FL - Marco Uti, 2, beaten to death, Miami Beach, 7 May 2000

I have two things to say that may anger some of you. No. 1. He didn't do this to "her." He did it to her child. Secondly, most of you know how I feel about mothers who let their "boyfriends" care for their children. That baby should NEVER have been in the cara of this man.

Fink said he was surprised the jury had come back with a first-degree murder conviction. ''This is not a careful, premeditated plan,'' he said.

Fink had argued that the jury should find Marko's death an ''excusable homicide'' or manslaughter, but not murder. He said prosecutors had no evidence that Leyva intentionally injured the child.

''I don't believe he should be in prison for the rest of his life,'' Fink said. ``In some way, he just lost it.''
They told the jury that the toddler was the victim of a savage beating in May 2000. The boy suffered broken ribs, a split liver and pancreas, a cracked skull and a bruised heart.

A medical examiner testified the child had also been burned and bitten, and had too many bruises to count.

golfmom said:
Fink had argued that the jury should find Marko's death an ''excusable homicide'' or manslaughter, but not murder. He said prosecutors had no evidence that Leyva intentionally injured the child.

''I don't believe he should be in prison for the rest of his life,'' Fink said. ``In some way, he just lost it.''

"Excusable homicide"????????? I think self-defense is the ONLY thing that fits that description.

What if this dude "looses it" in the future? If someone can do all that damage to a baby, imagine what he could do to a grownup. People like this guy are the reason that prisons were built in the first place!

Jeana (DP) said:
"Excusable homicide"????????? I think self-defense is the ONLY thing that fits that description.

What if this dude "looses it" in the future? If someone can do all that damage to a baby, imagine what he could do to a grownup. People like this guy are the reason that prisons were built in the first place!

That's why I wanted to test to see if the attorney was really a human. :(

Jeana (DP) said:
I have two things to say that may anger some of you. No. 1. He didn't do this to "her." He did it to her child. Secondly, most of you know how I feel about mothers who let their "boyfriends" care for their children. That baby should NEVER have been in the cara of this man.

Technically I agree with you.
But we differ in that she evidently trusted this guy enough to have him care for the child.
There were no indications that he had done anything like this before, or that she had abused or neglected the child.
She did leave the child with a caregiver, she didn't leave him alone.
Single parents have to work, therefore they have to leave their child with someone other than themselves.
He did do something to her. He killed her child, leaving her a lifetime to grieve for the child, and to suffer guilt because she was the one who left the child with him- a person she trusted.
I can agree when the alleged mothers of children leave them with persons know to be abusive to the children, or with known drug/alcohol histories, or to be unresponsible people or too young to be caring for a child. Or with alleged mothers who just seem to leave the kids with anyone they can park them with, for as long as they can get by with parking them there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back