GUILTY FL - Seath Jackson, 1, brutally murdered, Summerfield, 17 April 2011

Here is a very through report of the crime. I, like many others, cannot wrap my head around why these senseless crimes happen.

According to the article below the 18 yo female involved in the crime told a reporter Bargo's motive was revenge because Seath Jackson had struck Amber Wright. I hope Bargo gets the dp. Also, Havens, the step-dad, bonded out of jail! :maddening:

There are links to more stories on the page below, including the police report.

Ely told the Star-Banner that Bargo's anger toward Jackson stemmed from Jackson having struck Wright.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20110420/ARTICLES/110429993/1139?p=2&tc=pg

Another current disturbing case...where the teens believe it is all about them:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6334391

In this case the two teen murderers were also into violent video games and they planned the murder on MSN chat. In the case of one of teens, his father was previously convicted of a similar crime....luring, sexual assault, torture and burning of a body. So, he was 'genetically' predisposed, I suppose. Was it nature or nurture?

These cases are so beyond my comprehension!

I am certainly no expert about why these type of cases seem to happen more and more frequently but I am not sure it is any one specific factor.

However I just look at it with a commonsense approach.

So many of these teens spend an insurmountable time on the net. I even heard a young caller on HLN this week say they did everything possible not to interact with their parents. (Mike was talking about the subject of having family meals and really talking with each other about their daily lives)

So what is a computer? Does it nurture the child? Does it give warmth? Can it teach a child how to give and receive love, respect and have compassion for others? Imo, no. It seems more and more children are becoming isolated and would rather spend their time engrossed in fantasy where no rules or guidelines apply. A lot of times the child does not want anything to do with their immediate family unless the child needs something material.

Bad behavior is rewarded in this country. That is why we see so many horrible acts being put up on YouTube instantly, imo.

BUT we do have to remember that millions upon millions of children do the very same activities and never harm a soul. That is why I believe there are differing factors at play concerning the individual child who has resorted to murdering an innocent person.

IMO

I wondered, too, about the burning of the body. If it were that easy, and went unnoticed by neighbors, and left no trace... why would murderers ever resort to all the other methods we know they use?

Kind of odd.

OMG... I didn't realize that they haven't even found his remains yet. :banghead:

There is something that just doesn't seem to fit right with this story. Am not saying these kids did not murder Seath. Just questioning their version of events. From the article:

As soon as Seath entered the house, Bargo, Hooper and Soto began to hit him in the head with wooden objects. Ely told detectives that she ran into her bedroom after she saw Hooper hit Seath.

Bargo shot Seath several times with a .22-caliber revolver, according to the arrest documents. As Seath tried to leave the house, Soto tackled him, and Bargo shot him again, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Amber watched the killing, according to the documents.

The teens and Soto then placed Seath's body in a bathtub so Bargo could break Seath's knees in order to hogtie him and place him in a sleeping bag more easily. Soto said he and Bargo realized that Seath was still alive, so Bargo shot the boy again, according to the documents. Seath's body was then placed into a blue bag.

Soto said at that point he helped look for firewood, and the group then burned Seath's body in a fire pit in the backyard until it was just ashes and bone fragments.

They used a shovel to scrape Seath's remains from the fire pit and dumped them into several 5-gallon paint cans, according to the documents.

The group cleaned the house with bleach, according to the documents.

[...]

Late Wednesday, detectives were still searching for evidence and Seath's remains at the home where he was killed and at a lime pit in Ocala.
( link )​

Based upon the violence described in the above excerpt, there should be blood evidence all over the place. Even if they scrubbed the place down, there is no way to remove every single drop. We're talking Locard's exchange principle, here. Then there's the cremation bit. According to this site ( link ), cremation fires burn at approx 2000°F and the fire must be at least 1600°F. Furthermore, the body is burned in a closed space. Yet, the above excerpt says they looked for and used firewood to burn the body in a fire pit in the back yard to the point it was just "ash and bone fragments." Wood burning fires burn from 900°-1200°F. ( link ) In this case, since we're speaking of an open fire pit, not a crematorium, or even kiln. The, imho, temperature was likely at the low end. Then there's the bit of looking for the remains in a lime pit. What happened to the paint cans? Would lime destroy them in under two days? Now, add to this the fact that this "burning" took place in a housing development where neighbors lived close enough they could hear the loud music when the kids played it? Has anyone here ever smelled burning flesh? Also, how could the neighbors not hear the gunshots? A .22 calibur pistol still makes noise.

All things considered? Hate to say it but it sounds like these kids have been watching too much TV. Again, not saying they did not murder Seath. Just questioning their version of events.

Marion County is rural county where burning is allowed and very common. The actual crime site was listed as Summerfield but that is an unincorporated community within that county. We own a place in that county that we use as hunt camp and it seems like everyone outside any city limits, including us, have a fire pit.

Same goes for gunshots, hear them all the time. Marion County is very a gun friendly place with lots of hunters in that area due to vast Ocala National Forest which is heavily used for all types of hunting.

So together all these things makes it seem pausible that neighbors would not been that alarmed by either the fire or the gun shots.

As to the paint cans they look to be actually those 5 gallon plastic paint buckets by the pictures. Lime pits are commonly used as swimming holes in FL plus by the pictures there are divers in the water of that lime pit are without any head cover so doubt that water is corrosive.

Hope this helps in understanding that part of the state.

I am certainly no expert about why these type of cases seem to happen more and more frequently but I am not sure it is any one specific factor.

However I just look at it with a commonsense approach.

So many of these teens spend an insurmountable time on the net. I even heard a young caller on HLN this week say they did everything possible not to interact with their parents. (Mike was talking about the subject of having family meals and really talking with each other about their daily lives)

So what is a computer? Does it nurture the child? Does it give warmth? Can it teach a child how to give and receive love, respect and have compassion for others? Imo, no. It seems more and more children are becoming isolated and would rather spend their time engrossed in fantasy where no rules or guidelines apply. A lot of times the child does not want anything to do with their immediate family unless the child needs something material.

Bad behavior is rewarded in this country. That is why we see so many horrible acts being put up on YouTube instantly, imo.

BUT we do have to remember that millions upon millions of children do the very same activities and never harm a soul. That is why I believe there are differing factors at play concerning the individual child who has resorted to murdering an innocent person.

IMO

Very true! What baffles me the most is how little thought these people put into the consequences of their actions. I understand that some people are amoral, narcissistic, etc., but even so: they always seem so startled by what happens to them afterward. The step father above: "I'm looking at a lot of years in prison."

NO SH** SHERLOCK!!! What did you think was going to happen when you cover up a murder committed by a group of teens??

I'm wondering if, in addition to all the stated issues such as the culture and dysfunctional families and violence as entertainment, we're dealing with a kind of mass inability to project our actions into the future. Criminal behavior is part of it, but a lot of ordinary behavior seems affected by it, too: people buying houses they can't afford, etc.

Is the ability to imagine consequences something that needs to be taught, and we parents/teachers just aren't teaching it? Or is it part of something more fundamental, like "imagination"?

Anyway, just pondering why so many people commit such horrendous acts with NO thought about how many lives they're destroying, including, most obviously, their own.

OMG... I didn't realize that they haven't even found his remains yet. :banghead:

The title of the article leads one to believe the victim's remains have not been recovered. That is not correct.

From WFTV article:

Some of the paint containers with Jackson's remains were found by detectives on Wednesday. Detectives and crime scene investigators will continue the search at the home and at the quarry on Thursday.

Not so much a "social networking" thing as perception. The problem with any site that involves a sort of narcissistic interaction (i.e., I'm snacking on olives, yum, yum), is that it magnifies things. Importantly, when posts are so public, it is easy to feel like *everyone* is watching. That is what I mean by the fishbowl effect. It magnifies the perceived audience. And it magnifies whatever image one might be trying to protray, or whatever image others might be trying to portray of them. So, it becomes a battle of egos. Bc, above all, social networking sites are ego-centric. Furthermore, while communication is asynchronous, reading is not. So, it makes it feel like its happening in real time, when in reality, it isn't. Hence, people can get drawn into the drama. Think of it as an argument without a timeout. Which makes it easier to react... post something nasty, back, whatever... or worst case, kill oneself or attempt to kill another. Then, there is the group contagion effect, so to speak... the them vs us. Where the anger is fed... sorta like validation but far more toxic bc the group may discuss and even reify proposed antisocial behavior (i.e., s/he deserves it, oh man, kick his/her *advertiser censored*** etc). Words that, at other times, may be no big deal, would be emotionally charged in this sort of scenario. Think of an angry mob that escalates into violence...

The above is, of course, over simplified. Because in addition to these sorts of dynamics, there is also the dynamic of predisposition, family influence, psychological makeup, personality traits, emotional development stages, etcetera. However, the overall trajectory is what I described in my masters research as the pathway to violence. Which I also proffer can be generalized to criminal behavior.

This, of course, is not to excuse these kids' behavior. I am simply suggesting elements that could play a role in the final violent outcome.

I know you are simplifying for the sake of brevity, but this is very helpful. Thanks.

In this case, even though the "war of words" stopped a couple of weeks ago, the accusation that the girl was a "crystal meth-smoking ho" was still out there and, obviously, hard feelings continued to smolder among the girl, her new boyfriend and their friends.

Marion County is rural county where burning is allowed and very common. The actual crime site was listed as Summerfield but that is an unincorporated community within that county. We own a place in that county that we use as hunt camp and it seems like everyone outside any city limits, including us, have a fire pit.

Same goes for gunshots, hear them all the time. Marion County is very a gun friendly place with lots of hunters in that area due to vast Ocala National Forest which is heavily used for all types of hunting.

So together all these things makes it seem pausible that neighbors would not been that alarmed by either the fire or the gun shots.

As to the paint cans they look to be actually those 5 gallon plastic paint buckets by the pictures. Lime pits are commonly used as swimming holes in FL plus by the pictures there are divers in the water of that lime pit are without any head cover so doubt that water is corrosive.

Hope this helps in understanding that part of the state.
Actually, this is extremely helpful. Thank you for taking the time to clarify. Makes much more sense.

Oh, for ******s sake, something has to happen within humanity soon or I am giving up on it.

Where are the parents of the kids that were tying up, beating, shooting and then burning the child that belonged to another set of parents?
There are SOOO MANY things that are wrong in this, so many....

RIP Seath.

In this case, even though the "war of words" stopped a couple of weeks ago, the accusation that the girl was a "crystal meth-smoking ho" was still out there and, obviously, hard feelings continued to smolder among the girl, her new boyfriend and their friends.
Yes, and this smoldering could arguably fall under the escalation stage of the pathway to violence, which does not require interaction from the target. This stage includes but is not limited to the following.
  • Shared Delusions: Foile a Deux
  • Common Enemy
  • Devising a Plan
  • Mutual Validation
  • Reification of Delusions
In this tragedy, the delusion is that Seath is the common enemy bc he harmed a group member. And that harm was so horrid he deserved to be punished for his "transgressions." The mutual validation, in this case, of the harm caused, would reify the delusion. Since this stage is cyclic in nature, the original plan may have been to rough him up bit. However as they continued to discuss the situation while trying to decide what to do about it, the plan grew darker to the final outcome. Think of it as group rumination, where the group is chewing and chewing and chewing this very toxic cud... to the point they are enraged. This sort of thing is sadly common. And not just among teens.

Even so, if one or more actors within the group recognizes the toxic spiral, the possibility to successfully disrupt it, or even to stop it, exists. And this is where I think education can come in handy. Education about recognizing the signs of a downward spiral along with possible steps to take to either avert it, or at the very least, dilute it. Bc, once it moves to the point of blind rage, what I often refer to as the point of no return, it would be akin to trying to stop an enraged bull.

Oh, gosh, I have read more on this case and watched more videos with the people that are jailed behind bars.

This is really a messed up story. I feel so bad for the parents of Seath, really bad. It's like none of these children really had a chance (not saying this with blame to anyone, just something I have observed).

This is a really heartbreaking story.

There is a slew of more interviews and video with this link:
http://www.wftv.com/news/27624035/detail.html

So many lives are lost in this story, but why?

I don't know if the DP is correct in this case and I realize how brutal the murder was. I just, I dunno, might be my former social services days, but these children needed a chance before all this happened... ALL OF THEM (minus the father that helped).
Tragic.

Those under 18 will not be eligible for the death penalty even if tried as adults.

Facebook posts show troubled relationship before teen's murder

A series of Facebook posts indicate a growing feud between 15-year-old Amber Wright and one-time boyfriend Seath Jackson in the weeks before Amber is accused of helping lure Seath to a house where police say a group of teens and young adults beat and shot him to death then burned his body in the back yard.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110421/ARTICLES/110429951/1439&tc=ix

Oh, gosh, I have read more on this case and watched more videos with the people that are jailed behind bars.

This is really a messed up story. I feel so bad for the parents of Seath, really bad. It's like none of these children really had a chance (not saying this with blame to anyone, just something I have observed).

This is a really heartbreaking story.

There is a slew of more interviews and video with this link:
http://www.wftv.com/news/27624035/detail.html

So many lives are lost in this story, but why?

I don't know if the DP is correct in this case and I realize how brutal the murder was. I just, I dunno, might be my former social services days, but these children needed a chance before all this happened... ALL OF THEM (minus the father that helped).
Tragic.

There is an interview in there with Charlie Ely (female). Sorry, I don't believe her.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27626448/detail.html

This case reminds me of the one years back where the group of teens lured the one they claimed was a bully out to kill him one night. There was a movie made about it but I can't for the life of me recall the name of the victim or where it occurred. It was back in the eighties if I recall.

Once again, mob rule, mob mentality. No one is personally accountable if they are just following the crowd. This thought processes frightens the hell outta me as we are seeing it more and more every day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back