FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if the lunch box was something like this. It is made by the same company as hello kitty and there are lots of styles and different materials.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bento-Japan-PIG...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4ab307d8

I looked through those as I am sure LE did too. Similar but different. No handle on top and don't appear to be soft-vinyl. I saw several on different sites that were round and pink and had a pig, but were still not the same.
And if I could find these, LE could too. They specifically said, we had to get an artist to draw these "from scratch" because they couldn't find any identical items from searching the internet. Even local stores get merchandise from larger manufacturers that list their stocks online, not just for retail but wholesale also. So, I know they would have been more than likely "bought" locally, as stated by lipin, and LE would have went to those places first, I would think. It is a mystery to me.

Hello All,

Sorry, I didnt make it court this morning... I am sick.... ugh.... I called a friend from Grren Cove Springs that lives near the courthouse to see if she could go for me.. she couldnt, but she told me about a Cynthia K***, deceased, that she went to school with, when she was 15 (around 28 yrs ago) this CK commited suicide in the park behind the police dept... I dont know if its revelant... I am so mad at myself for not going... but sometimes you just cant leave your toilet behind.... :) (too much info?)

If she got the book bag at Hot Topic?Those stores are usually in the mall.She might have gotten the lunch box there also or somewhere else at the mall.There are places like claire's and others that also have these items in the mall.

Noway,
I think (?) you asked me to remind you of willow ln.... the short cut comes out right there... at willow lane

The thing is ... this had to have been manufactured by someone. And for a store to carry it, their buyer would have had to have seen some image. They can't be the only ones in FL (or can they?) of this exact type.

I worked for a manufacturer, and we had artist's sketches of the items along with photo of sample with fabric/color swatches. (This was long ago, before the Internet was so widely used and dinosaurs roamed the earth.)

They should be able to contact the manufacturer for a list of retail stores they sold the darn things to. It should not be this hard. I think LE is deliberately being sneaky. Do they have them and are hoping the perp will head back to where they were dumped to get them ... IDK.

But until we get a new sketch or a new something from LE, I can't look at any more book bags/totes/bags/fashion bags/backpacks.

Noway,
I think (?) you asked me to remind you of willow ln.... the short cut comes out right there... at willow lane

I wasn't sure where the shortcut was. It interests me to know that it does come out at Willow Lane. So thank you. It was part of a theory I was working on with someone about Somer wanting to beat her sibs home.

The thing is ... this had to have been manufactured by someone. And for a store to carry it, their buyer would have had to have seen some image. They can't be the only ones in FL (or can they?) of this exact type.

I worked for a manufacturer, and we had artist's sketches of the items along with photo of sample with fabric/color swatches.

They should be able to contact the manufacturer for a list of retail stores they sold the darn things to. It should not be this hard. I think LE is deliberately being sneaky. Do they have them and are hoping the perp will head back to where they were dumped to get them ... IDK.

But until we get a new sketch or a new something from LE, I can't look at any more book bags/totes/bags/fashion bags/backpacks.

Since all have searched so diligently for these items, I am going to assume they are older items, hand me downs, consignment items?? Each year there is an extraordinary amount of new tote bags, lunch box, school supply items released for sale. If I looked for one of my daughters older school bags I probably wouldn't be able to find it online (just a guess)

Either that or LE is only releasing partial truths.

ETA: Really need to stop being lazy about quoting. BBM

My response below is in response to:
Since all have searched so diligently for these items, I am going to assume they are older items, hand me downs, consignment items?? Each year there is an extraordinary amount of new tote bags, lunch box, school supply items released for sale. If I looked for one of my daughters older school bags I probably wouldn't be able to find it online (just a guess)

Either that or LE is only releasing partial truths.

If your daughter's tote had the manufacturer listed (on a tag in the bag) and it was a murder case, you'd be able to find it. Well, LE would.

JMO

Manufacturers keep the specs on what they've made. And even if made in a foreign country, they had to have been imported by someone. There would be a trail. IMO, it's a case of "partial truths" by LE.

IIRC it was reported as being vinyl with the hearts/skull-crossbones printed/transferred on (is that the word I want?)

Sorry for misspelling vinyl. I thought on going back and editing it, but changed my mind and thought nobody would notice.

:angel:

I've seen MANY MANY articles about the book bag and lunch box, but none say what they are made of, even in the coverage at AMW.

Not that I doubt you, but in order for it to register in my brain I wish to see a valid reference to where it says it is vynil. I mean vinyl. If anyone has it, please?

:)

If your daughter's tote had the manufacturer listed (on a tag in the bag) and it was a murder case, you'd be able to find it. Well, LE would.

JMO

Manufacturers keep the specs on what they've made.

Maybe I am confused, if they haven't found the bags, how would they look at the tag?

Or are you saying they really have them?

It was someone talking (female) and either Diena or the neighbor AB (being careful on names here). I think.

I'm at the salt mine. Could someone in Florida notify the Duval county people that a guy sounding like the arrested rapist might have tried to abduct a girl in OP? -the guy with the noisy muffler?

I wonder how a guy like that rapist affords a car? Is he working somewhere? Maybe he got his muffler fixed. Yes, gun and Somer is another possiblity.

I was a doubter of a stranger and a car because there is sooooo much traffic in Forida. But, I obviously not a problem for the determined.

The escalation of rapes sounds interesting in light of it being so close to Somer's time.

um, what? You want someone to call LE? That's pretty vague info you're handing out there... unless I'm completely misreading you.

Maybe I am confused, if they haven't found the bags, how would they look at the tag?

Or are you saying they really have them?

The 'tag' part was in response to finding daughter's previous years' bags online.

Diena knows where they came from (store, friend, family) and that person knows where he/she got them (store, ebay, garage sale, etc.). JMO There is no reason LE doesn't have a photograph of those bags. JMO They have more information on those bags and are holding back.

I wasn't sure where the shortcut was. It interests me to know that it does come out at Willow Lane. So thank you. It was part of a theory I was working on with someone about Somer wanting to beat her sibs home.

The google map is not accurate, but I cant figure out where..

the shortcut goes behind the park
see where there isnt a street from... fromhart st, behind the park to grove park dr?
I could have sworn I hit pecan ct to debarry and horton from the shortcut, but the map makes it look like pecan ends instead of going thru.. I know u can get there from briarwood too.
I need to go back

Yea, that was my thought too, that she was gonna laugh at them for beatin them home... only wish she could have....

Sorry for misspelling vinyl. I thought on going back and editing it, but changed my mind and thought nobody would notice.

:angel:

I've seen MANY MANY articles about the book bag and lunch box, but none say what they are made of, even in the coverage at AMW.

Not that I doubt you, but in order for it to register in my brain I wish to see a valid reference to where it says it is vynil. I mean vinyl. If anyone has it, please?

:)

I'm searching my notes. Had to restart computer and wanted to try to get that in my list before 10.

I'm searching now because I know that I made a comment about hearing it was vinyl (and I had to look that one up!) so I'm reading through my comments. Wish I didn't post so much.

Was just reading about the reward and noticed under the map down a ways on page Somer has a wall on fb... well, I checked it out. one very disturbing comment left got my attention fast.. why would someone say these things?? it almost describes a murder scene... if it's them in the pic then they are very young.. I was like whoa ... Talk about clue ... everything there but the who... as usual .. darn it.. :banghead:

have to click wall tab..
am I reading to much into that comment ?? 3rd one down..

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...tory/somer_thompson_reward_funds_up_to_64_000

MommaD was it left by a female?
It looks like a quote from someone in 1974. I will try to research it to see if the origins are legit and what the circumstances were.
I agree though, it is eery.

ETA:
Here's some info about the person the quote is credited to:

Paul Kirk: From a position of distinction and renown in biochemistry, his interest in applying scientific knowledge and techniques to the field of criminal investigation brought him ultimately to international recognition and made him the dominant figure in the emerging discipline of criminalistics.

this gentleman died in 1970, which confused me b/c his quote is always cited with 1974. I found a second edition of his book Crime Investigation came out in 1974 thus the 1974 cite.

OK, here is the original source of the quote:
"Whereever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves, even unconsciously, will serve as silent witness against him. Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothing, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects. All of these and more bear mute witness against him. This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are, it is factual evidence, physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself; it cannot be wholly absent, only its interpretation can err. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value." [/COLOR][/font][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]Harris vs United States, 331 US 145, 1947

Learn about Dr. Paul L. Kirk in Chapter One of the book Criminal Profiling: An Introduction to Behavioral Evidence Analysis By Brent E. Turvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda