Recovered/Located FL - Rachel Schwartz, 33, visiting, didn't fly back to MN, Spring Hill, 31 Jan 2023

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Rachel-Schwartz-missing-2.jpg

Rachel-Schwartz-missing-1.jpg

Rachel-Schwartz-missing-3.jpg

A Florida mother of two who served in the Army in Iraq has gone missing after telling her father she had fears about her ex-boyfriend, according to the family.

Rachel Schwartz, 33, suffers from PTSD and other stress-related illness, according to her brother-in-law, Benjamin Schrupp.

Her last known location was in Spring Hill, about 50 miles north of Tampa, he said.

Schwartz's family has not had contact with her since Jan. 31, when she last spoke with her father, he said. Her sister is raising awareness on Facebook. Relatives, including the father of her children, who is not the same ex, filed a missing person report with the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.

Much more at Florida vet, mother of 2 missing after telling dad she's afraid of her ex, family says

ETA: Whoops, it appears that the bf that Rachel was afraid of is not the father of her children. Why would she visit him then?

Last edited:
Schwartz's sister, Elizabeth Schrupp, said that she was supposed to fly home to Minnesota on February 4.

'Her last message to my dad was that she wanted to come home and she was afraid of her ex. The same day her phone and social media account went silent,' Schrupp wrote on Facebook.

It's unclear why Schwartz decided to make a pit stop at Scorah's home, but her brother-in-law told the Fox News that her last words to her father was that she feared her ex.

It appears that the ex bf she was afraid of is not the father of her children. Why would she visit him?

Schwartz had a rocky on-and-off relationship with an ex-boyfriend named John Scorah, according to her brother-in-law, and had recently told her father that she was afraid of him.

At some point during the Florida trip, she visited Scorah at his home in Wimauma, Schrupp said. Ring camera video shows she left the house carrying luggage at 5:46 p.m. on Jan. 31.

Daily Mall has a video from a Ring camera of Rachel leaving the home of her ex bf, scroll to see the video

The video caption says: The footage captured Schwartz walking away from the home as a man in the background shouted, 'Rachel I have everything you need, I’m asking you to stay one more day'

I can't really make it out while watching the video, can you?

My goodness she is tiny. The article from DM above states after leaving the house of the ex (who she was afraid of), she checked into a veteran crisis center. Where did she go from there?
That's a good question, when did she leave the veteran crisis center? Why would she miss her flight on 2/4? Did she say goodbye to her kids?

She returned to Florida last month to visit with her two children, who reside with their father, but at one point traveled to see her former boyfriend.

Schwartz was then last seen at a rental home owned by a landlord who provides housing to troubled veterans.

Rachel's FB, last post on 1/29.

On of her post , on 1/6, was looking for "sober sister" to pick her up for a meeting. Obviously we don't know her addiction, but could a bender last this long? Not saying this the case more just curious.

She returned to Florida last month to visit with her two children, who reside with their father, but at one point traveled to see her former boyfriend.

Schwartz was then last seen at a rental home owned by a landlord who provides housing to troubled veterans.

Wait wait, is this the “veteran crisis center” mentioned in the DM article? If so my hinky meter is starting to beep again.

While the ex bf sounds delightful/s, I don’t really suspect him at the moment, unless she had a change of heart and came to visit again, and we don’t know about it.

Wonder what her cellphone records show - both in terms of communication and location….

Being that she suffers from PTSD, I also wonder if she has had any major breakdowns - I assume she has based on her FB shares, and what those have looked like in the past. As someone who has severe PTSD due to trauma, I can end up in crisis if I’m triggered badly enough, and without a heavy load of meds won’t pull out on my own.

Where are you?

On of her post , on 1/6, was looking for "sober sister" to pick her up for a meeting. Obviously we don't know her addiction, but could a bender last this long? Not saying this the case more just curious.
Absolutely, a bender can last as long as the money/supply does, or until something, be it OD, LE, or otherwise happens…we in AA always say “jails, institutions, and death” is what awaits…

Absolutely, a bender can last as long as the money/supply does, or until something, be it OD, LE, or otherwise happens…we in AA always say “jails, institutions, and death” is what awaits…
Thank you for answering. I was afraid to ask because I didn't want people to think I was victim blaming

If someone at the vet crisis center enabled her, it would help to know who it was ; or at least who saw Rachel last ?
I want to think she needed time away for a while and will return on her own.
Hoping for good news soon !

The Ring Cam footage showed the woman walking away from the former boyfriend’s house with a suitcase and another bag.

According to Ms Schwartz’s family, she has had a rocky relationship with her former boyfriend, who was arrested on charges of battery in April 2022. Ms Schwartz reportedly posted his bond and the charges were later dropped in October.

Following the incident, she decided to move back to her home state of Minnesota, the family said.

The father of Ms Schwartz’s children has filed a missing persons report in Hernando County.

“She’s missing,” Ms Schrupp told Fox News Digital. “We want her to know that we love her and we care about her.

Thank you for answering. I was afraid to ask because I didn't want people to think I was victim blaming
Of course I’m glad that I could. I don’t think that it is victim blaming at all to be aware of what happens when those of us at risk for that sort of thing go down the dark, unknown path. I hope she is okay. Having ptsd myself I know how easy it is to just want to numb out, make the world and your head go quiet for a while.

I hope she is safe, and found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back