FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE is going to keep everything very close to the vest until an arrest is made. I suspect that dogs alerted to a dumpster, but they don't want the public to know a lot until they investigate. JMOO

So they found a body, the birthmark may or may not match. What made them search the landfill? Although i gotta say, landfills and dumpster searches should be a matter of protocol in any missing kids case, sad to say. It should be searched immediately. Geeze. Her poor mom. I can't even imagine.

tiredblondy ..... I posted link to dog tracking .. added it later . do you see it??

Maybe....someone observed someone putting something in a dumpster and it looked suspicious?
or one of the multiple dog teams they had out had a hit on a recently emptied dumpster... just a thought

sorry... just saw that you peeps already mentioned that (thought that dogs hit on a recently emptied dumpster)

wiley hodges of crimestoppers on now.. talking about 25k reward and that the character that did this is sick and the tips need to start coming in now

Personally, I don't think of child predators as sick. I think of them as being evil.

what is amazing to me is that there were only three LE at the garbage site doing the grid search over a he!! of a lot of garbage. My hat is OFF to them and my HEART goes out to them for having to find what they did today. They must be emotionally traumatized beyond belief.

Just to note that is the cross section that the RSO lives one block over. so probably his back yard is along the route... just a thought from looking at the map.. so very sad..

:furious:I know we keep saying something must be done,but SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!! If we could only band together,not just websleuths but every decent person. Get petitions do anything to stop this murder of beautiful children MY GOD i cry!! Someone with knowledge please help our children!! I want to see anyone who kills a child die for it.ACLU ~ go to he** we have rights too.I am beginning to think we need vigilanty groups to go after them.No more beautiful kids having a nanny steal them, beating them to death drowning them they die YOU DIE:furious:We have Mollycoddled enough.America, be ashamed.

Just to note that is the cross section that the RSO lives one block over. so probably his back yard is along the route... just a thought from looking at the map.. so very sad..

Which one? Would you mind linking?

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/alaskan_supreme_court_decision_lets_sex_offenders_roam_free/

[snipped]
On July 25, 2008, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that the Alaska Sex Offender Registration Act’s registration requirement does not apply to persons who committed their crimes before the act became effective on August 10, 1994.

A review of criminal history records for all of the registered sex offenders in Alaska is being conducted by the Department of Public Safety. This review is to identify individuals who may no longer have to register in Alaska as sex offenders, based on this court ruling.

George Koenig committed the crimes for which he was convicted of prior to August 10, 1994 (offense date December 1983), and was therefore one of the subjects affected by the Alaska Supreme Court decision.
The Supreme Court decision is attached for your review. If I can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to call.
David Schade
Director of Statewide Services
Department of Public Safety

[bolded by me]

Please check in your state to see how sex offenders are fighting back...they say the way they are treated is UNCONSTITUTIONAL...for instance:
1. SO say the registry renders them a criminal long after they have served their sentence.

2. SO don't want restrictions on where they live and work (schools, playgrounds etc.)

3. SO don't want GPS monitoring

4. SO want their sentence to end on time - When their sentence ends, they want out. Their thinking is that the courts are in no position to make a decision on how dangerous SO are.

In other words, SO want to be treated like any other criminal - no registry, no detainment, no gps, when they are done serving time - they are done.

The list and law suits are endless - NC, Alaska, Ohio, Il...etc. and so far the courts are in agreement - the laws against SO are unConstitutional. Our Supreme Court is hearing the arguments soon. Please check what is going on in your state and begin writing your congressmen/women. mho & TIA

what is amazing to me is that there were only three LE at the garbage site doing the grid search over a he!! of a lot of garbage. My hat is OFF to them and my HEART goes out to them for having to find what they did today. They must be emotionally traumatized beyond belief.

During the Caylee case we learned a lot of LE searching landfills etcc.. Makes it nice that the landfills keep such great records.. or LE would have heck of a time to find something in a landfill...

after doing my own search of rso's I have found 8 of them listed as predators in this town! Not to mention the 90 or so more that are just your garden variety sex offender. Walking home from school in this area is like swimming in a small fish bowl with a fleet of sharks and a trickle of blood to attract them! It is absolutely insane!

I am feeling such sorrow for this family, such an unimaginable thing to happen in the blink of an eye. Life forever changed in an instant. Such heartbreak and raw emotions going haywire. I wish I could take some of their grief and handle it for them.........

Sheriff to Suspect: 'We are Coming to Get Him.'
Created: 10/21/2009 11:20:36 AM
Updated: 10/21/2009 8:49:58 PM
<snipped>
The Clay County sheriff had a message for the person responsible for the death of the young girl pulled from a landfill Wednesday afternoon: "I don't want to tell that suspect what we are doing. I will tell him this: We are coming to get him."

At an evening news conference, state attorney Angela Corey said that the office knew how important it was for Somer's family to know the identity of the body.

"We're doing everything possible to identify the body to assist the family," she said, adding that she did not foresee any problems stemming from the fact that this is a inter-state case. "(Somer's mother) will get her answers, I assure you, when we can give them to her."

Video: 4:15 News Conference 10/21/09 2:15
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...stId=playlist&maven_referralObject=1303189241

Video: Neighbors Set Up Tribute Table For Somer 10/21/09 1:30
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...Id=sect_somer&maven_referralObject=1303270323

Video: Search Dogs Follow Scent, Used Bedsheets 10/21/09 5PM Report 1:06
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...Id=sect_somer&maven_referralObject=1303253181

Video: Search For Somer Thompson 10/21/09 5PM Report 1:14
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...d0b7d36168356&maven_referralObject=1303270658

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146992&catid=3

:angel:

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/alaskan_supreme_court_decision_lets_sex_offenders_roam_free/

[snipped]
On July 25, 2008, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that the Alaska Sex Offender Registration Act’s registration requirement does not apply to persons who committed their crimes before the act became effective on August 10, 1994.

A review of criminal history records for all of the registered sex offenders in Alaska is being conducted by the Department of Public Safety. This review is to identify individuals who may no longer have to register in Alaska as sex offenders, based on this court ruling.

George Koenig committed the crimes for which he was convicted of prior to August 10, 1994 (offense date December 1983), and was therefore one of the subjects affected by the Alaska Supreme Court decision.
The Supreme Court decision is attached for your review. If I can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to call.
David Schade
Director of Statewide Services
Department of Public Safety

[bolded by me]

Please check in your state to see how sex offenders are fighting back...they say the way they are treated is UNCONSTITUTIONAL...for instance:
1. SO say the registry renders them a criminal long after they have served their sentence.

2. SO don't want restrictions on where they live and work (schools, playgrounds etc.)

3. SO don't want GPS monitoring

4. SO want their sentence to end on time - When their sentence ends, they want out. Their thinking is that the courts are in no position to make a decision on how dangerous SO are.

In other words, SO want to be treated like any other criminal - no registry, no detainment, no gps, when they are done serving time - they are done.

The list and law suits are endless - NC, Alaska, Ohio, Il...etc. and so far the courts are in agreement - the laws against SO are unConstitutional. Our Supreme Court is hearing the arguments soon. Please check what is going on in your state and begin writing your congressmen/women. mho & TIA

OH MY Gosh.. WTF!!!!!!! Great post eyes4crime but I can not comment at this time for fear of T/O or worse.. all I can say is WTF....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona