Identified! FL - Palm Beach Co, near State Rd 703, WhtFem 14-15, UP16314, in woods, Jun'74 - Suzanne Gale Poole

Here is another possible match
Rose Ann Hockenson The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Date of Last Contact February 14, 1973
Missing From Naranja, Florida (about 2 hour drive to North Palm Beach)
Missing Age 14 Years

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

I am going to email the Palm Beach PD. It's worth a shot.
Actually, email the Palm Beach Sheriff since this UID was not found in the town of Palm Beach.

Wow. I have been wondering for a long time who this Jane Doe is. I turned in Rose Hockenson two weeks ago but I never heard back. (I also turned in Rose as a possible match to the Altamonte Jane Doe) which the detective is thinking it may be her.

Wow. I have been wondering for a long time who this Jane Doe is. I turned in Rose Hockenson two weeks ago but I never heard back. (I also turned in Rose as a possible match to the Altamonte Jane Doe) which the detective is thinking it may be her.
I’m gonna email Carrie Sutherland from NamUs and see if she knows why this girl was removed

Thrilled to see the heading on this thread marked as “Resolved.”
Not second guessing or being cheeky, just trying to understand the usual procedures for such tagging.
  • Is adding this tag something that only the Mods can do?
  • Is there a subtext to the choice of tags used? I’ve seen these used in the Identified Forum: Match!, Resolved, and Identified. Are they used interchangeably?
  • Was the Resolved status assumed based on the disappearance of this UID’s NamUs profile, or was there some confirmation from LE?
I understand that neither this community, nor the public at large, is privy to any information that individuals or LE choose not to make public. PBSO may or may not release a press statement for the Singer Island Doe. These remains are all that is left of a precious human life and their dignity and that of their living kin is paramount.

Progress with DNA identification has taken off with unparalleled success. I wonder if, as the frequency increases, the novelty and perhaps the perceived “newsworthiness” of releasing this information will decrease? It’s been hard to keep up of late.
Thanks y’all!

Not second guessing or being cheeky, just trying to understand the usual procedures for such tagging.
  • Is there a subtext to the choice of tags used? I’ve seen these used in the Identified Forum: Match!, Resolved, and Identified. Are they used interchangeably?
  • Was the Resolved status assumed based on the disappearance of this UID’s NamUs profile, or was there some confirmation from LE?
I understand that neither this community, nor the public at large, is privy to any information that individuals or LE choose not to make public. PBSO may or may not release a press statement for the Singer Island Doe. These remains are all that is left of a precious human life and their dignity and that of their living kin is paramount.

Progress with DNA identification has taken off with unparalleled success. I wonder if, as the frequency increases, the novelty and perhaps the perceived “newsworthiness” of releasing this information will decrease? It’s been hard to keep up of late.
Thanks y’all!

There are some strange cases, that probably should just be stuck in a "resolved" file (obviously this is not one of them):
Examples:
  • Skeletal remains are non-human
  • Grave robbers
  • Minor committing the crime of grave robbing. (Yes it happens)
  • Medical school cadaver mishaps and stunts
  • Mix Up (Case that was identified previously but for some reason marked as UID. We had one here dated from 1985)
  • Archeological remains previously assumed to be recent
  • Cemetery mishaps (A pond was recently dug on a very old cemetery)
  • Misplaced remains
  • Remains stolen from medical examiners offices decades ago

Thanks y’all!

I was wondering the same thing. I have belonged to Websleuths for about 15 years. I believe if other profiles were taking down in NamUs their thread here wasn't always tagged as being "resolved" unless they knew more than what the general public knows. I hope we do find out she was finally identified, even if they don't release her name.

There are some strange cases, that probably should just be stuck in a "resolved" file (obviously this is not one of them):
Examples:
  • Skeletal remains are non-human
  • Grave robbers
  • Minor committing the crime of grave robbing. (Yes it happens)
  • Medical school cadaver mishaps and stunts
  • Mix Up (Case that was identified previously but for some reason marked as UID. We had one here dated from 1985)
  • Archeological remains previously assumed to be recent
  • Cemetery mishaps (A pond was recently dug on a very old cemetery)
  • Misplaced remains
  • Remains stolen from medical examiners offices decades ago
Thank you! This is so thorough and about 8 more than I could think of!

Thank you! This is so thorough and about 8 more than I could think of!

Here's the case of a likely "Mix Up". I think he was likely identified within a year or so after he was killed. I think he was in the Doe Network as Unidentified. His NAMUS did not have LE contact info. I remember trying to figure out if he was Bexar County Sheriff's or San Antonio PD. Obviously this was a homicide.

He still persists as an UID on Texas DPS: unDetails

https://wiki/Bexar_County_John_Doe_(1987) (Can't get link to work, but he's on there)
43UMTX
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho