FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Agreed! The whole thing is very bizarre. From the beginning, the account of the disappearance didn’t make sense to me. Sadly, my first thought was he went out to meet someone <modsnip> and something went wrong. Hope LE has something to say tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan Rogers: Gardens police rule death of missing teen a homicide, no comment on cause

"We can say with almost absolute certainty that this was not a hit-and-run incident," Palm Beach Gardens Police Maj. Paul Rogers said.

"There's a lot of missing parts in this investigation that we are trying to get the public's help in filling in," Rogers said. "We're really pushing hard for anyone with any information — no tip is too big or too small — to call our police department, so we can follow up on that tip and put this case to rest."

Rogers declined to give any further details, such as the approximate time the boy died, because "it's a critical piece of the investigation." He added that he couldn't be too specific until the police have a suspect in custody.

I believe LE are keeping the time of his death a secret because it would confirm he did not die where he was found. I believe it happened at home or with someone he knew and his body and bike were placed in that location to make it appear accidental. <modsnip - accusing someone who has not been implicated by LE is not allowed>

I'm not sure where the speculation that he was going to play basketball or meet someone emerged. We don't have gang problems here. I don't think locals believe that he was meeting a stranger there. <modsnip - reference to social media> And as for the bike flipping? This is a flat area of a flat state, and those paths are maintained. How fast would have had to be going, and what would he have hit on the path to "flip" a bike and then end up dead?

Was he maybe found at the bottom of a steep hill that he could have been going crazy fast down? Maybe there's video of him riding his bike recklessly and there is evidence that he made contact with a vehicle who's driver then fled the scene. That could explain the incogruencies between the ME's official conclusion and how a freshly grieving family is processing it.

Last edited:
Was he maybe found at the bottom of a steep hill that he could have been going crazy fast down? Maybe there's video of him riding his bike recklessly and there is evidence that he made contact with a vehicle who's driver then filed the scene. That could explain the incogruencies between the ME's official conclusion and how a freshly grieving family is processing it.

No. No hills, steep or otherwise. Flat as flat can be. And clear. No debris or downed trees. No cameras. It's really, really dark in that one spot at night. It's one of the darkest areas on that road, especially between midnight and 6AM. It would be very possible to leave a body there and not be seen in the middle of the night. Between 6:30 and 7, there's regular traffic. It's a busy road. Someone would have seen something. It's one reason that the story doesn't add up to people who drive the road every day and live here.

In Florida, it is law that a child under 16 wear a helmet. I don’t see anything in MSM that says he was or wasn’t wearing one. I don't know about lights on a bicycle but that would be common sense from dusk onward. If it was routine for him to ride after dark, he may have had the reflectors, lights and other safety features as the bike was relatively new, or new to him anyway.

He was a strong healthy young boy from all appearances, so he could probably pedal pretty fast. If he was on his phone while riding or was being chased by someone, he could have easily lost control, crashed into a tree or barrier, rolled, etc. That doesn’t necessarily mean it was an accident tho. A perp could have caught up with him and that interaction could have led to his death.

In Florida, it is law that a child under 16 wear a helmet. I don’t see anything in MSM that says he was or wasn’t wearing one. I don't know about lights on a bicycle but that would be common sense from dusk onward. If it was routine for him to ride after dark, he may have had the reflectors, lights and other safety features as the bike was relatively new, or new to him anyway.

He was a strong healthy young boy from all appearances, so he could probably pedal pretty fast. If he was on his phone while riding or was being chased by someone, he could have easily lost control, crashed into a tree or barrier, rolled, etc. That doesn’t necessarily mean it was an accident tho. A perp could have caught up with him and that interaction could have led to his death.

Imagine a really busy, trafficky though-road that all the locals near you travel all the time to get to major places. Now imagine all that happening at a really busy time within feet of the cars and no one seeing a thing or stopping and then no one coming forward after it's been in the local news for a week. And mind you, there are no bikes on this road after dark, ever, per several people here on this site and everyone who lives here. So it would have stuck out to even see one bike let alone one racing, crashing or being chased.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths welcomes all new members who have joined the discussion of this tragic case. Websleuths has strict guidelines for what can be posted here. These rules aka Terms of Service (TOS) are posted HERE, and we ALL agreed to follow them when we joined this forum.

Here are some key guidelines to keep in mind:

- ANYthing you post as a fact MUST include a link to that info in mainstream media (MSM) or a statement by law enforcement (LE). If you can’t link it, DON’T post it.

- Websleuths is VICTIM friendly - we DO NOT allow negative speculation about a victim OR their family. FAMILY MEMBERS are considered VICTIMS unless LE tells us otherwise.

- The ONLY SOCIAL MEDIA references allowed to be posted are the victim’s own pages, or those from LE and MSM.

- Sleuthing/researching/doxing/accusing family members is a violation of our TOS.

- If you are close to this case, and have inside info you would like to share here, you MUST APPLY and be APPROVED as a VERIFIED INSIDER. Click that highlighted link to learn how.

- Speculation or opinions “within reason” are allowed but you MUST BE CLEAR it is your OPINION by stating that or IMHO etc. SEVERAL times within your post.

- “Within reason” means opinions must be based in facts that have been published in MSM or LE statements. Wild speculation is not allowed.

- Please do not discuss any posts that have been removed. If you quote a post that has been removed, yours may be removed also.

This is not an exhaustive list of our rules, but highlights of the specific ones that have been violated on this thread and caused numerous posts to be removed. Please review the rules/TOS so that all can successfully discuss this tragic case here.

Any questions? We are happy to help. Send them in a PM or a Report.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Last edited:
That is strange. In the video it looks like two of the people have hoodies up and face coverings as if trying to not disclose their identity.

It's actually "Florida freezing" here today. I don't think it's hit 70 yet, it's still a little breezy, and I'm in a hoodie bundled up in the house. It could be that they're just cold. Hard to tell if the they're wearing gaiters over their faces. A lot of LE do that rather than wearing masks here. I don't know.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back