FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarred is on his way to Clay Co.

jh2.jpg

jh.jpg

Personally, I wonder how many children would be alive today if social services did do their jobs and LE as well.

Criticize if you want, but look at the facts in some cases, like Jaycee Lee Dugard , for example. I think this is going to turn out to be true in this case as well.

I fully agree. Jaycee's stepfather was wrongly accused of harming Jaycee, and suffered under those false accusations for years. I often wonder how those people feel about what they did to her stepfather, now that her she's been found and her kidnapper/rapist caught. I wonder if any of those people who had the guts to make those false accusations ever had the guts to step up to Jaycee's stepfather and apologize.

I believe Somer's case will indeed be similar - people making false accusations against her family members, and then we'll find out it was some random pervert who killed her. And I wonder how those people will feel then. I wonder if they'll have the guts to make apologies as publicly as their accusations have been.

I fully agree. Jaycee's stepfather was wrongly accused of harming Jaycee, and suffered under those false accusations for years. I often wonder how those people feel about what they did to her stepfather, now that her she's been found and her kidnapper/rapist caught. I wonder if any of those people who had the guts to make those false accusations ever had the guts to step up to Jaycee's stepfather and apologize.

I believe Somer's case will indeed be similar - people making false accusations against her family members, and then we'll find out it was some random pervert who killed her. And I wonder how those people will feel then. I wonder if they'll have the guts to make apologies as publicly as their accusations have been.

ITA and feel like I've been saying that for months now.
IMO no - they won't make apologies. Just look at the denial already.

I did some sleuthing and found out the sheriff is not up for reelection until 2012.

Personally, I wonder how many children would be alive today if social services did do their jobs and LE as well.

Criticize if you want, but look at the facts in some cases, like Jaycee Lee Dugard , for example. I think this is going to turn out to be true in this case as well.

Hi human, love your posts BTW! Just wondering what you mean here as you used it as an example. Was the Dugard family investigated in some way through social services or do you mean Somer was a random target, or targeted? Just not sure your thoughts?

I was just looking to see if JH was still in MS Vinelink says he is in depart correction ms in Jackson upon searching thier site he isnt there...has he been moved?

I was just looking to see if JH was still in MS Vinelink says he is in depart correction ms in Jackson upon searching thier site he isnt there...has he been moved?

Yes he is headed to clay county fl.

I tried to write a response to this post and Kimberlyd's, but I figured that BeanE said it best. Jaycee Dugard's stepfather lost his stepdaughter, his marriage and his reputation because people just couldn't believe that he was telling the truth that she was kidnapped. And these same people are somewhat responsible for Jaycee being held prisoner for so long; if the stepfather is the perpetrator, why look for the child?

LE did a good job here in following leads and not getting tunnel vision. Now we need to wait to hear the evidence to be sure this guy is the right guy--because getting the WRONG guy means someone else's child is at risk. In any event, child *advertiser censored* alone will get this dirtbag a long prison term.

No Rush On Harrell *advertiser censored* Charges, Says Expert

So how will the case against against Jarred Harrell play out?

WOKV Legal Analyst Mark Rubin says it's still too early to say how Harrell's arrest on 29 counts of child *advertiser censored* possession will affect the Somer Thompson murder case. And Rubin says Harrell's lawyer will likely try to shield his client. "I would assume that this individual is represented by counsel, and if the attorney is doing a good job, then he's not going to let the state interrogate him (Harrell) now that it's known that he's a person of interest in the Somer Thompson case," said Rubin.

Rubin thinks the child *advertiser censored* case probably won't go to trial for a year or so, especially if there is believed to be some connection to the murder, as investigators will look to use that time to get some leverage in the case.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/02/no-rush-on-harrell-*advertiser censored*-charge.html

Rubin thinks the child *advertiser censored* case probably won't go to trial for a year or so, especially if there is believed to be some connection to the murder, as investigators will look to use that time to get some leverage in the case.

Does this mean we won't know if there is a connection to Somer for that long?

Does this mean we won't know if there is a connection to Somer for that long?

I don't think they are going to need any leverage in the case, a little time for more test to come back but I bet that is it.

I know he is only a POI...IMO would they really publicly name him if the didnt think they have him? Isn't that defamation or slander??? to associate him with a murder case when infact he may have nothing to do with it?

I know he is only a POI...IMO would they really publicly name him if the didnt think they have him? Isn't that defamation or slander??? to associate him with a murder case when infact he may have nothing to do with it?

Yes it is and he can sue.

Thats what makes me think they have a solid connection of some sort...I don't think they would risk lawsuit...the only other explanation is the named him prematurely which to me is unlikely. What do you all think?

Thats what makes me think they have a solid connection of some sort...I don't think they would risk lawsuit...the only other explanation is the named him prematurely which to me is unlikely. What do you all think?

According to an article posted here last night or this morning, he is a POI & wanted for questioning in the murder investigation of Somer. This is forgetting or not including the *advertiser censored* charges. Hmmm...what are the questions??? To have questions, they probably have many answers??? IDK

Dear Posters:

Unfortunately this is one of our most problematic threads at WS. Because of that, we monitor it very closely.

Knock off the bickering.

Knock off the rudeness.

Knock off discussing whether or not DT was a good or bad parent.

Period.

Thanks,

Hoppy

:clap::clap:

The caravan should be getting close to clay county. I have some family down there keeping their eyes open. They think they maybe on the route.

Is there a date and time for his first hearing? I'm dying to know what they're going to charge him with.

In Gabe's case, they arrested Elizabeth on custodial interference, and then when they extradited, they charged her with that plus conspiracy, child abuse, and kidnapping.

I'm just on pins and needles to see if they pile on some more charges with this guy.

I'm not expecting any homicide charges for a while though. They don't have to rush since they can hold him on these charges, and the prosecutor will want lots of evidence for trial to make it as sure a thing as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74