Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sleuthin4fun

Reaction score

Shotguns, frequent visits by the law surround deadly burglary

By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact), RYAN MILLS (Contact)
Originally published 1:53 p.m., Monday, March 23, 2009
Updated 8:21 p.m., Monday, March 23, 2009

NAPLES — Sterlin Misener Jr. raised a sawed-off shotgun early Friday and fired at 19-year-old Patrick Hutchison, who fell face down in the driveway with “several holes through the flesh” under his arm pit, authorities said Monday.
According to an incident report released Monday by the Collier County Sheriff’s Office, deputies found Hutchison without a pulse and bleeding from his mouth, nose and arm pit.
The former Gulf Coast High School student is suspected of burglarizing Misener’s family camper, which was parked in his North Naples driveway.
In spite of efforts by deputies and emergency response personnel to revive Hutchison, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
“This is just heart-wrenching. It truly is,” said Judy Marra, whose son, Michael Marra, was close friends with Hutchison.

http://www.naplesnews.com/

Thought I would post this story and see what the great folks at websleuths had to contribute. I live in Naples. My daughter actually went to school with the victim as well as the children of the shooter. This incident also occured just a few doors down from some friends of ours. Sad! all the way around. Much more info at link.

Good Lord! this case has so many twists and turns! Saying prayers for this boy's family and friends.

Good Lord! this case has so many twists and turns! Saying prayers for this boy's family and friends.

When you read through all of the information that is out there it is unreal. My daughter had classes over the years with Pat and says that he was very friendly and always made people laugh. He has begun to run with the wrong crowd over the past year. What I have trouble with is the police being called to the Misener home 22 times in the last 5 years. Why? (this is not a bad neighborhood) Also the fact that he was shot at close range with a sawed off shot gun. Things just don't add up. I think there will be much more to come out of this.

September 2010:

Naples man who killed teen intruder gets 4 years' probation

http://archive.naplesnews.com/news/crime/naples-man-who-killed-teen-intruder-gets-4-years-probation-ep-393805672-343201932.html/

A Naples man who shot and killed a teenage intruder on his property was sentenced to four years' probation after he pleaded to a weapons charge Thursday.

Sterlin F. Misener Jr. had faced a maximum 15 years in prison if convicted of the charge, possessing a sawed-off shotgun.

Misener killed 19-year-old Patrick Hutchinson on March 20, 2009, after catching the teenager on his Willoughby Drive property around 4:30 a.m., exiting the nearby family camper. Misener told law enforcement he confronted Hutchinson with a shotgun and pulled the trigger when the teen lunged at him.

The homeowner called 911, admitted to shooting Hutchinson and lead the responding officer to the gun, which he had placed on a kitchen counter.

http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/cases/case_60

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio71