FL FL - Reny Jose, 21, Panama City Beach, 3 March 2014

So.. he either threw everything away and disappeared
OR
Someone harmed him and then entered the house to clean out his stuff after disappearing him????????

His friend on facebook says all the clothes he had at Panama beach with him, and his wallet. So no, not ALL his possessions in the world - just the stuff he brought to Florida.

Rumor, of course, from facebook friends.

I read the same comment thread on FB / KHOU and the person seems to be the family member of a friend, and the comment is sort of vague as to it being clothes and a wallet, they say "all his clothes and wallet" which could mean everything he had on vs everything he had in the condo... so again, I would not jump to the conclusion that it was all of his clothes from the condo. Just MOO. :moo:

Would be nice if they had a press conference or maybe cleared up a few points. There have to be a ton of cameras along that stretch of beach, but it seems he left at night...

Welcome to Websleuths Findreny, so sorry it's under these circumstances.

Hello all, just registered but have been lurking for a long time.

Just my thoughts, but could he have put the clothes and wallet in the bin himself?
Fancying a swim after his walk and put his stuff there for safe keeping, then maybe got into difficulties in the water.

Just my thoughts, but could he have put the clothes and wallet in the bin himself?
Fancying a swim after his walk and put his stuff there for safe keeping, then maybe got into difficulties in the water.

Until I know more, I will consider that there is a chance he put his belongings in the trash... I do not know if it would be for safe keeping... but the possibility exists that he did place them there

And Welcome flyby

Does anyone know if anything was missing from the wallet?

I can't wrap my head around someone harming him, then undressing him and throwing his things away
What am I missing?

Sorry to swamp the thread

I can't wrap my head around someone harming him, then undressing him and throwing his things away
What am I missing?

Sorry to swamp the thread

What if he met some girl on the beach, they went to her place, partied a lot, and he died of alcohol poisoning during the night? She and her girlfriends pick up the clothes and wallet and toss them in the garbage and then get the heck out of dodge.

What if he met some girl on the beach, they went to her place, partied a lot, and he died of alcohol poisoning during the night? She and her girlfriends pick up the clothes and wallet and toss them in the garbage and then get the heck out of dodge.

Quite possible
So you are thinking his body is near by if in fact he is no longer alive?

Quite possible
So you are thinking his body is near by if in fact he is no longer alive?

This one completely stumps me, Dushi. I have no idea what happened - it would be good to know a lot of things they just aren't saying.

Like, was what was found only the clothing he was wearing? What is on his phone and who was his last contact, and his contacts for the day?

Why would he take off for a walk on the beach all by himself if he came with a group of guys? What exactly did they think he was going out to do (and in a case of a missing person, the friends should be given immunity here to state what they believed he was going for).

So the article says they don't expect foul play? Weird.

seems like so many reports I have read about lately here start off as no "foul play suspected".

And oddly enough, the last 2 I am thinking of did NOT turn out to be foul play, so there's that. I think most of us were pretty suspicious in at least one of those. I agree, it is odd to say so soon with (seemingly) so little information.

JMO this does not sound like a case of foul play to me. Not sure why, exactly, but just doesn't.

I wonder - is it standard procedure for LEO to search trash cans near a crime scene? Or does the fact they were found in a can imply either they were sticking out visible or his friends knew that's where they were?

Hi flyby! Looking at the Panama City weather for Monday 3/3 at 7 pm it shows it was clear and 58.7 F degrees:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KPAM/2014/3/3/DailyHistory.html?MR=1

I'm not sure what the ocean temp was then, but the ocean water temp there tonight shows 61 degrees F - much too cold for me to jump in anyway!

Speculating only here - IF the LSD lead pans out, maybe he was so out of it that he did place his items in the trash can and then got in trouble in the (cold) ocean water like you were thinking.

Sorry this is so morbid, but I live on the east coast of FL, and we have a lot of drownings here. The bodies do usually get washed back on shore, but due to the tides that can take quite a while and they can travel quite a way from where the person actually went in the water. I'm not sure if Panama City beach is the same.

I wonder - is it standard procedure for LEO to search trash cans near a crime scene? Or does the fact they were found in a can imply either they were sticking out visible or his friends knew that's where they were?

Yeah, I'd like to know if LEO found the items in the trash, or someone else took them to it and showed them?

Also in reading the articles I missed that there were 20 friends sharing the house. Man that's a lot of interviews for LEO to comb through.

This is from the Daily Mail which is not the most accurate site but it has information I had not heard before.

"Massive search underway for college student, 21, who vanished on spring break 'after taking LSD and saying he wanted to hurt himself"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dent-21-vanished-spring-break-taking-LSD.html

The actual information about LSD came from the Houston Chronicle, so you don't have to worry about the Mail as the source.

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-tex...-vanishes-on-spring-5290174.php#photo-5979476

Still if he was high and stripped naked, you would think that would've attracted some notice but maybe not Spring Break? Would there be lifeguards out on the beach at that time of day? Sounds like the water was cold enough no one was out in it.

The original article I believe said his friends found his clothes, which struck me as odd because I wouldn't start looking in the trash if my friend was missing... But it may have been done in such a haphazard fashion that the clothes were visible from afar.

I hope he is found soon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz