GUILTY FL - Savannah Gold, 21, Jacksonville, 2 Aug 2017

I think I have a file now for the 124 pages of the transcript of the motion hearing from over a week ago. The first day on August 8th. More to come, I have lots of comments, but I will post this to see if I can do it and then later on post comments.

This is from the Duvall County court site.

Again, thanks @Niner for helping me learn how to do PDF uploads, and I just learned how to compress and upload to meet the maximum file size to post here.

My first comment, is that it is unbelievable that the prosecution stated the marsy's law (which, IIRC, was added to the Florida Constitution this past February) the reason and the basis for getting an expedited trial.

Yet the defense brought up another law and never even addressed that.

The prosecution tried to correct the defense, but it wasn't acknowledged.

Even though it was indeed mentioned in court as to their error.

I don't think the defense was ready for such and they just kept going down a path way that they had prepared for which was incorrect.( setting up for an appeal as to incompetent representation?)

Part of this also has the continuation of the Richardson hearing, which is pretty much a moot point now.

It also has a transcript of the interview of Lee the first night, on Thursday night, in the back manager room of his employment. ( where he lied about not seeing Savannah the night she was murdered, etc. )

It mentions a few other employees that they questioned and talked to, but since they have not been noted on the calendar, I am not even going to give initials or mention what happened with them. They are innocent and have nothing to do with this.

Moo

CORE - Clerk Online Resource ePortal

Niner, prayers going up for your sister, as I cannot post here without thinking of your sister Monika and you. (((Niner and family)))

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...my-sister-monika.199564/page-12#post-15343287

Attachments

• 2TRANSCRIPT_-_MOTION_HEARING_OF_AUGUST_8,_2019Compressed[6155]-min.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Tuesday, August 20th:
*Ruling on Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Savannah Page Gold (21) (missing Aug. 2, 2017, Jacksonville, found Aug. 5, 2017) - *Lee Rodarte, Jr. (28/now 30) arrested (8/6/17), indicted (8/25/17), arraigned (8/29/17) & charged (5/15/19) with 2nd degree murder with weapon, tampering with evidence & abuse of a human body; confessed, but plead not guilty. Bond was at $500K, but on 1/31/18 ordered to be held with no bond. Remains in Duval County jail without bond.
Trial begins 8/26/19 with jury selection.
Court information from 7/3/18 thru 7/22/19 reference post #518 here:
Found Deceased - FL - Savannah Gold, 21, Jacksonville, 2 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

8/8/19 Update: Hearing on defense motion to exclude witnesses in State's 4th supplemental discovery held in full-denied in part/taken under advisement as to 2 witnesses. Testimony & arguments held. Oral motion (Defense) for defense to depos JMc & ES - over state's objection-granted. Motion to dismiss (Defense) re immunity-taken under advisement. Richardson hearing held in full-no violation of discovery. Judge cancels pretrial hearing on 8/12. Next Motion hearing on 8/14. Final pretrial hearing on 8/22. Trial set to begin 8/26/19.
8/9/19 Update: Motion hearing on 8/14 has been cancelled. Defendant's motion to deny and/or strike the State's demand for speedy trial. Next Calendar Call hearing on 8/22.
8/13/19 Update: Defendant’s motion to deny and/or strike State’s demand for speedy trial-denied. Next ruling on motions hearing on 8/20.

Tuesday, August 20th:
*Ruling on Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Savannah Page Gold (21) (missing Aug. 2, 2017, Jacksonville, found Aug. 5, 2017) - *Lee Rodarte, Jr. (28/now 30) arrested (8/6/17), indicted (8/25/17), arraigned (8/29/17) & charged (5/15/19) with 2nd degree murder with weapon, tampering with evidence & abuse of a human body; confessed, but plead not guilty. Bond was at $500K, but on 1/31/18 ordered to be held with no bond. Remains in Duval County jail without bond.

8/8/19 Update: Hearing on defense motion to exclude witnesses in State's 4th supplemental discovery held in full-denied in part/taken under advisement as to 2 witnesses. Testimony & arguments held. Oral motion (Defense) for defense to depos JMc & ES - over state's objection-granted. Motion to dismiss (Defense) re immunity-taken under advisement. Richardson hearing held in full-no violation of discovery. Judge cancels pretrial hearing on 8/12. Next Motion hearing on 8/14. Final pretrial hearing on 8/22. Trial set to begin 8/26/19.
8/9/19 Update: Motion hearing on 8/14 has been cancelled. Defendant's motion to deny and/or strike the State's demand for speedy trial. Next Calendar Call hearing on 8/22.
8/13/19 Update: Defendant’s motion to deny and/or strike State’s demand for speedy trial-denied. Next ruling on motions hearing on 8/20.

Surprise, surprise. (Not) As they started the hearing today for ruling on one motion, Another motion for continuance was submitted this morning. And then it was withdrawn. What a roller coaster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190820-091143_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190820-091143_Chrome.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20190820-090404_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190820-090404_Chrome.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
States fifth supplemental witness list was today, on August 20th.

Fire department captain and K-9 Officer with cadaver canine. From reading the 125 page PDF I posted earlier, I think this is the officer that was with a dog that supposedly was testified to the cadaver canine " going crazy" in that document. Is this a result from the testimony last week perhaps.

This is a "category A" witness, for which the defense can depose. @Niner, so I would assume that the defense will have a basis to delay the trial now again?

Tomorrow is the last pre-trial on record for the trial next week. Does this delay now? Will the judge tomorrow, Force the defense to depose this officer prior to the scheduled trial starting next week?

Rhetorical questions, we will see tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190820-225655_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190820-225655_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Stand Your Ground defense denied in Savannah Gold's killing

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A judge on Tuesday denied a stand your ground petition for a Jacksonville man who claims he accidentally killed his on-again, off-again girlfriend in self-defense.....

Aside from surveillance video showing Rodarte’s car near the pond where Gold was found, police said they found knives, gasoline, bleach and a fire pit at his home."

( this is the first I have seen documented that there was surveillance video showing his car near the pond where he and his triangle girlfriend, CS, grew up on the same street where Savannah's body was disposed of, Moo)

We all know what Joe Kenda says about coincidences.......

Last edited:
Yes!! First time I've heard about this video near the pond too!! Glad to see the judge denied the "stand your ground" motion!!

Let JUSTICE begin for Savannah!!!

animated-smileys-occupations-079.gif

Thursday, August 22nd:
*Calendar Call & Final Pretrial Hearing (@ 1pm to 5pm ET) - FL - Savannah Page Gold (21) (missing Aug. 2, 2017, Jacksonville, found Aug. 5, 2017) - *Lee Rodarte, Jr. (28/now 30) arrested (8/6/17), indicted (8/25/17), arraigned (8/29/17) & charged (5/15/19) with 2nd degree murder with weapon, tampering with evidence & abuse of a human body; confessed, but plead not guilty. Bond was at $500K, but on 1/31/18 ordered to be held with no bond. Remains in Duval County jail without bond.

8/13/19 Update: Defendant’s motion to deny and/or strike State’s demand for speedy trial-denied. Next ruling on motions hearing on 8/20. 8/20/19 Update: Judge on Tuesday denied a stand your ground petition. Final pretrial hearing on 8/22.

States fifth supplemental witness list was today, on August 20th.

Fire department captain and K-9 Officer with cadaver canine. From reading the 125 page PDF I posted earlier, I think this is the officer that was with a dog that supposedly was testified to the cadaver canine " going crazy" in that document. Is this a result from the testimony last week perhaps.

This is a "category A" witness, for which the defense can depose. @Niner, so I would assume that the defense will have a basis to delay the trial now again?

Tomorrow is the last pre-trial on record for the trial next week. Does this delay now? Will the judge tomorrow, Force the defense to depose this officer prior to the scheduled trial starting next week?

Rhetorical questions, we will see tomorrow afternoon.

The defense filed a three-page motion (attached) to exclude the captain with the K-9 and asserts the state failed to comply with Discovery obligations. They want a reasonable time to dispose the witness.

As of todays pretrial, @Niner, another final pretrial has been scheduled to tomorrow.

Jury selection is still on the schedule to start this upcoming Monday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190822-092230_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190822-092230_Chrome.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 3
  • [17-CF-7212]_MOTION_TO_EXCLUDE_WITNESS_IN_STATE'S_FIFTH_SUPPLEMENTAL_DISCOVERY_EXHIBIT.pdf
    100.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks dixiegirl! :)

I may be completely be missing something, but I don't see that the defense has done a "notice of deposition"/ever deposed the triangle girlfriend CS ( the one MOO that was texting him during the murder, that he texted and sent pictures to after he got out of the shower, and he had dinner/ Papa John's pizza with at his house on the night of the murder and hung out with, and the one he grew up with on the same street that her body was found in the retention pond) or the roommate of his at the time of the murder. MOO

That just doesn't seem correct, and I may have missed it, but I've gone back and looked and I don't see either of them listed having a "notice of deposition."

MOO

*scratching head*

Last edited:
Just went back and also looked.... don't see any depo on her.

For others that have followed trials, I can only think of one reason why the defense would not depose the most significant witness of all as to the motive and the day of the murder Etc. Other than law enforcement of course.

Does anybody else that is reading here have any ideas, in their experience and following trials, why that would be done? Or the notice of deposition would not be listed as were all the others.

Assuming of course, that the deposition was not done because everyone else was listed that was "category A" except for her and the roommate that I see.

Friday, August 23rd:
*Calendar Call & Final Pretrial Hearing (@ 1pm to 5pm ET) - FL - Savannah Page Gold (21) (missing Aug. 2, 2017, Jacksonville, found Aug. 5, 2017) - *Lee Rodarte, Jr. (28/now 30) arrested (8/6/17), indicted (8/25/17), arraigned (8/29/17) & charged (5/15/19) with 2nd degree murder with weapon, tampering with evidence & abuse of a human body; confessed, but plead not guilty. Bond was at $500K, but on 1/31/18 ordered to be held with no bond. Remains in Duval County jail without bond.

8/13/19 Update: Defendant’s motion to deny and/or strike State’s demand for speedy trial-denied. Next ruling on motions hearing on 8/20. 8/20/19 Update: Judge on Tuesday denied a stand your ground petition. Final pretrial hearing on 8/22.
8/22/19 Update: Defense files motion to exclude the captain with the K-9 and asserts the state failed to comply with Discovery obligations. They want a reasonable time to dispose the witness. Final pretrial hearing on 8/23.

An emergency writ of prohibition has been filed. The Appellate Court issued a stay @Niner

Pretrial now listed as 9/23/2019.
It doesn't even say final pretrial now.

"Prohibition, Writ of
An order from a superior court to a lower court or tribunal directing the judge and the parties to cease the litigation because the lower court does not have proper jurisdiction to hear or determine the matters before it. A writ of prohibition is an extraordinary remedy that is rarely used."

writ of prohibition

Well, can't get updates from the Appellate Court because it appears they don't do anything online? I'll search a little bit more. Moo Grrrr.

Later today, his transcript from Saturday evening when he was being interrogated/arrested should be released on Core.moo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190823-103600_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190823-103600_Chrome.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The transcript of the video interview of the Saturday night that he was arrested is now uploaded. And attached below. It has more information that was cut out of the video that describes him telling law enforcement what happened, and where the body was located. There are some redactions, but most of it is there.

He tells law enforcement that he went home that night, throwing her phone out the window during the drive, and buried her in a hole in the fire pit in his backyard and put wood over it. Later he took off her work clothes and burned her.

That Saturday morning, he felt like law enforcement was going to come and search his place, so he removed the body that had been there since Wednesday night, and wrapped it in plastic and a blanket, and took the body to the pond where he grew up fishing at 6:30 am, leaving his phone at his house. On the way, he threw her makeup bag and clothes out the window.

He tells detectives that the knife used to slice her tire was in his garage on a coffee table.

He curses CS three times, on pages 83 and 84.

He states that neither CS or his roomie did not know about this.

He was not arrested until after her body was found that night while he was still being interviewed.

Attachments

• [17-CF-7212]_COURT_EXHIBITS_1.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Trial delayed in case of man accused of murdering Bonefish Grill coworker

FirstCoastNews.com WTLV-WJXX

The accused killer, Lee Rodarte, appealed his Stand Your Ground claim, delaying the trial indefinitely.

The man accused of murdering his co-worker at a popular Mandarin restaurant in 2017 is taking his Stand Your Ground claim to the First District Court of Appeal.

Lee Rodarte, who is accused of killing Savannah Gold and dumping her burned body in a Westside lake, appealed a judge’s denial of his immunity motion.

Florida’s Stand Your Ground law allows someone to use deadly force if they have a reasonable fear of death. Such claims are typically filed early in a case before formal charges are filed. Rodarte’s petition was filed in July, two years after Gold’s death.

The appeals court automatically stayed court proceedings, putting off Rodarte’s trial..

The court asked the state to respond within 30 days as to why the Stand Your Ground motion should not be granted. Rodarte will then get another 30 days to respond.

ETA, the First District court is in Tallahassee Florida.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd