FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that there will be excellent DNA samples obtained, the soot alone is an excellent conduit for a fingerprint etc. Body fluids, blood etc. I am hoping they will have something to tell us tomorrow , oops today. In regard to the DNA testing, I hope the Creep's DNA is in the Fdle's data base.

But with so much DNA (from so many other peep's in OP) what about cross-
contamination? It doesn't sound like she was wrapped in anything when found in landfill..Not sure what to think about fingerprints. :waitasec:

I'm anxious to hear more from LE on whether they still think that there is a child killer on the loose or "another Bundy" as stated earlier along with telling people to watch their kids closely. Am I wrong in thinking that's it's unusual for LE to say these kind of things about a serial killer so soon? I just can't help wondering what they found to suggest a serial killer and not some neighborhood person who acted on impulse. Serial killers might act on opportunity or stalk and watch a person for a length of time. I suppose in Somer's case it could be either one.

I wonder why the older brother is staying with relatives unless this is a usual event, maybe he goes to stay with his bio dad every other week, I just don't know. What I find odd is why DT had not talked to him, especially during these dreadful times even if he was with relatives.

Since this is another day without facts being released. I for one would like to know if big brother was actually in school. Not to hard to ditch with lack of parental supervision, truth be told. I could be entirely wrong over and here welcome to admit it if that the case, but I can't see why not LE doesn't come right out and clear the family. Hell, in the Billngs case they even claim they will never investigate the family and I KNOW FOR A FACT the HINKY stuff that has gone on there. So, the is just proof that LE lets info go by the wayside. I won't go into thoughts about potential S Abuse, will leave to for the rest to figure on your own. I can't post links to anyone who has not been named in the media, broke that rule earlier because so many people don't do their own sleuthing and then we get bashed for trying to relay info.

Hell, we dont' know anything factual in this case. I am only going by what we have been told and some the sleuthing process. I could care less who is guilty and who is innocent, I only want to see justice for Somer.

Prob on the older half-brother is that with no info from LE there is really no way to know if he was in school during his last class or not. The mom seemed to know where to find him to pick him up and it seemed to be the appropriate time around when his school would have gotten out and he would have walked to the fields to wait for her. And of course, he could have a cell phone, and they could have texted him to go looking for her. "Could have" a lot of things, and no way to know, unfortunately. It would be very creepy though if he was walking past the place his sister was being attacked while not even knowing it.

Again, I would love to have info on what the family's after school routine was with all of the kids so that I could better understand how/if this day was any different in many different respects. Obviously it was different in that SP was there. But what happened on the other days? And unless someone just happens to know that info from being around the family, I don't know how to get it.

But with so much DNA (from so many other peep's in OP) what about cross-
contamination? It doesn't sound like she was wrapped in anything when found in landfill..Not sure what to think about fingerprints. :waitasec:

The only DNA they will find on Somer other than her own is the killer. Most likely Somer put up a fight tried to scratch him so she will have his skin cells under her nails. If in fact the killer is a SO, FDLE will have his DNA on file.

Where are the reporters not all over this case, like the Art Harris' of the world. It's way too quiet.

I wonder why the older brother is staying with relatives unless this is a usual event, maybe he goes to stay with his bio dad every other week, I just don't know. What I find odd is why DT had not talked to him, especially during these dreadful times even if he was with relatives.

I get the feeling his bio dad is prob back in Tennessee. Do you suppose he's with DT's mom or maybe some of her bf's family? I couldn't tell from listening to that press release whether she meant just him, or all of the children are elsewhere with relatives. I did see in one release where someone took at least two of the kids to a candlelight vigil before the funeral and they lit candles and then left, so I thought that they must be staying elsewhere as well.

I thought it was strange that she wouldn't want to be around her other kids given that one had just been taken away from her so tragically. I would think that in that situation you would want to keep your remaining children in front of you constantly. But I did see an interview with the sister of a victim in another case, and she said she also stayed with relatives and her parents barely talked to her during the first little while after the abduction (can't remember the case off-hand, sorry).

I feel sorry for this older half-sibling. It's like he's somehow not included with the rest of this family, even by the reporters.

That's pretty early. I wonder how far away from Somer's school/home that is and whether kids are bused to her neighborhood. I'm sure that many of them have cars or at least the use of a car to get back and forth to school. Some probably walk if its not that far.

If they really get out at 1:40 they wouldn't be on the streets with the younger kids but they very easily might be home alone at that time...

bbm

Now this makes sense to me! It is about the same here for hs..I was stunned at after 9a to almost 4p for jh..Is that really right?

bbm

Now this makes sense to me! It is about the same here for hs..I was stunned at after 9a to after 4p especially for the older kids.

I would hate it if it turned out to be a minor. I think its something you've got to look at though.

The fact that Homer has been on the run for over 3 years is a real problem. What is he hiding?? If he doesn't want to tell where he's living then it tells me something has taken place close to where he's been that he can't risk being associated with. Sure wish we knew where he's been. jmo

I get the feeling his bio dad is prob back in Tennessee. Do you suppose he's with DT's mom or maybe some of her bf's family? I couldn't tell from listening to that press release whether she meant just him, or all of the children are elsewhere with relatives. I did see in one release where someone took at least two of the kids to a candlelight vigil before the funeral and they lit candles and then left, so I thought that they must be staying elsewhere as well.

I thought it was strange that she wouldn't want to be around her other kids given that one had just been taken away from her so tragically. I would think that in that situation you would want to keep your remaining children in front of you constantly. But I did see an interview with the sister of a victim in another case, and she said she also stayed with relatives and her parents barely talked to her during the first little while after the abduction (can't remember the case off-hand, sorry).

I feel sorry for this older half-sibling. It's like he's somehow not included with the rest of this family, even by the reporters.

Older Bro is the half brother, he is the one staying with relatives. Different Dad than Sam who is Somer, twin Bro and 10 year old sisters Dad. Jeez I hope I got that right.

Older Bro is the half brother, he is the one staying with relatives. Different Dad than Sam who is Somer, twin Bro and 10 year old sisters Dad. Jeez I hope I got that right.

You did get it right, and I know. It's just that I'm not positive from what I heard the mother say and from what I heard later on one of the news casts, that the other kids are with the mom right now either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp