FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devils advocate here and I do not expect to get any love, but then again I am not looking for love in all the wrong places.

The father I have seen his interviews, the same one/ones that people are finding fault with. Myself I do not see the hate, in fact some of the things he calls for that outrages posters here are the same things that our GOP front runner calls for. More security and it would not have happened according to him, he says that they should have neutralized his son or taken him out...yeah I know he used the word naturalized but he meant neutralized. Also he expressed sympathy towards the victims. As a parent I could never imagine having to do what he has done and in my mind at least better than any parent I recall of mass shooters like James Holmes, Adam Lanza or any of the others.

Yes I admit he may not be 100% sincere but he is far from the California preacher who says from the Pulpit that he feels the shooter should have finished the job.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article83693667.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article83693667.html

About two days ago I looked at the fathers FB for about a minute, it is quite prolific as in 100's of photos and video so maybe there is hatred there, I do not know as I only glanced at it briefly

Here's the hate (BBM):

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/w...c45a6030e3f204

Gunman's father posts video to Facebook

Omar Mateen's father, Seddique Mateen, released a video statement on Facebook about his son.

In the footage, he said his son was a “very good boy” who lived a “dignified life and respected his parents.”

“I don’t know what made him [do this], I have no idea, I had no idea that he felt resentful in his heart and had gone to the gay [he uses the derogatory word hamjensbazi] club and killed men and women there.

“I am very sad and I’ve announced this to the American people as well. Why did he do this act during this holy month of Ramadan. On the topic of being hamjensbazi, punishment and the things that they do, God will give the punishment. This is not the issue for a follower of God and he [Omar] that did this has greatly saddened me. I wanted you to know this. God give all youth complete health to keep the real path of the holy religion of Islam in mind.”

[h=1]Report: Gunman called local news station during Orlando attack[/h]
WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) — About 45 minutes after the deadliest terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11 began, Matthew Gentili, an producer at News 13, answered the phone in the newsroom.
"On the other end, I heard, 'Do you know about the shooting?'" Gentili recalled in an interview with a reporter at his station Tuesday.
"I'm the shooter," the caller said. "It's me. I am the shooter."
"I did it for ISIS. I did it for the Islamic State," Mateen said, according to Gentili.

More @ link:http://fox11online.com/news/nation-...lled-local-news-station-during-orlando-attack

If he had been driving around an hour and half from home for sevral days, where did he stay? 3.5 hours daily is quite a hassle

I think his whereabouts in the days prior are questions unanswered at this time.

I get the impression from the following that he worked a shift on Satuday, went home, (picked up a rental van at some point) and drove to Orlando several hours prior to his arrival at Pulse.

There is an additional comment from the Orlando mayor in the Boston Globe article I linked that suggests Mateen may have been located at or near Disney at some point on Saturday prior to Pulse.

Can't exerpt everything I'm finding out there because of copyrights. I'm already skating on the thin ice in that regard.

This is from a CBS report:

Six years later [after 2010], Omar Mateen went to work as a guard in a gated community in Florida. He then went home, only to go back out. Investigators now believe that Mateen was in the general area of the Pulse nightclub for several hours before launching the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history at about 2 a.m, reports CBS News correspondent Jeff Pegues.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando...s-omar-mateen-in-2010-following-bp-oil-spill/

I'm hoping some firm timeline fact sheets are released today.

I have so much respect for Anderson Cooper. I don't know how he managed to keep his professionalism and composure while exposing this (self edited)

"Cooper wasn't in the mood for hypocrisy." "Do you really think you are a champion of the gay community?" he asked.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/videos/a45833/anderson-cooper-pam-bondi-interview/

Good for him. The gay community and it's allies really need to step up the push back now, more than ever.

How does someone look they are casing something. I am not being snarky? It is like in hindsight it seems everything can be shaded.

Disney is going to call the FBI on a guest?? That stretches credibilty imo. What exactly would the report be?

Its getting so crazy!!

O/T ugh a two year old at disney got pulled in by an alligator

Disney has tight security and often call FBI on suspicious guests, it doesn't make headline news though. April 26th Disney security said the couple were casing the park and reported it to the FBI. Let me try to hunt down my source.

However, Fox News reported Tuesday that Mateen was more than just an acquaintance of another radicalized terrorist who left Florida for Syria where he blew himself up in 2014.

Fox News was told the relationship between Mateen and American suicide bomber Moner Abu-Salha -- who drove 16 tons of explosives into a Syrian government facility on behalf of Al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front, was "complex." The two frequented the same Fort Pierce mosque

Authorities are also probing Mateen's ties to Dwayne Robertson, a onetime New York gang leader who resurfaced in Orlando as an imam and is suspected by federal authorities of radicalizing Americans and sending them abroad to kill. Robertson, who was released from prison last year, denies inciting violent jihad.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...ies-to-international-terror.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Killer's wife should be imprisoned, for years, and years. At least 49. This is my opinion, and I hope it becomes reality.

Doubtful she will. They let go the Boston Bomber's mother and wife that knew and did nothing to stop it. Not sure why they weren't charged? Afraid of backlash?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-regular-at-lgbt-nightclub-pulse-before-atta/

Ms Salman lived in a suburb of Chicago before moving to Fort Pierce with Mateen in November 2012. In December 2015 she is believed to have left Florida and moved in with relatives in Rodeo, California.

I'm confused again lol. If this is true, did they separate? Or was there a method to this - remove his son from harm's way when he went through with his plan? Did she travel back to assist with the planning and for Mateen to spend time with his son? Or is this info totally incorrect?

We're all, the whole country, trying to understand what happened at the Pulse nightclub. But I think we all have to be careful that in attempting to "understand" what happened, that we don't begin to fall victim to EXCUSING what happened, because he "may have" been a conflicted, closeted, Islamic gay man, of middle eastern descent, with a heavy parental and cultural bias against gays.

There is a vast difference between an explanation for criminal and terroristic behavior, and the mission creep of political correctness that wants to demand empathetic justification for that behavior. The killer, the terrorist, is not a sympathetic figure. He does not deserve ANY sympathy or empathy. HE is NOT the VICTIM, or even "A" victim.

He knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and why. Yes, he may indeed be deeply conflicted about where he fits in between 2 cultures, and may have conflicted loyalty, and conflicted sexuality. His own father likely initiated and nurtured the radicalism and extremism, and anger and conflict, that lead to this guy becoming a terrorist. He MURDERED 49 souls in cold blood, and tried to kill another 50+. That has to remain the focus. So what if he was gay and conflicted?? Gays don't get a pass, or an excuse, for premeditated mass murder-- even closeted, conflicted, muslim gays.The ultimate in "PC" is to begin to build empathetic discussions about this man because he was gay and muslim and conflicted, and lessen the impact of what he did. To begin to excuse it, in the guise of "understanding" why he did it. He was pure evil and criminal. We can't forget that. The time to try to "humanize" him is long past, IMO. Nothing about this killer was civilized, and his memory deserves no empathy or sympathy. IMO.

We have to be extremely careful when bandying about "mentally ill" labels. He may indeed have a narcissistic, or borderline, or sociopathic, or bi-polar personality disorder. Who cares? None of that makes him "not responsible" for what he did. AND--no amount of mental health care (before or after a heinous crime) can "fix" personality disorders-- no pills, meds, or "talk therapy" fixes those kind of people. None of that is a LEGALLY justifiable defense. He wasn't psychotic, or mentally deficient in a legal definition way. He may be depressed and hate unicorns, puppies, kittens, and rainbows, too. But he is still a KILLER, a TERRORIST, and a dead criminal, who vastly pre-planned this carnage and horror, knew exactly what he was doing, knew right from wrong, and tried to inflict the worst damage he could.

Families with little kids at Downtown Disney/ Disney Springs could have been massacred, instead of the gay nightclub. That would have been equally atrocious. Yes, gays were the population "this" time, but don't for a minute think that he wouldn't have taken out others if he could have, IMO. The nightclub patrons were soft targets, and convenient for him and his motives at this particular point in time. Yes, he hated gays, and probably loathed that part of himself-- but he hated a lot of other non-gay people, too, for being non-believer infidels, IMO. Maybe he thinks allah will give him a "disney fast pass" to heaven for killing gays during ramadan, and voicing allegiance to ISIS.

Either way, I'm very glad and thankful he's dead. And I truly believe it's ESSENTIAL that we change the way we deal with islamic terrorism at every level of law enforcement and government, so that we can do better preventing the next occurrence-- because we all know there WILL be a next time. I do think we absolutely NEED an official declaration of "war" against ISIS, and ISIS-inspired terrorism, so that we can begin to work to get a handle on what's happening inside our own country, and put a stop to it. That will change the way we do surveillance, and handle would-be terrorists. We have to do this--it is absolutely essential to the safety and security of every citizen. As it is, this ridiculous insistence that these acts are "just" a matter for law enforcement when they happen, is what is just setting the stage for more killing. We have to be pro-active to prevent terrorism, not re-active.

I could care less what was going on in this killer's psyche-- what I'm absolutely sure of is that his ACTIONS were inspired by, and motivated by, his islamic extremism, and his professed loyalty to ISIS. That needs to remain the central focus. He himself said that is why he did what he did. We need to BELIEVE him, and act accordingly. IMO.

thank you.
I do not feel sympathy for this shooter. If he was a child I would but he is not the victim.
Hugging the terrorist wouldn't have changed the outcome during the massacre.

I keep reading about this and crying for hours. So senseless. Knowing one of my favourite drag queens was there was scary. And the articles about the mothers and other loved ones of the victims.

Had the killer looked for help for whatever his issues were, I'd have some sympathy. Instead, he decided to murder innocent people and destroy their lives and forever affect countless others. It may be cold, but I couldn't care less about his struggles. You have a problem, you deal with it. The moment you decide to do something like this, that's it for you.

I'm disgusted, devastated and scared.

Sorry for posting this so late, I'm sure you guys must be talking about updates about it, but I just needed to vent a little. Being part of a minority, such as the LGBT community (especially transgender, since we're the least accepted by society), is dangerous and I've been aware of it for a long time now. But wow. This was just on a whole new level and, quite frankly, I'm still in shock.

I found out I'm mutual friends with at least 5 deceased and 5 wounded. This really hits hard. They just were out having fun dancing. I love going to gay clubs, I end up having the best time. RIP. I'm sorry to hear about your friends. Send love to your drag queen friend. <3

Every time we have one of these the focus is on the end result not the casue.

Its kinda like a sidewalk with a big hole in it, Govt focus on putting up a barrier around the hole instead of filling it!!

Orlando shooter Omar Mateen got nearly perfect scores as a marksman during firearms tests and also passed a psychiatric evaluation to handle guns, NBC News has learned.

Mateen passed a psychiatric evaluation required for him to obtain a Class G Florida gun license in 2007. The form is an "Agency Character Certification" and it shows that he was examined by a south Miami psychiatrist.

More at the link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/or...shooter-mateen-was-excellent-marksman-n593001

If Mateen was leading a secret life exploring his sexuality, wouldn't he risk exposure taking his wife to Pulse - there are regulars that said he was there a lot and going there with his wife would risk them telling her he frequented Pulse. That leaves two questions - did she know he was exploring his sexuality and he was open with her, or was it just part of his planning?

He could have lied to her saying I'm NOT gay I'm going to carry out a plan. But secretly was exploring the lifestyle but trying to justify his attendance.
I believe this is a self hating of his own desires compunded by strict religious upbringing add radical extremist beliefs a trifecta mass killing, hate crime and terrorist attack.

The owner of the restaurant that hannah graham was in that night with jesse mathews denied she was in the restaurant and drink as well. jmo idk I don't understand why she is saying that either.

In denial. Angry doesn
't want to be associated out of disgust?

I found out I'm mutual friends with at least 5 deceased and 5 wounded. This really hits hard. They just were out having fun dancing. I love going to gay clubs, I end up having the best time. RIP. I'm sorry to hear about your friends. Send love to your drag queen friend. <3

x-files I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member