GUILTY FL - Markeis McGlockton, killed following parking dispute, Clearwater, 19 July 2018

I just wanted to type out a few quotes from the arrest warrant, for reference and because I found them of particular interest. YMMV

[BJ] saw Michael Drejka and thought his behavior was unusual as he walked around her car looking into her windows. She became concerned for the safety of her children...Still in fear, she cracked her window and asked him what his problem was.

Customer interviewed:
[Witness] indicated that Michael Drejka appeared confrontational. He thought about intervening on behalf of [BJ]. [Witness] opened the door to the convenience store where he saw Markeis McGlockton at the counter. He told him that there was an altercation and he might want to get involved.

Markeis McGlockton immediately backs up when confronted with the firearm. as he backs up to his vehicle he begins to turn towards the front of the store away from the shooter. As he turns away from Michal Drejka, Michael Drejka fires one shot.

[Drejka] indicated he was tackled by Markeis McGlockton...He did not see McGlockton's hands or face.

In reference to a prior incident involving Mr. Drejka and his firearm.
Tyler immediately realized he could not carry on a productive conversation with Michal Drejka and told him to please call law enforcement and he would deal with them in handling the situation.

Also describes that Mr. Drejka threatened people for not going "fast enough" in a school zone and for yielding to a yellow light at an intersection. Neither of which are breaking the law; exactly the opposite. It appears by those stories that Mr. Drejka has made a habit of threatening others, and not just when he was concerned about unlawful behavior.

Link
Michael Drejka Arrest Warrant 081318

Shooter in Clearwater stand your ground appears before judge

LARGO — Michael Drejka, the man accused of killing Markeis McGlockton in a shooting that reignited a debate over Florida’s stand your ground law, appeared for the first time before a judge this afternoon.

He was appointed a public defender and his bail remained unchanged at $100,000. If he is released, he will have to wear an ankle monitor and stay in Pinellas County. Prosecutor Fred Schaub said the state is also in the process of suspending Drejka’s concealed carry permit.

LARGO — Michael Drejka, the man accused of killing Markeis McGlockton in a shooting that reignited a debate over Florida’s stand your ground law, appeared for the first time before a judge this afternoon.

He was appointed a public defender and his bail remained unchanged at $100,000. If he is released, he will have to wear an ankle monitor and stay in Pinellas County. Prosecutor Fred Schaub said the state is also in the process of suspending Drejka’s concealed carry permit.
I'm glad they're addressing his permit. Imo, he should never be legally allowed to touch a firearm for the rest of his life. Any weapon, really, although it's debatable as to whether he would still initiate altercations without his firearm. I highly doubt it.

I'm glad they're addressing his permit. Imo, he should never be legally allowed to touch a firearm for the rest of his life. Any weapon, really, although it's debatable as to whether he would still initiate altercations without his firearm. I highly doubt it.
I agree. From reading about his past incidents he felt safe to accost others because of his weapon.
Glad he is off the streets as he was and is a danger to others. IMO

Interestingly, Markeis is listed as being 5 feet 9 inches and 175 lbs in his records with Pinellas County. Drejka is listed as 5 feet 10 inches and 225 lbs in his arrest records. So we can end the speculation that Markeis was larger. And I concur with those who stated Drejka does not look weak or frail or old in the videos and photos from the booking. The arrest affidavit states Drejka was pushed to the ground. I suggest everyone read it, thanks for the link @flourish

I also found the 3D analysis of the video determining the distance to be 12 feet at the time of the incident quite interesting. Drejka confirmed that in his own interview where he reenacted the scene.

I am relieved charges have been brought.

I reported the thread because I thought it was supposed to be closed but I hope a channel for discussion remains open and that we can all be civil and keep conversation flowing within the TOS. This is an important issue and an important case.

Interestingly, Markeis is listed as being 5 feet 9 inches and 175 lbs in his records with Pinellas County. Drejka is listed as 5 feet 10 inches and 225 lbs in his arrest records. So we can end the speculation that Markeis was larger. And I concur with those who stated Drejka does not look weak or frail or old in the videos and photos from the booking. The arrest affidavit states Drejka was pushed to the ground. I suggest everyone read it, thanks for the link @flourish

I also found the 3D analysis of the video determining the distance to be 12 feet at the time of the incident quite interesting. Drejka confirmed that in his own interview where he reenacted the scene.

I am relieved charges have been brought.

I reported the thread because I thought it was supposed to be closed but I hope a channel for discussion remains open and that we can all be civil and keep conversation flowing within the TOS. This is an important issue and an important case.
BBM. And I thought that MM was twice his size.

I think the arrest warrant is so clear and concise about the incident. So many times we wish for a video of a crime from start to end. We have it in this case. The affiant in the warrant created a vivid picture of this defendant. I am so sorry for all of the people who encounter the defendant. If only one had pressed charges, Mr. McGlockton would still be alive in all likelihood. Who would pull a gun on teens who slow down and stop when the light turns yellow? I think we will hear more about his mercurial character as time goes on---the couple of instances in the document are pretty scary.

I think the arrest warrant is so clear and concise about the incident. So many times we wish for a video of a crime from start to end. We have it in this case. The affiant in the warrant created a vivid picture of this defendant. I am so sorry for all of the people who encounter the defendant. If only one had pressed charges, Mr. McGlockton would still be alive in all likelihood. Who would pull a gun on teens who slow down and stop when the light turns yellow? I think we will hear more about his mercurial character as time goes on---the couple of instances in the document are pretty scary.

I would honestly be terrified if someone pointed a gun at me while driving.

He was appointed a public defender. Subject to change, I'm sure, but as of today, that's where it stands.

So no worries about anyone "wasting" his money at this point.

Let the lawyers’ games begin!

Florida judge sets August trial date in Michael Drejka 'stand your ground' killing case
John Trevena, Drejka’s defense attorney tells ABC Action News new evidence in the case could help a jury rule in the shooter’s favor.

Trevena says the toxicology report indicates Markeis McGlockton had drugs including ecstasy in his system. He also says an independent witness heard Britany Jacobs, McGlockton’s girlfriend tell Drejka, “My boyfriend is gonna *advertiser censored** you up. He’s going to kill you,” moments before the fatal shot was fired. Trevena hopes to enter both pieces of information into evidence for the future trial.

"This is a man who was a bully, who beat on pregnant females and has a history of violence with police officers and other individuals. So to characterize him as a saint or a victim is a farce,” Trevena said about McGlockton.

I think he will be acquitted with this new evidence that came out.

For the sake of justice and everything moral in this world, let's hope not.

And what new evidence? The article says
"An autopsy conducted on McGlockton indicates the bullet traveled at a slightly upward angle, consistent with video that appears to show him backing up and turning away from the shooter."

The lies that McGlockton was much larger have been dispelled, Drejka was nearly twice his size.

It will be a tragedy if he's acquitted and another stain on America and prove that this country does value certain lives over others

For the sake of justice and everything moral in this world, let's hope not.

And what new evidence? The article says
"An autopsy conducted on McGlockton indicates the bullet traveled at a slightly upward angle, consistent with video that appears to show him backing up and turning away from the shooter."

The lies that McGlockton was much larger have been dispelled, Drejka was nearly twice his size.

It will be a tragedy if he's acquitted and another stain on America and prove that this country does value certain lives over others

That he was doped on ecstacy, and the girlfriend yelling her boyfriend was gonna “f*ck” him up. And this has nothing to do with race. You keep making it that way and it’s not. what it’s about is a man felt his life was in danger and he shot. ‍♀️

That he was doped on ecstacy, and the girlfriend yelling her boyfriend was gonna “f*ck” him up. And this has nothing to do with race. You keep making it that way and it’s not. what it’s about is a man felt his life was in danger and he shot. ‍♀️

But how is a life in danger when someone is walking away? The autopsy proved that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back