like a serial killer. A man survived the shooting and was able to give a description of the perp. The wife worked in a parole office and I think the other victims might have worked as parole officers too. I cannot remember in which state this took place. LE was pretty sure he lived in the neighborhood because he was able to just disappear after each shooting. He killed his wife because she was planning on leaving him and getting a divorce.

Anyway, in that case LE used similar investigative measures as in the Tampa shooter case. They too looked at recently paroled people in the area. The seemingly randomness of the victims in Tampa made me think of the above case. This really looks and feels like a thrill killer similar to Son of Sam, although Burkowitz certainly had a certain victim type that he sought out. I'm even afraid he will kill 2 people if he gets the chance. I hope LE is able to catch him before he can shoot anyone else. My stomach knots up when I think about the people who live in Tampa. I cannot imagine the fear they must be experiencing.

bbm

Yeah, me too. How many of us, either ourselves or our neighbors or our friends, near or after dark, jump in our cars and run a quick errand; or take a jog around the block; or take out the trash; or go to our cars for a magazine, folder, or phone; or walk the dog before bedtime, etc.? I'm thinking there are lots of folks in Seminole Heights who are now afraid to do those things, although they know whatever it is, may be necessary. Now, many are scared of those "little things" that could get them killed. Dammit.

....and a pattern is now emerging....

Thus far, this crazed shooter has not killed during **the weekend**.

This could be significant for investigators & there could be a variety of reasons why.

This could be significant for investigators & there could be a variety of reasons why.
Maybe he's afraid the family he lives with will notice since they might be home from work and staying up later at night?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Also, since there are usually more people out on the weekends, the suspect may avoid those times due to the higher likelihood of witnesses.

Also, since there are usually more people out on the weekends, the suspect may avoid those times due to the higher likelihood of witnesses.

I have thought that the suspect didn’t see the witness in Mr. Felton’s cold blooded murderer.

Yes.This.

I'd LOVE to know where he's at during the weekend? out of town? working?

Seminole Heights actually seems to be an awesome community, it is amazing the many ways they are all coming together to do good things!
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...ts-supper-to-thank-first-responders_162830769

[h=1]In wake of killings, Seminole Heights hosts supper to thank first responders[/h]
TAMPA — For weeks, Tampa police have saturated Southeast Seminole Heights, working long hours to catch a killer. Today, residents will say thanks with a sit-down supper.

Several dozen volunteers with four neighborhood associations will serve up baked ziti to first responders at the United Methodist Church of Seminole Heights, said Debi Johnson, president of the Old Seminole Heights Neighborhood Association board.

The dinner, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., is the least the residents can do for a police force working to find whoever is responsible for a string of four killings that investigators say are related, Johnson said.

"We’ve had a great amount of support from the Tampa Police Department," Johnson said. "We know the officers are putting in extra time and working extra hard to try to resolve this. We just thought this would be a good way to thank them."

Tampa Fire Rescue personnel, who have responded to the shootings and work every day in the community for routine calls, are also invited to the dinner, a joint effort by Johnson’s group, the Southeast Seminole Heights Civic Association, the Hampton Terrace Neighborhood Association and the South Seminole Heights Civic Association.

Wow wow wow. Any info on this guy? Is it now they are looking for him?

They aren't saying where the crime occurred - this person has 4 arrest records in Jacksonville from 2013, 14, and 15. On one of the news' comments, someone posted the name of a neighborhood which appears to be in Jacksonville and not Tampa -- but it was the "shot 5 times" that stuck out to me when I saw this shared by a friend in Florida.

http://www.wokv.com/news/local/jso-...-home-suspects-motive/rszBpBd2S4pIaeTM2SOb4K/

The pic with the goatee. I think it is very significant that LE said he was shot five times. Why say that instead of multiple times?

Depends on his body, but 5’10” 165 is not that tall or thin. The guy in the vid looks skinny.

Colin Kaelernick (sp. is very thin looking . He is 6’4” and 229pounds)

I reference Colin because he has long thin legs of steel

Jacksonville is about a 4? hour drive from Tampa -- this man is wanted for shooting someone 5 times...tall and thin...

https://www.facebook.com/JacksonvilleSheriffsOffice/videos/10155206303052896

Interesting and scary!
rbbm.
http://jacksonville.com/news/public-safety/2017-11-20/jacksonville-police-suspect-sought-homicide
attachment.php

Police said he is considered armed and dangerous.
The victim in the case was shot five times, then the suspect fled the scene. But police would not release any more information on the shooting incident that Hall is being sought for, calling it an active investigation.
ETA We all noted the 5 shots!

Attachments

• 4895519_web1_soughtsuspect.jpg
    4895519_web1_soughtsuspect.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 301
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online