FL FL - Monroe Co., #UP16893, female, age 50-74, Card Sound Bridge/ North Key Largo, Aug'17

I'm gonna go with white mold. Couldn't you see the individual barnacles or algae?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article has a different picture of the skull, without the white stuff. It doesn't even look like the same skull, but the dates and circumstances line up right.

https://media.fox29.com/media.fox29.com/photo/2017/08/07/Human Skull_1502151421863_3890231_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The white stuff might be something the crime scene people put on to stabilize it before moving it.

Also, the person is in Namus now Unidentified Person Case

Still not sure of race or sex, but they think it's an older person and there's a picture of a metal surgical plate of some kind on the recovered femur.

Last edited:
This article has a different picture of the skull, without the white stuff. It doesn't even look like the same skull, but the dates and circumstances line up right.

https://media.fox29.com/media.fox29.com/photo/2017/08/07/Human Skull_1502151421863_3890231_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The white stuff might be something the crime scene people put on to stabilize it before moving it.

Still not sure of race or sex, but they think it's an older person and there's a picture of a metal surgical plate of some kind on the recovered femur.

Your right carbuff that skull looks different?! The skull you posted has a round hole on the upper left and the nose looks different. Also the slime mold skull looks cracked on the left side which the skull you posted does not and under the eye socket looks different too. I think these are 2 different skullso_O

Posting both Skull photos for comparison:
14592313_G.jpg

Human%20Skull_1502151421863_3890231_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I wonder if perhaps the first photo was taken with an underwater camera?
Maybe second is after recovering it and getting the algae or sea slime off?
JMO.

Circumstance Notes
Surgical devise attached to the right femur Serial # and logo available

Why wouldn't they include the logo
14592313_G.jpg

JMO.
thanks for posting them together. Now I raven noticed where the upper set of teeth go on Skull # 2 that area looks much bigger than skull #1

Pictures of the femur plate:

Original

Original

Oh I thought they would put an image of the logo .. but it's only the numbers. Thank you for posting the images Gardener!

There does seem to be a faint logo stamped on it but I cannot tell which company that is-- if it is a logo. Looks like four squares only the top two squares are arched. Rotated 90 degrees it could be some kind of highly stylized EB. Also reminds me of two arched windows... Hmmm...

Last edited:
14592313_G.jpg

JMO.

I think you could be right about them cleaning the skull in place, but it that doesn't seem like the usual procedure. Usually they do that in the lab.

I'm going to try to print them side by side and put them on the light box and see if I can figure anything out. It doesn't help that they're at different angles.

Circumstance Notes
Surgical devise attached to the right femur Serial # and logo available

Why wouldn't they include the logo

thanks for posting them together. Now I raven noticed where the upper set of teeth go on Skull # 2 that area looks much bigger than skull #1
I agree- 20 yrs as a anatomy professor and that does not look like the same skull to me. Almost every landmark is different.

I think you could be right about them cleaning the skull in place, but it that doesn't seem like the usual procedure. Usually they do that in the lab.

I'm going to try to print them side by side and put them on the light box and see if I can figure anything out. It doesn't help that they're at different angles.
Great Idea if you can Carbuff, because it really looks like a different skull...which makes me wonder, well whose skull is the new one now?

There does seem to be a faint logo stamped on it but I cannot tell which company that is-- if it is a logo. Looks like four squares only the top two squares are arched. Rotated 90 degrees it could be some kind of highly stylized EB. Also reminds me of two arched windows... Hmmm...
I totally see it now! Thank You Gardner. Quickly it looks like to me like cartoon shoe prints.. But now looking closer and reading it sideways and looking for stylized letters like you pointed out. I see OD and the bottom either CD or GD.

Attachments

• Original[1].jpg
    Original[1].jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Female of uncertain ethnicity, 50-74 years old, 5 feet to 5 feet 7 inches.

No exclusions.

re: previous discussions, somebody who knows about underwater remains but didn't see the pictures said the white stuff was probably apodicere, which forms from animal fat in water or in graves. It looks sort of waxy and since there's very little fat on most skulls, there wouldn't have been much of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back