Identified! FL - Sarasota, WhtMale 45+, skull found, Sep'15 - Fernando Ramos Velasquez

Human Skull Found at 100 Cattlemen Rd Sarasota Fl Identified as Fernando DeJesus Ramos Velasquez aka “Chewy” DOB 6/6/52
(Bill Warner Investigations, Sarasota FL)
...last known address was 835 Ponder Avenue, Sarasota, which is within walking distance to where his body was found. Detectives located his medical records, and by comparing these records to the skeletal remains, the District 12 Medical Examiner’s Office in collaboration with Florida Gulf Coast University anthropologists confirmed the victim was Velasquez.

I'm beginning to doubt that he was an "illegal" immigrant.
They have an address and he was obviously in the US long enough to have received medical care (x-rays? dental?) at some point, hence his identification.

Many many years ago I used to manage property in Polk Co. There where many migrant workers who rented from me. Many lived like 4 adults and 2 children to a 2 bedroom unit. I don't know if they where illegal, they paid their rent, often helped my ex with yard work on the property, and where some of the best tenants I had. There was a van that ran through Polk county providing medical care and referrals for dental to the migrant workers, they never asked for papers. I'm not sure if you really need to be legal to get medical care through the health dept either.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that, but (per the links in #37/#38):

The main contact I ever have with Mexican immigrants (legal or otherwise) is in that my area is filled with farms that employ them during growing/harvesting season. I'm too lazy to do farm work, so I don't have much contact with any.

I don't understand why they would have a physical address for an illegal immigrant. Wouldn't that tip off Immigration?
And was he from Guatemala as suspected?

My thinking is that the physical address was provided after the positive identification. Someone else brought up his obvious dental and medical care. There are health care services provided to illegal immigrants, based on need.

Florida has a significant Hispanic population. There's no reason he would need to be illegal.

I hope they're able to find his family, wherever they are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back