FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Jax rapist's target area there was just west of Hwy 17; so is Orange Park, only about a half hour south. Within range for someone who travels that route. I don't know that he'd be a likely candidate, but certainly a possibility.

Just caught myself checking for holes in my eyelids....that's my cue....I'm out.

Night all.

Me too. I think I've done all I can tonight on the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4481544&postcount=60"]List[/ame]. Goodnight all.

I have often wondered why the number of children seem to be so skewed. I read that the older sister that does not live with them (I believe she lives with her father) requested to not be brought into this. Did anyone else read this or am I making it up???
There is a twin, 10 year old older sister and teenage brother in high school.
A side note is that the "book bag" should really be classified as a "tote bag" from the description/ sketch provided. You will notice the difference when trying to locate online. Tote bag is more like a big rectangular purse worn on the shoulder. Book bag is more of the one that you sling on your back.
I cannot find any Hannah Montana bag with skulls and think it is a different brand. Hannah Montana is represented by stars and guitars in just about everything I have seen.

BBM

I almost forgot I wanted to note something. Her book bag is not a HM book bag. It was at one time described as such. The links in my signature and in the list, in the text book bag and lunchbox are what they really look like if you believe the Sheriff. I hope I didn't confuse a lot of you by including the descriptions.

I think I just used 'book bag' because it was in the MPR and (I think) on AMW. (eta yes ... http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=69151) Take a close look at the artist renderings of the book bag and lunchbox that Somer was carrying the day she disappeared.

Also, IIRC, I heard (which implies video) that Somer "used it as a book bag" which implied to me that it was for something else initially. I don't have a link to that so consider this part JMO.

I'll think more about this tomorrow.

Was just reading about the reward and noticed under the map down a ways on page Somer has a wall on fb... well, I checked it out. one very disturbing comment left got my attention fast.. why would someone say these things?? it almost describes a murder scene... if it's them in the pic then they are very young.. I was like whoa ... Talk about clue ... everything there but the who... as usual .. darn it.. :banghead:

have to click wall tab..
am I reading to much into that comment ?? 3rd one down..

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...tory/somer_thompson_reward_funds_up_to_64_000

This is why we can't have a sub-forum .. as Tricia stated will see how many ppl will stay with the case.. and everyday less and less here interested in this case..

People getting upset and leaving etccc..

with numbers like this case has been getting it will never see a sub-forum..

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 14 (9 members and 5 guests)
MommaD, alsmom, ccane, Justice07, KAE, Mommy2Sarah, sadnpod, SharetheLight, tarabull

and this is on a good night. I have seen less here this week .. sad just so freaking sad..

Wonder why so many that has worked so hard, have left... I miss them.. so sad..
Justice for Somer....

Don't forget me!! :grouphug: I'm usually here as a guest...until I have something to say. I have read every single post since day one. And I appreciate all of the hard work you all do!

Right now I'm sitting on the edge of my seat :praying: and wishing I could go to court with you guys! 15 more minutes to go...

O/T
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. We'll be gone until next week-have to go let a new little g'daughter wrap us around her little finger.
Let us all remember to count our blessings-we do have so many.
Hugs to each and every one of you, those that sign in and those that visit.
And bless you all for what you do. Amen.

so sorrell skye, you think that it is a person very close to Somer?

What is a possible scenario for you?

It is strange that there is not scent of her with the dog hunt. That indicates a car to me.

So how did the perp go to the renovated house without being noticed? When do you think they went there?

Good questions.

About the perp going into the house... first we need to know IF the house is really a crime scene, or if the dumpster was the one used in the crime.

LE is not talking so we have to assume either/or is true, or not.

I would be interested in talking to the persons responsible for searching the area of the renovated house. What did they see?

Maybe the perp stayed inside the house on Gano and did his deed, then in the middle of the night disposed of the remains either in the dumpster there or in a neighbor's.

Or, we also have to think that the crime happened somewhere else and she was disposed of in the dumpster there.

Or, maybe the house on Gano has nothing to do with the crime at all.

About the scent, that is the best possibility, a car.

But, I just found the following about reasons dogs could loose scent:

A dog’s sense of smell is not only more powerful that ours, it is more discerning. Thus a dog can pick out a target odor in a sea of odors, especially if his concentration is reinforced by periodic exposure to an item of clothing or other object handled or worn by the person he is seeking.

When trailing a person, a dog keys on the odor of skin cells that flake off the body. These skin cells float in the air and drop to the ground as the person moves about, and they float to the surface of the water if a victim has drowned.

Air-scenting dogs work off-lead, directed in a search pattern by the handler. They work with their heads up, sniffing the air to catch the scent and follow it to the victim. Air-scenting dogs are valuable for searches in collapsed structures, for locating the bodies of drowning victims, and for other searches in which a person is not tracked from one point to another.

Because air-scenting dogs work on scent above the ground and range away from the handler, they can work in areas contaminated by human searchers but allowed to air out for awhile. After the contamination has settled, the only body giving off air scent will be the quarry (person being tracked.)

Trailing dogs work on-lead. They follow the skin-cell trail wherever it leads, even though it is mixed with other scents.

Bloodhounds are the best trailing dogs. Their long ears and loose facial skin form folds that scoop and trap scent around their noses. In good conditions, Bloodhounds can follow trails that are weeks old, while other dogs must be on the track within hours.

Contamination of the area, i.e., if family members have been beating the bushes for a lost relative, can reduce the effectiveness of a trailing dog, for dogs have trouble discerning between the scent of the quarry and the scent of a family member. Hot weather can cause problems, too, for skin cells decompose quickly in higher temperatures.

http://www.mindspring.com/~sardog/airdog.html

Just popping in for a second....my daughters have bags kind of like the one that was described for Somer....we bought them at Hot Topic.

They always have stuff like that there, the skulls and stars are kind of the "punk" thing, the bags are cute though. Sometimes Spencer Gifts has bags like this too.

Don't know it that helps. Can I add a pic on here of ours?

Yes, you did. (LOL, well, I did anyway ... I guess you must have since you're commenting about it!)

This isn't the exact article but it's a short version. We talked about how nutty it would be to try to abduct a girl in OP area with LE everywhere. AND with a loud muffler to boot.

http://www.claytodayonline.com/content/1743_1.php

I think this is what I read: http://jacksonville.com/community/m..._girl_refuses_coaxing_to_ride_with_a_stranger

OT, but... just a quick add-on.

Police said McCray has an extensive criminal history, beginning with a 2003 arrest for sexual battery on a 15-year-old. McCray's defense the sex with the teenager was consensual and he pleaded guilty to child abuse, for which he spent on year in prison.

McCray has been arrested several times since his 2005 release from prison and accused of crimes including an additional case of child abuse, battery, assault, cocaine possession, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and resisting arrest. Many of the charges were dropped and others were pleaded down to lesser offenses. McCray did several jail stints ranging from 30 to 140 days and was on probation from the Florida Department of Corrections.

On Oct. 29 -- two days before the first of this series of attacks -- a warrant was issued for McCray's arrest for violation of that probation.

Just popping in for a second....my daughters have bags kind of like the one that was described for Somer....we bought them at Hot Topic.

They always have stuff like that there, the skulls and stars are kind of the "punk" thing, the bags are cute though. Sometimes Spencer Gifts has bags like this too.

It's a tote bag, as pictured on AMW program. IMO

About the lunch bag, many of us searched for it, but couldn't find it.

I think the style is not of a "typical" lunch bag, but more of a "train case" style. This particular bag looks like a case that comes with girls play makeup.

It looks "cheapish", so maybe a "made in china" distributed by low-end stores.

Not that it means much anymore. Any dimwit perp reading the news knows that LE is looking for the bag and lunch bag, so they have had to been disposed of already.

Hi, Does the tote bag appear to be made of vinyl or patent leather? I assume the lunchbox is vinyl. I've been doing my stint again today looking.
Some sites list 30,000 totes. But, when you confine your search to pink with skulls you narrow in down a lot.

What are yours made of? TIA

Hi, Does the tote bag appear to be made of vinyl or patent leather? I assume the lunchbox is vinyl. I've been doing my stint again today looking.
Some sites list 30,000 totes. But, when you confine your search to pink with skulls you narrow in down a lot.

What are yours made of? TIA

I would search first where could Diena or granma had bought them in town. I doubt they ordered them online. Also, Diena's budget was restricted because of so many kids, no child support, and not a high-paying job, though I'm sure granma helped since they were even living in her house.

Also, the tote bag could've been canvas material, not just leather or vynil.

:)

It's a tote bag, as pictured on AMW program. IMO

About the lunch bag, many of us searched for it, but couldn't find it.

I think the style is not of a "typical" lunch bag, but more of a "train case" style. This particular bag looks like a case that comes with girls play makeup.

It looks "cheapish", so maybe a "made in china" distributed by low-end stores.

Not that it means much anymore. Any dimwit perp reading the news knows that LE is looking for the bag and lunch bag, so they have had to been disposed of already.

Maybe LE just wants to confirm their descripton as to whether they ever existed. Considering the description has evolved. They could not confirm it, thus no actual pictures of like items. Most lunch boxes have a thermos, too unless it wasn't an actual "lunchbox" and may well not have been. So they put it out there to see if anyone else, not just in and around OP, but on National TV has these same items. That was my take, anyway.

I would search first where could Diena or granma had bought them in town. I doubt they ordered them online. Also, Diena's budget was restricted because of so many kids, no child support, and not a high-paying job, though I'm sure granma helped since they were even living in her house.

Also, the tote bag could've been canvas material, not just leather or vynil.

:)

IIRC it was reported as being vinyl with the hearts/skull-crossbones printed/transferred on (is that the word I want?)

I'm at the salt mine. Could someone in Florida notify the Duval county people that a guy sounding like the arrested rapist might have tried to abduct a girl in OP? -the guy with the noisy muffler?

I wonder how a guy like that rapist affords a car? Is he working somewhere? Maybe he got his muffler fixed. Yes, gun and Somer is another possiblity.

I was a doubter of a stranger and a car because there is sooooo much traffic in Forida. But, I obviously not a problem for the determined.

The escalation of rapes sounds interesting in light of it being so close to Somer's time.

I am wondering if the lunch box was something like this. It is made by the same company as hello kitty and there are lots of styles and different materials.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bento-Japan-PIG...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4ab307d8

P10509291.jpg

I might be wrong on the same company as hello kitty.

Was just reading about the reward and noticed under the map down a ways on page Somer has a wall on fb... well, I checked it out. one very disturbing comment left got my attention fast.. why would someone say these things?? it almost describes a murder scene... if it's them in the pic then they are very young.. I was like whoa ... Talk about clue ... everything there but the who... as usual .. darn it.. :banghead:

have to click wall tab..
am I reading to much into that comment ?? 3rd one down..

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...tory/somer_thompson_reward_funds_up_to_64_000

MommaD was it left by a female?
It looks like a quote from someone in 1974. I will try to research it to see if the origins are legit and what the circumstances were.
I agree though, it is eery.

ETA:
Here's some info about the person the quote is credited to:

Paul Kirk: From a position of distinction and renown in biochemistry, his interest in applying scientific knowledge and techniques to the field of criminal investigation brought him ultimately to international recognition and made him the dominant figure in the emerging discipline of criminalistics.

this gentleman died in 1970, which confused me b/c his quote is always cited with 1974. I found a second edition of his book Crime Investigation came out in 1974 thus the 1974 cite.

OK, here is the original source of the quote:
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]"Whereever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves, even unconsciously, will serve as silent witness against him. Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothing, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects. All of these and more bear mute witness against him. This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are, it is factual evidence, physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself; it cannot be wholly absent, only its interpretation can err. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value." [/font][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]Harris vs United States, 331 US 145, 1947[/font]

I found a store online who carries the same skull/star pattern totes but different colors..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member