FL - Mass shooting outside billiards club in Miami leaves 22 injured, 2 dead, 30 May 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish legal gun owners would protect their guns more responsibly so they couldn’t be stolen and sold illegally to criminals.
Unfortunately, even if that problem were solved, the issue will still remain that unless they have a felony conviction, criminals can legally buy guns too.
One of the major characteristics of the countries who have strict gun control is that people who do have guns have to store and transport them under strict rules and have to be a licenced shooter with each gun registered. People do have guns in countries with strict gun laws but they are subject to those strict rules.

I wish legal gun owners would protect their guns more responsibly so they couldn’t be stolen and sold illegally to criminals.
Unfortunately, even if that problem were solved, the issue will still remain that unless they have a felony conviction, criminals can legally buy guns too.
There is a US congress member that had her department issued weapon, handcuffs, ammo and club stolen from her sheriffs vehicle because she left them in the car in her driveway instead of securing them in her hone. I don’t think they were ever recovered.

So this "mass shooting" has totally fallen out of the news and out of interest here. Keeping it in my tally of what types of cases people aren't interested in, even when multiple black lives are taken. Sad.
I think the lack of interest is because it appears to be rival gangs shooting each other. The victims in this case are also the bad guys.

There is a US congress member that had her department issued weapon, handcuffs, ammo and club stolen from her sheriffs vehicle because she left them in the car in her driveway instead of securing them in her hone. I don’t think they were ever recovered.
Where I live police check their guns in at shift's end and out again for their next shift.

I think the lack of interest is because it appears to be rival gangs shooting each other. The victims in this case are also the bad guys.

Agree. It is one thing when innocent victims are shot in a mass shooting, it is different when it is gang related. They are choosing to be part of a dangerous lifestyle, it should not be a shock when they become victims of gun violence

So this "mass shooting" has totally fallen out of the news and out of interest here. Keeping it in my tally of what types of cases people aren't interested in, even when multiple black lives are taken. Sad.
It is a "gang type" shooting. There is one or more every single day now. The media can't keep up and isn't interested.

But that's often the case. I've read here enough here to know that it never matters who the victims are -- they are still victims. Not to mention their families.

While I think I understand what you are saying, I have to disagree a bit. I think most of the victims were people just there for a show. While they maybe knew some gang members, they themselves were just innocent people. They are trapped in circumstances.

While I think I understand what you are saying, I have to disagree a bit. I think most of the victims were people just there for a show. While they maybe knew some gang members, they themselves were just innocent people. They are trapped in circumstances.
People waiting for the show were returning fire. They pulled out weapons as well.

Those two young women who were shot in the video weren't returning fire. They were just standing there and then got shot as they tried to run for their lives.
I understand that. I also understand that when you associate with gang members you are taking risks.

Where I live police check their guns in at shift's end and out again for their next shift.
Most law enforcement officers in the US maintain possession of the firearms off duty because they can be called "to duty" at any time.

This one was chief of police
In SF, an federal ranger left his gun in his car and it was stolen and then a woman was shot at the Embarcadero, this was a big deal in the 2018 election because the shooter was not a US citizen but the part about the ranger was never mentioned. The shooter was acquitted, he picked up the gun wrapped in a rag under a bench and it went off, ruled accidental.
The family tried to sue the Federal ranger.

“The Steinle family argued that Woychowski left a .40-caliber pistol loaded and unsecured, despite BLM policies requiring guns be stored in locked containers, kept unloaded and equipped with trigger locking devices, and that firearms and ammunition “must not be left unattended in motor vehicles or watercraft unless they are physically secured from theft and out of public view.”

This is the important part, legal gun owners aren’t responsible for not keeping their guns safe.

“At a hearing last month, [U.S. Magistrate Judge] Spero voiced concern that ruling in favor of the Steinle family could expose people who have guns stolen to “open-ended liability” for crimes committed with stolen property.”
Feds Not Liable for Stolen Gun Used in San Francisco Pier Shooting

I understand that. I also understand that when you associate with gang members you are taking risks.

Doesn't sound like they were all "associating with gang members" or that the people who returned fire were already armed, either. The highlighting of the article posted is by me:

That's when three people "stepped out of the vehicle with assault rifles and handguns and started firing indiscriminately into the crowd," Ramirez said.

Several others in the parking lot then armed themselves and opened fire toward the initial shooters, Aguiar said. The end result was an extensive crime scene with two dead and 21 others wounded.

In SF, an federal ranger left his gun in his car and it was stolen and then a woman was shot at the Embarcadero, this was a big deal in the 2018 election because the shooter was not a US citizen but the part about the ranger was never mentioned. The shooter was acquitted, he picked up the gun wrapped in a rag under a bench and it went off, ruled accidental.
The family tried to sue the Federal ranger.

“The Steinle family argued that Woychowski left a .40-caliber pistol loaded and unsecured, despite BLM policies requiring guns be stored in locked containers, kept unloaded and equipped with trigger locking devices, and that firearms and ammunition “must not be left unattended in motor vehicles or watercraft unless they are physically secured from theft and out of public view.”

This is the important part, legal gun owners aren’t responsible for not keeping their guns safe.

“At a hearing last month, [U.S. Magistrate Judge] Spero voiced concern that ruling in favor of the Steinle family could expose people who have guns stolen to “open-ended liability” for crimes committed with stolen property.”
Feds Not Liable for Stolen Gun Used in San Francisco Pier Shooting

Right. Criminals are responsible for crimes. If someone bashes someone's head in with a baseball bat stolen from my garage, I shouldn't be held responsible. No difference imo

Doesn't sound like they were all "associating with gang members" or that the people who returned fire were already armed, either. The highlighting of the article posted is by me:

That's when three people "stepped out of the vehicle with assault rifles and handguns and started firing indiscriminately into the crowd," Ramirez said.

Several others in the parking lot then armed themselves and opened fire toward the initial shooters, Aguiar said. The end result was an extensive crime scene with two dead and 21 others wounded.
There was another article at the time that stated people waiting in line were also returning fire. I haven’t been able to find it now. It was from the day after the shooting. So far as gang activity, it is well known in that area that rappers are associated with gangs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back