Resolved FL - Palm Beach Co, WhtFem, UP16715, 22-44, in wooded area, two diamond rings, Dec'82 - namus removed

Refreshing the thread

Palm Beach County Jane Doe (December 1982)

Discovered December 19, 1982
Unidentified for 39 years
Sex Female
Location Loxahatchee, Florida
Age 22-44
Race White
Height 5'3 Weight unknown
Body condition Decomposed
Postmortem interval Months
Cause of death Gunshot (homicide)
Hair color Brown
  • Possibly brown hair.
  • Possibly multiple pregnancies.
  • Previous back injury.
  • Possibly a smoker.
  • A crown and numerous fillings.
  • Four antemortem extractions.
  • Teeth #1, 5, 19, 30, and 16 impacted.
  • Three temporary porcelain caps.
  • T-shirt w/ “Moose Ale 1980” on it. Did somebody found moose ale, because I couldn't, only moosehead beer, a Canadian beer.
  • Blue jeans, size 29 x 32.
  • Bra, size 34D.
  • White string bikini panties.
  • Benrus wristwatch.
  • Two "diamond" rings; one was a white metal pinky ring and the other was a 10k yellow metal cocktail ring with 4 baguette white stones. The picture shows a totally different ring, with red stones. What is the other "thing" in the middle?
  • Necklace w/ yellow metal mariners anchor and a key present.
upload_2022-1-16_14-16-47.png

upload_2022-1-16_14-17-40.png

upload_2022-1-16_14-18-34.png

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP16715

An article about the possible killer Christopher Bernard Wilder.
South Bay History: Christopher Wilder’s savage crime rampage included a stop off in the South Bay – Daily Breeze

The 39-year-old Wilder was a former race-car driver who owned a successful electrical contracting company in Boynton Beach, Florida, north of Miami. He owned a home, a condo and property in the area.

He was born in Australia on March 13, 1945, and immigrated to the U.S. in 1970. He was indeed a professional photographer who shot beauty contests and did freelance work for magazines. In addition, he raced Porsches, mostly for his own enjoyment.

He also was a vicious sexual predator. His dark side surfaced in 1977, when he was charged with sexual battery, but acquitted. In 1980, he was convicted of the same charge in Palm Beach, Florida.

He returned to Australia in 1982, where he was charged again with sexual battery after using his photographer guise to victimize two 15-year-old girls. But after paying the $400,000 bail, he skipped the country and returned to the U.S.

Also interesting stuff in this book about Wilders in Loxahatchee The Encyclopedia of Kidnappings

Florida Missing Person Flyer

On December 19, 1982 the unidentified body of a white female was found in a wooded area on F Road, about 140 yards north of Okeechobee Road in Loxahatchee, Florida. The woman was estimated to be 24-34 years of age with a height between 5'3" to 5'6".

One ring looks like an engagement ring and the garnet ring like a heirloom. Key is probably a real latchkey and the anchor was the original charm on the necklace, but it was twisted.
This case looks so solveable

One ring looks like an engagement ring and the garnet ring like a heirloom. Key is probably a real latchkey and the anchor was the original charm on the necklace, but it was twisted.
This case looks so solveable
Agreed. So many details and clues!!

The jewelry left behind makes me think the perp knew it had little to no value. If so, a partner or family member would know that. An unsuspecting, novice killer would likely assume they were real and take them.

Hmmm. Only one rule-out on this Doe’s exclusions page. The missing woman was the former wife of infamous race car driver and convicted criminal John Paul, Sr.
MP34372
Chalice Paul
06/01/1981
Monroe, FL

Just as an aside, the MP link is hinky.
Neither Chalice Paul’s name or MP34372 seem currently active on NamUs.
Maybe this is good news for her family?

Hmmm. Only one rule-out on this Doe’s exclusions page. The missing woman was the former wife of infamous race car driver and convicted criminal John Paul, Sr.
MP34372
Chalice Paul
06/01/1981
Monroe, FL

Just as an aside, the MP link is hinky.
Neither Chalice Paul’s name or MP34372 seem currently active on NamUs.
Maybe this is good news for her family?
Here’s Chalice’s websleuths forum FL - FL - Chalice Paul, 33, Key West, Summer 1981

Agreed. So many details and clues!!

The jewelry left behind makes me think the perp knew it had little to no value. If so, a partner or family member would know that. An unsuspecting, novice killer would likely assume they were real and take them.

The garnet ring is def real.
Not all random killers take their victims jewelry.

T-shirt w/ “Moose Ale 1980” on it. Did somebody found moose ale, because I couldn't, only moosehead beer, a Canadian beer.
I'm pretty sure no brewery in FL would name a beer after a moose and this predates the craft beer / microbrew era anyway by several decades. I searched several breweriana sites for more info. There was a Moose Ale by Moose Brewing Co. in Roscoe PA but it was defunct long before 1980. (Repro t-shirt example here: Vintage MOOSE ALE Beer Shirts, T-Shirts, Hats and Apparel).

There weren't many other brands available back then apart from Bud/Coors/Miller etc., and maybe Heineken. Moosehead was one of the exceptions in the late 70s/80s although I don't know if it was distributed in FL. My best guess is this was some kind of knock-off t-shirt logo meant to capitalize on the Moosehead brand's popularity.

I'm pretty sure no brewery in FL would name a beer after a moose and this predates the craft beer / microbrew era anyway by several decades. I searched several breweriana sites for more info. There was a Moose Ale by Moose Brewing Co. in Roscoe PA but it was defunct long before 1980. (Repro t-shirt example here: Vintage MOOSE ALE Beer Shirts, T-Shirts, Hats and Apparel).

There weren't many other brands available back then apart from Bud/Coors/Miller etc., and maybe Heineken. Moosehead was one of the exceptions in the late 70s/80s although I don't know if it was distributed in FL. My best guess is this was some kind of knock-off t-shirt logo meant to capitalize on the Moosehead brand's popularity.

We had Moosehead beer in my neck of the woods in the 80s (New England). Not sure how far south its distribution went.

Yes or could have been a short bought from any store which used a non existent brand name as more of a fashion item in the style of popular beer brand shirts.

Feb 14 2022
by Lena Salzbank

Cold case: 'Jeweled Mom' murder remains a mystery for more than 40 years | WPEC (cbs12.com)
''LOXAHATCHEE GROVES, Fla. (CBS12) — On a Sunday morning in December of 1982, a real estate agent was assessing land along Okeechobee Boulevard and F Road when he made a gruesome discovery.

A woman's body was found scattered along the empty fields and gravel roads. The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said she was shot to death.

"What they found was scattered remains. They found remains along the roadway and scattered about from animal activity," said Detective John Cogburn said.
The "Jeweled Mom" murder is a case the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office has been trying to solve for more than 40 years, reports Lena Salzbank. Feb. 14, 2022. (WPEC)

For over 40 years the victim has remained nameless and detectives have worked hours, days, months, and years trying to solve the murder mystery and give the victim a name.

The woman's body was found with five pieces of jewelry. A silver handcrafted heart-shaped pinky ring, a gold mariner's anchor neckless with a 180-degree twist, a wristwatch, a four marquis cut ring, and a diamond ring with 14K white gold setting.

"It looks like she had a wedding ring or an engagement ring," said Cogburn. "Some of this jewelry is not cheap jewelry probably intimate stuff she wore all of the time."

The Cold Case Unit built a profile of the woman. Detectives believe she was a middle-class woman between the ages of 25 and 40 years old. She is believed to be around 5 feet tall with brown shoulder-length hair.

The woman is believed to have had two or more children.

"She wore pink frosted nail polish, and they believe she was a cigarette smoker," said Cogburn.

A pathology report tells detectives the woman may have suffered from a back injury before her death and suffered from a childhood illness.

A chart of the woman's teeth was prepared by a West Palm Beach forensic dentist shortly after she was killed. It was sent to over 2,000 dentists in Florida, but there were no matches.

If anyone recognizes the jewelry in the photos above or remembers a woman who disappeared back in the 80's you asked to call CRIMESTOPPERS at 800-458-TIPS.''

Last edited:
Cold case: 'Jeweled Mom' murder remains a mystery for more than 40 years | WPEC (cbs12.com)
cefda9ec-051d-454d-81ca-a2b9b2cad863-ColdCase1.jpg

f7b24cb5-2637-40bf-a10c-bef5b35ad12f-ColdCase8.jpg

b7df3948-af1c-403b-acc0-77fd22bb8919-ColdCase5.jpg

4692b557-4216-4d60-bab9-1085d758a4e8-ColdCase3.jpg

That twisted anchor is different. I wonder what the twist represents? Maybe that is a padlock key, a lock box, safe deposit box or a screen door key? It is not that much bigger than the anchor.

upload_2022-2-15_12-33-14.png

That twisted anchor is different. I wonder what the twist represents? Maybe that is a padlock key, a lock box, safe deposit box or a screen door key? It is not that much bigger than the anchor.

View attachment 333722
It's a key to a Master brand padlock. See the other thread.

Feb 2 2022
Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
''The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has around 360 unsolved homicides and a dedicated team of COLD CASE investigators working on the most GUT-WRENCHING homicides, dating back to 1962. This is the story of “The Jeweled Mom Murder.” She was found on Sunday, December 12th of 1982 by a real estate agent scouting an area. Her jeweled body was found, but her killer is still on the loose. Help us identify this jeweled mother and bring her justice.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back