FL FL - Maureen Sherman, 47, Miami, 2 May 1985

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
No Picture

White Female

62 inches tall
110 lbs

Brown hair
Brown eyes

Vehicle model
Year
Style
Vehicle color
Red
Tag typePassenger automobile (regular plates)
Tag numberXEB875
Tag stateFlorida
Expiration year

Maureen was last seen in the Miami area of Florida.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12413

Please help find more info about her case and a picture of Maureen!

Just took a look over the info, and the expiration year listed has to be a mistake of 1985.

I was wondering about that. I thought 12 years seemed like a very long time for a license to expire.

I have done some digging on Ancestry.com and found that Maureen's maiden name was Mclaughlin. She was born in Rhode Island and married in 1966 in Boston, MA. Her husband divorced her in Miami 1989-- probably because she was missing. He died in Miami in 1993. No obituary was published (just a death notice). They had children that are probably wondering what happened to her.

Still trying to figure out her middle name but I found several references to it starting with a "T".

I'm also trying to find out where she grew up/went to school to see if I can find a yearbook picture to add to her profile.

Maureen Therese Sherman

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: May 02, 1985
Location Last Seen: Miami, Miama-Dade County, Florida

Description:
  • Date of Birth: circa 1938
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5' 2" (62 Inches)
  • Weight: 110 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on forehead. Hysterectomy scar on abdomen.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Unknown
  • Additional Personal Items: A red 1983 Plymouth Reliant K wagon: Florida license plate XEB875, expiration year 1995.
  • Identifiers: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Sherman was last seen in the Miami area of Florida on May 2, 1985. She has never been heard from again. She was driving a red 1983 Plymouth Reliant K wagon at the time of her disappearance. Both Sherman and her vehicle have never been located. Few details are available regarding her case and her whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Miami-Dade Police Department: (305) 715-3300
    Reference Case#: 169325F
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: MP12413

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Maureen Sherman - Florida Missing Person Directory

I was wondering about that. I thought 12 years seemed like a very long time for a license to expire.

I have done some digging on Ancestry.com and found that Maureen's maiden name was Mclaughlin. She was born in Rhode Island and married in 1966 in Boston, MA. Her husband divorced her in Miami 1989-- probably because she was missing. He died in Miami in 1993. No obituary was published (just a death notice). They had children that are probably wondering what happened to her.

Still trying to figure out her middle name but I found several references to it starting with a "T".

I'm also trying to find out where she grew up/went to school to see if I can find a yearbook picture to add to her profile.
I believe that there's a photo of Maureen in the Woonsocket High School yearbook from 1955, page 40

Photos of Maureen Taken circa 1969 have been added to NamUs.

FSEEbcqm.jpg
a38OfCn.jpg

Maureen's NamUs profile only has one rule out exclusion listed.

UP6796
11/18/1985
Alleghany
VA

There were no cameras back then so I wonder if anyone remembers what roads she normally traveled on, or when she was last seen, what direction was she headed. Where was she going to, grocery store, work, home, etc? I strongly suspect water is involved considering it's Florida. Some of those canals down south are very deep with sharp embankments.

She was driving a red 1983 Plymouth Reliant K wagon at the time of her disappearance. Both Sherman and her vehicle have never been located.

There were no cameras back then so I wonder if anyone remembers what roads she normally traveled on, or when she was last seen, what direction was she headed. Where was she going to, grocery store, work, home, etc? I strongly suspect water is involved considering it's Florida. Some of those canals down south are very deep with sharp embankments.

She was driving a red 1983 Plymouth Reliant K wagon at the time of her disappearance. Both Sherman and her vehicle have never been located.
I wonder since they seem to be showing interest in her case, if they will be checking out nearby canals?
I agree with you that water is involved.

Maureen's casefile was added to The Charley Project

Maureen Therese Sherman​

1688734920687.png1688734927923.png1688734934736.png
Sherman, circa 1978 (approximately seven years prior to her disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable); Red 1983 Plymouth Reliant similar to Sherman's car

• Missing Since 05/01/1985
  • Missing From Miami, Florida
  • Classification Lost/Injured Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/23/1938 (85)
  • Age 47 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black shirt and gray pants.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Red 1983 Plymouth Reliant K station wagon with the Florida license plate number XEB875
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sherman may use the last name McLaughlin. She has a scar on her forehead, and a scar on her abdomen from a hysterectomy. Her nickname is Mo.

Details of Disappearance​

Sherman was last seen in Miami, Florida on May 1, 1985. That day she made threats to drive into a canal and end her life. She was last seen leaving her residence in her vehicle, a red 1983 Plymouth Reliant K station wagon with the Florida license plate number XEB875. A photo of a similar vehicle is posted with this case summary.
Sherman never returned home and her car has never been located. She was known to frequent the West Kendall area in 1985. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency​

• Miami-Dade Police Department 305-715-3300

Source Information​

There will be a live stream today at 12 noon for anyone that may follow AWP or Sunshine State Sonar diving teams. Maureen and her vehicle were found yesterday and the news broke last night. Not sure if I can post the FB link here but you can search Adventures with Purpose or Sunshine State Sonar on FB to watch it live.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back