FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember a few of the 9-11 terrorists spent their last night with prostitutes. Must be some perk for martyrs.

Unfortunately, the ones who oked the parents to live here couldn't foresee the future. :(

The parents were most likely allowed to immigrate during the Russian/Afghan war. Back then we weren't having much of a problem with terrorism, the Taliban didn't yet exist and Osama Bin Laden was a kid fighting in the trenches against the Russians.

Now we are having a problem. The people that make the decisions TODAY can foresee the future.

Still so sadly distressed about this tragedy. There is a young victim from Philadelphia, Akyra Murray, 18 years old. She was in Orlando with family celebrating her graduation from high school, just last week. (my granddaughter did the same upon her high school graduation-trip to Orlando). This beautiful child had a full scholarship to college-her poor parents dropped her off at the club-then got a call from her-she was shot and bleeding-poor baby didn't make it. Two cousins were shot also-pray they all recover. My heart hurts so much just looking at the victims'names.

Pat S

Oh, this is easy. If you wish death on someone. Or on a whole group of people. If you advocate violence...that crosses the line. If the KKK is agitating for the death of people of a certain race, arrest them. If the Black Panthers are inciting people to "kill Whitey" , arrest them. We don't need to sing Kumbaya. We can really, really dislike each other. But when you bring an Iranian Imam to town to say it's "compassionate" to kill Gays...that is intolerable.

Advocating death or violence. That should be something we ALL agree on. Who even wants to hear that verbal vomit?

I don't want to hear it, but, again, I'll bring up Ted Nugent brandishing two machine guns, in front of thousands, and saying he wants our POTUS to suck on them, and then a Senator invites him to the White House for the President's SOTU Address. People said, welllll, he's just crazy Ted, and has freedom of speech and expression. Should either of those two people be in jail? I'm thinking I might have been in jail if it were me doing that.

The parents were most likely allowed to immigrate during the Russian/Afghan war. Back then we weren't having much of a problem with terrorism, the Taliban hadn't even gained power.

Now we are having a problem. The people that make the decisions TODAY can foresee the future.

Exactly. Wasn't US training Osama Bin Laden back then? There was no way for whoever accepted the father to figure out what was going to happen all these years later.

IMO Islam should be banned as it is not compatible with the US Constitution. Arab Muslims don't assimilate and no country has ever bettered themselves by allowing muslim immigration. No one should be allowed to immigrate here from any country that bans churches & synagogues, stones women and gays to death and subjects young girls to butter knife clitorectomies. Europe, as you knew it, is GONE.

I don't lock the windows, I conceal and carry at all times. I am an American who happens to be Jewish. I love life, freedom & country and I'm 100% islamophobic. I don't consider that a bad thing

Bet you haven't been to Europe, at least recently. I just returned from 3 weeks in the Netherlands and Belgium. Europe is alive and well. Brussels is alive and well.

This just occurred to me. I went this morning. That was concrete, news kinda thing. I have noticed, from local news, there are tons of sad things going on around here today.

There is a want to do it -- I think some of this is my mothers thing - but I know , right now tonight (and yesterday) I am feelings wise, unavailble, to do a vigil.

You all kept me ocupied yesterday. And what we really do is hunt endlessly to try and find facts that help us understand the "why" of anything we share with one another.

No issue with weeping, in combo with mother and this. We all, however know, that no matter how "helpful" that process is draining.

And this started with my battery pretty drained

so I suppose, its ok today that I just want to stay here, on Ws , facts only - not go to a vigil. Who knows, last night I did not think I would be ok doing what I did today

Maybe in the next couple of days I will want, and will do a totally greiving experience.

I remained thrilled that noone in the hosptial has passed.................I think that is something else!!

Here is this mornings presser--it was good

http://www.wesh.com/news/local-fede...te-on-orlando-shooting-investigation/40028182

I don't want to hear it, but, again, I'll bring up Ted Nugent brandishing two machine guns, in front of thousands, and saying he wants our POTUS to suck on them, and then a Senator invites him to the White House for the President's SOTU Address. People said, welllll, he's just crazy Ted, and has freedom of speech and expression. Should either of those two people be in jail? I'm thinking I might have been in jail if it were me doing that.

So? What laws were broken? It's no more offensive to me than Obama inviting clock boy to the White House to celebrate his mock suitcase bomb.

Exactly.

If daddy had been better-vetted, they might have discovered Islamic terrorist sympathies. And daddy might not have been allowed to enter the US. And then OM wouldn't have been born in the US. And he wouldn't have been here to shoot 100 people on Saturday night.

How many people are flooding in the US every day with insufficient vetting? How many of them, or their children, will commit how many terrorist acts in the future, because we didn't vet people carefully enough?
The vetting 30+ years ago was far different than it is now.

To be (insert your group of choice)phobic is everyones right.

I use to be afraid of spiders. A phobia is an irrational fear. I choose to not live my life in fear.

I do not hate, I do not fear, I will of course die someday. Today I am alive, and life is too darn short to live it in fear.

ISIS and their cohorts will be pleased to have created so many success stories in this thread. They have filled some of us with so much fear, we are driven by hate, and anger. One nil to ISIS.

Bet you haven't been to Europe, at least recently. I just returned from 3 weeks in the Netherlands and Belgium. Europe is alive and well. Brussels is alive and well.

We just moved my aging relatives from Brussles to Israel. Brussels is an absolute hell hole.

Hmmm, wife and child believed to be holed up about 12 miles from the family home in Fort whatever it is. MSNBC

To be (insert your group of choice)phobic is everyones right.

I use to be afraid of spiders. A phobia is an irrational fear. I choose to not live my life in fear.

I do not hate, I do not fear, I will of course die someday. Today I am alive, and life is too darn short to live it in fear.

ISIS and their cohorts will be pleased to have created so many success stories in this thread. They have filled some of us with so much fear, we are driven by hate, and anger. One nil to ISIS.

Like most things, 'irrational' is a subjective term. It's irrational to fear an Amish dude next to you on a plane, not so much a CAIR imam.

The vetting 30+ years ago was far different than it is now.

Really? I have serious doubts. We're bringing in so-called refugees in droves. There's no way they're all being vetted sufficiently. We're letting multitudes of foxes into the henhouse, and people are going to be shocked and wring their hands and hold vigils the next time it happens. And the next time. And the next time after that.

There are ten Muslim countries where homosexuality may be punished by death. They are Yemen, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates, and Iraq.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death/

Actual laws...not just strains of religious bigots within the Faith. Shocking , isn't it?
Nope, not shocking at all. In fact, that's reported often by every news station in the country, so now it's pretty much common knowledge that in some Muslim countries women are killed for not wearing a full burqa, chosing their own husband, or for simply attempting to go to school, and gays are stoned to death.

However, my question was not "In which countries is being gay punishable by death?", it was "Can you please provide me a link to where *in the Quran* it says that all good Muslims should kill gays?". It's no secret that many countries have bad laws and are corrupt, because they have been taken over by the ISIS-style groups that believe in a twisted interpretation of the Quran. Yet, the government does not always speak for every citizen of its country. Abortion (which I am not trying to debate either way at all, it's just an example) is legal in all parts of the US, yet many are against it. If somebody from Uruguay made the statement "In the US abortion is legal, therefore everybody in the US believes that abortion is great.", that would be a very incorrect statement.

I really don't understand how it's legal to only have one way in and one way out.... movie theatres have to have emergency exits in every room. A business that can hold that many people needs to have several exits imo.

I completely agree. Since many were texting from the bathroom, I was thinking of why they couldn't escape out of the window, then I remembered I've not gone to a restaurant in years that had one. I was thinking bars/restaurants/whatever don't have them because they are afraid people will crawl out without paying? No idea really why they wouldn't, but it seems it would have been very helpful in this case.

ISIS is the sect that has twisted Islam into their own specific religion. Sharia Law is totally different. ISIS kills more Muslims/Islamic people than they do any other group. When ISIS told the Islamic religious leaders to promote their brand of Islam, and the leaders refused, they slaughtered them.

Thank you for that information, it seems I've got it less than half right at least :). Clearly a good amount of Muslims are against the form of Islam that ISIS practices. It would seem that ISIS has simply overtaken everything because of their access to money and weaponry that the average Muslim citizen wouldn't even dream about having, so it is futile to even try to resist. I think that's why people are not wanting to call this case "Islamic Terrorism", because ISIS is not the form of Islam that most Muslims practice. There's no debate about Mateen committing this horrible crime in the name of ISIS, but many want to make the distinction that "ISIS/ISIL" and "Islam" are far from being synonymous.

If you'll excuse me, it seems I've got to do a little research so I can figure out the bigger half of knowledge that I'm missing.

The "News" is not the "News" of my childhood, or my kid's childhood, for that matter. News can now be obtained 24/7 from just about anywhere. My phone, my television, my laptop, desktop, sitting in a fast food restaurant, and even in some of the nicer restaurants they'll have a t.v. on in the bar area. I think, because of this change, that the race to be the best, has been replaced by the race to be first . They are not always the same.

So agree, I can not tell you how many times in the last decade, when I thought oh my lord Walter would be rolling in his grave with this totally wrong stuff.

And what bugs me - especially CNN is the getting the basic cr*p, NUMBERS wrong, and then for weeks continue to say the same wrong thing

IMO the best on there now Carol Costello in the morning - she has no issue with challenging a stupid lie

My cousin just got back from France and said he'd love to live there. He thoroughly enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler