FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has occurred to me that we now have the minimum 5 data location points needed (and more) to plug in Rossmo's Formula for case study, reference and educational purposes
( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rossmo's_formula ) :

1. Shooting 1
2. Shooting 2
3. Shooting 3
4. Shooting 4
5. McDonalds
6. Abandoned House
7. VARIABLE X/ Residence (if not sleeping at abandoned house or drifting)
8. Family Home
b. Other?
9. School(s)

I am not good at algebra. Maybe Sillybilly or any others numbers people might want to take a look if so inclined? Tia. (I'll page BigCityAccountant)

Secondly, I'd like to see these points in context with the geographic profiling / awareness space triangle that dotr has posted before in another thread.

Third, I want to a look at this "McDonald Triangle" (literally!) that Foxfire mentioned (in a past thread) that I referenced upstream.

(Was that you Foxy trying to give us a clue from the heavens? :heartbeat: )

(O/T question for some of you imaging folks if I please may: What's the best way for someone with limited resources (simple tablet/phone) to create some basic visuals as the ones I mentioned upstream; I basically want to take a map screenshots and draw triangles lol. I thought I'd check if there were any cool apps that maybe have popped up since I last created images which seems to be ages. Thank you in advance. Feel free to pm me so as to not derail here. :wave: )

There still has been nothing, to me, that gives any hints to how a seemingly well liked young man could turn into a serial killer.

Bundy grew up in incedibly horrid circumstances. No surprises there.

Jesse Matthews had bad circumstances and people revealed that he had plenty of issues they saw.

This killer seems to have it all. And most of all, he has a bunch of friends who think he is the best,

He had a six year life in New York that there is just about zero information released yet.Roommates? Buddies?

There have been some info from a former basketball player at college who practiced with HD . Not much complementary. Buddy said he was cocky, arrogant, called fellow players BITC* a lot while playing, had a chip on his shoulder, tough talker and had several confrontations with the coaches.

I wonder if part of HD's problems could have also come from his high school days where he was captain of Alonzo
basketball team, was known as a pretty accomplished player but when he went off to college he was not good enough
athletically to make the team. At home he was a BIG fish in a small pond and in NYC he was a SMALL FISH in a big pond. Crushing blow if you're a lifelong jock and local star. He also may have had problems academically.

Employee did not call the tipline.

[video=youtube;EDHx9_SqxTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDHx9_SqxTY&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=8Kn-SRJJ8uQQlnNq-6[/video]

There have been some info from a former basketball player at college who practiced with HD . Not much complementary. Buddy said he was cocky, arrogant, called fellow players BITC* a lot while playing, had a chip on his shoulder, tough talker and had several confrontations with the coaches.

I wonder if part of HD's problems could have also come from his high school days where he was captain of Alonzo
basketball team, was known as a pretty accomplished player but when he went off to college he was not good enough
athletically to make the team. At home he was a BIG fish in a small pond and in NYC he was a SMALL FISH in a big pond. Crushing blow if you're a lifelong jock and local star. He also may have had problems academically.
The comments you mentioned about his attitude still don't explain much for me. I have 3 younger brothers, and two of them went (one is currently) through a time as student athletes, where they were pretty awful. Both were cocky and had terrible attitudes. I think a lot of it was because they were on high school teams that constantly won championships, and college was a shock for them. 18-early 20s is a rough time for many young people. There are so many things to adjust to. I'm not making excuses for him, I just don't think those indicate future violence. My middle brother is now mid twenties working for one of the largest companies in the world, and doing great for himself. The other is a sophomore student athlete, and just starting to drop the attitude and gain some humility and grace.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you watched the video, at 0:23 they specifically state that crimestoppers IS going to pay their portion of the reward money.

What about the remaining $105,000 ?? Original reward was $110,000.

There still has been nothing, to me, that gives any hints to how a seemingly well liked young man could turn into a serial killer.

Bundy grew up in incedibly horrid circumstances. No surprises there.

Jesse Matthews had bad circumstances and people revealed that he had plenty of issues they saw.

This killer seems to have it all. And most of all, he has a bunch of friends who think he is the best,

He had a six year life in New York that there is just about zero information released yet.Roommates? Buddies?

IIRC Bundy did not have a horrible life. He was on a suicide prevention call-in center, sitting next to or near Ann Rule. Also he was photographed at political cocktail parties with higher up government officials from Washington State. He was very charming and socialable

It's very troublesome to me so many doubt he got his education...there are actual pictures of him in the university bball uniform.

This kind of talk reeks of inherent racism and has turned me off to this thread entirely, I hate to say.

Why is it that an intelligent person can't also suffer from mental illness or have pathological issues? Why do we have to doubt his intelligence or education and make out like he was lying on his accounts?

It's oftentimes the most intelligent among us who have the most trouble adapting to society/the current economy and job market, esp if they come from a marginalized background. Many of us are currently not "living up to our potential" but it has nothing to do with lying about that potential.

Moo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CARIIS is hardly racist that I'm aware of. :rainbow: I don't think anyone here thinks someone can not be intelligent and mentally ill at the same time. I too doubted HD's education myself, but that goes along with my disorganized gangsta type offender (gangsta type based on shooting style) I've been thinking about, as well as my opinion of his resume (padded like). And I'm not white by the way.

I'd like to see his high school records as I still wonder if he wasn't a difficult teen with the school switches. Changed
high schools mid way through his junior year. Why would he do that?

If you watched the video, at 0:23 they specifically state that crimestoppers IS going to pay their portion of the reward money.

But through a different Crimewatcher's fund, firearm-related crimewatcher's fund.

What about the remaining $105,000 ?? Original reward was $110,000.

That's what I'm talking about! Is it just varying amounts from different businesses and individuals in the Seminole Heights area?

It seems there is always small print involved when it comes to rewards for crimes. I cannot remember the exact amount, but in Shirley Dermond's case there was a reward for information leading to locating her. Two fisherman came upon her body at Lake Oconee. They never received the reward because it didn't lead to the arrest of the guilty party. Just my opinion.

Did anyone in the family ever live in that home? Was it always vacant since the Donaldson family owned it? I think your assessment of the home being a hideout is correct.

Jumping off your post, a lot of nefarious activities happen at abandoned homes, specifically drugs.

"Around Easter, Keyworth said, he and a group of buddies got together for a friendly game of pickup. When Donaldson was fouled, they saw rage in his eyes.

"His demeanor was different," Keyworth said. "It was something that was talked about among our close group of friends."

They wondered what the problem could be, if the stress of not succeeding as a college basketball player had gotten to him. Or perhaps he had fallen in with the wrong crowd. Maybe he was having issues with a woman he was dating at the University of Central Florida.

"There was something going on," Keyworth said. "I didn’t want to pry because I figured if he wanted to talk, he would talk. But his diction changed. He was more aggressive in the way he talked. He had more of an edge. He had a fuse. I didn’t remember this kid being like this."

The last time Keyworth heard from Donaldson was via text on October 3. That was the day the Tampa Police Department said he bought the gun used in the Seminole Heights killings."

IIRC Bundy did not have a horrible life. He was on a suicide prevention call-in center, sitting next to or near Ann Rule. Also he was photographed at political cocktail parties with higher up government officials from Washington State. He was very charming and socialable

His childhood however, wasn't as charmed.

I think some folks with sports management and communications degrees might very much disagree with you. Many non-pro athlete and nonathlete students who are interested in sports go into those majors. I know several graduates of such programs with great jobs in those fields. [emoji106]

I don’t understand the perception that a sports management or communications major would be any less valid or challenging than, say, a business management and communications major, tbh.

That said, did Trai graduate? Looks like he might have had a couple internship-type jobs (since each lasted several months apiece). I’m speculating. ... I’m still catching up on this thread.

Certainly... as I said... *some* schools, not all.

There are schools where the athletic program is important enough to, let's say facilitate the academic performance of athletes who might otherwise struggle. The Big 10 school I attended gave top priority in scheduling to athletes, provided personal tutors as necessary, often had separate sections for certain classes specifically for athletes, have certain majors they steer athletes into... And still occasionally would have difficulty keeping certain star athletes at an acceptable GPA to maintain their qualification.

Not that anybody cares how the athletes are *really* doing academically...

https://scout.com/college/temple/Bo...-of-Student-Athletes-not-our-problem-70987163

After years of making the case that the education of athletes is paramount, the NCAA now says it has no legal responsibility to make sure education is actually delivered.

Now, this guy was far from a star athlete, and I have no idea how important the sports program is to St Johns... just saying that some programs may not actually be geared to those who want to pursue a professional career.

Oh, and, yes, the school confirmed that he graduated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member