FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading the news, is it this Friday AH gives the interview on Dr Phil?

I am sickened to even read this.

jmo :moo:

Yes, I believe it is this Friday, 10/28. It doesn't appear the schlub's website is actively promoting the interview, but the article gives the impression it is this Friday.

First, DP interviews Burke Ramsey, but treats him with kid gloves (they have the same attorney, sleazeball, Lin Woods). Now he interviews AH, who murdered two innocent neighbors sitting in their garage, and tried his best to murder another neighbor, who was acting as a good Samaritan. Does he need ratings or what?

IMHO

Good post, Wildebeest!

On target

Yes, I believe it is this Friday, 10/28. It doesn't appear the schlub's website is actively promoting the interview, but the article gives the impression it is this Friday.

Thank you DropthePuck for the reply! I shall be watching, should be very interesting to see AH and how he reacts.

Never really cared for NoDr Phil, now I have less respect for him. Is this for ratings? What about the murdered & cannibalized victims and the man who tried to help??

Due to TOS, I can't really say what I would love too. :mad:

jmo :moo:

Thanks ~

Attention Websleuths Members and Visitors

Starting Wednesday 6:00 PM ET Websleuths will be down for maintenance
Websleuth should be back up by Thursday morning
Any questions please Email us
Websleuths Management

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for your patience.
Oh no! You mean I have to actually do something else tomorrow after work? Yikes.

Really, though, thanks for the heads up! I can now prepare myself accordingly.

Austin Harrouff gave a bedside interview with the Dr. Phil show a few days before he was arrested and charged on 10/03.

"In a segment called “The frat boy dubbed ‘cannibal killer’ breaks his silence from his hospital bed,” the show programmers say they have “an exclusive interview, right before his arrest” that is set to air Friday. The program airs at 4 p.m. on WPEC-12, the local CBS affiliate."

And
"John Stevens IV, the son of John Stevens, whom Harrouff is charged with killing, said if the sheriff’s office had arrested him sooner, there may have not even been the opportunity to give an interview. It may be his right to give a phone interview, but if the process would have been followed like any other double murderer (and he was arrested immediately), he may have not been so inclined to give an interview from jail,” Stevens told The Post."

I thought the sheriff had put off arresting AH so that the county wouldn't have to pick up the extensive hospital bill. So, I'm not sure I understand why the son is upset about the delayed arrest?

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/austin-harrouff-gave-interview-to-dr-phil-from-hos/nsxCM/

Imo.

Dr.Phil is a bottom feeder. He gives every piece of crap a platform. Then acts like he will.help them with counseling or something. Jmo

Imo. Dr.Phil is a bottom feeder. He gives every piece of crap a platform. Then acts like he will.help them with counseling or something. Jmo
The son of the Stevens family is just hurt beyond words, and just cannot make sense of this whole thing, including the fact that in some people's eyes this has turned into a three ring circus.

Here's a preview of the AH interview where we'll get to see AH talking (it's not just a voice interview but it includes video with him using something like FaceTime):
http://www.drphil.com/shows/the-fra...ler-breaks-his-silence-from-his-hospital-bed/
Seeing the preview I'm not hearing anything that I didn't expect as I don't think he maliciously set out for murder, but had some sort of drug-induced psychosis from either drug withdrawal (steroids) or drug use (shrooms, flakka, etc) or a combination of both. Just because someone acts psychotic, it doesn't mean they aren't the cause of their own psychosis.

The son of the Stevens family is just hurt beyond words, and just cannot make sense of this whole thing, including the fact that in some people's eyes this has turned into a three ring circus.
I feel really bad for the son...and even the neighbor who tried to intervene. It's just absolutely horrific and I couldn't imagine witnessing something that terrifying...or having to be tormented about losing a loved one so senselessly.

To think he just enjoyed a lengthy, and quite possibly an unnecessarily long hospital visit...Facetime with Dr Phil...a nice big credit for the jail store for all the cheese dip and iced tea he wants.

Just ridiculous. He deserves none of that.

Here's a preview of the AH interview where we'll get to see AH talking (it's not just a voice interview but it includes video with him using something like FaceTime):
http://www.drphil.com/shows/the-fra...ler-breaks-his-silence-from-his-hospital-bed/
Seeing the preview I'm not hearing anything that I didn't expect as I don't think he maliciously set out for murder, but had some sort of drug-induced psychosis from either drug withdrawal (steroids) or drug use (shrooms, flakka, etc) or a combination of both. Just because someone acts psychotic, it doesn't mean they aren't the cause of their own psychosis.

Well I'm sure he took something .

Now if someone slipped him a mickey; Then he will be not guilty due to temporary insanity.

But if he willingly took a drug than he will be found guilty .

Now he told the cops that they won't find drugs in his system .

Which means he took a drug willingly that he knew doesn't show up n regular tests. Jmo

I'm almost certain they will find some type of hallucinogenic in his system, even though they have ruled out LSD. Whatever they find, I'm curious to see what else shows up. What was the illegal drug "cut with"? That might lead to some of the mental problems, escalating the effects of the drug.

Well I'm sure he took something .

Now if someone slipped him a mickey; Then he will be not guilty due to temporary insanity.

But if he willingly took a drug than he will be found guilty .

Now he told the cops that they won't find drugs in his system .

Which means he took a drug willingly that he knew doesn't show up n regular tests. Jmo

That is a very interesting notion - cause it would imply IMO, that he had some interest and did some research to determine if they were detectable - which would then lead me to conclude that he was a serious and or acute /chronic user of something .

Myabe a lot of videos were actually while he was on something?

OK, he did the deed, was probably on something, a drug, who knows. My question is.....if he was voluntarily taking drugs, he will proceed to trial? Recreational drugs can't be an excuse, no.

Imo.

Dr.Phil is a bottom feeder. He gives every piece of crap a platform. Then acts like he will.help them with counseling or something. Jmo

Have not been on this thread for a bit, and am surprised at some of the feelings regarding the interview! Hopefully, we will be able to see hear him, and can get information just from voice inflection, affect, eye movement etc.

THereapy is rarely about what the pt is saying - its about what they are not discussing!!

It will be interesting to see what our takes on it are.

Obviously, he is not going to incriminate himself - and Phil (loved the post about Springer) is just a creep. IMO his interview questions with dad were just moronic

but to see and hear him talk - hey it is more than we are gonna get in the next 2.5 years moo

OK, he did the deed, was probably on something, a drug, who knows. My question is.....if he was voluntarily taking drugs, he will proceed to trial? Recreational drugs can't be an excuse, no.

My interest is more in trying to get to a why - not guilt or innocence or an excuse (obviously I do not think mental illness is an excuse - it provides causation imo).

Kinda makes sense -- think about it -- a therapist who thinks mental illness is an "excuse" (in any context about anything) ought not to be one!!!!

Of course my worldview and beleif systems would prefer mentally ill people not be punsihed for being ill.

Media always gives it this luxury hotel feeling (forensic hospital settings)

google image

WTF-Stanford-law-report-hp.png

44States-MorePrisoners-3.png

femalementalprison-03-compressed_1.png

femalementalprison-04-compressed_2.png

opppss got off track (whats new!)

Google images - here is what jails that are specifically for those suffering with mental illiness look like

08+13jailxx.JPG

Instead of building shanks or outside in the yard beating each other up (its not a Hilton)

Jail%20Mental%20Health%20Promo.jpg

atascadero_file_wide-b8143c32def40d231caab7d881214b35b983c35c-s1200-c85.jpg

bilde

I think the media get mental illness correctional facilities mixed up with the jails for white collar settings for the rich or elected.

[/B]
That is a very interesting notion - cause it would imply IMO, that he had some interest and did some research to determine if they were detectable - which would then lead me to conclude that he was a serious and or acute /chronic user of something .

Myabe a lot of videos were actually while he was on something?

I think he probably used steroids since high school (I think he started when he was junior or a senior), which hiding steroids in sports is a big and lucrative business itself where he's problem known for years how to avoid being caught on non-FBI drug tests. Also I think he had recently quit steroids, which triggered roid rage so him quitting steroids also probably goes into why he said he'd test negative (which testing negative still wouldn't mean drugs weren't the proximate cause). If he says on Dr. Phil he's never touched any kind of drug including steroids I wouldn't believe him give his YouTube videos, but if he admits he has in the past used drugs that can be used against him in court.

No matter what he's going to trial - short of a judge declaring mentally incompetent for a trial (and him being interviewed I don't think helps advance that he's unfit for trial) - just it would be a matter of what he's convicted of. Seeing how he has no prior drug convictions, I don't think he'd get M1 (like someone convicted for prior for DUI could get M1, but that's not the case here), but will probably get something like M2 or less, with it coming down to if the proximate cause was him quitting drugs without going through a drug program or if he took drugs that day being the proximate cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288