FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard about cases in the past where college athletes are passed in class when they really should fail. (Not saying this is the case here, just adding to your post.)

Was he on an athletic scholarship?
No, no athletic scholarship, he wasn't even good enough to be a walk on. (Quote & link in previous post).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He had a few ig accounts, all private. There are two twitter accounts, one private and one with only a few tweets from 2010. @trai4 and @traidonaldson

rsbm A lot of spam posts from apps etc, but if you scroll back far enough you see a bunch of posts about basketball, all of which he signs off with the phrase 'killing the competition'. Although they're from a few years ago, it's pretty creepy in retrospect.

(Reflecting on this phrase now, in context to him later randomly killing people)...)

Hey, wait a minute, could all of these victims maybe had ties to the beauty salon? Did he ever work at the salon? Hang out there? Sorry if this has been covered. If so, when?

Also, maybe we can search that phrase to see if he uses it elsewhere....

If we take this phrase, maybe reading too much into it or not, but considering the crimes he is charged with, how would these victims be killing the competition?

A local reporter asked HD's old friends about girls and the friends agreed that HD had no problem getting girls.
One article mentioned he had a girlfriend who went to UCF (University of Central Florida) but I don't know if that was
a current or old gf.

Google results say that's in Orlando.

University of Central Florida
Public university in Orlando, Florida

OMG just had a thought...

Did St Johns basketball team ever travel to Ft. Collins, CO to play CSU by any chance in April, May and June of 2015? Was he on the team then? (Asking in reference to the unsolved random shooting cases here).

(Eta:note to self, look at CSU sports schedules in NOCO)
He may not have had a gun then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anthony Naiobas father went to mcdonalds to thank the manager and then went to a Columbian restaurant to thank the owner for giving the mcdonalds manager $9,000. Huh?
Was this part of the arranged award money???

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...personally-thank-McDonald-s-manager_163148087

They want to thank restaurant manager Delonda Walker, who police say alerted an officer having lunch Tuesday when Howell Emanuel Donaldson III, an employee, handed her a McDonald’s bag with a gun inside.

Snip

After visiting the restaurant, Naiboa said the family is going to head over to the Columbia Restaurant to thank owner Richard Gonzmart, who gave $9,000 to Walker, Then the family will walk over to The Ritz, a club in Ybor City where his son wanted to see a show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

YES! Agreed. He does look very conventional. Well-groomed, educated, fashionable. Thank you. <3

My impression of the sign with his fingers was more about what he was wearing at the time and striking a pose. That jacket he was wearing when captured, I get the impression from the screenshots, the clips, the seams, and the collar, that he had it on under his thin rain hoodie in the security footage. It kinda looks like 80's disco band wear to me, a little Grace Jones, Sylvester or Cool and the Gang more than gangsta, compared to other images of him which seem very conventional.

Alleged Florida Serial Killer Arrested: What We Know
After a six-week hunt in Tampa, police have arrested Howell Emanuel Donaldson III in connection with four shooting deaths

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/alleged-florida-serial-killer-arrested-what-we-know-w512946

(snip)

According to the Washington Post, Donaldson has an address about 10 miles east Seminole Heights. His family lives in the Sulphur Springs.

(snip)

With Donaldson out of sight, the manager approached a police officer doing paperwork inside the McDonald's and told them about the firearm and that Donaldson mentioned leaving the state. ABC News reported that the officer looked into the bag, saw the .40-caliber Glock loaded with Sig brand Smith & Wesson ammunition, and called backup just before 3 p.m. Officers were waiting for Donaldson when he returned to the restaurant parking lot.

(snip)

In part, the arrest is a relief for police department, which received over 5,000 tips during the investigation and dispatched undercover officers into the neighborhood. The investigation is being called the largest police effort in Hillsborough County since the search for cop-killer Dontae Morris in 2010.

(snip)

Despite the seriousness of the charges, Donaldson "seemed fine to me, which is a strange answer for me to give, because why is he out murdering people?" Dugan said. "He seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing and what was going on. He was very much aware of where he was and what he was doing."

From what I understand about how walkons work is they are basically showing up themselves and trying out for the team and it sounds like the team gave him a chance to see how well he could do and then what happens is the team will announce a final roster before the season really starts and that is where they would let anyone go that did not make the cut.

I think i read where all the walkons did not make the team that year that he tried. So he wasnt the only walkon who didnt make the cut. Kids that are recruited from high school by colleges are often offered scholarships to attend the university and play the sport they were recruited for. I am pretty sure they are a little more favored than walkons since they were actively recruited to play but then again the kids that are recruited and offered scholarships are usually only the best high school players so it may not be favoritism at all. The recruited scholarship kids may very well be better players than any normal walk on.

With that said, some great football players were walkons in college and if they are noticed and play really well then a school will definitely keep them on the team and let them join the team. Its also my understanding that if a walkon does make the team then shortly after that, they are usually recommended for a scholarship by the program to help them financially with the required course work. So walkons can get sports scholarships too but it is usually only if they make the team and are great players.

Sorry to reply to my own post but just wanted to share an experience I once saw that demonstrates how special a player must be before a high caliber program like St. Johns' basketball would notice them and sign them to the team.

BTW my Dad took me to some St. Johns basketball games when I was little and living in NYC so I am familiar with the school. Its a highly competitive basketball oriented school in NY. Basketball is their sport in that school.

Lots of kids are what would be considered very good sports players but people that are able to make it onto a quality caliber team from a popular program like St Johns basketball have to be beyond good. They basically have to be great.

I saw this first hand at another school where I was invited to some pre-season baseball practice with some friends I had that had already made the baseball team. I considered myself an average ball player and decided to join them at practice to maybe learn a thing or two. After seeing these guys play ball and watching their strong arms and how the outfielders were able to throw a line drive all the way from the outfield all the way to home plate on a ripping line drive with no arc, I humbly realized these guys were way way way above me in skillset. In a nutshell they were great players. Not average players by any means.

What I learned that day is you do have to be a pretty darn good player before a high caliber college team will take notice and pick you from the walkons to make the team.

Sorry to reply to my own post but just wanted to share an experience I once saw that demonstrates how special a player must be before a high caliber program like St. Johns' basketball would notice them and sign them to the team.

BTW my Dad took me to some St. Johns basketball games when I was little and living in NYC so I am familiar with the school. Its a highly competitive basketball oriented school in NY. Basketball is their sport in that school.

Lots of kids are what would be considered very good sports players but people that are able to make it onto a quality caliber team from a popular program like St Johns basketball have to be beyond good. They basically have to be great.

I saw this first hand at another school where I was invited to some pre-season baseball practice with some friends I had that had already made the baseball team. I considered myself an average ball player and decided to join them at practice to maybe learn a thing or two. After seeing these guys play ball and watching their strong arms and how the outfielders were able to throw a line drive all the way from the outfield all the way to home plate on a ripping line drive with no arc, I humbly realized these guys were way way way above me in skillset. In a nutshell they were great players. Not average players by any means.

What I learned that day is you do have to be a pretty darn good player before a high caliber college team will take notice and pick you from the walkons to make the team.

Agreed. Keep going, as Foxfire would say. Thank you. Lovely.

YES! Agreed. He does look very conventional. Well-groomed, educated, fashionable. Thank you. <3

Except what he wore when caught and out murdering wasn't so conventional. More something you'd wear to clubs, I guess? How come he didn't kill in his conventional clothes?

Seems extremely premeditated.

'I Gotta Know This Guy.' Suspected Serial Killer Described as Charming and Charismatic
By Tamara Lush / AP 8:51 PM EST

http://time.com/5044333/tampa-serial-killer-suspect-friends/

&#8220;You couldn&#8217;t write me a check or give me ten million in cash to say he possibly did that,&#8221; he said Thursday, the same day the man he calls his &#8220;godbrother&#8221; made his initial court appearance, charged with four counts of first-degree murder. &#8220;I can&#8217;t just call him my friend, because that doesn&#8217;t do justice. God could not have made us closer unless we were blood brothers.&#8221;

IMO, slim-fitting cowl-neck sweaters are pretty stylish and conventional right now, generally speaking, among fashionable younger adult men and women. I mean he looked conventional as in what's generally popular to wear among that group.

In my experience, sweaters as clubwear would be more unconventional, especially someplace warm like Florida. Just my own opinion, and I'm definitely no style or fashion expert!!

And totally, it all looks extremely premeditated to me, too. Chillingly so.

Except what he wore when caught and out murdering wasn't so conventional. More something you'd wear to clubs, I guess?

[video=youtube;usplnfCSNHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usplnfCSNHI[/video]

Is his coworker in this video saying that LE asked her to give them a positive ID based on a photo they had ALREADY had of him?

Am i understanding this correctly? They had a picture of him the whole time?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

A local reporter asked HD's old friends about girls and the friends agreed that HD had no problem getting girls.
One article mentioned he had a girlfriend who went to UCF (University of Central Florida) but I don't know if that was
a current or old gf.

I'm doing a little poking around Orlando (o/t, and found this...this suspect is in custody, sad case, guy walked into a hospital and randomly killed 2 people: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...h-medical-center-shooting-20160717-story.html )

I wish we could find out when he dated the girl in Orlando.

Did they recently break up?

Please move on over to Thread #3.

This thread is now closed.

ETA: Leave the race convo outside the front door please or you'll find yourself on the outside looking in for a bit.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member