FL - Neglected Boy, 4, Wasted Away to 10 Pounds, Pace

I really wish we could get Nancy Grace to admit that she was wrong. She really crucified this poor girl on national tv and owes her a BIG apology.

I really wish we could get Nancy Grace to admit that she was wrong. She really crucified this poor girl on national tv and owes her a BIG apology.

Maybe someone from the organization that is giving the mother legal help could contact Nancy.

Or someone could send Nancy the link to the article.

Erin has been released from electronic monitoring and it looks like the DA is not eager to press charges.

http://www.srpressgazette.com/news/markes_3377___article.html/santa_erin.html
Thank you so much for this update on this tragic case. I am glad to see that the DA is truly doing his job by asking for a continuance rather than jumping the gun and adding more burdens upon this child-mother. As horrible as it was that she was arrested in the first place, perhaps this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, in the form of much needed help to ease both hers and her son's burden in his final hours. My heart goes out to Erin, her son, and her extended family.

Exonerate Erin and give her child back AND the help (financial and otherwise) she so desperately needs. And an award for keeping him alive this long.

Thanks for the petition link, Shadowraiths.

I am so glad they dropped the charges. I pray that hospice care can help Erin and this baby have their (maybe) last moments together in peace. Prayers for Erin and her baby boy.

I hope Erin and Jayden are able to spend a few peaceful last moments together. Erin sounds like she has done a wonderful job with her son.

For Jayden's sake, I'm glad she's getting to spend time with him.

I'm still having a really difficult time with this story. The bedsores and not having any trace of the seizure meds in him just won't leave my mind. Both my daughter and I take seizure meds, and although I know his system absorbs much differently, I know how long they stay in your system. Bedsores? hmmmmm, they take quite a while to develop. too many questions for me still.

The system absolutely failed her, of that I have no question. I just have other questions about how she cared for him.

I hope her presence comforts Jayden and he knows that he is loved. Such a terrible thing for him to be going through. My prayers are with him.

If he wasn't absorbing anything at all, the seizure meds would have been pooped right out along with his nutrients. When someone is so undernourished, bedsores can develop relatively quickly.

That said, he should have been in a hospital sooner, but the docs who had seen him a couple of months earlier didn't seem to think so.

In any event, she didn't deserve the media treatment she got.

Erin Markes regained her " parental control" today! :clap:
A judge granted her this right, however, 4-year-old Jaden must remain at a hospice center. Erin wants him to be able to go outside.

see link at: www.wkrg.com name of article: I'm Glad It's Almost Over

I feel terrible about the post on made early on, of course I jumped to conclusions. I've learned my lesson,! I won't post again on a thread until all facts are in...:( :(

I did exactly the same tempus, and feel ashamed of it as well. I can't even begin to imagine being only 19 and dealing with something like this, and I admire Erin tremendously for her dedication to her son. I think sometimes we see so many cases where children are mistreated, that its the first thing that springs to mind whenever there is a report of a malnourished or injured child. We forget there could be other possible explanations.

I'm glad Erin and Jaden can spend some time together, and I'm praying for them both.

I hope Erin was able to be there while he passed. It says most babies with that don't live past age 2. He lived to 4 years old. My prayers for them.

RIP, Jaden.

I hope Erin has a wonderful future and can put this arrest behind her and keep her head up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back