FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, whoever did it disposed of the evidence in a hurry. IDK why, but when I try to envision what happened after the murder, I see someone in a panic. I believe a dumpster was close by where the murder occurred and putting her body in there was the "quick & easy" solution for the murderer - before anyone saw.
From what little I've read about criminal profiling, the killer seems disorganized to me. If it was a premeditated crime involving an "experienced" killer, it would seem more logical to have some sort of plan to hide the evidence - like burial or one of the retention ponds in the area. There are also several large wooded parks within driving distance of OP.

I may be wrong, but I believe the dumpster was convenient - close at hand.

When I throw away the garbage @ work, I just lift the lid & toss - mainly due to the smell. Dumpsters reek. I don't even like to touch the lid - let alone look inside. Maybe it's just me.

And then there's the whole idea of putting her body into a dumpster to begin with. Why hide her body at all? Why not just leave her where she was, or just drop her off somewhere out of sight? Whoever did it wanted to hide the evidence - felt compelled to hide the evidence, for whatever reason. Perhaps because they feared they might have been seen in the area where she was killed? And if her lifeless body was discovered right away - that person could be placed in the vicinity also?

Chickadee, I am so happy that you shared your story. Of course I don't know you, but I am very proud of you and what you did to find your Dad. I don't know if this sounds right, but it sounds like you have made a good life for yourself in spite of horrible odds.

BBM:The same here chickadee; you brought two big ol' tears to these big ol' eyes of mine...God Bless you and your family!!!

Do you work in a hospice center or a nursing home? It takes a very special person to stay at this side of dying people. I did it with my very best friend in the whole wide world and also with my Mom... each experience was so different & something I will never, ever forget. It also changed me as a person...very hard to explain.

In keeping with the rules of this forum and etc., let me just say that I have worked in the health care field, mostly with the elderly but also in psychiatric capacity, in administration and in direct care. As far as being a special person, it is they who are special who, it not being their choice, allow people they wouldn't normally associate into the most intimate parts of their lives. It is a privilege to be with a person who is leaving the world. It is not pretty, it is heart-rending. The movies will never be able to display it. There are smells and sounds and feelings that are very difficult to get rid of. But we must face it. It is very poignant when a person's own family can't be bothered because they have disassociated themselves for reasons known only to them - and we are the ones there to hold a hand a be a presence.

Routinely seeing people die of "natural causes" makes me even more angry when a young and vital little girl dies "unnaturally" to satisfy a big adult who doesn't want her in the world.

I feel the need to share my story now.

My mom was married with 2 kids (me being one), got a divorce, then remarried and had 2 more kids. She worked at different schools as a secretary. She didn't party, drink or do drugs. We were never left alone, we never walked home from school alone. She did our laundry and cooked supper every night. She even put pretty ribbons in my hair. If you met her you would have thought she was the most loving wife and mother you ever came across.

Here's how it really was....

My parents split up when I was 5. My mother just up and left with us 2 kids and just the clothes we were wearing.We went to Hawaii and she married a service man. My brother and I used his last name. My father found us in Hawaii. He sent child support, birthday cards, Christmas presents, letters etc. Every single thing he sent to us was sent back with my step fathers signature on it....RETURN TO SENDER. We never saw anything. Then we moved, and moved, and moved. I have lived all over the world. My father tried to track us down but never did find us. He contacted my mother's side of the family but they refused to get involved. My brother and I were beaten and ...I can't even tell you everything without losing it. Use your imagination. My mother stood by and did nothing.

When I turned 18 I tried to find my father, but I wasn't even sure what my last name was. Then I went through my mothers things and found a picture. It was a picture of my mother and a man that I assumed was my father. It had their names the on back of the picture, and that was all I had to go by. I never saw my birth certificate or anything. But I knew which state I was born in! So one day I got on the phone and called information. I told the operator that I was looking for my real father and all I had was a name. She gave me 3 phone numbers. The first number I dialed, no one answered. The second number I dialed a man answered. I asked if he was John Doe (don't want to use real names), who was once married to Jane Smith Doe. He said no he wasn't. He asked who I was and I told him I was trying to find my real father. He wished me luck and said he wished he was my real father because I sounded like such a nice girl. The third number I called a man answered and I asked him the same. Are you the same John Doe that was once married to Jane Smith Doe. He said no Kathy, but I'm your grandfather. We cried, my grandmother got on the phone and she cried. My grandfather told me that the first phone number I dialed was in fact my father's number. He wasn't home, he was in another state at his vacation home with his wife. To make a long story short, my grandfather got in his car and drove 3 states away to where my father was. He got out of his car and walked up to my father and put his hands on his shoulders and just started crying. My father said, " Kathy finally called, didn't she?" This happened 34 years ago. That day changed my life. My mother didn't talk to me for years. Then she was killed 16 years ago. My brother committed suicide not long after. My step father is dieing a very slow and painful death as I type this( my justice). My step mother died 7 years ago, I am so glad I got to know her, and love her. My father and I have the best relationship!! He saved every child support check he wrote, every present he wrapped, every single letter and card he ever sent to me and my brother. He gave me everything. My proof. The facts.

I don't really know why I'm sharing this with all of you. Well, yes I do. It's because of PC. People keep saying they think he is controlling etc., and it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. And then I think of Sam alone and not even mentioned in Somer's obituary. And then I wonder if DT was like my mother. And I have to wonder, just what really went on behind those closed doors on Horton Drive.

One more thing I'd like to mention, then I'll shut up and let you all get back to your sleuthing. There's an old saying that keeps going through my head. There are 3 sides to every story, hers, his, and the truth.

What an incredible and painful story to read let alone live. I'm happy you found the truth. The truth sometimes is not what it seems. Abuse is so subtle sometimes and easily missed. One would think your mom was being honest but that wasn't the truth. All that glitters isn't gold. I'm so sorry for all you went through and wish you the best of luck in the present and future. What a story. I would write a book if I were you about this. It's so often that the man is never believed when it's the woman/mom who is the real villain. I know one could say it was mainly your step dad but she enabled him. I'm glad he's suffering.

father in heaven we join hands in your son jesus's name asking that your devine intervention would change the heart of the person that took a young life that you put here as a gift to her family, that you would give direction that would bring about a resolution in finding the killer of somer thompson. we ask that you extend great comfort to her mother,father and her sibblings during the upcoming holiday marking the birth of your son jesus, we ask for your hand in assisting the orange park sheriffs department finding the clues that will bring about a close to the loss of an innocent life, we are desperate for your love, we are lost without you, we give great thanks to you father for the lives that somer touched, we give great thanks to those that you gave strentgh to that searched for somer. we are thankful for the wings you have given her, we are thankful for all that you have given us, we ask for justice for a killer that took this precious child, we know your justice is everlasting, we know your guidance can change the heart of the person that is unknown to all of us that took somer thompson away from not only her family but from the community in which she lived. we ask this in your son jesus's name. amen..

That was very nice, thank you.

On DT's FB page she had: (Her name) is a fan of:
Celebrities/Public
Figures
God

I took a screenshot of it so I know for a fact it was there.
There is nothing there now. She removed it.

I wonder if part of the grieving process is losing faith? I know there is anger, depression and denial. Maybe the anger part plays into it? IDK

1. Don't have a clue about CPC and DT and SP's interchangeable relationship or possible connections to one another. SP and DT and DT's family are friends on FB but CPC is not on there. Could SP have once been more than a friend, then he was replaced by CPC but still hung around and they "remained friends" as it is said...

2. It's not so much CPC's job but his choice of friends and activities that don't fit in with the alternative/healthy choices: Harley, beer, *advertiser censored*, more "hard living" shall we say. Motorcycle groups of this type generally have no use for new age philosophy or lifestyle. Not trying to be judgemental or off subject, but I do wonder if CPC's favorite viewing activity was indulged in at home with the kids listening...

3. See #1, don't know. What strikes me odd is that this "very very" good friend was never asked to go to the home before, when the kids did not have adult supervision on their way home. This tells me that someone was aware Somer was having difficulties and DT felt it necessary to have someone waiting there on that day? Let's remember, not only Somer, but her twin, had JUST TURNED SEVEN. That means they were more like Six. DT said on TV that Somer didn't feel well and didn't want to go to school that day. Maybe she didn't want to face being "picked on"? DT sent her, went to work, came home from lunch, and, allegedly, asked SP to stay. Is there any proof positive that he stayed at the house the entire time? Does anyone know where ST went after he was interviewed by LE?

4, If the killer planned it they could have put her in a garbage bag right along with the other trash near the empty house. How and when she would have been transferred out of the bag or into the dumpster he knows. All of this could have been done behind the house or she could have been dragged by a strong person any place. It's the timing that matters most here, IMO The murder could have taken place very quietly and in a second by a strong person.

Hi,

I've been reading along and trying to catch up tonight. You have some good questions and insights. One thing I wanted to mention, the twins birthday is in April. So they were seven and half. You might have read where there is a discrepancy on whether S was in the first or second grade. By her age she should have started second grade this year. But, if she was in the first, it was either because she failed or was held back. Does anyone know what grade ST jr, is in? Were they in the same grade? Could this have been a source of tension maybe?

Facts I, Part 3

Because I was running into issues with surpassing the number of characters in this post, I'm going to divide into Facts I (Somer, Diena, Samuel, Sean, C. Perry) and Facts II (Gano House, Law Enforcement, Other People, Garbage, RSOs, Unrelated) and the Part number will change as we go.

Please do not quote whole post. Bring a correction or addition to my attention with copy/paste.

SOMER
· Somer Thompson was 7 when she disappeared on October 19.
· Somer was wearing a cranberry jump suit (sweat suit) with a matching top to the bottom and pink satin stripes down the sides of arms and legs, and a black shirt underneath and blue and gray socks and rainbow tennis shoes. (Diena Thompson Addresses the Media)
· Somer and her siblings got ride to school in the morning and walked in the afternoon with 50-70 kids See Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer was born April 5, 2002.
· Somer did not wander off according to her mom in video Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer routinely wandered around and nobody knew where she was, according to a babysitter.
· Somer had run off unattended. MR said running off unattended wasn't anything new for Somer. R., 17, said she baby-sat Somer and her two siblings for a little more than a month this year. ... She said the 7-year-old is headstrong and often jumped ahead of her brother and sister on the way back from school and made her way back by herself. These trips usually took anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, and she said Diena Thompson had a list of phone numbers for the parents of Somer's friends in case she was gone for too long.
· Somer wore a red ribbon in her ponytail on October 19.
· Somer was driven to school on October 19 by AB (neighbor), who said it was a normal morning and Somer was her usual self.
· Somer went to school (GPE) and left school at regular time (2:32 p.m.).
· Somer was released from school at 2:50 p.m. Source
· Somer initially started walking with her friend M. “Minutes before she was walking with this little girl. I mean, yea it's definitely sunk in...It gives me goose bumps...thinking it could have been fifty-fifty, I mean, just like that,” said GC.
· Somer caught up with AT and ST (twin) in the 1100 block of Gano. Source
· AT brought up spat with M., and Somer ran ahead to walk alone.
· An AMBER Alert was issued on Tuesday morning. It does not mention the book bag or lunchbox, but mentions her possibly wearing white hat and scarf. JPG of AMBER Alert
· Somer lived with her mom Diena, her twin brother ST, her older sister AT and her older brother AC. See Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer's body was found at Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, GA. She was tentatively identified by her clothing and a birthmark.
· Somer's lunchbox and book bag (see sketches as released by LE and shown on AMW) have not been found. Details first reported on AMW November 7. (Previous reports had not mentioned lunchbox; backpack/book bag was described several ways, now believed to be in error, including but not limited to “black book bag”; “pink black and white backpack with skulls, hearts, and crossbones”; “purple HM backpack”)

DIENA THOMPSON
· Diena and Samuel Thompson are estranged and in the process of divorcing.
· Diena has a live-in boyfriend (CPC, who goes by P).
· Diena said she had lunch at her home on October 19 with SAP, a family friend.
· Diena asked SAP to wait until the kids got home from school. (from narrative MPR, but what was he to do after that?)
· Dena texts SAP around 4 p.m., asking how the kids were; SAP replied that Somer had not come home with the other kids.
· Diena leaves work early to search for Somer.
· Diena felt something was wrong this time, and this is why she responded quickly to news of Somer not making it home that day.
· Diena calls her boyfriend, CPC aka Perry, at about 4:20 p.m., tells him Somer didn’t come home, and asks him to leave work to help search for her.
· Diena stops at OPAA to pick up oldest son AC.
· Diena flags down D/S A. Coan at the corner of Floyd Circle West and Gano, and reports Somer missing.
· Diena says that ST (twin) lagged behind to talk to a friend. (watch video that page too)."I know that ST had lagged behind talking to a friend," Diena Thompson told "GMA." "And AT and Somer were together and that -- I'm not sure what happened. Somer got teased a lot. ... She ran ahead, and AT just figured she'd catch up with her. And when she got to the second crossing guard Somer wasn't there.

SAMUEL THOMPSON

· Samuel lives in North Carolina and has not seen Somer in 2 years.
· Samuel came to FL on the Sunday after Somer's disappearance.
· Samuel says soot was found on Somer’s body in NG interview). (Later, he recants that statement through relative on WS because the source of this information, his sister LH, is thought to be unreliable.)

SEAN A. P. (SAP)
· Source unless otherwise noted is [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4448957&postcount=52"]MPR Narrative[/ame].
· SAP is a close family friend.
· SAP is said to have had lunch with Diena at her house on October 19 (stated by Diena).
· SAP is asked to wait at house until kids come home from school. (not sure what he was to do after they came home).
· SAP had not been asked to do this before. This was his first time.
· SAP asks where Somer is when AT and ST arrived around 3:10 p.m.
· SAP sent AT to look for Somer. When she returned about 15 minutes later without her, SAP told her to look again real good before he called Diena.
· SAP gets text from Diena around 4 p.m. asking how the kids were doing; he texts back that Somer did not come home with the other kids and AT is out looking for her. Diena says she will leave work and come look for Somer.
· SAP changed [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322213&postcount=153"]details[/ame] on his indigo healing website.

C. PERRY C.
· CPC is Diena's live-in boyfriend.
· CPC gets call about 4:20 p.m. from Diena who tells him Somer didn’t come home; Diena asks him to leave work to help search for her.
· CPC leaves work and drives to the Horton Drive home; arrives at about 5 p.m.
· CPC picks up ST (twin) at the house about 5 p.m. and goes to search for Somer.

:star1: New stuff here. Will put it within category later.

SOMER
Somer rode her scooter around the neighborhood. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569515,00.html

Somer and her siblings AT and ST normally walked home together. Three weeks ago Monday the 7-year-old was walking home from school with her older sister A. and twin brother S. Her mother was at work. And as usual, the children were to walk home together. Friends' parents would keep an eye on them. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thom...ory?id=9029804

DIENA
Diena and blacked out video. This is the link to the blackout video: ([ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4550387&postcount=261"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 29[/ame])

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/
Blackout 2:11-2:33 right after DT says: I am searching ... and the … and the … I don't know that it's funny but … .I flagged down an officer as soon as I got off work, and my son was already down there looking and I saw a deputy ‘cause I didn't know what to do, I already had this feeling this isn't just your normal “she went to somebody's house and she's gonna be home – .you know, this was “something’s wrong,” and I flagged him down and we went into the parking lot of OPAA which just..."

Diena was asked not to view body. http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/

Diena says the kids got a ride in morning and walked in evening (in nice weather). ~ @ 2:21 in Diena Thompson addresses the media http://jacksonville.com/video?bcpid=...id=45725057001

First Coast (12/03/2009) reports that Braddy used to walk Somer to school every morning. She said the neighborhood has changed. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/m...6&provider=top

DT Interview from November 12 DT is asked if authorities have told her yet what Somer's COD is and she says: "NO, I don't know what her cause of death is - I don't know what her date of death is - I don't know if she was sexually assaulted, I know literally nothing pretty much accept that they found my daughter which i am truly grateful for because I couldn't have lived, I don't want to say that but I know it would have crushed me to not have ever found her …" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=51242261001 SPECIAL NOTE: We wanted to offer our viewers this interview without any edits. The video, therefore, is uncut as posted, and so you'll see unsettled camera moves near the end, as the photographer repositions his shot.

SIBLINGS/FAMILY/FRIENDS/NEIGBORS
AB, the neighbor who drove the kids to school, implies something is going on and the family knows. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322099&postcount=120"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #3[/ame]

AB drove her daughter KB, 9, and three of the Thompson children to school, the way she does every morning. AB said she dropped the children off at school around 7:45 a.m. and made sure they got behind the gate and that they were safe. … Later that day, AB learned that Somer disappeared while walking home from school. ... AB, whose daughter is picked up after school by a babysitter, said she was shocked to learn that the area has so many sexual offenders and predators. Source is not mainstream media: http://christinaleachphillips.wordpr...monday-oct-19/

AC spoke with a patrolling officer.. http://www.news4jax.com/news/21363554/detail.html I walked around with a patrolling officer, and we told him what happened," A. said.

MS. Somer’s maternal great grandmother lives in New Richamond, OH. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569515,00.html

RO, neighbor, said Somer never met a stranger; was very friendly. Always looking for other kids to play with. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569515,00.html

TJ’s 11 year old would often to the library with Somer and look at books about kitten and puppies. Somer was one of the few friends her daughter had. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569515,00.html

TJ said her family recently moved into the area, and her daughter became friends with both AT and Somer. TJ said they made her daughter feel welcome in the neighborhood. Source is not mainstream media: http://christinaleachphillips.wordpr...monday-oct-19/

Yay I finally figured this out, thanks everybody. Go up to the post that says by the time the trash gets to the landfill all of the garbage bags are ripped, etc.? Now we are trying to figure out (1) if there was a routine of stacking bags by the Gano house (2) if someone working on the house routinely cleaned up which included disposing of those bags and (3) if the clean up person would feel that 65 lbs. was unusually heavy and thought to look inside it. Even if she was put ina dumpster without a bag, most people dumping trash don't stand on their heads and look inside...perp could have thrown her in there and thrown other materials (already in another bag) on top? Well, I definitely feel this WAS premeditated. Working on the premise of motive: I need to get rid of this kid, she is a problem to me/my lifestyle/gets too much attention/I'm sick of dealing with her/she saw something I didn't want her to see/she gives her mom and everybody a hard time/she is threatening to "tell", etc., etc. Which two men could have this motive?

I know she pulls her little tricks walking home and running off here and there, so I will just get a couple of bags and wait over by that house and when she comes along, "psssst, get over here, you are in big trouble". It wouldn't take long to do it, put her in the bag, slide the bag over there with the other trash, and leave. Who will be watching me? You know, I have my needs, too. This is the only way I will get control over this situation once and for all."

Now I will just go and comfort mom and be very very calm and cooperate with the police and be a pall bearer (keep dad away from the kids) and everything will go back to how I wanted it to be for now.

That's the very first thing I thought of. PC or SP. SP isn't innocent either. I bet they worked together. Something tells me it's those two men. I don't know why but it does.

The dumpster at the Gano house looked to be in front of the house. Is that right?

She could have been put in that dumpster and disposed of elsewhere later. But, she was not taken from that dumpster because it was full and it's a Roll-off that goes elsewhere.

I don't know if they had garbage cans there or not, but I don't think that it would have worked with residential, knowing that guys empty the cans into the truck.

I am not a dumpster girl. Don't have to empty garbage into one. I wouldn't be looking in there either, that's for sure.

But I have gotten my answer, I feel. I think it is possible that the perp would move other bags of garbage on top of her in a dumpster. That makes total sense,

When I bring my garbage out to my can, I just stuff it in there and don't hang around and monkey with it. ( I think my hubby would be asking what day it was exactly in our years of marriage that I brought out the garbage LOL, but I do!) So, I never thought about moving stuff around to cover her up. So obviously a good idea and then she could be put in there without a bag, as a poster said that a mechanical arm dumps the dumpsters in the garbage truck.

Therefore, even the politically incorrect choice could have done that.

Facts II, Part 3

Because I was running into issues with surpassing the number of characters in this post, I'm going to divide into Facts I (Somer, Diena, Samuel, Sean, C. Perry) and Facts II (Gano House, Law Enforcement, Other People, Garbage, RSOs, Unrelated) and the Part number will change as we go.

Please do not quote whole post. Bring a correction or addition to my attention with copy/paste.

GANO AVENUE HOUSE
· This house caught fire months ago and is being restored.
· Work crews have been at that house.
· VD&B is the contractor working on the house.
· Kyle, who works with the contractor, was there on October 19, and said that Somer came in the yard, told him that he/they were doing a good job on the house, and went back the way she came.
· Kyle is the last person known to see Somer alive.
· There are propane tanks surrounded by a fence about a block the house (toward school).
· J., a minor, was riding his bike home when he saw Somer running around near the tanks and that she he thought she was excited but had a frown on her face.
· OPAA is a park and sporting fields across the street from the house.
· LE searched the house extensively on Thursday and Friday.
· The Gano House was proclaimed a crime scene, as was the search area.

LAW ENFORCEMENT
· LE searched the Gano Avenue house extensively and the men's room at OPAA briefly and came out with a bag.
· An autopsy was performed, and LE knows the cause of death, but that have not released that information.
· Sheriff reports only one person cleared in the investigation into Somer’s death and that is him.
· Investigators made the request / recommendation that Somer's casket be closed.

OTHER PEOPLE
· AB appeared on TV with Sheriff Beseler. Don't want video to play in this post: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33427923#33427923"]msnbc.com.

· A woman who did not want to be identified told First Coast News that she asked investigators to check the vacant house on Gano Avenue and its dumpster. A woman, who did not want to be identified, tells First Coast News' Monica Landeros she asked investigators to search this vacant home and dumpster on Monday night. She says, "I'm upset. It's like, should I have looked, should I have gone in the dumpster?

·
A female neighbor (reportedly Anna Braddy), when questioned about the trash pick-up day, made a comment that the trash had already been collected that day so to take that however you want to (paraphrased). See [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322499&postcount=253"]post[/ame].

· Houses in the vicinity of the Gano house were searched on Tuesday, October 20. The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.

GARBAGE
· Bruce Owens, suggests to the sheriff that all trash trucks should be followed and searched so they can isolate the trash coming out of this area, the trash trucks are then followed. (Later reported that Joe Jett gets credit for this.)
· Somer was found dead on October 21 in the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, Georgia.
· LE followed the trucks to the Chesser Island Landfill.
· There is at least one video of an interview with Diena that is blacked out-significant portion of interview is missing at the point where DT is recalling something from the day. Because it was raw video and they edited out camera man movement?

RSOs
· There are 161 RSOs that live within 5 miles of Somer’s home.
· CWG’s name and contact info appears on the initial police report (in error as a case of mistaken identity) detailing her disappearance, along with the names of family, neighbors, and others.
· The owner of VD&B has a brother who is an RSO. His name is GCV.
· Since Somer disappeared many RSO’s have been arrested for failing to update their addresses.

UNRELATED BUT YET, RELATED
· What was thought to be an attempted abduction 10 days before Somer's disappearance turned out not to be an attempted abduction and was not related to Somer's disappearance according to LE. Even after LE said there was no connection, reports on blue Nissans poured in to the CCSO.

· A police report in the Clay County Daily indicated that 4 burglary suspects were arrested at the Thompson home. LE later said that the address was in error and gave this explanation: An officer who was at the Thompson home was called to an unrelated burglary call and made the arrest of 4 individuals but when he filed his report, he forgot to change the address. If you check the Clay County Daily for 10/21, you will find the correct information now.

· CWG's name on the MPR was a result of mistaken identity according to LE.

:star1: New stuff here. Will put in right category later.

GANO HOUSE
James V. Video in which he states they did get the truck and trailer back and that they where cleared. Also on this video it is the DT family that told the reporter LE asked her not to view the body of Somer. http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/

GARBAGE/LANDFILL
Bruce Owens brought it to Beseler’s attention that clues could be found in the trash. Detective Bruce Owens said he alerted Beseler that clues could be found in trash from around Orange Park. "If a truck was seen, it would be best to follow it to its next location, so they could search or follow it to the closest landfill, so they could isolate it from the dump," Owens said. Owens said he got dozens of deputies and police officers on the road after Somer was reported missing. He said he wanted all garbage trucks checked as quickly as possible. "Time is of the essence. That collection was being done by outside companies," Owens said. Dozens of squad cars stayed on the trail of the garbage trucks as they traveled across the state line into Georgia. "They sifted through about 300,000 tons of waste," Owens said. About 200,000 tons of trash was searched at a landfill in Clay County, and 100,000 tons was searched at a dump in Folkston, Ga. http://www.wesh.com/news/21389441/detail.html

Dumpsters on Tuesday; Residential on Wednesdays. [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4552356&postcount=360"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 29[/ame]

FOLKSTON, GA - ambulance are now on site [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4321461&postcount=490"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park THREAD #2[/ame]

OTHER FORUMS WITH ITEMS OF INTEREST
Forum with news articles in entirety: [ame="http://crimeshots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10032"]Somer Thompson, (7) missing - Crimeshots© True Crime Forums[/ame]
Somer Thompson Archive: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/archive.aspx

TES/SEARCHES
Link to video in which they say LE suspended the overnight searches for Tuesday night. (Said on Wednesday morning.) http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ng/49318320001

When TES was coming. [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4318276&postcount=229"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park THREAD #2[/ame]

THE ARGUMENT/FIGHT/SPAT/SQUABBLE/TIFF
(WS source [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4552117&postcount=334"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 29[/ame])
Oct 21: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/childs-body...ory?id=8883485 [snipped...] She had been walking with her two siblings, including a twin brother, and friend when she got into an argument with another child. Somer walked ahead of the group and was never seen again.

Oct 21: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ay.html?cat=62 [snipped...] Somer Thompson went missing around 3 p.m. Monday afternoon when she was walking home from school. She, her twin brother, her 10-year-old sister and several friends were headed home when Somer and a friend got into a small argument. When Somer's older sister told her to "quit fighting," Somer reportedly got angry and ran ahead of the group. But when everyone got home, Somer had not yet arrived. Diena Thompson was informed by text message at her work that her child was missing. She immediately left and, chancing upon a police vehicle, flagged it down. The search for Somer Thompson began almost immediately.

Oct 21: http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/mother-...ory?id=8877337 [snipped...] Holding a picture of her daughter, Thompson told "Good Morning America" that her family, especially Somer's twin brother, are devastated. "We just don't know what to do without her," she said. Somer vanished Monday while on her way home from school with her twin and 10-year-old sister. She had argued with the two other children, Thompson said, and ran ahead of them, far enough that they lost sight of her.

Oct 23: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10...ody/index.html [snipped...] Somer became separated from her siblings and schoolmates on her way home from school in Orange Park, Florida, on Monday. She was seen in a fight at school before she disappeared, according to a police report released Thursday. Her 10-year-old sister told police that Somer had gotten into a fight with another girl at school earlier in the day. The sister said she brought up the fight while she and her brother walked Somer home from school, and that Somer ran off from them, apparently upset. The sister said she lost sight of Somer in a group of other kids leaving the school, according to the police report. When the other children got home and she wasn't there, they dropped their backpacks and went out looking for her.

Oct 23: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews [snipped...] Authorities say Somer squabbled with another child Monday and then walked ahead of the group of kids and was never seen again. Justino said Friday that the argument was verbal and began at school. "Somer became agitated by that," she said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...ompsons_school [snipped....] Authorities think she may have hit another child with a backpack and run off alone after someone teased her. It was close to a place where deputies had a report of a recent abduction attempt, one they've since said they don't believe was related.

FUNDRAISERS
Car show for Somer A car show to benefit the family of Orange Park 7-year-old Somer Thompson, who went missing Oct. 19 and whose body was found two days later in a Georgia landfill, will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. today (12/11) at Hurricane Grill and Wings, 5907 Roosevelt Blvd. There is a $30 entry fee, with plaques and trophies, as well as raffles, with all proceeds to benefit the family. For more information, call 874-9529. http://jacksonville.com/community/my...efit_for_somer

VIDEOS
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/

Search for Somer Thompson in Orange Park 11 p.m. Report
Sheriff calls her Shannon(name of reporter I think). 100 units; utilizing dogs; intensive ground search using SWAT team; asks public to call with anything out of ordinary in neighborhood; clothing backpack that wasn't there before.

No AMBER Alert and CART alerts require certain criteria. This is being worked as missing child case. Those type of alerts may be forthcoming.

She was with twin brother and other children; there was a slight argument and she ran ahead. Last seen 2:45 p.m. Notified LE at around 5 p.m.

Somer Thompson Latest Search 10/20 6 p.m.
Mike P. (stick man, IIRC) tried to think like a 7 year old.

Crossing Guard Never Saw Somer 10/21
Miller and Gano and Grove Park and Gano -- not sure they saw Somer
DeBarry and Gano -- she is positive she did not see Somer

Search for Somer Thompson 10/22 5:30 a.m. Report
Body found in Georgia may be Somer Thompson.

The Search at Somer's School 10/20 12 p.m. Report
LE stopping parents at Miller and Gano and taking information. First time GPE has ever had missing child; taking time to talk to kids and ease parents' concerns.

Clay County Students Visit Somer's Home on Day Off 10/23
Parents bringing kids there to see memorial. Not many kids outside; those that they see are being kept close to parents. Teaching their kids an important lesson. TN brought kids (C and A) to get the message of stranger danger to hit home. Gives nervous laugh when she says "we are certainly enforcing stranger danger."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ts/49318341001 or Video Source (Search Dogs Follow Scent, Used Bedsheet 10/21 5 p.m.) Dog handler talking and how she used bed sheets. Comment at end is that they are not sure that the scent was not Somer's from a previous day. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ts/49318341001

Chicken Pants - if we go with your idea that she was placed inside a garbage bag, then we would have to also assume it was a premeditated murder. Unless whoever did it carries a box of extra-large hefties around in the car (assuming also she was picked up in a car). LE has never indicated whether or not she was in a garbage bag. She could have been, but IDK. Seems like a logical way to hide the evidence if there was enough time to think it through & if lawn & leaf trash bags were conveniently at hand.

I've always assumed she was placed in a dumpster "as-is". The reason is because I've viewed many landfill pics and have seen many intact bags of garbage in those pics. When she was found, her legs were protruding from beneath a pile of rubbish, according to news reports. IMO, if she had been in a garbage bag, her legs wouldn't have been seen - in other words, if all the other bags of garbage @ the landfill remained intact, wouldn't hers also have? Does that make sense?

Everything you say makes sense. Perhaps some bags remain intact and others don't, depending on how much they have been thrown around. Perhaps her bag ripped and they found her covered with trash from another bag?

That was very nice, thank you.

On DT's FB page she had: (Her name) is a fan of:
Celebrities/Public
Figures
God

I took a screenshot of it so I know for a fact it was there.
There is nothing there now. She removed it.

I wonder if part of the grieving process is losing faith? I know there is anger, depression and denial. Maybe the anger part plays into it? IDK

How sad - I hope she hasn't lost faith. But from experience, I know sometimes people do. My younger sister did when her little daughter was killed in a tragic accident 11 years ago. She was angry at God for not intervening and saving her daughter. And when my mother passed away 2 1/2 years ago, I remember feeling angry when the spring came & the forsythia & bluebells bloomed. I had always welcomed the first signs of spring, but at that time I felt angry that the flowers could bloom when I felt such grief. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt as if the spring was betraying me in its "celebration", because I just wanted the winter to continue.

Hi,

I've been reading along and trying to catch up tonight. You have some good questions and insights. One thing I wanted to mention, the twins birthday is in April. So they were seven and half. You might have read where there is a discrepancy on whether S was in the first or second grade. By her age she should have started second grade this year. But, if she was in the first, it was either because she failed or was held back. Does anyone know what grade ST jr, is in? Were they in the same grade? Could this have been a source of tension maybe?

Or inversely, could she have been left back because of all the tension she was experiencing. I feel so bad for this little girl. She must have had the weight of the world on her shoulders. Someone who doesn't want to come is usually not coming home for a reason. I think she was abused. Part of me knows she was abused. She fits the profile of a victim.

What I meant was that to her co-workers, when she left she gave no indication that something terrible had happened. She probably gave them some excuse (I'm just saying here what I would have done, because she doesn't want them to know the abuse taking place), and it was 4 o'clock and she would be off soon anyway. I didn't mean that she just jumped up.

I can now almost feel the surreal panic setting in, not wanting to let on too much what was going on, and running to the car.

As far as I know, no one knows for sure when SP arrived at the house, but if she had to drive all the way home from the office (20-minute drive), it wasn't for "lunch" - she was trying to protect her children.

Of course, we don't know how many times she had had to leave early - we don't know her work history - and we don't know how volatile things were in that household. I just recognized the feelings and actions I would have done then, after what 4mer told us DT had told a mutual friend about 3 months earlier.

New, DT does not appear to me as the kind of person who would "keep things to herself" i.e., not tell her co-workers things. Look at her on TV. She is more the type who would tell everything, shoot the stuff with them about men, etc. The kind of woman who would fight back in an argument with a boyfriend, who would then hit her saying "you asked for it", and perhaps in fear she would say, "you're right, I am always shooting off my mouth...sorry."

Hi,

I do not want to offend anyone here, but I will say I have always had the impression that Somer was slightly developmentally disabled. From her photos and from the descriptions of her. And maybe that is why she was picked on. Her mom referred to her as being clumsy, also, doing "her" versions of her dances...these children are very often very temperamental, gullible and impulsive. They can go from angry to sorry quickly. They don't fit in easily with "mainstream" kids who often go for the kill (no pun here) for a child who seems different. A lot of them play alone or go to any lengths to make friends and they have feelings which are easily hurt.

Unless the murder occurred inside someone's home where garbage bags are readily available, thus no need to have carried some around in a car. As for the pics of the landfill, can you tell if the bags are intact? I can't, but then the pictures were from a distance and I don't have the best eyes in the world either. Do you know if we can enlarge the pics of the trash in the landfill? I didn't try to do that.

New, DT does not appear to me as the kind of person who would "keep things to herself" i.e., not tell her co-workers things. Look at her on TV. She is more the type who would tell everything, shoot the stuff with them about men, etc. The kind of woman who would fight back in an argument with a boyfriend, who would then hit her saying "you asked for it", and perhaps in fear she would say, "you're right, I am always shooting off my mouth...sorry."

Yes, I agree - but DT really is no spring chicken. Look at all that has gone in the past, with ST, PC (1st husband), and we don't know how many others. I now get the feeling that she was really afraid of CPC - She had a wonderful man in ST, but everything seems to get screwed up because of wrong choices -- and now she's screwed up again with CPC. Now that I think about it, that could be why she is so hateful towards him -- because he will KNOW she screwed up again, and the best way for him NOT to know is to keep the kids away -- but apparently Somer called and wanted him to come get her -- and that let the cat out of the bag.

She has a good job in a prestigious office, and she doesn't want to screw it up and trying to cover up and trying to look normal.

I do not want to offend anyone here, but I will say I have always had the impression that Somer was slightly developmentally disabled. From her photos and from the descriptions of her. And maybe that is why she was picked on. Her mom referred to her as being clumsy, also, doing "her" versions of her dances...these children are very often very temperamental, gullible and impulsive. They can go from angry to sorry quickly. They don't fit in easily with "mainstream" kids who often go for the kill (no pun here) for a child who seems different. A lot of them play alone or go to any lengths to make friends and they have feelings which are easily hurt.

I don't think she was that. I think most of it was emotional delay due to her family situation and PC in the picture. DT sure picked the wrong men in her life and that changes the dynamics of a family. This plus the missing father was too much for this little girl.

How sad - I hope she hasn't lost faith. But from experience, I know sometimes people do. My younger sister did when her little daughter was killed in a tragic accident 11 years ago. She was angry at God for not intervening and saving her daughter. And when my mother passed away 2 1/2 years ago, I remember feeling angry when the spring came & the forsythia & bluebells bloomed. I had always welcomed the first signs of spring, but at that time I felt angry that the flowers could bloom when I felt such grief. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt as if the spring was betraying me in its "celebration", because I just wanted the winter to continue.

((((((((((((((((sorrell)))))))))))))))) big ol' cyber hug for you sorrell... bless your heart. Ya'll are really getting me in my heart tonight. I can hardly read the screen through the water in my eyes - seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed