Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is definitely a van. What you were looking at originally was a cropped version of the photo where they eliminated virtually all the light. Not sure if it was intentionally done that way in order to make the photo look a little more ominous than it really was but it definitely was and the cropped version is what has been circulating around for decades. While the photo that you posted second has only bee going around the net for a couple years now.
Where is the photo with the gauze and glasses? They also mention a second mystery photo of a girl with duck tape on her mouth. I can’t seem to find them online anywhere.

Where is the photo with the gauze and glasses? They also mention a second mystery photo of a girl with duck tape on her mouth. I can’t seem to find them online anywhere.
;)
tCmI9.jpg

tCsm2.jpg

Thanks. The one on the train is odd - almost like they are playing around. Not what I expected. The first one is very disturbing.
:cool: There's loads of interesting discussions you can find on R€dd1t
- Unresolved Mysteries in particular is worth a search -;)

(I'm sure this has been linked here somewhere already...)
FROM THE CASE FILE... Investigation of Tara Calico
Case File — VANISHED: The Tara Calico Investigation

Thanks. The one on the train is odd - almost like they are playing around. Not what I expected. The first one is very disturbing.

The train one is most definitely just a joke photo. The other one does look more disturbing but there is no way of knowing its origins or if it is even a pic of a crime or if it is just two people doing a little bondage. It was found in California and the only reason it has any connection to the Calico case at all is that Tara's mom looked at it and thought that it could be her.

And as you can tell it is a super grainy picture as well.

Last edited:
Eek I'm gonna have that first picture on mental replay tonight. We got some sick bastards in this world.

Eek I'm gonna have that first picture on mental replay tonight. We got some sick bastards in this world.

True. However it is really impossible to know the context behind that first photo. It is basically just a head shot of someone. We don't even know if the person is tied up at all. It could easily have just been two people having sex who decided to take snapshots of each other. People were a lot more open with pictures or videos being made/taken of risque behavior in the pre-internet days before they could be instantly placed on the web for the entire world to see. To be honest there were probably thousands upon thousands of photos just like that swirling around somewhere and likely 90-95% of them had no criminal context whatsoever. Most all of them have long been forgotten about and we often are now only seeing the ones that got attached to particular cases (by way of Tara Calico's mom in these particular photos we are seeing in this thread).

However it is really impossible to know the context behind that first photo. It is basically just a head shot of someone. We don't even know if the person is tied up at all...

(by way of Tara Calico's mom in these particular photos we are seeing in this thread).
This ^

:cool: O.k. so from what I've read...
Over the years 100's of pics have been sent as 'tips' to investigators who then have had family look at them. All of which they've discounted as being Tara, apart from these
BUT...
it's not that they think it IS (possibly) her it's more a case of they can't discount absolutely it's NOT her
- Hope that makes sense - :confused:

As you can't see either face clearly enough to be certain (100%) they can't be ruled out for now.
I guess they hoped anyone who recognised the pics would come forward when they released them?

;) For what it's worth her family* also think the 'train pic' is most likely not her & a 'joke-snap' completely irrelevant to the case.
*It was her Mam or sister but I can't remember?
- & obviously this is all rumours, IMO, MOO etc. - :D

Bed pic shows some strange red stuff on her chest. Not Tara at all. Very wide set eyes.

When en where was this pic found?

@Daphne1972 the bed pic was found in Montecito, California. Don't know exactly when the pic was discovered but based on the look of the photo it looks like it was probably taken sometime in the late '80's/early '90's. As far as the red marks you are referring to I think that just maybe part of the graininess of the photo. I don't think those red marks are part of the girls body.

To be honest it almost looks like a thumb print like someone put their fingers/thumb right there while holding it at one time.

Right now I can't find the boy's Doe Network page, but here is the girl's:

66UFFL

The Doe Network:
Case File 66UFFL

Colour photo here:
bound.jpg

Unidentified Female Last seen on June 15, 1989 in Port St. Joe, Gulf County, Florida.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair and blue eyes.

Case History
On June 15, 1989, a Polaroid photo of this girl bound and gagged was found in a Port St. Joe, FL convenience store parking lot by a customer. The photo also showed an unidentified boy, also bound. The photo was found where a white, late 1980's Toyota cargo van with no windows had previously been parked. This unidentified teenage girl was also seen on the beach in Port St. Joe, Florida on June 15, 1989. She was accompanied by several older caucasian males, who appeared to be ordering the girl along the beachfront. It is not known if this girl was being held against her will by these individuals or if the incident was staged. Investigators are still trying to ascertain the girl's identity, which would allow them to close the case or investigate further.

A tattered copy of "My Sweet Audrina" by V.C. Andrews, a lastic cup and a squirt gun are also visible in the photo. Polaroid officials say the picture was taken with film not available until May 1989. Two other photos have surfaced over the years. The first was found near a residential construction site in Montecito, California. The haunting Polaroid, taken on film not available until June 1989, shows the blurry image of a girl's face, her mouth again covered with tape, her hairline exhibiting that same cowlick at the right temple. Behind her is light-blue striped fabric similar to that on the pillow in the Toyota van photo. Another Polaroid, this one taken on film not available until February 1990, shows a woman loosely bound in gauze, her eyes covered with more gauze and large black-framed glasses. A man is sitting next to her on a passenger seat of an Amtrak train.

There have been speculations that the girl in this case file is Tara Calico who disappeared from New Mexico in 1988.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this girl's identity, please contact:
Port St. Joe Police Department
850-229-8265
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

--------

From http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/calico.html

"A copy of the V. C. Andrews novel My Sweet Audrina, a plastic cup, and a squirt gun are also visible in the photo. There is apparently a phone number written on the spine of the book, but some of the digits are unreadable. Experts say it could be 300 possible numbers, 57 of which are valid."

"The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) examined the photo and cannot determine whether the girl is Calico or the boy Henley, but experts at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in Arizona believes the girl is Calico. The girl has a similar hairline and ear to Calico's, and a mark on her calf similar to a scar Calico got in a car crash."
To me this photo looks really strange. It could be a real picture some maniac did "for fun" or maybe this is just a stupid joke.
Somebody took this photo and said "now let's see what's gonna happen!"
This world is full of sick criminals but is also full of stupid people :rolleyes:

@Daphne1972 the bed pic was found in Montecito, California. Don't know exactly when the pic was discovered but based on the look of the photo it looks like it was probably taken sometime in the late '80's/early '90's. As far as the red marks you are referring to I think that just maybe part of the graininess of the photo. I don't think those red marks are part of the girls body.

To be honest it almost looks like a thumb print like someone put their fingers/thumb right there while holding it at one time.
Yes could be!

She reminds me of an Alcala victim killed in 1971. Just saying.

Cornelia Crilley.

She reminds you of the bed pic? The film that the bed pic was taken on was said to not be available until '89. I think that is a big reason why Calico's family refuses to rule these photos out is that not only do the gals look somewhat like Calico but the photos were also taken within a couple year range of when Calico went missing.

She reminds you of the bed pic? The film that the bed pic was taken on was said to not be available until '89. I think that is a big reason why Calico's family refuses to rule these photos out is that not only do the gals look somewhat like Calico but the photos were also taken within a couple year range of when Calico went missing.
I know but imo this is a polaroid of a pic.

I know but imo this is a polaroid of a pic.

Oh so you are saying you think the pic we are seeing is just a picture taken of an already existing picture? Could be but there would be no way to prove that unless that same picture taken on older film suddenly showed up.

One way you could find out if that pic had anything to do with the Crilley case is that Crilley was killed in her home. So if you can dig up pictures of the Crilley case somewhere and see if you can find images of the inside of her house and see if it resembles the image of that girl in the photo at all.

To be honest though it is probably a far better chance it is just a random pic.

Edit...….Daphne just looked into the Crilley case a bit and they seem to know who killed her. They are also familiar with the vast majority of the photos he took so I don't think they would be unaware of a photo floating around on the net that was attached to something Alcala did. And I especially don't think they would allow a photo of an Alcala victim to be attached to some other case.

Last edited:
Oh so you are saying you think the pic we are seeing is just a picture taken of an already existing picture? Could be but there would be no way to prove that unless that same picture taken on older film suddenly showed up.

One way you could find out if that pic had anything to do with the Crilley case is that Crilley was killed in her home. So if you can dig up pictures of the Crilley case somewhere and see if you can find images of the inside of her house and see if it resembles the image of that girl in the photo at all.

To be honest though it is probably a far better chance it is just a random pic.

Edit...….Daphne just looked into the Crilley case a bit and they seem to know who killed her. They are also familiar with the vast majority of the photos he took so I don't think they would be unaware of a photo floating around on the net that was attached to something Alcala did. And I especially don't think they would allow a photo of an Alcala victim to be attached to some other case.
I know her case. Killed at home. Found on overturned bed. Raped and strangled by Alcala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa