Found Deceased FL- Matthew Robineau, 21, Melbourne, 10 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Feb 11, 2019.

1. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Melbourne Police are asking for the community’s assistance in locating 21-year-old Matthew Robineau from Indian Harbor Beach, who went missing early Sunday morning.

Police say Matthew was last seen in Downtown Melbourne around 1 a.m. Sunday morning.

Matthew is 5-foot-8 in height, weighs around 185 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a white collared shirt, jeans and dark tennis shoes.

According to the investigation, police first received a call from Matthew’s father, Dan Robineau, on Sunday at 2:13 a.m. in the area of the Melbourne Causeway near Geiger Point.

When police arrived, they met the father who stated he had received a “pocket dial” from his son around 2 a.m. and after trying to call his son back, he received no answer.

The father said he used the ‘Find my iPhone’ app to locate his son’s phone which led him stationary in the area of the Melbourne Causeway....

The Melbourne Police Department is currently seeking information as to Matthew Robineau’s whereabouts. Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Tom Cahalan at 321-608-6453.

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2019/02/...-robineau-21-last-seen-in-downtown-melbourne/

More at link...

2. doodles1211

A 21-year-old man was reported missing just after 2 a.m. Sunday in downtown Melbourne — and his phone were discovered near the Melbourne Causeway.

Matthew Robineau of Indian Harbour Beach remains missing, Melbourne Police Cmdr. Marc Claycomb said.

Robineau had been with friends at several New Haven Avenue establishments in downtown Melbourne just prior to his disappearance, police said, and he was last seen about 1 a.m. Sunday walking east along the street near the railroad tracks.

[​IMG]

Man reported missing in downtown Melbourne; phone found near Melbourne Causeway

3. Eleanor Rigby

Eleanor Rigby Well-Known Member

IMO, it sounds suspicious that the pocket dial was from the area of this causeway when Matthew was on foot around 2:00 AM. This "young-man-missing-after-leaving-a-bar" situation is all too familiar, IMO. Although, I'm not aware of a lot of such cases in Florida. I hope Matthew is found alive soon, and that this is not another "river drowning" case. Sorry if I'm sounding pessimistic and paranoid, but certain cases with a particular victim profile and circumstances just jump out at me. MOO.

[​IMG]
    Melbourne Causeway in 2013

Mauge, FlamingoLady, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  4. doodles1211

5. Inspector Gidget

Inspector Gidget Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound good at all "Police said they eventually found Robineau's phone, wallet and shirt near the Melbourne Causeway, but he wasn't there."Melbourne police, the Brevard County Sheriff's Office and the Coast Guard spent Sunday and Monday searching the water and area near where Robineau's phone was found, with no success.
    Search on for missing man who was last seen in Melbourne

6. Eleanor Rigby

Two women reported being drugged recently in bars on the same street as the "establishments" MR was in. Sometimes, people reportedly do very strange things under the influence of the drugs slipped into their drinks. However, his family, according to the article, is not giving interviews to the media outlet, so maybe they suspect something else. Very worrying whatever happened. MOO.
    2 say they were drugged after visiting downtown Melbourne bars

cass523, Dre, doodles1211 and 3 others like this.
  7. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Well-Known Member

Matthew is a handsome young man. We're praying for you, buds! Get home.

8. YaYa_521

Yeah, it's as if this partying then go missing usually by way of water or FOWL play is becoming a trend with the youngsters especially.

(TotallyOT - :eek: Yikes! I just used the word youngsters. Does that mean I'm growing up, err, I mean getting old? :()

9. YaYa_521

:eek:drugged since late December - they're still drugged :confused:

In both cases, the victims were with a group, felt sick and left the respective establishment with known members of their group," Melbourne police spokesman Cdr. Marcus Claycomb said in an email.

Yikes. This sounds like what may have happened to Libby. :(

turanna25, cass523 and GarAndTeed like this.
  10. Inspector Gidget

Inspector Gidget Well-Known Member

No one should walk by themselves after they've been drinking.Your coordination,since of direction and defense reactions are down.So easy for someone to take advantage of that,or you could just stumble and fall right in the water,Being dark out doesn't help either.Robineau had been to several bar with friends before walking alone.

YaYa_521 and doodles1211 like this.
  11. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

This happens all too often. Drunk+water is often fatal, especially when blackout drunk. When I saw the map and realized causeway was a bridge, my heart dropped.

12. badfaith76

badfaith76 New Member

It is odd that the pocket dial call came in at 2:00 am and the dad had tried to call him back, then used the app to locate the phone, drove over a bridge to try to locate the phone, found the phone, after finding the phone called the police and they responded at 2:13 am. A lot of stuff happened in only 13 minutes.

13. Eleanor Rigby

It's also odd and worrisome that his shirt and wallet were found with his phone. If he went "swimming" wouldn't his shoes and pants also be with the other items? If it was suicide, why bother to remove his shirt? <modsnipped unfounded speculation> Sad. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
    turanna25, YaYa_521 and cass523 like this.
  14. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Police: Missing Brevard County Man Found Dead in Indian River

PUBLISHED 3:23 PM EST Feb. 12, 2019

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. — Missing man Matthew Robineau, 21, was found dead Tuesday in the Indian River near Melbourne Causeway, according to Melbourne Police.

Police: Missing Brevard County Man Found Dead in Indian River

15. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

I just read at 4:27 that a body was found and taken in for identification.
    Heartbreaking Prayers to his family and friends

turanna25, Mercedes, osu and 2 others like this.
  16. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

Damn, RIP Matthew

cass523, Mercedes, osu and 1 other person like this.
  17. YaYa_521

You'll be forever at rest, young man. May it be peaceful. My prayers to his family and friends.

Dre, cass523 and Mercedes like this.
  18. Eleanor Rigby

cass523 likes this.
  19. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Eleanor Rigby likes this.