FL FL - Miami-Dade Co., WhtFem 791UFFL, 18-25, exhaust burns on calves, Sept'79

I sure as heck hope these folks have their dates right on the UID.

Because not only does Melissa Aurora Burgess also have a motorcycle burn scar on her calf.

She also is the right height, right age, right hair color, right eye color, she's missing from the same state, AND she even looks like the recon.

791UFFL.jpg
burgess_mellisa.jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/burgess_mellisa.html

I am figuring that her dates are right, as they would have had to screw up both her Date LKA and her DOB.

But does anyone suppose they could have screwed up the UID's date of discovery by mistyping 1989 as 1979? Probably not. But this is Florida we're dealing with (i.e., the state that handled the Adam Walsh, Peggy Sue Houser, and Colleen Orsborn disappearances)

Because not only does Melissa Aurora Burgess also have a motorcycle burn scar on her calf.

She also is the right height, right age, right hair color, right eye color, she's missing from the same state, AND she even looks like the recon.

791UFFL.jpg
burgess_mellisa.jpg

I am figuring that her dates are right, as they would have had to screw up both her Date LKA and her DOB.

But does anyone suppose they could have screwed up the UID's date of discovery by mistyping 1989 as 1979? Probably not. But this is Florida we're dealing with (i.e., the state that handled the Adam Walsh, Peggy Sue Houser, and Colleen Orsborn disappearances)

Fwiw- The Pinellas County clerk shows a record with that exact birth date. The spelling on that site shows her first name as Melissa instead of Mellisa though.

791UFFL.jpg
burgess_mellisa.jpg

When did the month get changed from April to September?
The recon hair is screaming 80's to me.

Date found September 04, 1979

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/791uffl.html

The victim was discovered on April 9, 1979 in Dade, Miami-Dade County, Florida

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18-25 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blond hair; gray green eyes. Burns on the inside of each calf from a motorcycle exhaust pipe. Facial acne.
Clothing: white t-shirt, yellow floral scarf, long blue jeans.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available

Case History
The victim was located ying on the ground near a garbage dumpster in a wooded lot in rural Dade.

Rebecca Jean Dunn a possible match. Thoughts?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1374dfnv.html

I'm glad you posted that as it said she died within hours of discovery. One of the things that has bugged me about this (from both DoeNet and NamUS) is that they weren't saying anything about the time of death or cause of death.

DoeNet said "unknown" for estimated time of death, yet lists the eye color, which changes rapidly and is hard to determine once decomposition's started.

NamUS basically says she died sometime in 1979.

I don't know why certain "known" things aren't mentioned on either of those sites. I'd noticed things like that happening on other profiles before. I could perhaps see the "cause of death" being ambiguous for the investigation (if the suspect knows how she was killed and nobody else does).

But I don't know why they'd be ambiguous with the time of death. They don't know who she is after all of this time and putting something like that out there may help in their investigation

They really need to release the post-mortem photos to help this along...

Hi! Im new here. Ive been looking into this missing girl for a volunteer organization. I was wondering what everyone thought of Cheryl Anne Moser being a match. They have the same hair eye color weight and age. I know she went missing in 1977. She was reported as a potential runaway with her boyfriend, who rode motorcycles, who was later convicted in the fatal beating of a Warlock motorcycle gang. I know the Warlocks were established in Florida in 1967. Am i grasping at straws here or is there a connection. Any input would be appreciated.

Also the Miami Florida Jane Doe reportedly died of strangulation and it was ruled a homicide. i can provide links if needed.

Hi! Im new here. Ive been looking into this missing girl for a volunteer organization. I was wondering what everyone thought of Cheryl Anne Moser being a match. They have the same hair eye color weight and age. I know she went missing in 1977. She was reported as a potential runaway with her boyfriend, who rode motorcycles, who was later convicted in the fatal beating of a Warlock motorcycle gang. I know the Warlocks were established in Florida in 1967. Am i grasping at straws here or is there a connection. Any input would be appreciated.

I don't think Cheryl ever made it out of the area where she was last seen.

According to a Delaware County Sunday Times March 21, 1982 article, a biker-informant told authorities back in the early 80's that Cheryl was murdered by bikers for reasons unknown and was buried in the Tinicum swamps.

[video=youtube;L2tlkwtBSLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2tlkwtBSLM[/video]

Hey, not sure if this has been posted before, but this video from Miami-Dade Crimestoppers contains some information about this Jane Doe that I've never seen anywhere else.

- It provides the exact address as the dumpster area located behind the Biscayne Garden Apartments at 15555 NW 2nd Ave
- Police reports say she provided the name of Fallon (sp?) S. Love and a birthdate of June 13, 1961. She said she was unemployed and lived at an apartment complex in Hollywood, FL, and her closest relative was a "Ben Misa" of Brooklyn, NY. I'm not sure if this info came from a neighbor who'd seen her around before, or if this UID had some contact with police before she died.

There is a photo about 30 seconds in of her body lying behind the dumpster. It looks like she was wrapped in some sort of black material, something else I'd never seen before.
There's also an alternate, full-body sketch of the clothing she wore. You can see it at the :45 second mark.

ETA: It also classifies her death as a homicide. Which was probably already known to you guys, but DoeNetwork doesn't say anything about her cause of death.

[video=youtube;L2tlkwtBSLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2tlkwtBSLM[/video]

Hey, not sure if this has been posted before, but this video from Miami-Dade Crimestoppers contains some information about this Jane Doe that I've never seen anywhere else.

- It provides the exact address as the dumpster area located behind the Biscayne Garden Apartments at 15555 NW 2nd Ave
- Police reports say she provided the name of Fallon (sp?) S. Love and a birthdate of June 13, 1961. She said she was unemployed and lived at an apartment complex in Hollywood, FL, and her closest relative was a "Ben Misa" of Brooklyn, NY. I'm not sure if this info came from a neighbor who'd seen her around before, or if this UID had some contact with police before she died.

There is a photo about 30 seconds in of her body lying behind the dumpster. It looks like she was wrapped in some sort of black material, something else I'd never seen before.
There's also an alternate, full-body sketch of the clothing she wore. You can see it at the :45 second mark.

ETA: It also classifies her death as a homicide. Which was probably already known to you guys, but DoeNetwork doesn't say anything about her cause of death.

Thank you so much for this video! I have never seen this before. I feel like both of the sketches look a little different from eachother.

The detective mentions that she listed her closest relative as "Ben Misa" from Brooklyn New York.

There is a Benjamin Joseph Misa who lived in Jamaica, New York (DOB 19 Jan 1948) listed in the SocSec Death Index. He died on 15 Oct 1991.

There is also a Benjamin William Misa, also from Jamaica NY (DOB 18 Oct 1918) in the SSDI. He died on 12 Sep 2000

One of these two is probably the same guy, as Jamaica is right next to Brooklyn.

that might be father and son as well.

any missing female misas? maybe this is her father and brother? or maybe the son was her ex bf or husband? I forget if she had given birth before. her name sounds like an alias.

The detective mentions that she listed her closest relative as "Ben Misa" from Brooklyn New York.

There is a Benjamin Joseph Misa who lived in Jamaica, New York (DOB 19 Jan 1948) listed in the SocSec Death Index. He died on 15 Oct 1991.

There is also a Benjamin William Misa, also from Jamaica NY (DOB 18 Oct 1918) in the SSDI. He died on 12 Sep 2000

One of these two is probably the same guy, as Jamaica is right next to Brooklyn.

Jamaica is in Queens, not Brooklyn. It would be unusual for somebody from one borough to say they lived in the other just because they're near the border. That might indicate she wasn't familiar with the NYC area.

This is a stretch, but I came across Leeann Coleene Huffman http://nampn.org/cases/huffman_leeann.html

All of the stats line up, apart from her being above the age estimate (29 when she went missing in 1978). It's likely that she met foul play the day she went missing since her car was found three days later, but I thought I'd leave her here anyways. She resembles the recon IMO, similar facial shape and mouths.

This is a stretch, but I came across Leeann Coleene Huffman http://nampn.org/cases/huffman_leeann.html

All of the stats line up, apart from her being above the age estimate (29 when she went missing in 1978). It's likely that she met foul play the day she went missing since her car was found three days later, but I thought I'd leave her here anyways. She resembles the recon IMO, similar facial shape and mouths.

She has DNA in NamUs, so it's easy to rule in/out

Was Maria Anjiras ever suggested? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2560/0/

Height and weight match exactly. Age is within a few months. Eyes are the same color, Maria ran away during the 70s. Maria was last seen with members of a motorcycle club, and Jane Doe had the motorcycle burns. I'm just unsure about the nose but I think it's close enough...?

Love rats' possible match. Did a side by side with two different pics of Maria. Links HERE and HERE, and I've also attached them.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6sqffNMn.jpg
    6sqffNMn.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 120
  • GRCnKCCB.jpg
    GRCnKCCB.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 354

Members online

Online statistics

Members online