FL - Markeis McGlockton shot and killed in front of family, Clearwater, July 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
All MD was doing was expressing his First Amendment rights.
But the posters here on this forum seem to want to deny him those rights. Its very close to fascism.
Agreed. He only became a threat when he angrily confronted the woman while his hand was near his waist band.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending MM. Rather, I am just pointing out that if Djeka has broad rights of self defense, so does the woman. Could she have perceived a threat, then killed him?

For the umpteenth time, the Sheriff said that both MD and BJ said in statements that there were no threats between them. It was just a verbal argument.

Deadly force situations can escalate very quickly. They do not have to follow a pattern of: Argument - threat- attack. Rather, they can go: Argument - attack.

No some and mirrors at all..... I just advocate that the woman be given the same broad self defense rights as Deka. Heck, even MM warrants the same standard:

- I noticed a man loitering in the area before w/o purpose. He then peers into my girl friends car while circling it. Maybe evaluating vulnerabilities? We don't know this man- and have no idea what his intent is.

- The man then initiates a confrontation. He is angry and his hand is near his waistband. The fact that he is a dozen or so feet mean nothing with a pistol. Neither does his age, physical condition, socio economic status etc. Sensing an imminent threat from a vigilante- I pre-empitively killed him.

Makes sense to me.... .

Last edited:
Agreed. He only became a threat when he angrily confronted the woman while his hand was near his waist band.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending MM. Rather, I am just pointing out that if Djeka has broad rights of self defense, so does the woman. Could she have perceived a threat, then killed him?
No, because no reasonable person would expect that discussion to become violent. If D had grabbed her, hit her, slammed her to the concrete, any physical attack, if he waved his gun at her, brandished a knife or other weapon, threatened her with violence or death, then she could be reasonably afraid for her life. No difference from D's self defense, he wasn't in danger until MM's surprise attack upon him.

You keep making things up that simply didn't happen, then when you are proved wrong, you just make something else up. Drejka never circled her car. He checked the back plate, as thats where the permit should be, then he checked the front plate as he walked by. I think he was hoping that the person would move because of it. He then began to walk away, saying over his shoulder that she was in a handicapped space.

Problem is that some people decided this case is unjust without looking at all the evidence clearly. Now they try to bend evidence to fit their narrative, mainly trying to paint MD as some sort of monster. The fairytales I've heard about this guy are incredible. He was screaming profanity, he was banging on her window, he was circling her car, he waited 4 seconds before shooting, and on and on. Yet, on the other hand, there is nothing but sympathy for the person that parked in a handicapped spot, the person that argued after clearly being busted, and the person that physically attacked MD another man without warning.
"Being busted?" Dude was a parking lot vigilante, not a person of any authority.

Last edited:
Deadly force situations can escalate very quickly. They do not have to follow a pattern of: Argument - threat- attack. Rather, they can go: Argument - attack.

No some and mirrors at all..... I just advocate that the woman be given the same broad self defense rights as Deka. Heck, even MM warrants the same standard:

- I noticed a man loitering in the area before w/o purpose. He then peers into my girl friends car while circling it. Maybe evaluating vulnerabilities? We don't know this man- and have no idea what his intent is.

- The man then initiates a confrontation. He is angry and his hand is near his waistband. The fact that he is a dozen or so feet mean nothing with a pistol. Neither does his age, physical condition, socio economic status etc. Sensing an imminent threat from a vigilante- I pre-empitively killed him.

Makes sense to me.... .
The woman has exactly the same self defense rights as D. If D had slammed her to the ground, she could shoot to defend herself.

Wow, I had no idea I had the power to be a fascist!

The first amendment involves the government not being allowed to infringe on free speech. This isn't a government body, it's a website. Owned by a private citizen.

All MD was doing was expressing his First Amendment rights.
But the posters here on this forum seem to want to deny him those rights. Its very close to fascism.

Feeling threatened does not justify deadly force under the statute.
Actually it does. Here is the law

Under Section 776.012, Florida Statutes (Florida's “Stand Your Ground” Law), a person is justified in using deadly force (and does not have a duty to retreat) if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony or to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.

And when MM slammed D into the concrete, it was reasonable for D to fear that the beating would continue. Self defense means you don't have to meekly submit to a beating just because you're weaker.

Too bad, I guess, that the GF didn't just shoot the bully first, then, when he was being threatening. Then those kids would still have their father.
The only bully was MM and he died because he couldn't act in a civilized manner. He slammed a older weaker person into the concrete because that person dared to tell that woman that she was parked in a handicapped space. You don't respond to words with a surprise attack. Hopefully the children won't grow up to be like their father.

The only bully was MM and he died because he couldn't act in a civilized manner. He slammed a older weaker person into the concrete because that person dared to tell that woman that she was parked in a handicapped space. You don't respond to words with a surprise attack. Hopefully the children won't grow up to be like their father.
Not at all how I see it. Agree to disagree. This parking lot vigilante should not be harassing women and children. He was wrong and someone's dead now. I hope the children become advocates for change (hopefully change occurs prior to that, though).

Last edited:
Not at all how I see it. Agree to disagree. This parking lot vigilant should not be harassing women and children. He was wrong and someone's dead now. I hope the children become advocates for change (hopefully change occurs prior to that, though).
Hopefully the change will be to not surprise attack people because you don't like them talking to your woman. That would save lives. D is lucky to have survived his encounter with MM that day.

As I see it, the people who think that this was justified are wildly exaggerating making MM into giant of a man and making MD into a frail old man, making a shove into pummeling using fists and feet, and making out that he spoke to her politely. Using the F word to a stranger, man or woman, is not polite and is profanity.
Funny, MMs dad referred to him as a "gentle giant", so I don't think anybody is exaggerating his size. MD weighs in at 15olbs, no exaggeration there either. And it was the police chief that stressed that it wasn't a push, it was a violent attack, so you are wrong again.

There is an extended version of the video out there and even win that MD never gets up off the ground. I don't think you comprehend what it feels like to get a two handed shot to the chest from a strong 300lbs man. Just a shove, right :rolleyes:

His hands at his waistband? His hands were at his side, where any normal human being keeps them. I've watched that video a hundred times and I have yet to see anything that looks even the slightest bit menacing about MD. He has his hands at his sides, but he is constantly gesturing with them. Never does he look to be reaching to the back of his right hip where his gun actually was.

Makes sense to me.... .
I don't suggest you try that out, you'll find yourself in prison pretty quickly.

Hopefully people learn from this how to handle someone parking in the handicap parking spot, learn the importance of anger control, and the dangers of vigilante justice.

All this over a little rectangle of asphalt.
how about not parking in that spot unless you have a permit, especially if there are no other cars in the lot.

Not at all how I see it. Agree to disagree. This parking lot vigilante should not be harassing women and children. He was wrong and someone's dead now. I hope the children become advocates for change (hopefully change occurs prior to that, though).
He wasn't wrong, and I wish there were more people like him. I wish there were fewer people out there that use their size to intimidate people though.

how about not parking in that spot unless you have a permit, especially if there are no other cars in the lot.
Of course that would be helpful. However, in the very likely case people will still do that, there are appropriate and proper procedures for handling it, as outlined upthread. Again, it's the job of law enforcement to address that issue, not civilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard