FL FL - Rose Ann Hockenson, 14, Naranja, 14 Feb 1973

So I emailed the Seminole Sheriff's Dept yesterday about Rose being a possible match to the Altamonte Springs Jane Doe
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I got a response back from one of the detectives on the case.
Thank you for the email. We are already working on trying to do a comparison with Rose. Someone else had sent her information into us a while ago. We just recently had to have a report filed with Miami-Dade in order to enter Rose into NAMUS. That would be the reason you just saw the new entry into NAMUS. Rest assured we are working on it and I appreciate you reaching out. Have a great day.

67UFFL

So I emailed the Seminole Sheriff's Dept yesterday about Rose being a possible match to the Altamonte Springs Jane Doe
Thank you for the email. We are already working on trying to do a comparison with Rose. Someone else had sent her information into us a while ago. We just recently had to have a report filed with Miami-Dade in order to enter Rose into NAMUS. That would be the reason you just saw the new entry into NAMUS. Rest assured we are working on it and I appreciate you reaching out. Have a great day.

Good to hear! When I first found Rose’s case on NamUs I immediately remembered this Jane doe because she was once considered for Cynthia Coon (missing since 1970). I definitely believe they are the same person because the Jane Doe was said to have been possibly from the West or Midwest areas and we know Rose was born in California.

So little information, I can’t find any articles about her disappearance. What school, what time, car description, living with mother or father? Hopefully there is more information somewhere.

Ancestry has her mother as Azalea V Komlenko, arrived in America 1951 from Manila Philippines
Marriage
Name: Azalea V Komlenko
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1939
Marriage Date: 6 Sep 1957
Marriage Place: San Mateo, California, USA
Spouse: John R Hockenson
Spouse Age: 21

Divorce 1967

John Richard Hockenson deceased 2002.
He had lived in Florida Miami from a marriage record in 1975, if I have the correct John R Hockenson.
From Ancestry she has a brother (from that marriage) born 1962.
I can confirm via the California Birth Index that she was born in San Francisco
According to the ancestry record I was able to find for Rose, she was born in San Francisco, California on September 20th 1958.
I can confirm that a Rose A. Hockenson was born in San Francisco on that date according to the California Birth Index at Rose A Hockenson, Born 09/20/1958 in California | CaliforniaBirthIndex.org <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread about Altamonte Springs "Ginger" Jane Doe:

Poor Rose Ann.
While I don’t wish the impugn her relatives’ motive or character, it is distressing that so little crucial identifying information about this teenager was provided to law enforcement.
A family member supposedly witnessed her alleged abduction? I could understand them not focusing on what she was wearing at the time, but surely someone close to this girl could have provided her approximate height and weight.
So many questions…
I sincerely hope that Rose Ann has family who have missed her and desperately want her home. Wherever you are Rosie, I wish you love and light.

MOO. Shadier than usual, but still hoping for the best.

Very little details on this case. Who added her to NAMUS? Are both her parents deceased? Does she have siblings? I didn't see any when I searched. Who witnessed this abduction? Or did they say that as a cover for something more sinister?Is it possible the case was closed because she is deceased? So many questions.

Very little details on this case. Who added her to NAMUS? Are both her parents deceased? Does she have siblings? I didn't see any when I searched. Who witnessed this abduction? Or did they say that as a cover for something more sinister?Is it possible the case was closed because she is deceased? So many questions.
I saw a brother who was a few years younger in my search. Maybe he reported her missing as an adult.

I looked too and couldn't find a thing. So strange.
I have a theory:
There was a serial killer living in Boynton Beach, about 3 hours away. Australian born with an American father, Christopher Wilder was a privileged white kid who repeatedly got away with sexual assaults in Australia and the US, thanks to his money and parents' influence. Known as the Beauty Queen Killer, He was ultimately killed by police after killing 8 women in 7 states over the course of 2 months. I believe this was the end of his decades-long career, and his victims are in the dozens. He was active in the US from 1969-1984, and I genuinely think he's not more well known now because his story is almost too horrific.

I noticed the comments about a possible family abduction. This seems unlikely as her mother took US citizenship in 1980 and seems to have lived in San Jose in recent years (all this from Ancestry records). The Komlenko side of the family arrived from the Philippines in the early 50s but they were stateless former Russians who seem to have been held in a resettlement camp there. So it is very unlikely that any family member would have taken her back.

If she's a jane doe out there then it's quite possible that any type of jane doe facial reconstruction rendering/sketch/image may show her without glasses. During a struggle her glasses could easily get flung off or her attacker may have taken or disposed of the glasses.

And so because of this I have done these images to try and help identify her with and without her glasses:-

Original.jpgOriginal CC 2.pngrose-ann-hockenson3 cc2 AVC done merge.png
1.Original2.Enhanced3.Enhanced, glasses photoshopped out
Original2.jpgOriginal2 colorized 3b.pngOriginal2 colorized 5 avc done 3.png
1.Original2.Colorized3.Colorized, glasses photoshopped out.

Last edited:
Thread about Altamonte Springs "Ginger" Jane Doe:

Comparing Rose Ann Hockenson to 'Ginger' doe

Doe Network

67UFFL - Unidentified Female - Ginger Doe

Physical Description.PNGIdentifiers.PNG

'Ginger' doe physical description and identifers comparison with Rose Ann Hockenson
Original2 colorized 3b wavy.pngOriginal CC teeth.png

'Ginger' doe approximation comparison with a Rose Hockenson no glasses & ponytail approximation
1341_93850.jpgOriginal2 colorized 5 avc done 8 txt.png

Proximity between where Rose Hockenson went missing and where 'Ginger' doe was found.
MISSING : Rose Ann HockensonHOMICIDE : Unidentified Female - 'Ginger' doe
info rah.PNGGinger doe_.jpg

Proximity Map - Florida
map.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members