FL FL - Melissa Eck, 15, Pensacola, 25 June 1992

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by Richard, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Richard

Richard Active Member

Melissa Lynn Eck, 15, Missing since June 25, 1992 from Pensacola, FL

Melissa Lynn Eck
    Missing since June 25, 1992 from Pensacola, Escambia County, Florida.
    Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 8, 1976
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6" - 168 cm; 110 lbs - 50 kg.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Curly dark blond/brown hair; green eyes.
    Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears, one pierced once and the other one twice. Norplant on upper left arm. She has a scar on her buttocks.
    Clothing: She was last seen wearing a black tank top, black shorts and black shoes
    AKA: Missy

Circumstances of Disappearance

Melissa was last seen leaving her boyfriend's house in Pensacola, Florida at 10 PM on June 25, 1992.

Eck left her purse behind, had no change of clothing and had not picked up two paychecks at work since she was last seen.

Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Escambia County Sheriff's Office
    Inv. Frank Fillingim
    850-436-9620

Email Form: http://www.escambiaso.com/contactUs.asp

Agency Case Number: 92S022684

NCMEC #: NCMC770649

NCIC Number: M-574857409

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
    The Tampa Tribune - 8/6/92
    Escambia County Sheriff's Office
    FDLE
    Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
    The Doe Network: Case File 608DFFL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/608dffl.html

2. Loading...

3. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa New Member

Here is a link to her Florida Missing/Endangered flyer:

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/Flyers/Flyer2PicCAP.asp?ID=974&case_nbr

The find-missing-children.org website says "Melissa was last seen walking to her friend's house on Patricia Drive, Pensacola, FL at 8:00 p.m. on 6/25/92. She never arrived at her friend's house and foul play is suspected."

Their info doesn't seem to be correct. However, here is a link:

http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster29.htm

I wonder who last saw Melissa leave her boyfriend's house - her boyfriend? Or was there an independent witness?

4. tk71texas

tk71texas wth is wrong with people today

why would she leave her purse behind at bf's house? :waitasec:

5. LotsaLatte

LotsaLatte Member

6. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

The face of a teenager who disappeared in West Pensacola more than 19 years ago is appearing on billboards across the Panhandle this weekend.

Melissa "Missy" Eck left her boyfriend's house about 8:30 p.m. on June 25, 1992, headed to a friend's house on Patricia Drive. No one has seen her since.

In honor of the 13th annual Florida Missing Children's Day on Monday, members of the Florida Outdoor Advertising Association have donated time on electronic billboards across the state.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20110911...d-campaign?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

7. Richard

Richard Active Member

This Monday, 25 June 2012 will mark 20 years since Melissa Lynn Eck went missing.

8. mistagee

mistagee Member

It is pretty much a no brainer that her boyfriend killed her. She left her purse at his house, which means she never left the house. Check behind the house or in the basement and you will find her body there.

9. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

Her Charley profile:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/eck_melissa.html

Has her boyfriend ever been cleared as a suspect? Just because she left her purse at his house doesn't make him her killer to me. Maybe she was in a hurry or emotional distress when she left his house and just didn't think about taking her purse.

10. Archangel85

Archangel85 Member

Was the boyfriend the last person to see her alive? it's been almost 22 years

11. MagnoliaMountain

12. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

All of the sites say that she was last seen leaving her boyfriend's house and that she never arrived to her intended destination. I'm assuming her boyfriend was the one who said this and I'm wondering how much LE investigated this story. As well as his whereabouts for the rest of the night. It's always possible that something happened while on her journey though.

It's 23 years tomorrow and I'm hoping they can solve her case.

13. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

14. Claireishere

Claireishere Member

15. PhoebeG

PhoebeG New Member

It seems her boyfriend was, and remains, a person of interest.

http://inweekly.net/wordpress/?p=10673

I wonder who the other "witnesses" are and what they said. I doubt there were any witnesses other than the boyfriend to Melissa's alleged disappearance. It would be interesting to know more about their relationship though, and about the boyfriend generally. Assuming he did kill her, how does a 15 year old dispose of a body without any help?

16. MagnoliaMountain

17. PhoebeG

PhoebeG New Member

That Brian Kittle would have been 14 (nearly 15) when Melissa disappeared. There is actually another Brian Kittle currently living in Pensacola but he is five years older than Melissa. I think he must be Melissa's boyfriend and the article got his age wrong, meaning he had just turned 20 when Melissa disappeared, as he is still living in the same house as the one Melissa disappeared from.

The Charley Project says Melissa's boyfriend lived in the 1700 block of Blakely Avenue and that she was supposedly walking to a friend's house on Patricia Drive and Clara Street "almost a mile away". That walk is over five miles, so I assume this is incorrect and that the boyfriend actually lived on Patricia Drive and Clara Street. The Escambiaso Sheriff's Office say Melissa "was last seen walking on Patricia Drive between West Cerny Road and West Fairfield Drive." Pfeiffer cemetery, which the police apparently searched as it was close to the boyfriend's house, is also just down the road from Patricia Drive and Clara Street (a two minute drive).

http://www.escambiaso.com/cold-case/

18. jjc1140

jjc1140 New Member

I know this is a fairly older thread but I recently ran across an article on her and it caught my attention because my close friend was related to her. My close friends step mother was Melissa's sister and she has spoken to me a few times about it and still has her picture and missing post of her on her fridge to this day.

From what I recall, her boyfriend was in fact a few years older than Melissa. So 20 would most likely been closer to the age and I know he was not 14 or 15 for sure so the article did get that wrong.

The other thing I remember her telling me was that they were at a friends house (maybe a party ) though I do think the boyfriend lived right there on Patricia too. I think it may have been a couple of streets away. They got in an argument of which Melissa said she would walk home and she was never seen again. Melissa's sister believes she was murdered by the boyfriend. The only thing I did forget was if in fact her boyfriend owned a vehicle or had access to one. I don't think he did have a vehicle.

19. jjc1140

jjc1140 New Member

I believe this information mainly comes from Brian kittle (her boyfriend that is the prime suspect). The two were arguing and she "supposedly" went to walk and leave and was never seen again . Not suprisingly, he was also suppose to show up at a friends house but to never did. Her purse was still there because she was murdered by him.

20. jjc1140

jjc1140 New Member

No, the boyfriend was never cleared and still is the prime suspect. My friends stepmother is her sister. They were fighting amongst theirselves and supposedly she left to walk away to leave and was never seen again nor was her body found. Though even in an argument but walking several miles away she would have grabbed her purse in my belief (that is unless someone stopped her from getting it) . I believe she is somewhere near Patricia. There is pfiers cemetery right next to Patricia and then there is actually a off-road place with woods and what not to the right of you are traveling South in Patricia that her body could be at.

The problem was they treated her case as a missing person case in the beginning and not a homicide so very little evidence was ever collected at the time from Kittles home or anything . By the time they realized foul play was truly involved they had already screwed up.

Though it is possible something could have occurred along her journey (that is IF she ever made the journey at all) it is most definitely more likely she was murdered by him along that journey or never left to begin with. The family believes without a doubt that he did it too.