FL FL - Mark Jackson, 35, Fort Lauderdale, 27 June 2004

Since 1995, four gay men have been reported missing under similar circumstances from the Tampa / St. Pete area. I wonder if Mark's disappearance has any connection with these other guys. I don't know FL so I'm not sure how close Ft. Lauderdale is to St. Pete's.

See their website at:

http://www.findjasonnow.com/case.htm

Thanks Lakergirl,
Tampa and Fort Lauderdale are not real close but you never know if there is a connection or not. Im hoping that the detectives are checking into all angles of the case. One thing that I recently thought of is this. What if something happened to Mark at the condo and someone was able to get his body into the garbage dumpster. That just happened with the Lori Hacking case. Even though they new the husband put her body in the trash dumpster it took them so long to find her body. If they had not been searching in the trash dump, would she have ever turned up?
Kevin

KRD1969 said:
Thanks Lakergirl,
Tampa and Fort Lauderdale are not real close but you never know if there is a connection or not. Im hoping that the detectives are checking into all angles of the case. One thing that I recently thought of is this. What if something happened to Mark at the condo and someone was able to get his body into the garbage dumpster. That just happened with the Lori Hacking case. Even though they new the husband put her body in the trash dumpster it took them so long to find her body. If they had not been searching in the trash dump, would she have ever turned up?
Kevin

You're right, Lori would never have been found if they hadn't spend months looking through the trash for her! The same could have easily happened with Mark. They said they saw him enter but not exit the building...

scary! Praying for Mark!

Sounds like a possibility to me...
What else could have happened, if they dont think he left the building ????

I think this friend, whom the article says was actually his love interest, is more of a suspect than ever, IMO. Victims are usually killed by their significant other, if there is one. Sounds like a lover's quarrel that went awry, esp. the part about one wanting more from the relationship than the other did. I think this man knows exactly what happened to Mark.

FROM THE ARTICLE:

Depressed over lack of relationship
John Bass, a North Carolina resident, was visiting Jackson when he disappeared. Bass has told police that when he woke up on the morning of June 26, Jackson was gone.

Bass did not return a phone call inquiring about the night Jackson disappeared.

Curcio said Bass “is not a suspect because we haven’t been able to prove there’s a crime.” He said Bass had been interviewed and polygraphed several times.

But Curcio declined to say whether or not Bass had passed all the polygraph tests. Curcio noted that Bass has no criminal record.

Curcio confirmed that Jackson and Bass were dating.

“[Bass] didn’t want a long-term relationship, and Jackson did,” Curcio said.

According to Curcio, Jackson “had depression issues” and suffered from sleep disorders. He said Jackson had told friends that he was frustrated over his inability to establish a long-term relationship.

Jackson’s friends confirmed that he often expressed frustration over his inability to find a long-term boyfriend.

Curcio said Jackson used both club drugs and prescription medication for depression. He said 14 vials containing residue of crystal meth and GHB were found in Jackson’s apartment.

ME AGAIN:

Does anyone think that he could have gone out and been picked up by someone else? This guy (the visitor) had absolutely no reason to take lie detector tests unless he was trying to prove his innocence. I can't believe he'd do it if he were guilty and they had absolutely no evidence whatever.

Jeana (DP) said:
FROM THE ARTICLE:

Does anyone think that he could have gone out and been picked up by someone else? This guy (the visitor) had absolutely no reason to take lie detector tests unless he was trying to prove his innocence. I can't believe he'd do it if he were guilty and they had absolutely no evidence whatever.

If Jackson was feeling badly that Bass didn't want a serious relationship, then he might have gone out because he was upset.

Bumping for Mark, and those who miss him.

-Amanda

That is really strange. The cases are so similiar but happened so far apart time wise from each other. Does anyone know if the other guys were ever found?

Gosh, no news on this poor man's disappearance. It's like he just fell off the face of the earth. Someone has to know something. His poor parents. I hope there is a break soon.
Karen

To litterally vanish without a trace seems impossible. Sadly, just from websleuths we know it happens and SO OFTEN law enforcement does nothing to find our loved ones.

It does seem that Ft Lauderdale LE have pursued some leads. Let's pray that something new is brought to light by someone.
My heart aches for Mark's family.

Bumping for Mark; praying for him and his family.

Chrystal Newman said:
Has there been any new news in this poor mans case?

Sadly, no news at all.

Prayers for Mark, and those who search.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Wow, still no news on this man. I really want to know what happened to him.
Karen

How can so many people just disappear and never be heard from again? I find it especially strange that Mark would leave his condo without taking his key so that he could get back in again. I guess if him and his friend had a argument he may have left in a huff or left to cool down but to leave everything behind?

Did they ever find out anything about the camera and why it wasn't working? That just sounds suspect to me. There must have been foul play as Mark doesn't seem like the kind of person to just take off....especially with no car, keys, wallet, etc. He might have been depressed but if he did something to himself he would have been found by now.

I wonder how long he had known his visitor and if they met over the internet.
My heart goes out to Mark's parents. I don't know how people survive a child missing and especially for this long. Such a sad situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back