FL FL - Pinellas Co, WhtFem, 35-55, Headless & Weighted Down, Belleair Beach, 25 Apr 1972

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP1348
ME/C Case Number 72-7137

Female, White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years) 35-55
Estimated Year of Death- 1972
Estimated PMI 1 Week

Height 5' 1"(61 inches) , Estimated
Weight 125 lbs, Estimated

Location Found Map
Street Address
Beach 620 - 640 Gulf Blvd.
Belleair Beach, Florida 33786
Pinellas County

Circumstances of Recovery
Headless white female who washed ashore on Belleair Beach. She was weighted down with lead weights secured to her with wire. One lead weight had "Selco" on it and the wire used was "Walkersyn 900 machine tool 12 type THW/600V" Last manufactured in 1962. Three days prior a body was seen floating about 1/2 mile south of Belleair Beach, which was not located by law enforcement on that date. Decedent's blood type was A, RH+.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I can't find reference to Walkersyn as a company or anything else. Also no reference to Selco weights.

When I read "weights" I was imagining barbells but I found an image of Selco Lead Fishing Weights:

China-wholesale-Coated-Pear-Carp-Lead-fishing.jpg_350x350.jpg

China Wholesale Coated Pear Carp Lead Fishing Weights - Buy Fishing Lead Sinkers,Carp Fishing Leads,Coated Lead Weights Product on Alibaba.com

So perhaps it was something like those? Only perhaps larger/heavier?

Last edited:
I’m sure authorities must have already looked into this but I still wanted to post it here:

Kathaleen Elizabeth Folk-Hine

She went missing in Parrish or Palmetto, Florida, which are both less than an hour by car from where the UID was discovered. She matches the age and weight of the UID. Her height is just slightly off (5’3”- 5’5”) but since the UID’s height is obviously an estimate, I could see past that. And she suffered a rare hair condition which caused her to wear a wig and which could possibly “explain” why she was beheaded (I imagine that she would have been easy to identify because of this condition).
The only thing that makes me doubt this possible match is that she went missing January 15th and the UID was found April 25th and they determined the PMI was only 1 week. Which means either they are way off or she had been kept somewhere before she was killed. Both options don’t seem highly likely to me. Nevertheless, I would like to know if she’s been officially ruled out.

I’m sure authorities must have already looked into this but I still wanted to post it here:

Kathaleen Elizabeth Folk-Hine

She went missing in Parrish or Palmetto, Florida, which are both less than an hour by car from where the UID was discovered. She matches the age and weight of the UID. Her height is just slightly off (5’3”- 5’5”) but since the UID’s height is obviously an estimate, I could see past that. And she suffered a rare hair condition which caused her to wear a wig and which could possibly “explain” why she was beheaded (I imagine that she would have been easy to identify because of this condition).
The only thing that makes me doubt this possible match is that she went missing January 15th and the UID was found April 25th and they determined the PMI was only 1 week. Which means either they are way off or she had been kept somewhere before she was killed. Both options don’t seem highly likely to me. Nevertheless, I would like to know if she’s been officially ruled out.
Kay Hine was my mother. Did that headless woman have a round vaccination mark on her upper left arm? Did she have a cesarean birth scar on her belly? Did she have brunette pubic hair? Did she have small feet like size 5? My mom was very petite. Well sun tanned skin. She wasn't 125 lbs. She told me doctor wanted her to gain weight, wanted her to get to 125. Last thing cops told me about five years ago by phone was they got a tip. I asked what tip. "That she is in the septic tank." There was two on that property. I asked did they go search? He said they can not get permission to go on the property to search. From Gilbert Hine who owns the property. I told the cop, they are not doing anything in 40 years. I told them to drop her case. Not talked to them since. Oh and the cop also said "no one cares". Meaning after 40 plus years all involved in her murder is dead by natural causes. No one to punish. Gilbert Hine worked for the local court house and was in realestate. Public records show he was a multi millionaire when he died. That's why I was quoted 'no one cares'.

Last edited:
Kay Hine was my mother. Did that headless woman have a round vaccination mark on her upper left arm? Did she have a cesarean birth scar on her belly? Did she have brunette pubic hair? Did she have small feet like size 5? My mom was very petite. Well sun tanned skin. She wasn't 125 lbs. She told me doctor wanted her to gain weight, wanted her to get to 125. Last thing cops told me about five years ago by phone was they got a tip. I asked what tip. "That she is in the septic tank." There was two on that property. I asked did they go search? He said they can not get permission to go on the property to search. From Gilbert Hine who owns the property. I told the cop, they are not doing anything in 40 years. I told them to drop her case. Not talked to them since. Oh and the cop also said "no one cares". Meaning after 40 plus years all involved in her murder is dead by natural causes. No one to punish. Gilbert Hine worked for the local court house and was in realestate. Public records show he was a multi millionaire when he died. That's why I was quoted 'no one cares'.
Welcome to Websleuths, @Her kid . I'm so sorry about your mother, and about the lack of progress on her case.

So, which is it? Did she arrive at the fairgrounds, or not? If her intent was to work on a fair committee with others, wouldn’t she need her glasses? What exactly was she expected to help with at the poultry barn?

Circumstances of Disappearance
Folk-Hine, a mother of 5 children, was supposed to go to the Manatee County Fair in Palmetto, FL on Jan. 15, 1972. She was a fair committee member and was going to help out at the poultry barn. Her husband told law enforcement that she was last seen at the Manatee County Fairgrounds. Folk-Hine left behind her children, dozens of animals, her purse, her glasses and medicine.

So, which is it? Did she arrive at the fairgrounds, or not? If her intent was to work on a fair committee with others, wouldn’t she need her glasses? What exactly was she expected to help with at the poultry barn?

Circumstances of Disappearance
Folk-Hine, a mother of 5 children, was supposed to go to the Manatee County Fair in Palmetto, FL on Jan. 15, 1972. She was a fair committee member and was going to help out at the poultry barn. Her husband told law enforcement that she was last seen at the Manatee County Fairgrounds. Folk-Hine left behind her children, dozens of animals, her purse, her glasses and medicine.
No..She did not go to the fair grounds. That was a lie her husband Gilbert told the cops. I have learned a lot over the years. To start, a year after she poof vanished, I needed to leave my abusive husband. I asked Gilbert send me a plane ticket, he did. I stayed at the house with him and his two young sons. On the 5th day Gilbert asked me to live with him, he would pay for my divorce, showed me the trunk of her car, it had all her clothes packed in boxes. He laughed and said she must of been planning a trip. Wait, without her car, her clothes, her favorite sun glasses that were on the seat? Oh and let me not forget the good part, Gilbert wanted me to sleep with him. I was 22 years old. He was older than dirt. Later I learn from one of the boys that she was planning to take the two boys and run to ohio. But, the one not did not want to go and told Gilbert she was planning to leave. Next day she poof vanished. They had a physical fight,the boy said they saw Gilbert holding a wooden foot stool like he was gona throw it. Didn't know if he threw it till they saw it broken with blood on it. 20 yrs later I was there and visited the renter. Found a bullet hole in the wall. The renter called the cops. They came she said, and they stuck their finger in the hole. That's all. Then there's a locked room, I unlocked. In it had all of mom's stuff. Found her clothes stacked behind a small closet in the corner. I got her wigs. Tried to get cops check dna, said since they were in plastic bags, they will be contaminated. So no. Like I said, the cop told me on our last call, "no one cares" and "they can't get permission to search the property". By the way, all the information the cops have released, came from me. I went to their court house and found the forged deed with my mom's signature on it eight years after she 'poof' vanished. I'm the one who searched Texas and found Gilbert said she was dead in one county and went to another county five days later and married Carol. No there is no death certificate for Kathaleen Elizabeth Folk Hine.

No..She did not go to the fair grounds. That was a lie her husband Gilbert told the cops. I have learned a lot over the years. To start, a year after she poof vanished, I needed to leave my abusive husband. I asked Gilbert send me a plane ticket, he did. I stayed at the house with him and his two young sons. On the 5th day Gilbert asked me to live with him, he would pay for my divorce, showed me the trunk of her car, it had all her clothes packed in boxes. He laughed and said she must of been planning a trip. Wait, without her car, her clothes, her favorite sun glasses that were on the seat? Oh and let me not forget the good part, Gilbert wanted me to sleep with him. I was 22 years old. He was older than dirt. Later I learn from one of the boys that she was planning to take the two boys and run to ohio. But, the one not did not want to go and told Gilbert she was planning to leave. Next day she poof vanished. They had a physical fight,the boy said they saw Gilbert holding a wooden foot stool like he was gona throw it. Didn't know if he threw it till they saw it broken with blood on it. 20 yrs later I was there and visited the renter. Found a bullet hole in the wall. The renter called the cops. They came she said, and they stuck their finger in the hole. That's all. Then there's a locked room, I unlocked. In it had all of mom's stuff. Found her clothes stacked behind a small closet in the corner. I got her wigs. Tried to get cops check dna, said since they were in plastic bags, they will be contaminated. So no. Like I said, the cop told me on our last call, "no one cares" and "they can't get permission to search the property". By the way, all the information the cops have released, came from me. I went to their court house and found the forged deed with my mom's signature on it eight years after she 'poof' vanished. I'm the one who searched Texas and found Gilbert said she was dead in one county and went to another county five days later and married Carol. No there is no death certificate for Kathaleen Elizabeth Folk Hine.
By the way I failed to add that I got back on the plane the next day and went back to the abusive situation I had left. Figured I would be Gilbert's next victim if I had stayed. Needless I found many years later the one son was never adopted. He was a foster child that they lied and said he was adopted. Too many years gone by to find his birth family. I want the cops to search that place and the septic tank and find what's left of her. She has 3 birth kids left. We are old. We want to know he killed her. He died a millionaire from real estates he sold. I was told it's in his will that that house is to never be sold. Why, is there something to hide?

Last edited:
@Her kid
You should definitely get set up as a Verified Insider so you don’t need a main stream media link for the info you’re providing.

Verified Professional and Insider Members
about all I know. I l ive in Mn, and the cops closed the case because they feel all involved is dead. The younger ones don't care. So as far as the cops. She didn't exist. And there's no one to prosecute left even if they did find a bone of hers. She never existed and no one cares. Too many now-a-day cases for the cops 'not' to care about.

about all I know. I l ive in Mn, and the cops closed the case because they feel all involved is dead. The younger ones don't care. So as far as the cops. She didn't exist. And there's no one to prosecute left even if they did find a bone of hers. She never existed and no one cares. Too many now-a-day cases for the cops 'not' to care about.
It shouldn’t matter if anyone is left to prosecute. Your mom deserves to Rest In Peace and be home where her family can visit her. I’m sorry this is happening. The apathy is appalling. Don’t give up! Keep on trying to get someone’s attention. Stay here on WS so any developments can be tracked and hopefully the fabulous members can help!

never give up it’s your mom!! Faith moves mountains.. I could only imagine how frustrating this is. But please know that if it’s any comfort.. we care!

@Her kid perhaps time to try new avenues via the crowd here. If you have any interest in media (not main stream newspapers or news channels, but crime podcasts for example) that could also be an option. It sounds as though there are a lot of threads that need drawing together and - please don't take this the wrong way - sometimes a person who is interested, but not emotionally involved, can be really useful. They can package up the information on your behalf and put it out there. It's time to share the load on this.

Have you and/or siblings submitted DNA to authorities so that you could be compared to any other unidentified remains they are testing?

You are in our thoughts, it must be awful to have no answers.

@Her kid I'm so sorry you've been put through so much. I assume you've shared all your findings with the police?

Do you know what your mother's blood type was?

Please don't give up. You've found a determined group of people here who would love to help you.

I also want to encourage you to become a verified insider. It's a very simple process.

@Her kid perhaps time to try new avenues via the crowd here. If you have any interest in media (not main stream newspapers or news channels, but crime podcasts for example) that could also be an option. It sounds as though there are a lot of threads that need drawing together and - please don't take this the wrong way - sometimes a person who is interested, but not emotionally involved, can be really useful. They can package up the information on your behalf and put it out there. It's time to share the load on this.

Have you and/or siblings submitted DNA to authorities so that you could be compared to any other unidentified remains they are testing?

You are in our thoughts, it must be awful to have no answers.
Yes,there was a skull found not far away a few years ago. Yes 3 of us did a d.n a. It turned out to be a elderly black male so that sheriff's office said. To us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back